Crazy + Genius (Ryden)

By plunkygia

Brendon Urie is pretty crazy. I mean, all he's really known for his being gay as fuck and pulling pranks. Bu... More

Prologue
Cast of Characters
The Official Soundtrack
Welcome to Palo Verde!
New Year, But I'm Still a Pussy
Lunch is Supposed to Be Relaxing
Tutoring is Alright, I Guess...
Pizza and Kisses Are Very Therapuetic
Love Gets Me High as Hell
Nothing Like Running Over Your Crush
Only Delilah Knows How to Lure in the Boys
Shake it Like a Polaroid Picture
A Date? Sounds...Educational
It's a Little Complicated, Okay?
A Little Love, and a Little Sympathy
I Think We All Ship It
A Shopping Trip Is in Order
Finding Clothes is Tough
Brendon Isn't Good at Bowling
The School Dance Approaches
Nobody Loves You More
Oh, I Confess, I Confess!
Epilogue
PANIC IS OVERRRRR

...Unless Your Tutor is Ryan Ross

156 11 72
By plunkygia

(This picture seemed appropriate for this chapter, since they're studying and all. Do you guys like it? I found it randomly on Google Images and it's so cute.) 

Anyway, it's that time again! 

What time, you ask? 

It's time for another chapter of Crazy + Genius! 

Okay, enjoy! 

I took a deep breath as I stood in front of our front door, my hand poised over the handle as if to open it. Relax, Bren, I told myself. It's just your tutor! You can do this. 

Boy, was I  in for a surprise. 

When I opened that door, my heart stopped and my throat instantly closed up. 

Why is that, Bren? you ask. It's just a tutor. Probably Dallon or something. What's the stress for? 

Well, in front of me, science books, a pencil case, and a binder in hand, was none other than my longtime crush, Ryan Ross.

Um, excuse me, but what? 

I didn't sign up for this shit! 

Why didn't Mr. Knight bother to tell me that my tutor was RYAN FUCKING ROSS?! 

That's it, I'm done for, I thought. I am going to faint, or collapse, or puke. Either way, I'm screwed. I'm gonna die in here. 

"Hey." he said, scratching the back of his head. "It's nice to see you again, Brendon."

In reply, I managed to squeak out a "Hi". 

I know, I know. Real smooth, B. Trust me, you don't have to tell me twice. 

"So Mr. Knight said that you needed some tutoring, and I need a bit of extra credit, so... I'm tutoring you." Ryan said, now sounding a little nervous. 

Was I making him nervous? No, that couldn't possibly be it. 

He was probably just feeling a little bit awkward because I wasn't speaking. Yeah, that was it. 

I tried to say something, anything, but my vocal chords just refused to work. 

Agh, I fucking hated my life and my nerves. 

When I finally managed to say something, it came out....not exactly the way I wanted it to. 

I wanted to sound cool and confident in myself. Instead, I got this bullshit. 

"O-oh?" I said, with that fucking stutter again. "T-that's cool, R-ryan." 

Wow. Real smooth, dumbass, I thought to myself. What's next, you gonna ask him if he wants to fuck with that stutter? 

"Can I come in?" Ryan asked, smiling shyly at me, his cheeks pink with the cold from the brisk wind outside. 

Or, at least, that's what I thought his cheeks were pink from. 

Turns out I was wrong. 

But I'm not going to realize that just yet. I find that out, but only later in the story. 

"S-sure." I said, cursing myself internally for sounding so fucking nervous. Which I was, but that didn't mean that I wanted it obvious. 

But, like it or not, I was. I'm a pussy, remember? 

As I stepped aside to let him in, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. 

I excused myself, stepped out into the bathroom, (and by stepped I mean ran), pulled it out, and saw that it was a text from Phil. 

(Remember, Phil is Melina.)

Melina and Beryl

Melina: Hey B. Has your tutor showed up yet? 

I heard Ryan sit himself down at the kitchen table on the wobbly stool. I could tell because I heard it clatter quietly on the tiled floor. 

Remembering that Phil had texted me, I quickly replied them back. 

Beryl: Yes, he has. 

Beryl: And I'm freaking the fuck out. 

Melina: Oh shit. Who are they? 

Beryl: You'll never guess who. 

Beryl: Or believe it, for that matter. 

Melina: God, Beryl, you know that I hate guessing games! 😡Just tell me. 

Beryl: It's Ryan. 

Melina: No fucking way! 😯

Beryl: Yes fucking way. 

Beryl: In fact, so fucking way that it's Gerard fucking Way. 

Melina: You mean Ryan Ross? 

Beryl: You know any other Ryans? 

Melina: Yes, I do. His name is Ryan Seaman, and he's in our grade. 

Beryl: Alright, sassy bitch. You know any other Ryans that I have a massive crush on? 

Melina: No, lol. 😆

Beryl: Exactly. 😑

Melina: In that case, get the fuck off your phone and go 'study' with him! 😉

Beryl: But what if I say something stupid?  

Melina: You won't. 

Beryl: You know I will! 😣

Melina: It'll be fine, B. Just go! 

Melina: We're all rooting for ya! 👍

Beryl: But... 😫

Melina: JUST GO 

Beryl: Kay, bye. Pray for me lol  😂 🙏

Melina: Ofc, Beryl. Love u!  💕

Beryl: Love u 2, Mel. 😘 Bye!

I got off my phone, took a deep breath, and stepped into the kitchen, where Ryan was sitting. 

"You ready to get started, Brendon?" he asked, opening his binders and textbooks. 

"Y-yup." I stuttered out. "B-but first, w-would you l-like a c-cookie?" 

"Sure!" he said brightly. "I love cookies. Thank you so much." 

I flushed bright red at his words. "Y-you're welcome, Ryan." 

After that, I went and grabbed the cookies from the pantry, and sat down one seat away from him, pushing the plate towards him. 

He scooted closer until he was right next to me, causing me to blush even harder. 

He bit into a cookie, and groaned. "Oh my fucking god, these are amazing! Did you make these?" 

"Yes." I said. "With some help from my mom." 

I don't usually talk about my love for baking, but I do love it. Mostly it's only my BFFs that get to enjoy my cookies and occasional cupcakes.  

"Oh my goodness, you have a gift." he exclaimed, making me blush. 

"T-thank you." I said nervously. 

"Ugh, amazing! These are like sex." he complimented me, as he took another bite. 

I began to relax a little and started laughing. "That good, huh?" 

"Yes!" He exclaimed. "I love them so much, Brenny." 

I blushed with a mixture of pride and embarassment at his words. 

Not only am I an absolute slut for praise, but hearing Ryan say that my baking was good was a massive confidence boost.  

"Thanks, Ryro." I said without thinking. Quickly, I clapped my hand over my mouth before I could say anything stupider. 

He raised an eyebrow. "Ryro?" 

I took a breath and laughed a little, grabbing a small plate for my cookies. "Well, you just called me Brenny, so I think it's fair that I can call you Ryro."

"Funny, I usually hate being called Ryro. I wouldn't even let my friends call me that." he said as he picked up another cookie. 

"But it sounds cute coming out of your mouth." 

I instantly turned bright red. 

Was he... flirting? If so, why? And why with me? 

He must be one of those flirtatious people, I rationalized. Don't get your fucking hopes up. He's probably not even remotely gay. 

"T-thanks." I said, the stutter returning as all of my nervousness came flooding back. 

"W-well," I began. "Y-you saying 'Brenny' is much more adorable, and you can't change my mind." 

Ugh, I cannot flirt. 

His cheeks became a little pinker at my words. "Thanks, B." 

"So!" I said, sitting down. "Shall we begin?" 

"Sure." he said, grabbing a pencil for me. 

"So, what do you need the most help with?" he asked me. 

"Everything." I said, rolling my eyes. "Science is a whole other language to me." 

Ryan laughed at my words. "That's what Art is like for me. I just don't get it, you know?" 

"Really?" I asked. "That's surprising to hear. You'd think that a boy as beautiful and intelligent as you would be amazing at Art, considering that your makeup is fantastic." 

Oh. My. Fucking. God. What the hell was that?

Did I, Brendon Boyd Urie, famous for being a total wuss and a massive pussy, just flirt? Like, somewhat successfully?

But, at the same time, while it was successful and I didn't stutter, it was still such a dumb pickup line. I might as well have said, "Do you want to put your mouth on my mouth?" 

Sigh. Part lips, open mouth, insert foot. 

Ryan turned bright red and ducked his head bashfully. 

It was so fucking adorable. 

"Why, thank you, Brendon." he said, so quietly that I almost couldn't hear him. 

And, oh my god, the way he said that, just so bashfully and quietly, just made me like him even more. 

"Of course!" I said brightly, not sounding nervous. "Let's start." 

And with that, we began the tutoring. 

Now, normally, with anyone else, I would be dying of boredom. 

But, with Ryan, I was so interested in what he had to say, he could be reciting the dictionary and I would absolutely love it. 

Soon, I found myself actually understanding what he was talking about. 

Imagine, me, Brendon Urie, with my Ds and Fs in Science, getting and loving learning about Science! It was absolutely crazy to think about. 

Once we were finished, I packed up my things and Ryan put away his books. This was my chance. 

"Ryan..." I said slowly as he began walking to the door. 

"Yes, Brendon?" he asked, looking up from his task and flashing me that drop-dead gorgeous smile of his that made butterflies erupt in my stomach. 

"I had a lot of fun today." I said quietly. "Thank you." 

Ryan grinned. "Well, I'm glad that I could make Science fun for you." 

Suddenly, he leaned close to me that his mouth was right next to my ear. 

"See you later." he said as his lips gently brushed against it, making me all weak in the knees. 

Damn him, he knew just how to get to me. 

"B-bye." I stuttered out, now left a blushing mess. 

Dizzy with happiness, I grabbed my phone and immediately began to text the group chat. 

I was originally going to just text Frank, but fuck it, they all deserved to hear this. 

(Once again, Brendon is Beryl, Venus is Danielle, Melina is Phil, Frank is Joanne, Gerard is Delilah, Tila is Mary, Sharon is Spencer, and Sophia is Billie.) 

The Queens Group Chat 

Beryl: GUYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Tila: WHATTTTTTTTTTTT

Sharon: What's up, Beryl? 

Delilah: Hey B!  What's goin' on, darling? 

Venus: Hey, love! 

Sophia: Hey hey! 

Beryl: YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE THISSSSSSSS 

Sophia: What is it?!

Beryl: RYAN WAS MY TUTOR FOR SCIENCE 

Sharon: OML 

Sophia: OMFG 

Tila: AND?!!!

Beryl: AND.... HE JUST KISSED MY EAR 

Beryl: AHHHHHHHHHHHH 

Joanne: WOT 

Melina: OMFGEE 

Venus: B I'M SO PROUD 

Beryl: I TOLD HIM HE WAS BEAUTIFUL AND INTELLIGENT ACKKKKKKKKKKKK 

Joanne: CHA CHA REAL SMOOTH 

Tila: THAT'S MY BEST FRIEND!!! 

Sharon: B YOU SLICK MOTHERFUCKER 

Venus: BREN YOU QUEEN 

Beryl: IT IS TO DIE

Delilah: SHE DID IT BITCHES 

Delilah: I KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU 

Sophia: I JUST SQUEALED AND SCARED MY CAT LOL 

Beryl: HAHAHAHAH LOL 

Venus: BET I SCREAMED LOUDER 

Tila: OMFG B TEACH ME HOW YOU DID IT 

Sharon: SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BERYL I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOUUUUUUUUU

Beryl: OMFG I CANNOT BREATHE 

Joanne: WE GOTTA HAVE A PARTY OR SOMETHIN 

Sophia: Y'all free rn? 

Delilah: Yup. Mikey's out with friends so I'm just chillin wit Jo

Joanne: Hell yeah bitch, we up for anythin 

Venus: Yeah, my ma just got home so I don't have to babysit Adrien anymore 

Melina: Martyn's on a date so yeh I am

Sharon: I'm with Jon 

Sharon: He says congrats, btw 

Sharon: But we're literally just bingeing The Umbrella Academy, so we free 

Tila: Ria just left, so yeah 

Beryl: Yeah, why? 

Sophia: We going out for pizza to celebrate 

Sophia: My treat 

Beryl: YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS PIZZAAAAAAAAAAA 

Sharon: HELL YEAH 

Venus: Where? 

Sophia: At the Boston Pizza on Peterick Lane 

Tila: I'm there! See y'all! 

Beryl: I'll see y'all there! Bye! 

Venus: Bye! Love u! 

Beryl: Love u 2, V! Bye you guys! 

I pulled on my coat, grabbed a pencil and some paper, wrote my mom a note that I was going out in case she came home before I did, and rushed out, hopping on my bicycle. 

As I pedaled, I thought about everything that had just happened, the memories giving me a rush of energy. 

It had been a fucking wonderful day, and it was all because of Ryan. 

Hmmm, maybe having my crush as my tutor wasn't so bad after all.

(A/N: TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE WEEK?! Y'ALL FINNA DIE WHEN I'M DONE WIT YOU LOL 

Anyway, how are you guys? [Feel free to rant about anything, this be a safe space] 

I just finished reading T12 for the second time and now I'm reading Our Perfect Fairytale 

Also, Falling in Reverse is my new shit of the past 2 months. 

What can I say? They're just such a good band! 

Will Ryan and Brendon grow closer? 

Will Brendon get the man he likes? 

Will Ryan like him back? 

Will Billie actually pay for all their pizza? 

Tune in to the next chapter of 'Crazy + Genius' to find out! 

I love y'all!!

Anyway, enjoy your day, night, week, month, whatever! Just enjoy!  

SO WHY DO GOOD GIRLS LIKE BAD GUYS?
I'VE HAD THIS QUESTION FOR A REALLY LONG TIME! 
I'VE BEEN A BAAAAAAAAAD BOYYYYYYY AND IT'S PLAIN TO SEEEEEEE 
SO WHY DO GOOD GIRLS FALL IN LOVE WITH ME?! 
WHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAA OH OH 

Bye for now!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
223K 5.3K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
292K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...