The Protector

By ShadeandShadows

Thrust into an unknown world that had only lived in myth, Tracy Evans finds herself mated to a werewolf, Prot... More

Author's Note (Please read)
Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 (Mature Content)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 (Mature Content)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Mature Content)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Short Bonus)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Mature Content)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Mature Content)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 (Mature Content)
Chapter 37 (Mature Content)
Chapter 38 (Mature Content)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Not a Chapter
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Mature Content)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Just a note... please read.
Chapter 56
Before we continue... Help Wanted
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Author's Note (Ignore this)
Author's Note
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
THE END
Author's Note
Q & A
NEW BOOK!!!
EXCITING NEWS!!!

Chapter 57

2.2K 101 29
By ShadeandShadows

CHAPTER 57 (Trigger Warning Please Proceed with Caution!)

This chapter is not attacking anyone's beliefs or perspectives. No matter how you feel on certain issues I write according to what makes the most sense for my characters.

6 days ago...

"Damn it Tracy!"

The furious expletive was yelled out as Tracy was descending the staircase the next morning almost causing her to lose her footing. Shocked, she gripped the banister while putting her other hand over her racing heart as she looked around for the culprit.

Gideon, dressed in his usual black expensive suit, stood there glaring at her, "Why the hell are you here?!"

"Would you stop screaming at me?!" Tracy yelled back irritated as she came down the last few steps. She hadn't been feeling well that morning. Sleep had eluded her the night before as she grieved with her friends. She was in no mood to deal with a vampire with a bug up his butt. She snorted slightly when she recalled Dameon calling them "fleas."

Jordan came hurrying down, looking like he was about to beat somebody's backside, "What's with all the damn shrieking?!"

"Everyone shut the fuck up!" Dameon roared adding his voice to the melee before grabbing his head and doubling over, "OW! Fuck!" he moaned obviously feeling crapulence as he stumbled over to a bench and sat ungracefully down.

Tracy wrinkled her nose, "Stop drinking so much and you wouldn't be hungover now. Wait! You're a werewolf. How much did you drink in order to actually have a hangover?"

Dameon just groaned since glaring hurt his eyeballs too much.

Tracy felt someone grab her arm none too gently. A slight electric current came from Gideon's touch which puzzled her, "Why are you here?" he gritted out, "You're supposed to be at home resting since your lying friend has been telling everyone that you've been sick."

"First of all, let go of my arm you're leaving bruises." She waited until he complied, "Second, I haven't been feeling well so Carla hasn't lied. Third, I received a message from my grandfather and it's best we talk about it in private later."

Gideon continued to glower at Tracy while Jordan came over to make his presence felt in case the vampire decided to get touchy again. Dameon's loud snores broke the silence. Gideon looked disgustedly at his host as Ruby came forward to show him his room. Jordan went to get breakfast as Tracy stayed to ask a couple of the male rogues to carry Dameon to his room.

Tiffany walked in a minute later. While her arms and hands could move freely, her wrists were bound by wide metal cuffs that were linked together with about a yard of a thin metal chain. Her ankles were also tethered in a similar fashion.

"Luna? Can I speak with you?" she asked meekly contrary to her usually haughty and arrogant persona. 

Tracy was shocked at her demeanor but was careful not to let it show on her face. They walked outside to a cactus garden that sat on the west side of the house. Tracy was astonished at the variety of different cacti growing there. The prickly vegetation had an astonishing display of colorful flowers that were late bloomers. The pathway was made of dark brown gravel. Large boulders were cut to make benches. Tracy made a mental note to come back out here and explore but for now there was a more pressing problem. Tiffany appeared to be in deep thought and it made Tracy nervous.

If Tiffany was going to ask to return to the Cub Creek Pack then she felt that she had an obligation as a Luna to bring her home. However it would also mean a trial and punishment which could very well end up being banishment. And once declared a rogue, Tracy as Luna could no longer help her.

Then there were other complications of such a request. Dameon Wilde for example. Call her crazy but Tracy had the feeling that the rogue king truly loved his mate in his own twisted barbarian meets caveman way. Whatever obligations he felt towards Lady Anna would not be enough to stop him from going wolf man wild on them.

And then Carla's reaction. Tracy rolled her eyes as she could just hear her best friend now, "Lord let this girl live one more day, so I don't have to wear orange tomorrow. Amen."

Yup Carla will definitely murder her.

"I'm pregnant." Tiffany whispered.

Ever been to a water park where they have those slides and you stand at the top and before you can even take a breath they pull a lever, plunging you down a steep drop? In that moment, the floor no longer held weight and Tracy felt a figurative drop in the pit of her stomach. Sitting on a nearby rock quickly, she felt shocked.

"Who's the father?"

"I don't know." Tiffany began to cry, "I'm scared that if it isn't Dameon's baby, he'll reject me."

She began to sob quietly. Tracy felt bad for her.

"I have to get rid of it!"

"Hold up." Tracy said, "First of all, you made this bed don't whine about your sheets being dirty. Second, if this is Jack's baby then he has a right to know. It takes two to tango and you don't get to keep the trophy all to yourself. Third if it's Dameon's, how anger is he going to be when he finds out you've aborted his child. Given the fact that he won't let you leave it's highly unlikely you're going to be able to keep this a secret. Speaking of which, I thought werewolves can smell their kid?"

"I've been washing with Dameon's body wash and shampoo then spritzing on his cologne. It covers my scent and the baby's."

"Alright. First things first. WE will tell Dameon. You are still my pack member and if the baby is Jack's then it's also a pack member. If he rejects you then you can choose not to sever the connection right away and give him time to cool down."

"It may not be Jack's. What if the father doesn't want it?"

"Then I will personally make sure that he or she will be placed with a loving family."

"I don't even want children!"

"As long as you are pregnant, I will do everything in my power to help you. If you choose otherwise, then there's nothing I can do. Personally I value life too much to help you but I won't stop you." Tracy sighed, "If you decide to keep him or her, you have options and I promise to help under the condition that you tell your mate."

"I don't want to take the chance, I love him."

"Then take it from me. Whether a lie or an omission it's going to land you in deep shit. Hence the reason I am currently here without my mate, who also had angrily told me to leave."

Tiffany cried even harder and Tracy felt close to joining her when she recalled Jonathan's harsh words.

"There's no hiding this, especially under current circumstances, best to get everything out there. Because the truth will eventually come out and it's a hard burden to carry until it does." Tracy paused, "As for having kids. Dameon really wants them. You're going to have to have a talk with him about it because even if you don't have this kid then he's going to keep trying. Just tell him you're not ready."

"No! I don't want kids EVER! They ruin your life and your body."

"Girl as many dicks as you've had, I doubt having a baby is going to loosen you up anymore. And God knows nothing will stop old age wrinkles and saggy boobs," Tracy muttered to herself, "Well then it sounds as though you're facing some hard decisions. I can't make them for you and while I don't agree with your plan I'll ask doc to see to your aftercare discreetly. But it's on you to figure out how to proceed."

Tracy started to walk away.

"I'll die if he rejects me." Tiffany whimpered.

"Then that's your problem." Tracy pointed out, "You have to love yourself. Trying to find love with someone else is secondary even if you are soulmates. If you don't learn to love who you are then there's nothing anyone can do to fill that void. You've always been bully and put people down because it made you feel better. Jessie, for example, is built with a healthy plump frame. And while she has toned up quite a bit from training, she'll never be skinny without looking sick. She learned to love herself and now that Landon's trying to woo her, he has his work cut out because she's learned to be strong without someone telling her she's pretty or having to put on a ton of makeup. If he rejects you then you have to move on. It's hard as hell but like I said, I'm willing to help you. You aren't alone."

Tiffany was silent, "Will you find a family for my baby?"

"If that's what you want."

"I don't want to tell Dameon or anyone else."

Tracy sighed, "If I take you back then it could start a war since you are his mate and I already agreed to release you."

"But he's just a rogue. The council will not allow him to declare war."

"The council will kill him and everyone here for attacking a pack. Can you for once stop thinking selfishly and look at the ramifications of your decisions? Do you want him dead?" Tracy huffed as Tiffany began to sob again. Pulling her in for a hug, she thought, Where's Carla when I need her? She's better at this whole 'putting things into perspective' nonsense.

"I'll tell him. Alone." she whispered.

"Like I said, IF and it's a big IF he does reject you, don't accept his rejection just come to me and I'll get us out of here to let him cool down. But could you wait a little bit? I need to make sure Lady Anna is well enough to travel with us."

Tiffany nodded.

--------------

Tracy heard quiet sobbing as she came up the stairs. Swallowing the lump in her throat she walked closer to the partially open door. Lady Anna sat on a chair next to the window looking out. A steady stream of tears followed down her pale cheeks. Her bright red watery eyes showing the deepest parts of her broken soul.

Walking closer Tracy rubbed Lady Anna's tense shoulders before pulling her into a comforting hug.

"It hurts so much." She wailed, "Oh God I wish I had died with my baby."

The heart wrenching sobs filled the room, Tracy rubbed Lady Anna's back worried that she was making herself sick.

"I don't even know if it was a boy or girl." she whispered.

Tracy simply held her as she continued to cry, tears running freely down her own cheeks.

-------------

An old garage had been converted into the ultimate man cave. Complete with stereo system, big screen, pool table, and bar. The garage was empty except for a lone figure that went to pray to whatever God there may be for help as he tossed back glass after glass of whatever bottle he could get his hands on.

Cade wiped the tears away as he pulled on his short blond hair hoping the pain would distract him from his musings. Memories of the young girl he had been forced to rape ran through his mind. Maybe this was his punishment for not fighting off his Progenitor's control and also for her murder. Maybe this was his hell for all the fucked up shit he did.

The connecting door from the house opened and Dameon strode in. Seeing the condition of his guest and the pile of empty bottles littering the bar, he sighed and took a seat.

"My mate's pregnant." Dameon said without preamble.

Cade felt angry that this man would bring up such a happy event when his own chance of fatherhood was ripped away. But reason prevailed and he knew that he would be over the moon if Anna still was pregnant.

"Congratulations." he said sincerely.

"It's not mine." Dameon said bluntly, "She was pregnant when she came. I could sense it. And now her scent has begun to change confirming that it's not mine."

"I'm sorry that must be tough."

"Yeah well she was what she was. I'm not so different from her. We were lost as kids trying to find love with selfish parents that had no use for us until they saw some benefit in it."

"What's going to happen to the kid?"

"Nothing. She hasn't said anything so she might not even know and she'll probably just assume that it's mine. I won't tell her otherwise." Dameon opened a fresh container of booze and refilled Cade's glass before drinking directly from the bottle.

"I always wanted a large family." Dameon said, "Lots of children to love. I don't really care if it's mine or not. But I do want some of my own. I'm tired of being alone, I want my mate and a home."

"I want that too. But vampire pregnancy are rare and the damage that was done by the poison almost guarantees that..." Cade broke off choking on the bitter news that he may never get the chance to be a father, "Right now she needs me and I can't...." sobs welled up cutting further speech.

"You can't put out a fire with an empty hose." Dameon said putting a hand on Cade's trembling shoulder for comfort, "I don't know your entire story and I'm quite possibly the worst person ever to give advice but I can see the love you two have for each other. Don't lose it. If you need to step back then step back but don't step away."

Cade took in a deep breath before standing a bit unsteadily. Without a word of farewell, he went inside. Climbing the stairs to the temporary room where his mate was placed, he walked inside. Tears still trailed down her cheeks as she lay in an unpeaceful sleep. Taking her hand and kissing the back, he knelt at her bedside. Anna's eyes fluttered opened. Cade gave her a small warm smile, "I love you" he whispered softly.

Anna cried in earnest as she clung to her mate but instead of sorrow she felt the healing begin.

===========================

Not even going to lie, I'm crying.

Okay. Here's the deal before I release another chapter. I need at least 5 "Opinion Votes" on whether or not Tiffany's baby should be Jack's or some other person's. There's going to be plenty of drama (in case you haven't figured that out from my writings, ha!) but I need to know how messy this drama is going to get based on the opinion votes. So please comment "Jack's baby" or "Other." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 1.8K 9
I felt the bed dip as he sat down on the other side but I focused solely on my task until I was done. "This is a pillow barrier. Meaning, you don't b...
54.1K 3.3K 73
Edited version of "The Protector." Excerpt: "You are my mate," he said to her coldly. Tracy looked at him intensely. "What does that mea...
277K 13.5K 55
{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... *******************************************************************************************...
94.7K 1.7K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...