Blessed- Ash and Misty

By gymnastgirlflips

18 year old Ash Ketchum is in Kalos, deep thinking on a peaceful night at the beach in Ambrette Town. Alone. ... More

Blessed

1.9K 75 145
By gymnastgirlflips

Ash stood waist high in ocean water, facing the horizon as he studied the heavens above him in all their glory. Normally, his mind would be pondering if there were just as many Pokemon on the planet to catch as there were stars in the sky, but tonight was different. Tonight, his mind was solemn and resided in a peacefulness that he'd never really experienced before. All felt right with the world and he was not nervous, or scared, or at all hesitant as he stood, waves pushing against him, facing the unknown of the sea and the sky above.  

It was odd, he thought, feeling this way. Like everything in his life had led to this moment. He felt so much different than the child he used to be, the ten year old receiving his first Pokemon as he was forced to drag his stubborn Pikachu along the road, gripping the rope with the rubber gloves his mom had packed him to help wash his extra underwear. 

Ash was able to take care of himself now. He'd journeyed not only through Kanto, but then through the Orange Islands, to Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and now Kalos. Ash was eighteen and he knew he was different now. He had the same heart, the same drive to become a Pokemon Master, but he was much different than the Trainer who ran to Professor Oak's in his pajamas on that day that changed his life. 

Kalos was a beautiful place, Ash thought. A region so full of culture that you could feel it within you. Really, for the first time Ash was beginning to enjoy not only the Pokemon and the people he met where he traveled, but the places themselves. He had always enjoyed the people, but really, he knew he'd taken them for granted. He'd always taken her for granted and, with every new region he went to, the guiltier he felt for ever leaving her. 

Suddenly, Ash became extremely lonely as he stood, feeling the water attempt to push and pull him gently, swaying him in all different directions.  

No one can ever be her. Ash thought fiercely, his hands forming fists as he tried to control himself. She wasn't here, no matter how much he had decided to fool himself. Really, why had he decided to get in the water anyway? 

Of course it was because of her. It was because water symbolized her, what she was most passionate about, was what led her to dream what she did. Ash had thought, maybe, if he came out here and stood in the water by himself and stared at the sky, it would be like being with her right now, of somehow mentally portraying over the hundreds of miles that separated them that he was thinking about her and that he could never, once, in the past six years stop missing her. 

"Misty." Ash said her name aloud, wishing he could say it without attaching the raw longing he felt every time he thought of her. 

Ash heard a gentle movement of water behind him and paused in his thoughts, guessing it was a Pokemon coming to inspect him. He wasn't afraid of any wild Pokemon he'd find here and, really, right now he wasn't in the mood to make any new friends. Still, Ash turned around to see what had made the noise and was met with the most unexpected sight he could have dreamed of. 

Misty was standing in the water, her red hair down and flowing in the soft night breeze. She was wearing a bikini, her mouth open partially, hugging her body as if for protection as her blue eyes stared at the eighteen year old Trainer in front of her, seeming unable to move. 

The two stood staring at each other for a long time, unspoken messages being interchanged by their eyes. 

"How did you get here?" Ash asked quietly, taking a small step towards Misty, stopping suddenly. He felt as if he moved any closer, the spell that had brought them together would break and she'd be gone forever. 

"Not by blimp." Misty smiled wryly, sounding small instead of powerful and assertive. 

Ash wasn't used to it, "Why?" 

Misty took a deep breath, "I missed you." 

"I missed you too." Ash said, feeling like his voice might crack. Without giving himself a chance to wonder if it was a stupid idea, he closed the distance between himself and his first ever traveling companion, hugging her tightly to his body. Misty slackened, uncertain, before resting her head against his bare chest, breathing in the scent of the Pokemon Trainer she'd been missing for such a long time. He was warm, just as she remembered, and being wrapped in his arms felt like home. Just a split second of being here, safe and secure with him, felt more peaceful than all the years of being home in Cerulean combined. 

Ash began to pull away, but Misty wrapped her arms around his back tightly, "No."  

He hugged her tightly, feeling the waves swirl around them, the wind blow against them, the softness of her skin and the silkiness of her hair. Her body curved perfectly against his and everything felt right with the world for the first time since he could remember.  

Ash rocked her back and forth and there was no reason for words between them. Why would they speak when they knew each other so well? It didn't matter that they only saw each other once, maybe twice, a year. Through the years, they'd developed a bond that distance, time, and circumstances could not break. Through letters and late night phone calls, they had kept in touch. Through visits, they would rekindle the unspoken attraction towards each other, making it grow with each passing year. Love was not something that could only be communicated in words. Love, their love, was bigger than that, bigger than words could describe, stronger than anything but six years spent apart could really show. 

Ash squeezed Misty to him tighter, burying his face in her hair. 

Misty felt like crying. She hadn't been able to take being away from Ash anymore. She'd boarded a plane without telling anyone where she was going, abandoning the gym and only being thoughtful enough to hastily write a note saying she didn't know when she'd be back. She'd flown straight to Kalos, knowing Ash was in Ambrette Town, and went to the Pokemon Center, finding Nurse Joy who had introduced her to Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena. She hadn't even cared about seeing a new girl Ash had traveled with in person. Yes, she was jealous beyond belief, especially knowing how Serena had met Ash before she herself had, but her desire to see Ash was stronger than any other feelings she could have, so she stayed only long enough to discover Ash had gone to the beach. 

Misty had changed into her bathing suit, which was of course one thing Water Pokemon Trainers always packed, and had gone straight down to the beach, finding the beach empty except for Ash Ketchum standing thirty feet away from shore, facing the full moon. 

All those memories with Ash had brought her to this moment. The moment she had fished him out of that river as she tried to catch Water Pokemon, finding a pathetically whiny boy and a hurt Pikachu instead. The moment she first held his hand in a foggy forest. All the moments she'd thought he'd died, or would die. The amount of change they'd gone through during the Orange Islands. The blushes, the fights, the emotions behind it all.  

The time she thought she'd never see him again. 

But here he was, holding her, his grip gentle, yet strong at the same time. She knew he wouldn't ever hurt her and that it was here, with him, that she really belonged.  

The ocean lit up with hundreds of bright lights, pulsating slowly. Ash and Misty broke apart enough to look at the water. It was like dozens of light bulbs floating underneath the surface, slowly lighting up and dimming in a mysterious dance. 

"Staryu." Misty said in explanation, looking at Ash's furrowed brow. She smiled at his confusion. She'd never admitted it to anyone, but she usually enjoyed the look on his face when he had no idea what he was seeing or hearing. She'd been irritated by that face at first, but she realized that when Ash learned something new, his face lit up. His face would light up and that was an even more amazing sight than the Staryu to her. 

Indeed, Ash's face did light up as he realized that hundreds of Staryu were swimming, floating lazily in the ocean's currents just underneath them, sending up the glowing illumination. He looked youngest during these moments and that was one of the things Misty adored most about him. 

Ash pulled away enough to lift a hand up, letting his fingers gently tilt Misty's chin up so he could study her face. He'd always loved her face. She always had so many emotions to display. He was used to seeing her eyes grow fierce as she fought with him, angry red blotches erupting on her cheeks, eyebrows pulled down in irritation. Still, there had been those moments that were very far in between all the arguments; Moments where she would lower her defenses and show that she was fragile, that she loved both Pokemon and humans with a sweet tenderness that Ash hadn't noticed about her at first. She was both soft and strong. 

Misty stayed still, staring up at the Trainer with black eyes and messy black hair. Really, he looked the same as he always had. His eyes and face still looked full of energy and a spirit that couldn't be tamed. Yet there was something there that had been developing the past few years that only now she could put her finger on- maturity. Ash was more mature than he had ever been. This shocked Misty, and she was surprised to be so shocked by the news that Ash could and had matured. A flicker of a smile appeared on her lips. 

"What's so funny?" Ash smiled back. 

"Nothing." Misty said innocently. 

"Do you really want me to test that?" Ash grinned, looking mischievous. 

"I think you already proved I was wrong about what I just thought." Misty said. Maybe he wasn't so mature after all. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I-" 

Misty heard a swift kerplunk! nearby and looked around, wondering what Pokemon had just dived under. The Trainers stood still, eyes scanning the water. 

A small Pokemon surfaced right next to them. It was pink and heart-shaped, black eyes glittering at the two. 

Ash stared in awe at the Pokemon, remembering a letter Misty had written him so long ago, "Ash, I just got a new Pokemon. It's a Luvdisc. I'm sure you've heard of them since you've been to Hoenn. People say that any couple that meets a Luvdisc is blessed with eternal love. I'm sure you think that's all made up, but don't you think it'd be nice to believe in stuff like that every once in a while? Life seems more hopeful that way.

He remembered the words perfectly. He'd read that letter over so many times, just as he had to all her letters. 

Really, there was no reason for a Luvdisc to be here right now. As far as Ash knew, they were only common in Hoenn. Staryu were more common around the world, especially in groups, but a lone Luvdisc showing up in Kalos? It seemed impossible. And yet here it was. 

Ash grabbed onto Misty's hand, noting how smooth her skin was before facing the Luvdisc, "Did you come here to see us?" 

The Luvdisc nodded. Misty squeezed Ash's hand. The Staryu continued to gleam underneath the water. 

Ash looked expectantly at Misty before placing their joined hands onto Luvdisc's head, being careful not to apply too much pressure. 

Suddenly, the Luvdisc sank underwater. After a few seconds, the Trainers heard singing coming from the depths. The Luvdisc appeared again, circling them this time, chanting a shrill, yet peaceful melody, jumping into the air and diving as it circled them again and again. 

Misty and Ash clung to each other as they watched in awe as a purple aura began radiating from the Luvdisc, which then formed into a fiery ring, interlacing with the circle that Luvdisc continued swimming. The wispy aura rose, twinkling in the moonlight. The Trainers could feel its energy as the warmth seeped into them. 

The Luvdisc's notes continued as the aura went higher and higher into the sky, growing brighter and brighter until, suddenly, it stopped a foot above their heads. The Luvdisc sang one last, exciting note before jumping into the air and diving, the aura bursting into a firework and descending down in spirals around the couple. They clung tightly to each other, closing their eyes as the light burned their retinas. 

Their eyes adjusted to the lack of brilliant light floating above them as they focused on each other. They'd just been blessed by a Luvdisc.  

Ash brushed Misty's hair away from her face as he stared down at the girl who felt like his whole world. She looked up at him like he was absolutely everything, absolutely worth the long years of heartache and longing. Ash leaned down and kissed her, kissed her with his whole being, letting his toes curl up against the sandy ocean bottom, let his hands grip her tightly to him, let their noses rub against each other and their lips meld. Misty shivered in delight from it all. 

They broke away minutes later, their breathing quick as they looked at each other with a new sense of love. Ash's arms enveloped Misty again in a hug, where he rocked her back and forth in the waves as they watched the Staryu float lazily along, illuminating the far out waters so that even the deepest parts were clear. 

A Luvdisc jumped in the distance, its heart shaped body highlighted brilliantly by the moon. 

Hey Pokeshippers!

So apparently I missed Pokeshipping Day. By a lot. It's so sad... plus I already had this written for months now. Oh well, Ash and Misty know I love them.

I hope you enjoyed this story. It's pretty odd writing a more serious Pokeshipping story instead of one that's funny, but it was really fun all the same. They'll always be together, no matter what. 

This story is dedicated to abbert21 for giving me the Luvdisc inspiration, which caused me to write this story. Also, thanks to ninjadragons for telling me I was spelling Luvdisc wrong. Pokemon- teaching kids how to spell things wrong since 1996. 

Pokemon Question of the Day: If you could pick how Ash and Misty ended up confessing to each other, how would they? Oh, the possibilities.

Thanks for reading! By the way, if I'm not answering comments, Wattpad is being stupid and not sending me any notifications whatsoever, which I think is the biggest pain because I love knowing what you guys have to say. If you do comment, thank you, and I"ll try to check often to get back to you. Have an amazing day!

-Flips

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

918K 21.1K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.2M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
1.9M 85.8K 193
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
748K 27.5K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...