Midnight Cherry | H.S.

נכתב על ידי fruitystyles_

!THIS BOOK IS BEING LEFT UNCOMPLETED! Please see the author's note at the end of chapter 23 for more info. M... עוד

Warning
Chapter 1 🍒
Chapter 3 🍒
Chapter 4 🍒
Chapter 5 🍒
Chapter 6 🍒
Chapter 7 🍒
Chapter 8 🍒
Chapter 9 🍒
Chapter 10 🍒
Chapter 11 🍒
Chapter 12 🍒
Chapter 13 🍒
Chapter 14 🍒
Chapter 15 🍒
Chapter 16 🍒
Chapter 17 🍒
Chapter 18 🍒
Chapter 19 🍒
Chapter 20 🍒
Author's Note
* Chapter 21 🍒 *
Chapter 22 🍒
Chapter 23 🍒

Chapter 2 🍒

5.5K 101 68
נכתב על ידי fruitystyles_

I was going to get ready at Sammy's so I say bye to my mother and Klara. I get final rules and reminders from my mother that I've heard a million times, I nod though I'm not actually listening. I finally manage to escape and make my way to Sammy's.

Sammy's mother is always nice to me, I think she hopes I'm a good influence on Sammy but honestly it works the other way - she corrupts me.

"Hiya Mel, how are you doing?" Her mother asks, Sammy rolls her eyes behind her so she doesn't see. "I'm good thanks Mrs. J". Our conversation is brief, with Sammy's mum asking me about work and stuff. Afterwards, Sammy pulls me upstairs excitedly.

"You brought it right?" She squeals with too much energy. "Yes Sammy, I'm not going to come without my costume for a costume party am I?" I shake my head smiling. "Hey you never know, it's a simple enough mistake". She makes me laugh.

It was now 5:00pm so we decided we should get ready to take Jess out. We decided we'd do our makeup how it will be for the party but we just wear a simple red top with jeans for trick or treating - our costumes will go on later.

Jess was wearing devil horns too but she had a red costume dress that was bought for her. Her face was painted completely red and she was grinning the entire time as we went from door to door. Every time the reaction was either "how cute of you two to not think you're too cool to take your little sister trick or treating" or "aren't you two a little old to be trick or treating?" Either way we just smiled and moved on.

We reach back to Sammy's at 7:30pm. The club was only a twenty minute drive away. After another short conversation with Sammy's mother, we go upstairs to get our actual costumes on.

Sammy's is a tight latex skirt that barely covers her ass, paired with a crop top of the same material. It's bright red, with black fishnets and some red stiletto heels. Her makeup is red lipstick and a deep red to black smoky eye. Her false lashes longer than the Nile and large winged eyeliner framing her eye shape perfectly. Her eyebrows were drawn highly arched and she did her contour red to make her look more like a devil. Her hair curled with the horns headband placed on top.

My outfit, chosen by Sammy, was a little more my style but still completely out of my comfort zone. It was a red body-con dress, that reached mid thigh and the same black fishnets and red stilettos as Sammy. My makeup was a red cut crease with mascara, no false lashes for me. A red lipstick which was darker than Sammy's but the same red contour. My eyeliner was a subtle wing, much smaller than Sammy's and basic filled in eyebrows. My hair curled but up in a half up half down style, with the devil horns on top.

I looked in the mirror, feeling a mix of emotions ranging from 'damn girl' to 'ew really?' I couldn't make my mind up - I felt sexy but I wasn't used to sexy.

Sammy tries to encourage me, "Babe, you look drop dead gorgeous, honestly if I was a guy I definitely would" she makes inappropriate gestures and I laugh punching her arm. "Oh shut up, let's just go"

We head downstairs, it was 8:00pm so Sammy's sister was in her room getting ready for bed and her mother was in there sorting her out. This meaning we weren't seen and could just call up a "See you later!". Luckily, Sammy's mother isn't too strict about parties and actually knows we're going to one. She just isn't aware where or the alcohol access and all the minor details... no harm done.

We were like two giggly school students as we got in the car and began to drive towards the venue. The instagram profile, which I assume is ran by the manager, messaged me to ask for someone named 'Harry' when I got to the door and just show the bouncer my camera and I'd be taken to his office. For some reason, Sammy was even more excited by this. "Do you know who Harry is? Harry Styles?" She's grinning ear to ear.

"Clearly not" I reply bluntly. "I don't know how you haven't heard of him Nie". I think sometimes she forgets I've been out on a night a maximum of three times, only managing minuscule alcohol intake each time - I mean she was there each time. I give her a raises eyebrow. "Yeah yeah I know, this isn't your thing, these aren't your people but babe it's Harry Styles. Every girl wants him, he owns the most famous club in probably the entire UK" she beams. Okay, so a hot douche with tons of money and probably an even larger ego than a spoilt diva? Great, just makes me want to take the photos and leave with the money even quicker than I already do. I don't tell this to Sammy, I don't want to spoil her fun night.

"Where's Jace?" I ask, her boyfriend always comes out on these nights. "Oh he's meeting us there." That makes more sense.

When we arrive, it's just before 8:30pm - right on time. We get to the door and the bouncer towers both me and Sammy. I awkwardly fumble out my camera and mumble, "Erm I've been told to ask for Harry?" Why am I such a state? "Sorry you're gonna have to speak up love" the bouncer's deep voice booms. "Erm I'm here for Harry?" I show him the camera and the messages, just for confirmation. He points to another man, who I assume is also security. "Follow him, your friend has to stay here" I give Sammy a begging look to try and get her to use her persuasive nature to get herself in. Sammy whispers "I'll find you later, go on, I need to wait for Jace" she smiles as she nudges me forwards. I stare at her for a second but hesitantly walk over to the other man.

He doesn't say anything, he just leads me through to an office. There's nobody in the club yet, they're still lining up outside til 9:00pm. The man opens a door and gestures for me to walk in. As I walk over, he walks ahead and leans down to a different man who's sat on a computer at a desk. He whispers something into his ear, then leaves.

His eyes look up, locking onto mine, then tracing slowly down to my feet and back up again. I've seen them before. He holds a hand out, gesturing for me to sit on the seat opposite him. "Please, sit" he smirks as I awkwardly shuffle my way to the chair. He looks back at the screen. "Erm hey" I smile, trying to be confident like when I'm working, but all of that act fails me.

"Nervous?" His eyes flick from the computer to me. "Sorry, this is my first time doing anything professional with my photography and it's not exactly my familiar setting" I use my work smile.

"Don't worry love, just relax. I was really impressed with your instagram profile" He takes his attention away from the computer now and faces me directly, turning in his chair.
"Thank you" I feel my cheeks heat up. Of course I'm blushing right now. His dark hair falls to his shoulders and his jawline looked like it would easily slice metal. He raises an eyebrow.

Fuck I think he caught me staring. Was I staring? Shit. Where have I even seen him before?

"I can only assume you want to know the pay before you take the job for definite?" He casually says as if money is a throw away subject. "Yes please" I relax a little, that was a strong part of the tension. "You have to stay for the whole party, I want photos of the whole night and you need to see me afterwards for the payment. Is £700 okay?"

My mouth drops. I was literally expecting maybe £50. I can't find the words to speak, I try but no sounds exit my mouth.

"Everything okay there?" One side of his lips turn up. He reaches across and shuts my mouth by pushing my chin up. "Don't want to catch flies" he keeps the one sided smile.

"Erm yes, sorry. £700 is fantastic" I sound like such a melt. For fucks fake Mel. I smile, this time it's genuine. We talk through a couple more details, well he does, I mainly sit there nodding, only speaking the odd word when necessary. As soon as the clock hits 9:00pm, I hear the sound of people entering and the music blasts instantly.

"Oh, you already know but why skip the formalities? I'm Harry" he stands at and holds out his hand. I stand, take his hand and shake, "Melanie, but you can call me Mel, or Nie - that's what my friend calls me. You can call me Melanie though if you want, I don't mind-" he cuts me off. Of course I nervously rambled. "It's nice to meet you Mel" he smiles and gestures towards the door, "I hope I get some worthy photos". I walk out, thanking him again for the opportunity and go off to find Sammy, who should be with Jace.

It doesn't take me long to spot her in the crowd, not many people have entered yet but she had with Jace. He was dressed up as a zombie - I think. It wasn't really clear, just some ripped up clothes, stained with fake blood and green patches painted onto his face. He was fairly tall, much taller than Sammy anyway, which made him a lot taller than my short arse.

Sammy embraces me in a tight hug, already signing along to the song and dancing. To have her energy would be crazy. I decide to hold on for a bit before I start taking photos, let the crowd build up first. "Loosen up a bit NieNie" Sammy shouts. She pulls me over to the bar. "Sammy you know me and alcohol don't mix well" I say shaking my head when she asks what drink I want. Her and Jace both get straight vodkas.

"Just one" she gives me puppy dog eyes. "And not WKD, you need try a different drink and maybe you'll find one you actual like, or at least tolerate" she laughs. "Yeah come on Mel" Jace agrees with Sammy, of course.

"Well what do you think I should get then?" It never takes long at all for Sammy to convince me. Sammy and Jace look at each other for a second, "I think maybe something like a mimosa?" Jace suggests. Sammy nods frantically, "yes yes yessss" and orders the drink.

I hesitantly take it but smile and say thank you anyway. I take a small tester sip, I squint my eyes and purse my lips for a second at the bubbly citrus taste, but then relax and realise it actually didn't taste too bad. I take a larger sip. "And the verdict is..." Sammy says, already ordering another drink. "It's actually alright" I respond. She seems really happy about it, but when doesn't she? Jace chuckles and toasts his second vodka in the air before taking a large gulp.

It seems like everyone is in now, it's packed and the music seems to have gotten even louder. I find a spot away from the dance floor, and begin to take photos. I take some from the middle of the crowd too, but I wanted to be careful with my camera so I don't stay there too long. I was actually enjoying taking the photos, the club had a really stunning aesthetic with a purple glow that illuminated the club.

There's a spiral staircase leading up to a second floor which is like a giant balcony over looking the bottom floor, I nudge Sammy and point to the staircase. She nods, understanding I want to go up and she leads me up there. Jace follows too.

"How's the... photos going?" Jace asks, he dragged out the 'the' like he was trying hard to remember why I was actually here. It's been a couple hours so they're both drunk now. I had a couple more of the drink I had earlier - was it a mimoosa? Mimasa? Something like that. I felt a little looser and light headed, but no sick feeling which was nice, and I definitely was not even close to how drunk Jace and Sammy were.

"Good, just wanted to find some more angles" I reply even though I know neither of them are really listening. They're all over each other, Sammy still happy but even more care free. Jace seems more or less the same, just not able to walk straight. They're dancing - I think. "You guys can go back to the main part you know" I offer being as they're not much help anymore anyway. Sammy giggles and they both leave, gripping on tight to the bannister of the stair case as they go down.

I shake my head and laugh, she's a wild spirit, but I love her and wouldn't have her any other way. I move around the balcony level, taking photos of the crowd, the bar - I ask the odd person that were scattered up here if I could take some photos of them, and some closeups of their drinks. I had plenty of photos of the crowd, although there were some questionable things going on. I'm starting to feel glad that Sammy picked out my outfit because anything I would've chosen would've made me stick out like a sore thumb, even more so than I already do with my camera and the fact I'm not absolutely wasted.

I'm lining up the frame, getting the crowd and the bar all in one shot, when I feel a hand rest on my shoulder. I jump, and drop my camera - luckily it's connected to a strap around my neck. I turn around, only to be met by the same green eyes from before. I have to look up because like Jace, he's much taller than me.

"I didn't mean to make you jump" Harry smirks. "Oh erm no problem, I just wasn't expecting it" I stutter out with a polite smile. I look down, fiddling with my camera.

"How's it going?" He asks, leaning back against the railing of the balcony. I look up at him again and smile, a genuine one, "It's actually going pretty well, the aesthetic of the club is perfect for photos and there's some really nice costumes tonight. Oh and some of the drinks look really fancy so I got some of those-" I'm rambling again.

For fucks sake Melanie.

He cuts me off, "you're really enthusiastic about photography huh?" He says with a smile. "What do you mean?" I ask, I take another sip from my drink that I'd put down in front of me next to the railing. "Well, you are here taking what I'm sure are some lovely photos, you've barely drunk, only danced for the half an hour that people were entering and just then talking about it your eyes lit up" the corners of his mouth flip up slightly.

"Have you been watching me?" I say shocked, and a little creeped out, I furrow my eyebrows. "Keeping an eye on you, gotta make sure my photographer is safe" he says without any hesitation, any stutter - not even a pause.

"Oh, erm thank you" I blush and look down again.  I feel my face heat up, did I really just accuse this man of watching me like a stalker? I awkwardly chew on my bottom lip, I tend to do that when I'm nervous or worried. I finish my drink, it's only my third one and even though I always assumed I couldn't handle any drink at all, it seems the problem was maybe just that specific drink from before? I'd never had anything other than WKD so maybe it just wasn't my thing, rather than alcohol as a whole.

"How about we get you another?" Harry offers, clearly amused by something. "I'm okay thanks, don't want to push it" I reply, not wanting to get cocky and make myself start feeling sick. "You'll be alright" he clicks his fingers in the direction of the bar. Almost instantly the barman looks up, when Harry points to me, he nods and I instantly see him making the drink I've been sipping all night. There was actually only an hour left of the party, so what was the harm in one more?

"Let's go and have a look at these photos then" Harry states and gestures for me to follow him. "Oh I thought there's still an hour left?" I question, he replies, "Yes but I'm sure there's plenty of photos and that way your friend won't be hanging around waiting for you afterwards". I just nod and follow slightly behind him, it's back to the same office as before.

Once we sit, I pull out the wire for my camera and plug it into his computer. As he clicks through them, he has a cheeky half sided grin. I'm hoping it means he likes them.

"These are perfect Mel" he switches his focus to me. "That's great" I smile. Someone knocks on the door. "Come in" Harry's voice is commanding. A woman walks in, with a tray full of drinks. I could see four of the mimosas I'd been drinking, I finally remembered the name. There were also four of another drink but I didn't recognise it.

Why are there so many?

The woman places the drink on the desk and waits a moment. She leaves swiftly and closes the door when Harry gives her a raised eyebrow look. "Help yourself love" he says as he takes a drink. I take one, sipping it like I've been doing all night. He drinks his first one, gulping the brown liquid practically in one. He puts the glass down and sucks in a tight breath as he grabs the next one, but only starts to sip at this one.

He sits back in his chair and looks me up and down like when I first entered before the party. "I like your costume" he says, smirking of course. "Thanks" I say looking down at my hands, fiddling with the fabric of my dress. I finish the drink.

"Go on have another, love" he says, almost finished with his second. "I think I'd better stop now, oh my gosh - I didn't even think about how I was getting back, I drove here" I panic.

Harry picks up a mimosa and places it in front of me. "Don't worry, I'll sort it out" he says in a much calmer tone than his commanding voice I'm used to. I relax, why do I even trust him? I think that's the first thing tonight that I didn't second guess. "I've had too many, I don't fancy the citrus taste anymore" I say, much more relaxed now. He smirks as he moves on to his third drink.

Why is he drinking so much is such a short time?

"I see, try this one" he offers me his cup after taking a sip. I hesitate only slightly before taking the cup off him. "What is it?" I swirl it around the cup, looking at it from underneath. He chuckles, "it's whisky love". Not something I was too familiar with, I take a small sip and when it rolls down my throat I cough at the stinging in my throat, spitting it all over the floor. He laughs as he hands me a cup of water, "are you okay?".

I feel my face heat up again, "yeah I'm- I'm okay" I say still coughing. The drink was disgusting, never having that again. I sip the water, it doesn't do much but the chill of it felt nice against the stinging.

For the next half an hour, Harry and I go through the photos - choosing the best ones. He seemed genuinely impressed and I noticed that I was smiling like a fool too, revealing my three dimples.

At 3:00am he stands up and leads me out. I had a couple more of the mimosas, just because they were sort of there. I couldn't walk straight and things were a bit blurry. Harry holds on to my side, with his other hand gripped on my elbow. He takes me outside where we find Sammy and Jace waiting, both incredibly drunk. We join into a stumbled hug, Harry went over to the man from before he took me to his office. He whispers in his ear, point to us in a mess then to my car. He nods and walks back over with Harry.

"Can I have your car keys love?" Harry says to me, I hand them over as soon as I locate them - it takes me a second. Harry hands them over the the man, with his one sided smirk he whispers in my ear, "It was a pleasure meeting you properly love, I'll be in for my usual cappuccino tomorrow". He doesn't hang around, he walks directly back into the club, waving at a couple people who clearly knew him but he didn't really seem to care.

We manage to collapse our way into the back of the car and the man doesn't say anything but gets in. Sammy stutters out her address through laughs and the man simply nods.

If my mother saw me in this state, wow I'd be done for. Luckily, we were going Sammy's and everyone in her house will be asleep so we just have to sneak in quietly. Easier said than done.

The man parks my car outside Sammy's and waits for a black Range Rover that comes and picks him up. I wave like a child but he doesn't acknowledge it at all.

Why did I even wave? I mentally face palm myself.

Me, Sammy and Jace stumble our way upstairs, all you can hear is bumps and giggles alongside a various loud "shhhhh" every time we took a step. Eventually we managed to get upstairs, we think without waking anyone. Sammy and Jace sleep in her bed, and I sleep on a sofa bed on the other end of the room.

As soon as I shut my eyes, I'm out like a light.

*A/N*
Helloooooo, so now we're starting to meet Harry so I hope that's better 😂

Sorry about any typos, if I'm honest I kinda can't be bothered to proof read right now, just kinda want to get another chapter up sooo deal with it 😎

Hope you're enjoying it, I know much isn't really happening yet but we'll get into that

Lots of love Fruities ❤️

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

308K 10.1K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
439K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
568K 34.8K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 47.9K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC