Why Me? (TodoBaku)

By WokeASF

Depressed Bakugo tries to hide his secret. However, things never go his way. Word Count Total: 134, 990 More

Just A Little Heads Up
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Forty

9.5K 306 734
By WokeASF

Katsuki's POV:

It's finally the weekend. Today is the day that Shoto has dinner with Mr. Aizawa, Mic, and Shinso. To be honest, I haven't gotten that close to them yet, but maybe this will help bring us closer. I'm bringing the guy that I love to meet them. It's pretty scary for me and I wonder if Aizawa and Mic will actually accept him. I mean why wouldn't they? He's great, but I'm just nervous. Agh I need to stop thinking so negatively.

This week has been great. I can't believe Shoto's family liked me. They made me feel loved. I never thought I'd have a family that cares about me, let alone two. It's mind boggling. "Hey, what are you thinking about?" I look at Kirishima and shake my head. "Oh it's nothing. I'm just thinking about taking Shoto to dinner with Aizawa, Mic, and Shinso. We're both pretty nervous. I'm positive that they'll like him, but there's a part of me that still doubts people sometimes. It's just me being paranoid," I tell him as I throw a red shell at him. He groans and almost throws the Wii remote across the common room.

"Ugh I'll get you back for that. Also, don't sweat it. You get to be paranoid. You're strong, a little paranoia won't kill you. Just, stay calm. Don't stress yourself out bro," he tells me as he tries to mess with my remote as I turn. "HEY! You cheater," I tell him. He laughs. "Also, yeah. I shouldn't freak out so much. I have to go in a bit, but let's just finish this game," I tell him. I told Kirishima that we could hang out a bit before I went to go eat dinner with Aizawa and Mic. He was excited and agreed.

I got ready before we started playing Mario Kart so that Shoto could just come down and we could start walking to... my house? I don't know, it's weird to call it that. Shoto was nervous about going, but I chose his clothes for him. It was quite funny and I knew how he felt when he took me to eat dinner with his family. He was laughing at me, and now I'm laughing at him. Kirishima is wearing the shirt I got him for Christmas. He wears it quite often if I'm being honest. It's cool and it makes me sure that I got him the right gift. I feel like I should've gotten him something better, but he tells me that he loves the shirt all the time. One time Kaminari spilled soda on Kirishima while he was wearing the shirt and Kirishima cried.

Another time, Sero asked to borrow a shirt while we were hanging out in his room and grabbed that shirt. Kirishima threw the battery he had in his hand at Sero's head. He was going to put it in the TV remote. Kirishima glared at him and then looked over at me. "It's my favorite shirt. Everyone knows that I'm manly when I wear it," he says happily. I always laugh at him when he acts like that. He seems a lot better now that I tell him about everything. Well, I don't tell him about me and Shoto making love or whatever, but tell him about our relationship. He still won't tell me who he likes, but it's a girl and I'm thinking it might be Mina or something.

I also told him about having to take the pills for my anxiety. He said that it wasn't a big deal. He told me that in middle school he had to take some, but stopped taking them when he was feeling better before high school. I had no idea and I told him that I was sorry he felt like he couldn't tell me those things before. He told me that I shouldn't worry about the past anymore.

Kirishima ends up in 5th place and then laughs evilly. I'm in first and I keep rubbing it in his face. Then out of nowhere, that blue shell hits me. I look over at Kirishima who's still laughing evilly. "You did that! Ugh I'm still a lead of you though," I tell him. He shrugs. "As long as you don't get first, I'll be fine! If I can't have first, then neither can you," he yells. An arm goes around my shoulder and I jump. I turn quickly and Shoto smiles at me. I glare at him. "You scared me you jerk," I tell him. He laughs. "Whatever, are you almost done? We have to leave in 10 minutes if you wanna get there on time," he says.

I push him a bit and then say, "Yeah were almost done." He nods. "Go Kirishima, beat him!" I gasp. "Babe you're supposed to be on my side. How could you?" Shoto and Kirishima laugh. "Come on Kirishima, you're right behind him!" Kirishima uses a red shell and it hits me. I groan. "Ha! How does it feel!" We both almost reach the finish and we both scream, "Come on, GO!"

The game does that little whistle thing, signalling that we finished and Kirishima throws his hands up. "Yeah!" I glare at Kirishima. "You're gonna get your ass beat next time. I have to go, but it was fun. We'll hang tomorrow or whenever you're free," I tell him as I get up. Shoto gets up and goes to kiss my cheek. I turn my head so that he can't kiss me and he sighs. "What was that for?" I turn to look at him. "What do you mean 'what was that for'? You rooted for him after you scared me," I tell him. He laugh and grabs my arm as I try to walk away dramatically.

"Aw come on Kat. I was just messing with you," he says while still laughing. We get outside and continue walking. "Whatever. You have to make me a cake when we get back," I say. He laughs and pushes my shoulder slightly. "Fine. Now kiss me," he says. I turn around and his lips meet mine instantly. I smile into the kiss and we pull away. "Are you nervous?" He nods rapidly. "Yeah, very." I laugh and nod. "Yeah, me too. It'll be fun though," I say. He laughs and puts his hand around my waist. As we keep walking we talk about stuff we want to do in the future. "I feel like actually have a real future now that I have you," I tell him.

He smiles at me. "I'm serious. I didn't think I was going to be able to do anything after I graduated. Sometimes I thought that I wouldn't even make it to graduation. Now, I feel like I'll be the most important person in this city. Maybe even the country," I tell him. His grip on my waist tightens. It makes me feel safe somehow. "I'm glad I was able to impact your like in a positive way. When I started hanging out with you, I didn't know how I would be able to help. I had no idea what you had felt. I'd never felt what you had," he tells me. I press myself closer to him. Well as much as I can without making us trip over each other.

"I'm glad you decided to help me. You made my life better. I'm safe now because of you. I feel safe now. Thank you Shoto," I say. He sighs happily. "Thank you, Katsuki," he tells me.

After a while, we make it to the house. We walk up to the door and I knock. Shinso opens it and let's us in. "Hey Bakugo. Hey Todoroki," he says. "Hey Shinso," I say. "Hi," Shoto says. "I'm waiting at the table, come sit down already. The food is almost done," Shinso tells us. We nod and follow him. Mic comes out of the kitchen and says hi. "Hey guys, sit down. The food is done, we're just about to bring it out," he says. We sit down as told and then he goes back into the kitchen. Then he comes back out with a potential of food. Mr. Aizawa is next to him with another pot of food. "Hi guys. I'll be back with the cups and lemonade," he says and leaves after putting down the food.

He comes back with the cups and pitcher of lemonade. Mic leaves too and comes back with plates. He serves us food on the plates and hands us a plate one by one. Aizawa does the same with the drinks. I look at Shoto and he hands me the bottle of pills from under the table. "I'm going to the restroom, be right back," I say as I leave. Aizawa looks at me knowingly and nods. I turn the corner to the restroom and walk in, closing the door behind. I lock it and open the bottle. I take one out and close the bottle before turning on the faucet. I put the pill in my mouth before taking a drink of the water. I wipe my mouth before putting the bottle in my pocket and walking out, turning off the light and closing the door behind me.

I go back to the table and Shinso and Shoto are talking. "But that doesn't make sense because he's fast. He can't slow down time," Shinso says. I look at them confusingly and Aizawa shrugs. "We're talking about Quicksilver from X-Men," Shoto says. I nod. "Okay but why?" He looks at me seriously and says, "In the part where he saves everyone in the building from the explosion, he throws people outside. If he was just fast, they'd all fall at different times. Right? They didn't, they all fell at the same time. So, he can manipulate time, right? Maybe he's also fast, I don't know, but I think he can also manipulate time."

I look at him. "What the hell happened when I went to the restroom? I was gone for about 5 minutes. What the hell?" Mic laughs as Mr. Aizawa sighs. "You guys are still talking about nonsense. When do you guys actually talk about serious stuff?" Shinso laughs. "I don't know. Maybe you're right Todoroki," Shinso says.

Mic sighs heavily. "Let's eat now. The food will get cold," he says. We all nod and wait for Shoto. He looks at us and gets the memo. He takes a bite and his eyes widen. As he chews, he nods in approval. "It tastes really good," he says right before he shoves another forkful of breaded shrimp and pasta into his mouth. Mic smiles happily and then we all dig in. Aizawa and Mic are always taking turns when it comes to cooking. I look at Mr. Aizawa and I see that he's looking at Shoto. I look over at Shoto who's looking at me happily. He smiles and I smile back widely. Then I look back at Mr. Aizawa who's talking to Shinso about training.

"Hey Todoroki," Mic says. Shoto looks up. "Yes?" "If you hurt him, I'll make sure you suffer for the rest of your high school years. Okay?" His voice is so calm, it's scary. Shoto's eyes widen in fear and he nods rapidly. "O-okay. No problem. I plan on making sure he's safe for the rest of his life," he says. Mr. Aizawa looks up at him and activates his quirk. "I'll make your entire life a living hell if you hurt him. Got that?" His eyes are red and his hair is up. It scares me too. "Y-yes sir. I got it," he says. Then Aizawa nods and deactivates his own quirk. "How's the lemonade?" Shoto takes a sip of it and nods. "It's delicious," he says nervously. I laugh.

"Calm down you guys. Don't scare him. He's not like that, just so you know," I tell them. Shinso glares and Shoto. "I won't hesitate to take over your mind if you do anything to hurt him," he says. "Woah, okay. You've done enough to intimidate him," I say. "Thank you guys for caring. I really appreciate it because I've never had anyone do that for me, but Shoto would do the same if any of you hurt me," I tell them. Shoto nods. "Yeah. I mean, I don't want to sound rude, but if it comes down to it, I'll do anything to keep him safe," Shoto says. They all nod approvingly. "Okay, good. I know we haven't been a real family until recently, but we love Katsuki," Mr. Aizawa says.

They love me. Wow. I almost cry at his words. "Really?" Mic, Aizawa, and Shinso nod. "Yes really. Also, is it alright that I called you Katsuki?" I nod as I try to fight back the tears. "Yeah, you guys can call me Katsuki. I kind of prefer that," I say. My last name isn't one that I'd want to keep if I'm being honest. I'll probably ask Aizawa to let me change it to something else. Maybe his name or someone maybe Mic's last name. "Yeah. I would prefer it if you guys called me Hitoshi if I'm being honest," Shinso says. We all nod. "Okay, now back to the food. Everything got emotional way too fast," I say.

We all go back to eating and Shoto taps my foot. I look at him and he's already facing me. He blinks. It's a blink that makes you feel all warm inside. I blink back and we smile. I'd never been able to do that with anyone and now I have him to do it with.

After a while, we finish and Hitoshi brings out the Apple Pie he made. It smells great and it's warm. Mr. Aizawa brings out the vanilla ice cream and my mouth waters even though I just ate. This is stuff that I'd only ever dreamed about having with a family. You know, those dinners with laughing people and delicious food. Passing around the sides and when everyone is done, they bring out the nice, warm apple pie with ice cream. It even feels like a dream and I couldn't ask for a better family. Hitoshi serves a slice and Aizawa puts the ice cream on the plate next to it. He hands it back to Hitoshi to hand to someone else.

He hands it over to me and I take it hesitantly. I feel bad for getting the first slice. "Shouldn't you get it, you made it after all. Also, I've never had anything like this. I mean, I don't know," I trail off. He shakes his head. "No, I want you to have it, Katsuki. It would be great if you actually like it since this is your first time trying this," Hitoshi says. I smile and take a fork. I cut the pie and take some ice cream with it. I take a bite and it's more amazing than I thought it would be. "Wow. This is so great I don't even know what to say. I've had apple pie, but just that small apple pie pockets that they sell at the store. And they aren't warm either. Jeez, and with the ice cream, wow," I say.

It's so good. I feel like I could eat this forever. I'd never get tired of it. Shoto got the second plate. He tried it and gave Hitoshi a thumbs up. "I approve. It's better than my sister's and hers was my favorite. Don't tell her I said that though," he says, half laughing. Hitoshi smiles and nods before saying, "Okay, I won't." Everyone has a plate and the ice cream is back in the freezer. We talk about how class is going. Today we did some training and it was pretty fun. We did an obstacle course type thing and I had a good time. I tell them that I've been getting better and that Shoto's family liked me. I looked at Shoto after I said that just in case I was wrong. He nodded and I smiled.

"So Katsuki, are you going to go back to the dorms or stay here?" I look at Mr. Aizawa and say, "Um, at the dorms. I left my charger and other stuff over there." He nods. "Okay, Hitoshi wanted to go back too, so I'll just drive you three there, unless Todoroki isnt going back to the dorms. I could drive him home," he says. Shoto shakes his head. "No I was going to the dorms." Aizawa nods and we all start cleaning up. Mic calls me to the living room quickly. I go to him and Shoto and Hitoshi go to the kitchen with Aizawa.

"Yeah?" He puts his hand on my shoulder we he looks at me. "I'm very proud of you. Is it okay if me and Shota call you our son?" I'm completely shocked. "You want to call me your son? Really?" I can't believe he want to call me that. "Yes. We'd be so greatful if you'd let us call you that. Yeah Katsuki?" I nod. "Yeah, I'd love it if you called me your son," I say, trying not to cry. He hugs me tightly and I highly him back. "I'm so glad we got to make you our son," he says. A few tears fall from my eyes and I sniffle a bit. He pulls away and looks at me. "Did I say something wrong? I'm sorry if I did," he apologizes. I shake my head quickly and wipe the tears away from my eyes.

"No, you didn't say anything wrong. I'm just so happy because I never thought I'd have something like this. I'm glad I got to be your son," I tell him. He smiles widely. "Okay, so like what do I call you? I know your name isn't 'Mic' so I don't know what to call you. By your first name? By your last name? Dad? I don't know, is that last one a bit much?" "No it isn't too much. You can call me Hizashi, dad, Yamada, or even Mic if you want. But I wouldn't hate it if you called me Dad, just saying," he says as he goes to help the others. I take a deep breath because of all the excitement that just flowed through me and wipe the tears in my eyes quickly.

I'm wiping down the table when Mr. Aizawa comes out of the kitchen. "Hey Katsuki," he says. I check to see who it is and I see that no one else is in the room. "Hi, are the others in the kitchen?" He nods. "I know that Hizashi talked to you earlier. The same goes for me you know? I've been looking after you and the rest of the class and I'm glad it was you that I got to make my son. You were always kind of different from the rest. You were stronger and I had no idea why I thought that. I'm sorry I didn't notice anything was wrong with your life before, but I'm going to make it up to you. I'm proud of you too," he tells me.

I hug him first and he lets out a small 'oompf' from the quick hug. He hugs me back and I feel warm. Like when it's cold outside and you get under the covers and the warmth engulfs your body. "Thank you uhh... dad?" He pulls away and looks at me like he's about to cry a freaking river. "You called me dad! Ahh this is so great! Hizashi! Did you hear? He just called me dad," he tells from the dining room to the kitchen which isn't that far. Mic runs out and looks at me. "You traitor! Why didn't you call me dad first!?" I look at him nervously. "I-uh sorry? Dad?" His eyes widen like a kid at a carnival.

"HA! I'M DAD TOO," he yells at Aizawa. Me and Shoto bit back a laugh. "Yeah well he called me dad first," he argues. "Well it's because of me that he was even comfortable enough to say it," Mic bites back. "You're just jealous," Aizawa says like a little kid. Mic crosses his hands over his chest. Hitoshi laughs and we all turn to look at him. He's recording and as soon as he realizes that we're all looking at him, he covers his mouth and puts the phone down.

"You have to send that to me," Shoto says. I glare at him. "What? It was cute. You were all nervous and worried that Mic felt bad because you called Mr. Aizawa dad first," he tells me. I just shrug. I don't know what to say to that. "Thanks?" I accept his compliment about me being cute. Mr. Aizawa grabs the car keys. "Okay you guys don't have to help with the rest. I'm way too happy right now because Katsuki called me dad first," he tells us. Hitoshi fist bumps the air. "Heck yeah, let's go now," he says excitedly. "Why are you so excited to get to the dorms?"

Hitoshi looks at Shoto and smiles. "Denki and I are gonna have a movie marathon. He's setting stuff up right now and I already sent him the video. Soon, everyone in the school will see how adorable Katsuki is," he tells Shoto. I look at him and shake my head. Then I dramatically say, "I thought I could trust you." I hold my hand to my chest, over my heart as I say that. He laughs and pushes my shoulder slightly. "Oh stop," he says.

We all walk outside and get into the car. Mic stays inside and we drive off. Hitoshi plays his music since the car has Bluetooth. I really like his music. Waterparks song 'No Capes' plays. I really like that song a lot. I got Shoto listening to most of my bands because I'm always jumping around and singing to them in his room. After a while, he learned the songs and started jumping around with me.

Soon, we're at the dorms. The three of us get down and say bye to Aizawa. We thank him and walk towards our dorm. Hitoshi walks with us because he was going to hang out with Kaminari. I'm so glad Kaminari ended up with him and I cannot stress that enough.

Me and Shoto walk to his room and Hitoshi walks to the kitchen where Kaminari is. Hitoshi hugs Kaminari from behind and Kaminari laughs as he curses and Hitoshi fro scaring him. The elevator doors close and I sigh happily. "Today was so fun and it went way better than it thought it would. Did you have fun?" I look at Shoto and wait for his response. He looks back at me and when the elevator doors open, we walk out. "I did. It was so good to see you get along with everyone like that. Hitoshi was a fun person to talk to," he says. "I'm glad Aizawa and Mic made you feel welcome," I tell him.

We walk into his room and I fall on the bed. "Lets go to sleep," I say. He laughs and falls on the bed next to me. "Yeah, but first we have to change," he says as he slowly gets up. I groan and get up too. He hands me a hoodie and joggers. He grabs some for himself and we change. We finish changing and I sit down on the bed as he goes to turn off the lights. He comes and sits down next to me. I can still see his face from the light coming from outside.

"Katsuki. I'm making you a promise right now. I'm going to change your last name. Okay?" I blush severely and gasp. "Jeez Sho, we're still in high school, hold your horses," I say. He laughs a bit and holds my hand. "I'm serious though. I know we're going to end up being together forever. I'll never grow tired of you and you'll like your last name once you're married to me," he says seriously. I smile at him and give him a long, loving kiss. "Thank you Shoto, I love you," I tell him. He sighs happily and lays down on the bed, pulling me towards him. "I love you too, Kat," he replies. I'm on his chest, slowly drifting off into sleep, listening to his heartbeat.

I'm getting a lot better mentally thanks to Shoto. He's going to marry me and change my last name!! It's not anytime soon, but I know it will happen. I've never felt so at peace and in a great state of mind. Shoto is in love with me and I'm actually happy with the way things are going right now. How was I able to get this lucky. Why me?

***
Word Count: 4170
Ahh this was the last chapter. Was the ending too cheesy? I know I ended it with the name of the fanfic, but I was thinking about ending it like that and my friend bluez_x told me it was a good idea. Also go check out her fanfic. It's called Sleepless Nights. It's a Kiribaku. Okay so thank you guys for reading this fanfic. It's so sad because it came to an end. I don't even know if this ending was good enough. Was it?? Idk I'm kinda nervous about it. Anyways, I love all of you. You guys voted, commented, and actually read this thing. It amazes me that people even liked it. Ahh. Just thank you all. My new fanfic will also be a Todobaku. The first chapter will come out on February 14 which is a Friday. I haven't come up with a name yet, but I'll post the name when I think of a good one. Thank you guys again and I'll fix all the typos in all the chapters before I start the new fanfic<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 731 21
In a world where Izuku gets abused and Bakugo is filled with self doubt the two find out each others secrets and find themselves closer then ever; bu...
178K 6.7K 43
𝙮𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙗𝙖𝙠𝙪𝙜𝙤 𝙭 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙢𝙤𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙣 𝙖𝙪 Katsuki Bakugo can't stand you. You're too annoying, too pretty, too likeable, too pop...
14.1K 782 23
Todoroki is reticent and withdrawn, but one day, he begins to smile quite frequently. This piques Kaminari's curiosity, so he decides to acquaint him...
25.6K 1.7K 39
All it took was one mission. One mission to ruin Bakugo's career. His confidence. His will to keep going. Unable to cope, he leaves everything he k...