Sterling

De variestae

It was inevitable. It always has been. From the rumors at his school to his taunting parents behind closed do... Mais

INTRODUCTION
PROLOGUE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
BONUS SCENE

Chapter Fourteen

9.6K 640 173
De variestae

"Fucking Park!" Yoongi groaned loudly into the crowd of people when the other team scored, yet, another touchdown. The crowd cheering for their school was booing the opposing team, while Jungkook was still missing and under the bleachers. Taehyung watched as he and Hoseok held hands due to suspense when they seen one of their school player's holding the ball and making a run for the end zone to score a touchdown.

As much as they hated to admit it, they were having a little bit of fun since the game has turned and Jungkook was no longer playing. It wasn't because Jungkook was bad, it was because Bogum was bad and the fact that he was ruining their chances to win the game. The whole school knew how bad Bogum was, Taehyung just never believed it because he's never seen the man play the game before, and as of today, he was proven just how those rumors were true-the rumors that dared not to go back to Bogum.

The man was always getting tackled or dropping the ball. Everyone said he was doing it to stall until the timer ran out, but with every tackle, with every time the ball was passed to the opposing team, with every time the opposing team caught the ball when it was being thrown-really proved to the four males that Bogum was just a terrible player, and the reason why h was even on the team was because they needed someone who could take over if their star quarterback ever got injured.

Jungkook just so happened to be their star quarterback and he just so happened to get injured on the day of their big game. This worried the school and the crowd, wishing their quarterback wasn't injured and well enough to play on and continue with the game, but since no one has even seen the man come out and back on the field-or even the bench-they knew the injury had to have been worse that what they assumed.

The points were neck-and-neck, almost tying, and if the opposing team makes another touchdown, they would definitely take the lead, and the win home with them. They prayed Bogum and the team would get their heads out of their asses and finally play the game with all of their might, but it seemed as if Bogum wasn't giving his one-hundred-and-ten percent at all, and it seemed to have been aggravating the other players as well.

Hoseok's hands eventually moved to Taehyung's shoulders, gripping them tightly due to anticipation and anxiousness, eyes round as the small brunette boy gripped the other's knee firmly, their gazes glued to the field. Taehyung could hear Yoongi mumbling a string of curse words under his breath as they watched the game play on, hearing him curse loudly when Bogum was tackled yet again.

"I swear to God, if he drops that goddamned ball one more ti-" Yoongi was stopped when Jimin reached over and covered his mouth with his small hand, looking at him as he shook his head in disapproval, causing the older male to roll his eyes and go back to watching the game. The crowd was louder this time now that Bogum was out on the field, and it wasn't because they were fans, either, more like they were telling him to stop playing and get Jungkook back out there so they could be the one's winning again.

Taehyung pulled out his phone, scrolling through his messages until he found Jungkook's contact, clicking on it and sending him a quick text before pocketing the device back into his pocket and returning his attention to the game. There was finally three minutes remaining on the timer, their school finally making another touchdown before the buzzer went off, signaling the game was now over and BigHit High School had taken home another win for themselves.

The crowd finally cheered, this time, because of the win and the fact they were able to pull through. The four males let out a puff of air in relief, smiling as they continued to sit on the bleachers, waiting for the place to clear out before they headed home, none of them wanting to lose Hoseok in a crowd again. Once the crowd had thinned, the group of males decided to make their way to the exit, all of them ready to go home and go to bed.

"Come on, admit it, you all had some fun," Taehyung said with a smile as he elbowed Jimin in the side, causing the older to look away as he too smiled, not wanting the younger to see that he, in fact, enjoyed the game and did have some fun, but the brunette caught the smile, causing the elbowing to become more frantic as he let out a laugh. "I knew it! Just admit it! You had fun and enjoyed the game! Come on, Jiminie!"

"Okay, okay," Jimin chuckles out as he slung an arm over the small brunette boy's shoulders, smiling down at him as he slowly began to nod his head as a response. "Maybe I did have fun and maybe I did enjoy myself and the game," he finally admitted, even though he didn't fully admit, it was enough to make Taehyung happy, causing him to stick his tongue out at the boy cheekily, earning laughs from the others.

"Didn't I tell you you would have fun?" Taehyung teased, to which Jimin playfully pushed him forward with so much force he ended up slamming into somebody. Jimin's eyes went wide, smile dropping and heart plummeting when he realized just who he had pushed Taehyung into. The number ninety-three was the only thing to cause Taehyung's heart to drop and eyes to grow wide, his heartbeat picking up and blood running cold.

Of all people, he pushed me into Bogum.

Taehyung took a quick and large step back, bumping into Jimin and Hoseok in the process just as Bogum turned around with a scowl on his features. The small brunette boy was terrified-terrified of what was going to happen next. "What the fuck, Kim?!" Bogum roared, causing Taehyung to flinch at the booming voice and the venom that laced his words, eyes shutting as he brought his arms up to his face-protecting himself from a hit he expected coming.

"That was completely my fault, Bogum, and it was a total accide-"

"Don't fucking care whose fault it was, and I don't care if it was an accident or not," Bogum spat back, causing Yoongi to step in front of his boyfriend and friends with a hard glare. Taehyung peeked over his arms, seeing Yoongi was now bucking up to Bogum, fear striking him yet again as the tension around them began to thicken, people stopping to watch a fight that may or may not break out.

"Do we have a problem, Park?" Yoongi sneered, earning a scoff from the other before shaking his head, and Taehyung didn't know if it was because he was answering Yoongi's question, or if it was because he couldn't believe Yoongi was bucking up to him again-protecting his friends and boyfriend again. He assumed it was because he was answering the male's question, because the next thing either of them know is Bogum storming off, leaving the group of males behind to watch him walk through the exit.

Yoongi turned to them, arms still crossed over his chest, flicking his head towards the exit, "We leaving leave, or are we just gonna stand here and look pretty?" Hoseok was the first one to chuckle to that, patting Yoongi on the back, causing the male to shake off the other's touch, fixating a glare on him before Jimin and Taehyung began laughing, too.

"Don't flatter yourself, Hyung," Hoseok began, hand now on the other's shoulder as he smiled brightly down at him, causing Yoongi's eyebrows to furrow, heading Jimin and Taehyung trying to hold back their laughter. "You're not that pretty," he finished before walking off, Jimin and Taehyung soon following after the man as they tried hiding their obvious smiles and giggles, leaving behind a cursing and glaring Yoongi.

Taehyung and Hoseok began playing around as they walked to the exit of the stadium, shoving each other, much to the small brunette boy's request for them to stop before he was shoved into someone else, they didn't stop. Instead, they laughed and continued pushing each other, as the other two males trailed behind them, watching the pair and sharing smiles with one another.

Hoseok looked up as he shoved Taehyung off to the side again, a smirk forming on his features at the sudden idea. When the small brunette boy was back in his spot walking beside Hoseok, the older took this chance to take a step behind him, shoving him forward. Taehyung yelped at the sudden force and push forward, his whole front colliding with a hard surface-into somebody else. His eyes grew wide at the thought of it being Bogum or someone else who was a jock and didn't like Taehyung, causing his body to stiffen.

That was until he felt a familiar pair of warm arms wrap around his waist, a chest vibrating and rumbling with a sweet and familiar laugh, his body instantly relaxing as a boxy grin grew on his features. He looked up, seeing Jungkook looking down at him with a bunny smile as his arms remained wrapped around him. He looked over at Hoseok who was a laughing mess, causing the youngest to playfully glare at him, "I told you to stop shoving me! This was the reason why!"

"Relax, it's just Jungkookie," Hoseok replied with a playful eye roll, causing Taehyung's smile to only widen as he subconsciously rested his head against the broad chest that belong to Jungkook, hands resting against him and beside his head. Jimin and Yoongi had stopped beside Hoseok, watching the pair with the same uninterested looks they've been giving the younger raven-haired boy.

Taehyung looked up, his eyes landing on his shoulder, soon remembering the tackle during the game, "How's your shoulder? We're you hurt?" Taehyung asked, pulling away a little, not wanting to hurt the older in any way, only to be pulled back against his chest by Jungkook who just chuckled with a smile on his lips. "I'm serious, Jungkook. Are you hurt?"

Jungkook playfully rolled his eyes as he nodded, "Yeah, just a sprained shoulder." The younger looked over at it, seeing an ice pack was taped to it as his football gear was now on the ground. "Would you relax? I'm fine. I've dealt with worse. I actually broke my arm one time during a football game before. Not to mention when I broke a finger, fractured my wrist, and sprained my ankle. I'm fine when it comes to a sprained shoulder, alright?"

"Sorry, it's just that... you looked like you were in a lot of pain out there," Taehyung mumbled before resting his head against the older's chest, not even realizing he was leaning into his touch with so much ease. He felt Jungkook's chest vibrate as he heard a chuckle leave his lips, soon feeling fingers comb through his hair soothingly, his eyes fluttering shut for a moment, relaxing to the sensation.

"I'm not gonna lie; it did hurt," Jungkook admitted, causing Taehyung's eyes to open, moving his head and looking up at the older with round and glossy eyes. "I honestly thought I dislocated it, it hurt so fucking bad. But, luckily it's just sprained. Nothing more and nothing less. Should be healed in a bout a week or so-if I don't use it a lot, that is."

"As much as we would love to watch you two cuddle in front of God's creation, we better get going before it gets too late," Hoseok announced before wrapping Taehyung in a tight embrace, pulling him away from Jungkook's warm and soothing touch before being placed back in the man's arms. "See you tomorrow Tae. You too, Kook. Bye!"

Jimin and Yoongi followed the male, waving goodbye at Taehyung, even doing the same at Jungkook before leaving the two. Taehyung looked up, his eyes landing on the shoulder, "You think you'll be able to walk? Or do you want me to call us a taxi or something?" Jungkook just playfully rolled his eyes as he unwrapped his arms from around the brunette, bending down and grabbing his things with his good arm.

"It's my shoulder that's sprained, not my ankles," Jungkook teased, causing the younger to roll his eyes as he shoved his hands in his jeans pockets, the night colder than he remembered. The older noticed this, seeing how Taehyung was wearing a plain black long sleeve shirt, causing him to set his things down and and open his backpack, fishing out a hoodie and handing it to the other.

Taehyung looked at it confusedly, eyebrows furrowing slightly as Jungkook straightened just posture, holding out a hard grey hoodie in his good hand. "What's this for?" He asked a little dumbly. The older playfully rolled his eyes as he opened the hoodie and pulled it over Taehyung's head all with one hand. "What're you doing?" He asked as he pulled the pushed his arms through the sleeves while Jungkook pulled the rest of it down his thin torso, only making the older realize just how thin the other really was.

"It's freezing out and you don't have a jacket or a hoodie on, and I don't want you freezing to death on me," Jungkook stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world-to which it was and Taehyung was being oblivious to the whole situation. The younger bit the inside of his lip to suppress his smile as he felt a tornado of butterflies within his stomach. "And by the way, you need to eat more."

"Why?" Taehyung asked, releasing his bottom lip to look up at the older, watching him as he bent down again, slinging his backpack over his back and picking up his bag of football stuff of the ground all with his good arm. Jungkook looked down at him, only now making Taehyung realize just how close their bodies were, only a few inches if space separating them, and the sudden realization made Taehyung feel that same tornado of butterflies in his stomach again.

"You're too thin."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

96.3K 4.7K 61
19-year-old Yoongi never once believed himself to be a very significant person. What happens when a series of coincidences near his 20th birthday beg...
6.3K 447 29
Yoongi has been to more foster homes than years he has lived. They are all the same, the abuse and the hatred; it never changes. So, when he arrives...
48.8K 1.7K 30
• ˢᵗᵒᶜᵏ·ʰᵒˡᵐ ˢʸⁿ·ᵈʳᵒᵐᵉ ⁿᵒᵘⁿ ⁿᵒᵘⁿ: ˢᵗᵒᶜᵏʰᵒˡᵐ ˢʸⁿᵈʳᵒᵐᵉ ᶠᵉᵉˡⁱⁿᵍˢ ᵒᶠ ᵗʳᵘˢᵗ ᵒʳ ᵃᶠᶠᵉᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᶠᵉˡᵗ ⁱⁿ ᶜᵉʳᵗᵃⁱⁿ ᶜᵃˢᵉˢ ᵒᶠ ᵏⁱᵈⁿᵃᵖᵖⁱⁿᵍ ᵒʳ ʰᵒˢᵗᵃᵍᵉ⁻ᵗᵃᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʸ ᵃ ᵛⁱᶜᵗⁱᵐ...
29.5K 2.4K 27
Au where Jimin stays in a mental treatment center but he doesnt realise he's sick. He lives in his own head and imagination. Playing with his friends...