CONNOR ✔️

By JazminBilalHashmi

Thirteen-years-old, Connor Wolfhard, a considerate and magnanimous teen, trying to cope with the enslaved pow... More

CONNOR- THE BOY WHO HAS BEEN SCARRED FOR LIFE
[Chapter-I]
[Chapter-II]
[Chapter-IV]
[Chapter-V]
[Chapter-VI]
[Chapter-VII]
[Chapter- VIII]
[Chapter-IX]
[Chapter-X]
[Chapter-XI]
[Chapter-XII]
[Chapter-XIII]
[Chapter-XIV]
[Chapter-XV]
[Chapter-XVI]
[Chapter-XVII]
[Chapter-XVIII]
[Chapter-XIX]
[Chapter-XX]
[Chapter-XXI]
[Chapter-XXII]
[Chapter-XXIII]
[Chapter-XXIV]
[Chapter-XXV]
[Chapter-XXVI]
[Chapter-XXVII]
[Chapter-XXVIII]
[Chapter-XXIX]
[Chapter-XXX]
[Chapter-XXXI]
[Chapter-XXXII]
[Chapter-XXXIII]
[Chapter-XXXIV]
[Chapter-XXXV]
[Chapter-XXXVI]
[Chapter-XXXVII]
[Chapter-XXXVIII]
[Chapter-XXXIX]
[Chapter-XL]
[Chapter-XLI]
[Chapter-XLII]
[Chapter-XLIII]
[Chapter-XLIV]
[Chapter-XLV]
[Chapter-XLVI]
[Chapter-XLVII]
[Chapter-XLVIII]
[Chapter-XLIX]
[Chapter-L]
[Chapter-LI]
[Chapter-LII]
[Chapter-LIII]
[Chapter-LIV]
[Chapter-LV]
[Chapter-LVI]
[Chapter-LVII]
Epilogue
[A note of gratitude]
A Miraculous Scar
Pleasure To Be Back Home Again!

[Chapter-III]

4.1K 123 87
By JazminBilalHashmi

                             C O N N O R

The tropical, hot breeze hit my face gently that has permeated the environment of striking LA. The city was ravishing and delightful, a lot better than I'd ever imagined.

The high-rise buildings, with many wonderful attractions and the sun, were shining brightly to make LA look more heavenly than it already is.

"This is incredible!" I exclaimed excitedly, realizing I was actually smiling.

I don't remember when was the last time I actually smiled.

The traffic was implausible and mostly all the people seemed to be in a hurry from the pedestrians to the drivers.

It looked much bigger and better than Georgia.

It's unbelievable to know; I'm standing on the ground of Los Angeles.

The car approached us. It was a metallic black car that looked big and luxurious. Completely unmatchable with the cars, I used to ride on.

As I opened the door, I noticed a person sitting in the driver's seat. I couldn't analyze him, as he was facing his back towards me and he didn't even turn to look at me.

I was confused about the person. Is he my brother? If he's my brother then who is it?

Thibbault, Elliot, or Maverick?

I didn't have any strength to raise my head, so I fixed my gaze to my feet, playing with my fingers, nervously, and stayed silent the whole ride.

"We're here," Jaxon informed me, getting out of the car.

I unclipped my seatbelt and stepped out of the car, gaping at the large impressive mansion that sat beyond the sidewalk.

"No way." I gasped as I saw the marble fountain towards the right side of the lounge to which Jaxon chuckled at me softly.

The water was falling gently towards the crystal blue pool beneath it, causing the ripples to form. The sound of the water acts as a beautiful sound buffer form of the mansion.

I watched the person getting out of the car while Jaxon ordered some man to pull out all the baggage.

I held my breath as I walked inside the mansion and Jaxon went straight inside the room, speaking to someone on the phone while I was admiring the view.

The house was welcoming from the open door to the wide hallway. The hallway flows into a large, wide staircase that provides many rooms leading upstairs. The living room was to the right and I'm sure it was thrice larger than my old one. The large kitchen was focused around the living room and many other rooms were leading to their definite directions.

It was so modern and lavish!

I watched the person start walking towards the staircase when I couldn't control myself and called him. "Wait!"

He turned to me, shooting me an annoying look but I was so desperate to know the person that I didn't care about his rudeness at the moment.

He had dark brown eyes and light blond hair. He seemed probably about 6'4. He was wearing clothes that looked a lot expensive and I noticed a silver necklace around his neck when my mind ran to the condition of myself.

I was in my red shirt with black sweatpants and white sneakers on my feet.

"Are you Thibbault?" I asked.

I stared at him through my eyelashes, plastered a slight smile on my face, and my eyes wide opened in curiosity.

"Yeah." He replied in a surly tone.

Me, being the stupid I was didn't even mind the tone in his voice. I ran towards him and crushed him with a big hug. He seemed taken aback by my sudden act.

"I missed you a lot!" I chirped, wrapping my arms around him, tightly.

He didn't say anything nor he hugged me back.

You're such an idiot. He doesn't even care about you.

I quietly pulled my arms away from him and lifted my head at him as he was so tall in comparison to me, even more than Kyle.

"Didn't you miss me?" I asked my brother, as hurt panged my chest.

He kept staring at me when he shook his head slightly, pushing me back and walking towards the kitchen.

Why would he like someone like you?

Pain erupted in my heart. My happiness fades right away. I felt a prick of ignorance and it instantly made me remember the mistreating of them towards me.

Tears blurring my eyes, unable to let me see anything clear.

The person who I cried for missing him has forgotten about me? He ignores me like that, pushing me away from him.

Stop crying!

Do you want to appear as a crybaby in your new home?

I bit back my unshed tears and quickly wiped my eyes and face.

I heard the front door slammed open and the two older teenagers that I assumed were my brothers, entered the room.

"Dad!" The older teen called out.

I realized, he had emerald green eyes, just like me with dark blond hair, and characteristics, a lot similar to my Dad. He looked about full 6 ft.

"Connor?" That caught my eyes.

I turned my eyes to the person, who was standing behind and seemed a bit shorter than him.

I found myself being silent for a moment when I smiled at him. "E?"

He had platinum blond hair. His chocolate brown eyes glinted as his stare fixed at me. He was also taller than me. About 5'10 ft. 

At first, I thought of him Maverick as he is taller than him but he is Elliot. I remember him.

I realized, Maverick and I share the same green eyes with Dad.

A broad smile spread on Elliot's face. I saw him walk to me and pull me in a warm hug. It astonished me because Thibbault already seems to have forgotten about me and Maverick has completely ignored my existence.

"I can't see 4-year-old Connor. Where has he gone?"

His eyes turned into a teasing manner to me and a titter escaped his lips. Despite the pain, I felt in my heart, I let out a giggle at him.

Thibbault is 18-year-old.

Elliot is 17-year-old.

Maverick is 16-year-old.

They all look so bigger, taller, and wealthy, being compared to me. I felt like a small child as a rabbit is standing in front of elephants.

"I'll talk to you later." Jaxon hung up the phone, coming inside the room.

His eyes scanned around the room when he fixed his gaze at Maverick. "He makes me remember about you."

"He has grown up exactly like him," Elliot answered with a light laugh.

"Definitely not." He disagreed to accept the truth.

"Little Maverick."

"He looks nothing like me, so don't compare him with me!"

Jaxon ignored him, smiling down at me, and ruffled my hair affectionately, causing me to get surprised.

Kyle has always grabbed my hair with extreme anger; never ruffled them lovingly.

"So you have finally come up to LA?" I heard Maverick speak, venom in his voice. He sounded belligerent.

My palms started getting sweaty due to the nervousness that had arisen in me but I trained my eyes to the ground, not answering him. I could already feel his dislikement towards me.

"Maverick!" Jaxon scolded him.

I fidgeted my feet, fiddling with my thumb anxiously.

"You three! To my room!" Jaxon eyed Maverick, raging at them. "I need to talk to you."

Maverick rolled his eyes, going inside the room, Thibbault and Elliot following him behind.

Jaxon sighed and placed his two fingers under my chin and raised it so that I was looking at him.

"Don't worry, I'm gonna talk to them." I shrugged at him in response.

CONNOR

"Listen, the three of you." I heard Jaxon talking to them, "He has been through a lot so it would be best if you guys try to get along with him."

"It's not my fault Dad that he has been through a lot." I recognized the dangerous voice of Maverick and I felt tears stung to my eyes.

Is my life gonna be like this forever?

Getting hate from everybody?

I told you.

"He is your brother, Maverick." I could hear Jaxon scold.

"Do you even know how much he has been through? That kid never received any type of affection and it's all because of your Mom." Jaxon spat out angrily. "I don't know why she took custody of him in the first place when she doesn't know how to take care of a child."

Silence. No one uttered a word.

"I wouldn't tolerate any type of hate or dislikement towards him. None of you make him feel terrible. Got it?"

"Fine."

I felt a familiar pang of agony and a feeling of absence of hope-filled me. Is this what you called a life?

I have always had a miserable life.

I saw them getting out of the room and Maverick shot me a deadly glare and Thibbault didn't even cast a glance at me. Elliot gave me a small sympathetic smile before walking upstairs.

Terrible anguish struck my heart, I felt a dreadful ache, as if something was being torn inside me and I were dying.

They were my last hope.

Shattered. All my hopes have shattered away.

I saw Jaxon coming to my side. He inhaled sharply, sitting down on the couch as he ran a hand through his hair, nonchalantly.

"They'll get used to you. Don't worry."

I felt his protective arm reach my back, rubbing soothing circles to it softly.

"It's okay," I mumbled biting my lip, faking a smile at him.

"Come on. Let me show you your room."

I shrugged, standing up with him, and followed him upstairs curiously.

The sudden boost of excitement scorched through my veins to see my room. Jaxon opened the room's door and darkish gray cheerful bold walls greeted me.

"It's pretty," I mumbled, plastered a beatific smile on my face.

A desk sat in the corner with an iPod dock on it. There was a shelf above the desk holding a black TV and a bookcase was settled beside it and there was an air conditioner fit on the sidewall.

The thing I like the most was that I have my own bathroom and my own single bed with a soft mattress.

I have always dreamed of it.

"Thank you," I whispered.

I noticed a blue blanket that looked to be new, already kept on the bed at the side. My eyes went to a clock hanging over the TV, the time showed: 9:33 PM.

"Come here." He beckoned me to walk over.

I hesitantly moved forward to him and I felt his arm wrapped around me, pulling me in a warm hug.

A hug? Haven't ever heard about it!

It's been so long since I've received a hug from anybody. I was unable to say that I didn't like it.

"Do you like your new room?" He asked.

"I love it!" I grinned excitedly.

"I'm glad you like your room. You can unpack your stuff tomorrow. Refresh yourself, then come downstairs for dinner." With that, he left my room.

Later on, I stepped into the shower, toes flinching as they touched the chilled ceramic floor. I turned the trim on which pulls water from a water resource. The sensation of tears welled up to my eyes, as the warm playful silvery water touched the bruises that had scattered my body.

I got refreshed and at the moment, my head was aching lightly. I clutched my head, to ignore my voices at the back of my head, which is constantly drumming in my brain.

"Come downstairs for dinner, Connor!" The loud voice of Jaxon boomed through my room.

Now, I have to tell you something twice. Kyle.

No, I always listen to everyone for the first time. I'm an obedient child.

I rushed downstairs and to the island where I saw everyone was already sitting at the table. I felt myself getting paralyzed. I turned my eyes to the ground and stood on my spot like a statue, unable to move.

"Come here," Jaxon called me softly as he recognized my nervousness.

I took a breath and kept my head down, I made my way over him and quietly sat down beside him on the chair when I saw a plate of Macaroni and cheese was put in front of me on the table. It looked delish!

"Have you eaten this before?" Elliot asked me. I shook my head in response without making eye contact with anyone.

After my food was finished, I stood up to keep my plate in the dishwasher when Jaxon stopped me. "Harvey will keep them. You go and get ready for bed."

"I can keep them," I mumbled.

"It's okay."

I didn't know what to say, so I walked back upstairs and to my room again. I allowed my hands to touch the soft and comfy mattress. Back there, I have always slept on a bed frame with no mattress.

Smiling a bit to myself, I laid down on the bed, cherishing this moment over and over. The feelings of calm, and relaxation filled me.

I felt my heart pace pick up when I heard my door being opened but relief washed over me when I saw, it was only Jaxon.

He walked towards me and opened the drawer of the nightstand, pulling out a small remote and he turned on the air conditioner to the max and it instantly blasted chilled air into the room.

"Once the room gets cool, you can turn off the AC and let the fan rotate the cool air." He instructed.

I nodded and felt him smooth the blanket over me tenderly. I was watching his affection towards me in too much shock.

No one has treated me like that.

I felt him put a small kiss on my forehead, leaving me staggered.

I'm not used to this affection.

You are a worthless and unwanted child and you don't deserve any type of love.
____

Hey guys! Here's the third chapter for you!

Hope you've enjoyed it!

Finally, the brothers have entered the story. Did you like them?

The rereaders might already know where the story would lead to but how about the rest?

Q: Views about Connor?

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, AND FOLLOW!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.4K 1.7K 44
Charlotte was taken away from her family at the age of two by her mother. Charlotte has become your stereotypically troubled teen and spends her tim...
607 123 7
"We're like dead leaves on a tree. Already dead, yet pretending to be alive so the living won't be lonely." ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Liv Marshall used to love s...
778K 18.2K 51
"SSSSHHHHH... What did I say, you are here to listen, so let me complete. Your family's torture is not what I want. I want you, and now listen what I...
776K 21.3K 51
Alexa winters, a nerdy ordinary 17 year old girl Basically a no body in school She lives alone, hiding away from social services and from that jail...