From the Corner I See, In the...

By Upside_Down_Luck

Kadoc is just that one shy, sleep-deprived classmate who's in the corner. Anastasia is a popular Russian exch... More

CHAPTER ONE: New Year, New People
CHAPTER TWO: Doctor's Visit

PROLOGUE: Summer Break

122 3 0
By Upside_Down_Luck

So, summer wasn't his favorite time of year. Sure, there's no school, but its hot, humid, and way to sunny. What's the point of going outside if you're just going to burn? Kadoc had no clue.

Kadoc wasn't social. There's no other way to put it, but he did have a few friends. The twins, Gudako and Ritsuka, always treated him nicely, and invited him out, though he rarely ever went with them. Ophelia was kind of indifferent towards him, but when they work together on a project it's nice. Pepe was fun to be around, no matter how awkward things got, she could save the conversation with just a sentence. Hinako was quiet, she never bothered him and he never bothered her unless it was absolutely necessary. Mash was a sweet girl, doing her best to be friends with everyone. And despite how weird and aggressive Beryl could get sometimes, he treated Kadoc like a little brother, which could get a little annoying at times.

He would be stuck in school with them once summer ended. That wasn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just that Chaldea Academy could get crazy. Some of the teachers were questionable, notably Father Kotomine and Koyanskaya, while others were just eccentric, like Da Vinci. The students could get even crazier. Every year a new set of foreign exchange students come to study abroad. One year above him, in Pepe and Beryl's grade, there were two students who hated each other so much, they almost burned the science wing down. For some reason they weren't expelled.

But he didn't need to think about that. It was summer, the last week of it sure, but still summer. A ding  from his phone finally got him to open his eyes.

Chaotic Neutral Orange

hey kadoc, wanna hit the town with ritsuka and me?

Edgy Corner Man

it's "with ritsuka and I" idiot

Chaotic Neutral Orange

eh whatever

i hear we're getting a new exchange student from Russia

Edgy Corner Man

how and why do you know this?

Chaotic Neutral Orange

the dorms are getting renovated this year so the exchange students are gonna be living in other students houses

we signed up and we're living with one from Russia

Edgy Corner Man

that sounds like a bad idea on so many levels

do you even know anything about russia?

Chaotic Neutral Orange

uh

gotta go now bye!

Sighing, Kadoc got up for the day. That all sounded like something the Fujimaru's would do. He couldn't help but worry for that exchange student though. Gudako and Ritsuka together make nothing but trouble, so it was kind of hard not  to worry about the poor soul going to live with them.

After getting ready, Kadoc realized he should have taken Gudako up on her offer to hang out. He had already completed his summer homework, and his apartment got boring after a good two hours. Luckily, it seemed as though Gudako wasn't the only to have the idea to hang out today.

Pepe's signature knock (once, pause, three more times, pause, then two more times) came from the door.

"Why, hello Kadoc! I didn't think you would be up. I was honestly planning on picking your lock if you didn't answer," Pepe greeted. Kadoc noted that he might want to get another lock soon, "I was hoping you would be up for going out with me and some of the others?"

Kadoc knew he wasn't getting out of this one unless there was someone in the group he wasn't comfortable with, "Who's going?"

Pepe's hand went to her chin, like she was in thought, "It would be you, me, Ophelia, Hinako, and Beryl. So you're coming! Now come on let's go!"

Kadoc was practically dragged out of the building to Beryl's car. Ophelia was the first one to notice them approaching, "Hello Kadoc, how's your summer going?"

"Fine, nothing much has happened," he yawned, "This is actually the first time I'm going to be hanging out with friends all summer."

"What? Kadoc, I told you to take care of yourself. Socialize with people in person  once every two days at least, and make sure that you get plenty of rest. Do you see  your eyebags?" Kadoc didn't know if Beryl was teasing him or berating him, so he just shook his head. Beryl sighed.

"Can't we just go?" Hinako asked. Kadoc knew she had also been forced along, probably more so than him though. Hinako opened the car door, "I have more productive things I could be doing right now."

Pepe smiled, "Why of course we can go! Since you don't want to deal with any of us, you can get the back row all to yourself! Ophelia and Kadoc get the middle row, Beryl drives, and I get shotgun!"

No one had any complaints about where Pepe had placed them, so they all climbed into the car. They had been in the car for half an hour, chatting away and singing to the radio (surprisingly, Hinako joined in singing some songs), when he realized he didn't know where they were going. It was a little late now anyway.

By the time they parked it was almost noon, and they were now standing in front of an amusement park. Hinako's eye twitched, "You took me away from working on my job application, to come here?" 

Hinako was seething, and everyone knew that wasn't a good thing, "Um, I-I mean it could, uh, it could be fun. Y-you don't know until you t-try."

"I'm so proud of you Kadoc!" Beryl gave him a bone-crushing hug, "Attempting to tame the mighty beast, Hinako, and only stuttering a few times!"

Hinako only grew angrier when he said that, "At least he isn't an insensitive jerk who is currently cutting off someones oxygen supply!"

It was true. Kadocs face was starting to go purple, and Beryl immediately let go, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Kadoc are you okay do you need anything? Water, food, CPR?"

Kadoc shook his head, still trying to catch his breath. It appeared that somewhere along the line Ophelia and Pepe had gone to get their tickets, as they came back with them in hand.

"Do I even want to know what happened?" glancing over at Kadoc, Ophelia seemed at least a little worried about his current state.

"If I had to make a guess," Pepe had a smug look on her face, "Hinako was mad that we stopped her from doing whatever she was doing to come here. Kadoc then tried to calm her down, and because Beryl is the doting older brother figure he is, he gave Kadoc a hug. The hug was probably very tight, making it near impossible for Kadoc to breath. Hinako then pointed this out to Beryl, who let go and started asking if Kadoc was alright. Then we walked over, am I right?"

Kadoc, who had caught his breath at this point, nodded, "Spot on as always Pepe."

"Of course you get it right," rolling her eyes, Ophelia walked towards the entrance, "Now, why don't we have some fun?"

__________________________________________

Hey all!

It's Author One: Luck here, with a 'mini' Author's Note!

I only play FGO NA, and as of writing this, no Lostbelts have been released. I'm getting most of my information from the wiki, so characters are going to be out of character! If there is something that a character would do under no  circumstances in cannon, please let me know what they would do instead!

ACCORDING TO THE WIKI PEPE REFERS TO THEMSELVES USING SHE/HER PRONOUNS! If this changes, I will come back and change it.

This is a Kadoc x Anastasia story, don't like it, don't read it!

If there are any grammatical errors, please, please, please point them out to me, I want this to be as good of a reading experience and you'll get.

Also, if anyone knows how to make it so the texts that Kadoc will send are on the right side of the screen, please tell me. I can't figure it out for the life of me.

If you want to be my friend in FGO NA, my friend code is 515,011,192. My account name is Rouge. My current support set-up is:

NP3 Sherlock Holmes (Ruler)

NP1 Nero Claudius (Saber)

NP1 James Moriarty (Archer)

NP1 Artoria Pendragon (Lancer)

NP5 Medusa (Rider)

NP5 Hans Christian Andersen (Caster)

NP1 Jack the Ripper (Assassin)

NP1 Minamoto-no-Raikou (Berserker)

NP3 Mash Kyrielight (Shielder)

All credit for the idea goes to rikkafujimaru on tumblr!

Please do not copy my work.

Anyhow.

Author One: Luck signing off!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
724K 44.4K 109
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
660K 14.7K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

130K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...