Coffee at first sight

By Selenegreyy

When Ayla Porter's father suddenly announces that she's about to get married to Xander Grey, the rich and arr... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 1

3.1K 113 42
By Selenegreyy

Hey everyone. Hope you are doing well. Please like and comment if you like this chapter. Thank you.🖤

PROLOGUE

I check my watch for the tenth time. Why is taking Emma so long? I have to be in a meeting in exactly fifteen minutes. I look outside impatiently. I wonder why women have to take so much time in the salon. They always look the same.

My phone starts ringing and I smirk when I see Albert name's flashing. That was quick of him to call. The threat always work wonders.

"Sir I already find the contract regarding Porter's loan from our company", he says quickly.

I had only given him thirty minutes to search for the files amongs thousands of them in the store room. That's what I expect from my employees all the time. They need to be quick and efficient. I don't pay them for no reason.

"Get Harold in my office in two hours", I order and cut the call. My dad has been too lenient with that man in the name of friendship. It's time to show him who's the real boss now.

Suddenly, I hear a man cursing loudly and that's when I see a girl beating the hell out of him. She's throwing punches after punches like a pro. The man blocks her hand and raises his hand to hit her but she manages to dodge it and kicks him between his legs.

Impressive.

I watch her curiously, wanting to see her face. A few people appear and just when they are about to approach her to hold her from stopping her to hit the man, she turns around in alert and raises her hands. Her face definitely does not look like someone who can beat someone up like this. She's so skinny and her face structures look so delicate but she's making herself looks tough as hell with that frown.

She seems to be speaking with the people around her while pointing at the man behind her. A man approach her to touch her arm but she quickly backs away with a nervous look and just nods.

The guy curls into a ball on the ground and scrunches his face in pain while shouting profanities at the girl. She snatches something from this hold, which appears to be like a bag and kicks him once. So he's a thief.

She opens her bag and sighs when she removes a small box of milk. Smiling to herself, she digs a small straw into it and starts drinking happily.

Did she really beat someone just for a small box of milk?!

I can't just remove my eyes from her. She looks so happy while sipping her drink. Just like a little child.

Taking a seat on the sideline away from the chaos she has created behind, she opens her bag again and starts searching for something. She stands up again and removes her mobile from her jeans pocket. Her eyes widen in shock and she starts choking on her milk.

She puts her mobile back in her bag and looks around anxiously. Is she in a gang or something? She's wearing all black except for her white sneakers.

She starts walking towards my car and fascinated, I watch as she takes every step closer to my car. The windows are tinted so she can't see me.

She stares at her reflection on the window and gasps when she notices that her lower lip is bleeding slightly. Removing a tissue paper from her bag, she starts dabbing it away without even wincing once.

Even her knuckles are red. Doesn't she feels pain or something? She's definitely from a gang.

I take in her features while she looks at herself in the mirror without her knowing that I'm actually behind it. She's beautiful. Her cheekbones are high and prominent. Her brown eyes are gorgeous but at the same time, they appears to be dull. Her lips are pink and plump.

Her phone rings again and this time she picks it up. She bites her lips nervously as she listens to whatever the other person is saying on the line. She cuts the call after a while and turns to look at her reflection again.

"How did he even know that I hit someone?", she asks.

Wow! She even speaks with herself. Can she get any more weirder?

"Eliot's going to scold me so much again", she continues. "Oh my God! If only that dumbass man didn't took my bag!"

"I hope I don't look like a mess when I meet him otherwise he's going to have my head for dinner", she says. My eyebrows shoot up when she starts combing her light auburn hair with her fingers and straightens her black shirt. Looking around suddenly, she puts her hand inside her shirt and adjusts her bra. I avert my eyes away instantly.

She smiles to herself again.

"Now I don't look like a mess!"

She turns around abruptly and bumps with the side mirror. She hisses in pain when it collides with her arm and smacks it for hurting her. I look at her in disbelief.

Did she just hit my car?

So hitting someone and getting punch doesn't seem to affect her but she feels pain when she bumps with a side mirror?

She looks around quickly again and this time giving the mirror a small pat, she walks away quickly almost running on her way to wherever she needs to be. Atleast she's no damsel in distress like others. But she's weird and definitely looks like someone who can invite trouble easily.

God bless the people staying with her.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

People say new beginning are beautiful. It's suppose to bring joy and happiness in your life. New beginning should make you feel ecstatic, free and liberal.

Then why do I feel nothing? I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I'm all dressed up in white. The long dress is stuck to my body, accentuating my figure. I'm holding my bouquet of blush peony tightly in my hands.

In case you're wondering, yes! Today is my wedding. Today it's the day my life is either changing for the good or for the worst. To be honest, I should feel some type of way like maybe the feeling of being scare or terrify because I'm marrying a complete strange which apparently is a total asshole. I have met him once. Last week. And let me tell you one thing. It was not plesant at all. Because it was coffee at first sight. I threw my cold coffee on his face as soon as I saw him.

*PREVIOUSLY*

My phone starts ringing while I order my cold coffee. Surprisingly, it's dad. Feeling a little unsure about it, my heart gives a loud thump. It's rare for my dad to just gives me a call. And sometime when he does, it's not always good. I watch it ring for a while until it stops.

"Your drink", the barista says, pulling my attention from my phone.

I mutter a thank you and taking my cold coffee I leave from there. I usually love drinking vanilla milk but today I feel like having a nice cold coffee. My mobile starts ringing again. I can almost feel my anxiety is about to hit the roof again.

"Take a deep breath. Slow and easy", I say to myself and ignores my phone.

Eventually the call cuts and I find myself relaxing gradually. I take a seat in a nearby bench at the park and sip my coffee while I watch some memes. They are so funny that I find myself controlling the urge to laugh.

Memes are the only things that can make me smile everyday. Having a bad day. Just look at memes. Feeling sad. Just look at memes. Feeling lonely. Just look at memes. It's that simple. Honestly, I don't spend with people as much as I spend time watching memes. Atleast they are more entertaining that humans. Plus they make you smile all the time even if sometimes it portrays your darkest insecurities. It's just me, my coffee and my memes against the world. Such a peaceful life.

My coffee almost comes out of my nose when I scroll through a meme. It's so funny.

That's Nicole. I love her so much. She's so funny. A living meme. A legend. I keep looking at her expression and start laughing.

Dang! I wish I was her friend. Atleast life would not be boring. Atleast the meme is relatable.

My smile dies suddenly when my father's text pops on my screen.

"PORTER COMPANY. THIS INSTANT!"

His text is bold and in capital letters. That means things are not good for me. Should I just ignore him and his message? No. I can't. He will go all berserk over me.

I decide to go and see what does he wants. It can't be that bad. Atleast in comparison to the past.

I reach the company in approximately fifteen minutes. It's not that far from the park so I just walk from there to here. Still sipping on my coffee, I look at the skycrapper.

"Welcome to hell", I tell myself.

Just as I'm about to take another step forward, I feel a smack on my butt.

WHAT THE FUCK!

I turn around and remain stun for a few seconds. A man was standing behind me while looking at his mobile. He appears to be handsome by looking at his buff built and suit. He has light brown hair but I still cannot see his face properly. He lifts his head suddenly when realizing I'm still in his way and let me tell you one thing.

He's an art. Piercing grey eyes. Sharp jawline. A straight nose and his lips are full and so rosy.

"Are you done staring?!", he asks arrogantly with a poker face.

Feeling my own anger flaring, I glare at him. So he's just going to make as if he didn't just smack my butt.

The nerves of him! He may be handsome and all but still he does not have the right to do what he just did.

Without thinking twice, I threw my coffee on his face.

Mr grey eyes flinches, by closing his eyes but not once loses his composure. He still stands tall and straight with his 6ft4.

"Who the hell do you think you are?!", I snap.

Mr grey eye's bodyguard starts to intervene, but a look from the man before me, he stops.

"Apologise. Right now!", I say.

"For exactly what?", he says still with a poker face but I can see the storm brewing in his grey irises.

I'm about to say for touching my butt but then realizing that he has the nerves to ask me for exactly what when he clearly know what he just did.

The audacity!

"You have the audacity to ask me what you just did. You freaking pervert! Don't you know how to respect woman? Didn't your mom teach you?!"

At the mention of his mother, I notice how his eyes darken but I'm unfaze by it. Well only a tiny bit. If previously he had a poker face now he looks furious.

"You just touched me and you have to nerves to ask me why you should apologize?! Do I look like I'm public property to you?! Can't you keep your hands to yourself?"

"What are you talking about?", he demands between clench teeth.

"Seriously!", I say in disbelief. " Don't you feel ashame? You must be really a sadistic person to be even asking me what I'm talking about. You clearly know what I'm talking about yet like a moron you are behaving like you don't know what I'm talking about!"

I notice him clenching his fist tightly and take a small step back. He won't hit me right?

"Excuse me?", a woman says suddenly. She was holding her son's hand who is apparently smiling at me for no reason. He's cute tho.

"Actually it was my son who smacked your butt", she elaborates with a grimace.

WHAT?!

I feel all the colour drain from my face when I return my eyes on Mr grey eyes.

Shit! What should I do now?!

"Caleb", the woman says in a strict tone. "Apologize now."

"But mommy, I saw daddy smacking your bum the other day and when I asked him why he did that he said because you are beautiful", Caleb pouts while talking. He appears to be five years old.

The woman turns red.

"And she's beautiful", he continues in his cute childish innocent voice. "That's why I smacked her bum. There's nothing wrong in that."

"You're really beautiful", he says when he looks at me.

Awwwww. My heart. This little guy is definitely going to be a heartbreaker when he grows up.

"...... must be joking", I hear Mr grey eyes murmuring.

"Look I apologize for my son's behaviour", the woman says quickly. "It's really not his fault." She signals towards Mr grey eyes.

She looks really embarrasse. Caleb waves at as his mother drags him away with him. I hear the bodyguard chuckling and my eyes snaps towards Mr grey eyes again. By the look of his build, one punch is enough to kill me on the spot. He looks so mad and right now, I can only hear one word in my mind when he takes one menacing step towards me.

RUN!

And ladies and gentlemen, that's what I fucking did. And do you know what happen?!

I freaking trip over my own leg and fall. I look behind and there he is. He's still looking at me angrily. I get up quickly and start running for my life.

I know I should have apologize but the look on his face made me run away. He literally look like he was going to beat me up.

Well not beat me. I know I'm being dramatic but still he looks so mad. His eyes looks ready to kill me. If only looks could kill. I would have been six feet under the ground right now. I walk quickly in the bathroom and splash some water on my face. My skin is red from all the running that I just did. I literally resemble like a tomato. The women in there are giving me weird looks but I don't care.

I walk towards the stairs and sit there to stall time to meet my father. I don't feel too good about this meeting. I think about that grey eyes man and cringe. It was not even his fault and I insult him so much, even threw my precious cold coffee on him. Such a waste. Well atleast, I will never have to face him again.

"That's a good thing", I murmur and start climbing the stairs. My father's office is on the top floor and just to stall time, I'm just going to climb the stairs then take the elevator.

Hey, atleast I can burn some calories.

My mobile vibrates again but I just ignore it. Finally when I start to pant, I get on the elevator and press the top floor. As soon as I get off, my stomach churns in an uncomfortable way. My gut feelings are definitely telling me this meeting is not going to end well.

"Hey Ayla", my father's assistant greets me as soon as she sees me. "Long time no see."

"Hey Mona, how are you?"

"Good", she replies with a smile. "Now hurry up. Your father is waiting for you."

She winks at me when I start walking towards the door. Why does she looks so excited and happy? Is something going on that I am not aware of?

Taking a deep breathe, I push open the door and watch as my father snaps his emotionless gaze on me.

"Took you long enough", he says in an disapproving tone.

"Just one hour", I murmur.

"One hour since you're in the building and now you are making you're appearance", he continues.

"Did you check the camera?", I ask.

"Yes I did", he retorts and fixes me with a cold gaze.

"I'm sorry father", I murmur and hang my head low.

"We have to talk", my father sigh and look at the man before him which apparently I just realize is here.

I walk slowly towards him.

"About what?"

"About your wedding", he says casually as if he did not just drop the biggest bomb of my life.

"What... are... you talking about?", I ask feeling as if the air has been knock out from me.

"Meet your future husband", my father continues while the man rises from his seat and turns to face me.

"Xander Grey"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

593K 18K 50
All she ever wanted was someone who can love her, understand her and respect her but destiny has something else stored. All her life she prayed for o...
6.2M 133K 52
π•πˆπ•πˆπ„πππ„ π–π‡πˆπ“π‹πŽπ‚πŠ - all her hopes and dreams of running away from the luxurious lifestyle with her boyfriend are ruined when she fin...
8.8K 479 72
Almost 22 years later, Leonardo Xander is at the grim age of 58 and a nicotine addict. Even though he has all the money in the world, he's lost somet...
2.1K 362 28
Collin lives the good life. He is rich, has everything he needs and his parents will do anything for him, but when you live on the Rich Side, having...