The Girl He Never Noticed

By sweetdreamer33

Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ... More

TGHNN TV/Digital Series + AMA
The Girl He Never Noticed
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Epilogue
Book II - Chapter 1
Book II - Chapter 2
Book II - Chapter 3
Book II - Chapter 4
Book II - Chapter 5
Book II - Chapter 6
Book II - Chapter 7
Book II - Chapter 8
Book II - Chapter 9
Book II - Chapter 10
Book II - Chapter 11
Book II - Chapter 12
Book II - Chapter 13
Book II - Chapter 14
Book II - Chapter 15
Book II - Chapter 16
Book II - Chapter 17
Book II - Chapter 18
Book II - Chapter 19
Book II - Chapter 20
Book II - Chapter 21
Book II - Chapter 22
Book II - Chapter 23
Book II - Chapter 24
Book II - Chapter 25
Book II - Chapter 26
Book II - Chapter 27
Book II - Chapter 28
Book II - Chapter 29
Book II - Chapter 30
Epilogue
Official Playlist
Exclusively Mine
The Boy I Admire From Afar
The Fall Of A Drama Queen
Sweet Bastard
Catch Me
217 Million Reads

Chapter Ten

3.6M 131K 31K
By sweetdreamer33

Chapter Ten

Eros's POV

Fucking Shit! I groaned when I received another kick on my thigh. I was thrown off balance and landed flat on the floor.

Damn this big kid! My opponent was a previous Mushin Mixed Martial Arts Champion, Dick Reed. He was really good, so good; Donovan invited him to be my sparring partner this morning.

Kickboxing was a stand-up combat sport. I practiced it for self-defense, general fitness and as a contact sport. Donovan, who was a previous kickboxing champion, was my mentor. He taught me everything he knew about it.

I never experienced joining any kickboxing competition and was not interested in doing such. I had other priorities in life and many people relied on me. I was contented with inviting professional kickboxers, once in a while, to be sparring partners. We did it, thrice a week, early morning.

I sat down and slowly stood up, conserving my energy. I faced my opponent and through the right timing, I whipped a jab at his face, again and again, until he became frustrated and more aggressive. He made several counter-attacks on me but I evaded. I was dancing around him, landing jab after jab. The technique to distract, counter-attack, unbalance and gauge the opponent's reaction before applying a powerful strike.

Then, I made a swift glance at the wall clock, It was already 7 a.m., time for my coffee... I faced my opponent squarely, who already looked upset. In a speed of lightning, I gave him a fast jab that demoralized him and allowed me to execute powerful follow-ups with my other weapons, superior speed punches and kicks.

Instantly, my opponent fell to the floor, beaten.

After fifteen minutes, I was in my bedroom, removing my clothes, ready to take a shower. At the same time, I was watching at my 84-inch Internet TV that was also connected to the CCTV of the entire building.

I saw Jade in the kitchen, sitting there all alone. She was probably very sleepy because her head kept on falling off her shoulders. I grinned and went directly to the bathroom.

I removed the towel on my hips and turned the shower. I let the cold water run all over my body for a while before I shampooed my hair.

I recalled seeing Jade entered the building earlier. My eyes suddenly focused on her. I didn't understand why I found everything about her amusing.

I was at the back corner of the lobby talking with Dick Reed, the kickboxer. She obviously didn't notice me, because she was focused on answering the questions of the security guards. She looked like a scared rabbit surrounded by big wolves.

I immediately called the head security of the building, Rod Brent, "Cut the interrogation, you're scaring the girl. Let her in, now."

In a flash, Jade was escorted by Rod, going up to my penthouse.

Finally, I was able to sleep well last night. Our family dinner ended early because Mom had a headache. I knew it was just her alibi. She obviously noticed the tension that escalated between Kendra and me. 

I knew I hurt Kendra's feelings. I had to. She knew from the very start that falling in love was not part of our deal. She asked me a question, and I just answered her honestly.

I remembered the mixed emotions that played on Kendra's face when I said NO. She suddenly looked so pale, despite her heavy makeup. I thought she was about to cry and get hysterical. But, she cleared her throat and lifted her chin up. She appeared fully recovered. Then, she gave us her practiced smile, like she always did in her print ads.

"It's okay, Eros. You will love me sooner or later," she confidently said, with her thick eyelashes batting at me.

You're wrong, my brain answered. I chose not to argue with her statement. I didn't want to pursue the issue anymore.

I took Kendra home. The truth that I didn't love her had no effect on her behavior towards me. She still clung like a leech! And this time, she became more aggressive.

This should stop before she will expect too much from me. She crossed the boundaries we set in our relationship. She even looks determined to take it to a higher level.

"Kendra, we should stop seeing each other. It's time to part ways."

"Why? You found another f*ck buddy? HA! Men don't discard me, Eros. I discard them. I'll be the one to call a halt, not you. Remember that." She suddenly went out of the car and banged the door forcefully.

Damn, this is my favorite car. I gritted my teeth, when she left.

She was furious. Good! It was better that way. I hoped she would leave me alone now.

I was watching Jade on the TV screen, sleeping. She looked so tired. I continued observing her while I put on my white Tshirt and trousers.

Yeah, I pitied her, waking up so early to come here for work. But that was her job. She was well paid for it. Work should be valued. It was a blessing and a commitment that one should take seriously.

I may be rich. But still, I rose early, worked hard and stroke a business opportunity. That was my formula for success. 

I checked the time on my watch, it was 8 a.m. I went out of my room and strode directly to the kitchen. Then, I saw Jade, sleeping quietly. Her arms pillowed her head on the counter table.

I observed her for a while, studying her face while sleeping. My thoughts suddenly drifted to the past.

No. She couldn't be her.

I went to the fridge and took some eggs and sausages. Yup, I cooked my own breakfast, sometimes dinner. I enjoyed the liberty of scanning the fridge and choosing my own meal. I was a big man with a big appetite; besides, I was conscious of what I ate. That was part of keeping fit and healthy.

After I toasted some bread and fried the eggs and the sausages, I put the food on the kitchen table. My breakfast was ready, except for my coffee. I was really anticipating the taste of my coffee since I woke up.

I looked at Jade, and she was still sleeping peacefully. I went closer to her to wake her. Then, I noticed the high-tech CCTV camera blinked with a faint screeching sound and moved slowly to focus. Damn!

"Where's my coffee, Miss Collins! I've been calling you in the intercom, three times already," I lied. "I don't tolerate my employees sleeping while at work!"

Her eyes suddenly open wide. Shock and terror were visible on her face. She immediately scrambled off her seat and rubbed her eyes, fixing her hair and her dress.

"I... I'm sorry, Mr. Petrakis. That won't happen again... promise."

"Make sure you keep your word, because next time I'll caught you sleeping, you will be automatically fired."

"Er... I won't do that again, sir... I swear." She was flushing with embarrassment.

I nodded and went to the kitchen table to sit down. "I want my coffee now."

"Yes... yes sir." She replied and ran towards the coffee machine.

I started eating my breakfast while waiting for my coffee. After about three minutes, Jade put my coffee in front of me. The aroma of the coffee was glorious and delicious. It gave me a very pleasurable feeling.

Jade's POV

"Sit."

Huh? What did he say? "Er... what, sir?" I asked him again, making sure that I heard right.

"I said, sit." He said again, pointing at the chair in front of him. Hmph! I suddenly remembered dad saying Sit! Doggy, sit! When he was trying to teach, Shaggy, my dog to sit down.

Just like an obedient dog, I sat in front of him, at the kitchen table.

"Eat." He said, pushing me a plate of two toasted slices of bread, an egg, and two sausages.

My temper suddenly rose. He was talking to me in monosyllables like I was a dog or a toddler. I thought he was so smart and had studied at an exclusive school. Where are his manners?

"No, thank you. I... I'm not hungry. I already had my breakfast."

He suddenly put down his spoon and fork, then glared at me. "And what time was that?"

"Um... around 3:30 a.m."

"It's already 8 o'clock Miss Collins. Stop talking and eat," he firmly said and continued eating his breakfast.

I slowly took the spoon and fork. I felt so awkward, having breakfast with my boss. I looked at the food... hmmm... it smelled so delicious and my stomach suddenly gurgled.

This was really embarrassing. Mr. Petrakis caught me sleeping in my first day of work. I wondered why Doris didn't wake me up when she cooked his breakfast.

I ate my breakfast with gusto. I didn't realize I was so hungry. I was halfway  done when I noticed him watching me, while sipping his coffee. With a swift glance, I looked at him then at his plate. It was empty. 

This is getting so weird. Why am I eating breakfast with my boss?

"You should eat plenty, you are so thin. You can't perform your job well with an empty stomach." Preach! Oh my goodness, and he was even looking at me like I was a stray pet, eating his scraps. 

I didn't have a choice but to stay quiet. He was my boss, and I was at his mercy. I need the job or else, my family and I would starve. But -  if only... if only I had a choice...

Be calm Jade... take a deep breath, I said to myself.

I was surprised when he suddenly stood up and said, "When you're done. You can go."

What? I'm done here? My eyebrows lifted up in surprise.

"Sleep early tonight, so you won't be sleeping at work tomorrow."

"Er... yes, sir."

He nodded and immediately left me alone in the kitchen.

This story is now available on YONDER, your next-generation reading app from the Wattpad family.

Join me on YONDER today! Find it now in your app store.

https://yonder.onelink.me/6vpb/46a0c21e

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 16.7K 54
Completed | They say karma can come back to bite you in the ass. As a retired Special Forces Sergeant, Nate Jenkins isn't thrown for a loop very ofte...
15.2K 785 41
𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚 I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...
136K 3.8K 24
Mr. Carter has a new secretary, beautiful, mysterious and quiet. This new secretary happens to be both an efficient secretary and a woman with a broa...
7.9M 475K 51
To take over her injured aunt's job temporarily- Pia Rosi, a newly graduated historian, offered to work as a maid to the highly powerful Greek billio...