Normal is a Gift

By Mark_my_words

Analie thought she was a normal teenage girl and her biggest problem was making sure to not sound like a sque... More

Normal is a Gift
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 10

27 2 0
By Mark_my_words

Dedicated to ArtemissherwooD because one, I like her stories and find it fitting when you like someone's writing and they fan you back to show some respect and support!!! SO GO AND CHECK HER OUT READERS, if you want to of course!! You may just like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pace back and forth, furious. I want to punch the crap out of something, so badly that both of the boys had to be pacing with me. Keeping eagle like eyes on me just to make sure I don't do anything stupid. My brain was going so fast I couldn't focus on anything, all that I knew is my sister is in danger and I need to help her.

I stop in my tracks and state firmly in a voice that didn't allow any if, ands, or buts.

"We are going to go save my sister."

"Analie, you know-, "Kale started.

"I don't give a flipping swordfish what the consequences of that decision are I am saving my sister!" I yelled, completely outraged at Kale.

"Ok." He said simply.

"Good because if you still argued I would just ignore you." I stated with finality in my voice.

I finished pacing and headed to the kitchen. They had an island counter with three chairs. Perfect. I plopped myself in the lone seat and directed the guy's into the ones across me. I stretched my hands out and started off, "We need a plan. I know that I can't just go in there blind. It would be the dump move, so we're going to find out what we are doing. First off, any ideas you boys have?"

"You go back and continue life as normal. When you find evidence of Darren you contact us and we will handle it." Kale suggested and Jordan nodded.

"I'm doing the handling as well. Speaking of which how did you get this information?" I asked.

"Voicemail on your phone." Kale stated simply.

"I completely forgot about my phone. I never use the thing so it's crap to me." I told them.

"Well, geez! You definitely aren't like the rest of our age group." Kale slightly laughed at this.

"You can say that I'm old fashioned." I giggled slightly but the serious manner soon reappeared.

"Alright, I'll call my mom saying I'm coming back from a friend's house, and like everyone else we'll go to school. Ignore each other." I frowned at the last part, since I already knew that was going to be nearly impossible.

"Exactly, just keep an eye on your sister. The only thing is we have never seen your sister." He faced turned thoughtful.

"Oh! Yes! That helps." I stated with obvious surprise. I took this news and dug my hand into my back pocket, firmly grasping the photo I kept tucked in there.

I unfolded the old black and white picture strip my sister and I took when we found a photo booth at a carnival. It was one of our activities we did over the summer. I have to say it was interesting getting her in and out the booth. Four out the five pictures were silly ones with us making faces at the camera. The last one was of us hugging each other and smiling broadly with happiness floating off the picture.

A smile slipped on to my face, the boys staring curiously at my face. I slipped the photo strip across the table to them. Kale first looked at them and silently laughed at our crazy expressions. He passed it to Jordan and sent me a sneaky smile. I winked at him quickly and returned my attention to Jordan.

His eyes widen and he gawks blankly. Well that's a new one. Usually their like Kale and are laughing their butts off, instead it looks like Jordan is in a trance. I glanced at Kale since he has a direct link to Jordan to find him laughing loudly and grinning like a maniac. Oh gosh, that expression doesn't help my curiosity at all. Once my glance shifted back to Jordan it all made sense. His face was covered in a bright, red blush and his eyes burned with embarrassment. This could only mean one thing:

He likes my Sister, Kathy.

My grin grew to the point where my cheeks were starting to hurt. He can totally go for my sister, besides she won't mind it. I knew her so well that I knew Jordan is her type of guy. Out of excitement, I clapped my hands like one of those freaky monkey dolls. Thankfully no one noticed me, which made me release a sign of relief.

That out of the way, I slapped the table firmly to get the boys attention since they both were too entranced in their mind conversation. Now with a stinging hand, I stare at them and state, "Let's get to work."

"Alright Ana just text us when you see any sight of Darren and will be ready to give you backup." Kale told me. I nodded my head and placed my phone safely in my back pocket where I could feel it if it buzzed on me. With my duffel bag that I packed with all my spy stuff, I placed it in the trunk of Kale's Mustang and hopped in to the passenger seat. Shortly after, I felt the thud of the trunk closing and Kale swiftly getting to the car. In the car now, he puts the keys in and peels us out of the drive way and heading down the rocky road from their estate, Victorian worthy home.

Kale silently flicked the radio on and put on some random alternative station and Ok Go was playing. I twist the knob, turning up the volume and start singing along to Shooting the Moon. I have to say I was completely rocking out, till Kale joined in. Let's just say he will never ever be a singer.

Once the first few lyrics left his mouth I started laughing so hard! At one point, I plainly couldn't even breath and with tears in my eyes. I finally looked up at Kale and found him laughing as well. That just sent me back into a hysterical laughing fit. I seriously was laughing at nothing but everything seemed so funny.

Ten minutes later we both stopped and just smirked at each other. Kale being the gentlemen broke the silence saying, "You're a beautiful singer and as you can tell my singing isn't the greatest." I scuffed loudly.

"Not the greatest? You sounded like a frog drowning!" I told him with a giggle.

"A drowning frog? I thought I sounded more like a fantastic singer?" He asked but I knew he was just playing with me.

"You can think that, just don't join a singing competition because you will fail miserably." I said with a shrug while trying to keep a straight face. The laughter wanted to escape but I didn't want another laughing fit. The end of this argument coming to a close, I find that we are parked in front of my home. A sign escapes my lips. I just don't want to go back yet, but I needed to protect my sister.

That thought firm in my mind, I open my door and trudge to the trunk. With a click of the car keys, I open the trunk and pull my duffel bag out, swiftly closing the lid. Moving straight to the front of the vehicle, I stare at Kale and do something strange. I lift my right hand, kiss the air and blow in the direction of Kale. His shocked expression pleased me in a way and I skipped up the new wood porch. I look back one more time and see Kale the same way. Winking, I grab the handle of the door and open it. Slowly stepping over the threshold I stare at the home.

Surprisingly, it didn't feel like home anymore. Instead it was more like staying at a friend's.

I pass the kitchen and head to my sister's room. I knock lightly on the door and hear a soft, 'come on in' from inside. I twist the handle and see my sister on her bed with her head back against the board.

She turned her head and gasped at me; with stretching arms I cross the room and hug her tightly. Tears stained the sleeve of my shirt; I lightly loosen my grip and sit beside her. Right at the moment I see her face and I can tell she's scared. Bags circle her eyes and she seems like she's been crying for awhile with the red rims overlapping the bags. It almost looks like she's done nothing since I left yesterday. Her shirt wrinkled and stained from crying so much. Nose running rivers of snot, and a tissue box dismantled and the tissues themselves were scattered about. My gaze settles back on my sister, and anger boils within me. That arrogant nutcase of a pig butt!

With yellow tinged vision, I ask, "Kathy, what happened?"

She sobs harder and shields her face back into my shoulder. I gently rub her back to calm her down because it would be impossible to get anything out of her right now. Slowly, her sobs turn into sniffles and she shows her face. She rubs her hands underneath her eyes to get rid of the trials left from the tears. With this done she turns her attention back to my question.

"Ana, you wouldn't believe what has happened! When you didn't come home yesterday I got worried like the loving sister that I am and demanded our parents to find out what's going. The funny thing was that they weren't shocked or surprised. They simply just brushed me off and went on their merry way! Can you believe that?" Outrage in her voice, I now felt terrible but I didn't know half the stuff I know now than before.

I swallow hard and say timidly, "Kat, you should know that I didn't come back here because you were right about Kale. I learned quite a bit about what has been happening that you need to know. I can't tell you everything for your own safety but don't get anger. I'm doing this for you, for us."

Her face showed a mix of displeasure and inquisitiveness. Seemingly mulling over being either mad or question me for answers. Her gaze brightened and she said, "Alright lil' sis what do you have?"

I guess this is my lucky day! Remember sarcasm runs miles for your personality

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...