Her Guardian ✓

By IceBlueCold

"Don't touch me" He said through gritted teeth, "I don't know what I'll do if you touch me" My heart dropped... More

Prologue
Dressed In Black
Guardian
Drama Queen
Ice Cream
Dangerous
Serene
Control
Family Picture
Eavesdropping
Tangled
Ticklish
Possessive
Yours
Bad Dream
Car Crash
Paranoid
Feel
Need You
Two Steps Ahead
Scars
Death Of Me
Drive Safe
Betrayal
Curious
The Hydra
Dreaming
Happy
Promise Ring
Epilogue- Dressed In White
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter
Spin Off
Spin off 2

Dead To Me

296K 9.1K 7.1K
By IceBlueCold

Serenity

I slowly began waking up as I felt someone caressing my cheek. It was a soft and gentle touch, barely there, but the fingers were a little rough, which wasn't unpleasant.

I leaned in to the touch and hummed in content.

Wait who's touching me?

I fluttered my lashes open to find Ares dangerously close to my face, but for some reason it felt comfortable.

"Hi" I whispered feeling my face heat up from the closeness.

"Hi beautiful" He said blessing me with a smile.

He called me beautiful?

"Let's get you in bed" He said and stood up before hoisting me up and carrying me bridal style. I automatically wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I can walk" I told him.

"You don't have to tire yourself out when I'm here"

Tire myself out? While walking in a house?

Soon we were in my room and he was lowering onto my bed, but I protested when he moved away from me.

"You're warm" I said in a sleepy whiny voice holding onto his arms.

OMG girl what are you saying?!

I was so sleepy I didn't even realize what I had just said.

He simply chuckled and kneeled to my level.

"I need to let you sleep"

"Can you stay until I fall asleep again?" I asked whispering. I felt really shy and I knew I was blushing, but I wanted him to stay. He stayed still and stared at me for a moment. I wondered whether it was an inappropriate thing to ask him and regretted it, but he was giving me this strange look.

This look of adoration?

"Of course" He whispered, "How could I ever say no?"

I smiled in triumph and moved aside to make space for him. He was really big, but he could fit in the bed.

"I'm cold" I said hugging the blanket close to me.

"Come here, let me warm you up" He said opening his arms. I happily rolled into his arms with my back to his chest.

He was so warm and smelled so nice.

"Are you warm now, baby?" He asked. I hadn't missed that he had started calling me baby. I liked it, but I wondered why he would use an endearment with me.

"Yes" I whispered. I thought he had fallen asleep, but I felt him kiss the side of my head, and then the crown of my head.

"Sleep tight"

I turned my head and kissed his cheek.

"Goodnight, Ares" I said and closed my eyes ready for sleep to take me.

_______

"Im so happy, we're finally going for coffee together!" Jane clapped her hands in excitement.

"Jane, we have coffee everyday at school"

"This is different! This will be in a Cafe" She said raising her index finger.

"Can we eat?" I asked clearly only caring about food.

"There's food there"

After a few minutes walk we were standing outside a cafe. It looked cozy in there so we walked in and took our seats.

The owner was an elderly lady, but she looked really energetic and full of joy.

"Hello girls" She greeted us with a warm smile. "What would you like today?"

After taking our orders she hurried off to prepare them and serve other people. I could see there were a few other people working. They seemed really close with the lady and I wondered if they were her family too.

That would be really cute.

"I need to use the restroom" I told the girls before standing up walking to the restroom. On my way back I bumped into a person.

"I'm sorry" I said quickly feeling embarrassed. It was a lady, she had blonde hair and blue eyes and I could swear I had seen her before. She stayed still while she stared at me with wide eyes.

"Serenity?" She called out. Now I was in panic.

Why does she know my name?

"Excuse me, who are you?" I asked crossing my arms.

"You're all grown up now. Of course you don't remember me" She said giving me a sad look as she lowered her head.

"So? Who are you?"

"Are you sure you want to know?" She asked annoying me a bit. I nodded quickly and she chuckled, "You don't remember your own mother?"

My eyes widened at her words as my mouth dropped agape.

My mother?

She looked like her, but I had no mother. My mother was dead to me.

My gaze turned into a glare as I squinted my eyes and crossed my arms and shook my head.

"Excuse me miss, but I have no mother. My mother is dead" I spat and turned to leave.

"No-" I didn't let her speak as I turned and walked away from her.

Me and the girls drank our coffees, but she was right there, sitting at a table and staring at me. I was getting annoyed and I didn't feel comfortable in here anymore.

"Are you okay?" Jane asked.

"Not really, I need some air"

"We can go if you like" Tessa said holding my hand.

"No, it's okay I'll go home now. I have a really bad headache right now and I don't want to ruin the mood" I said smiling a bit.

"It's okay, we'll just come with you we can't leave you alone like this"

"No, I'll call Ares to come get me"

They agreed with that and after saying our goodbyes I stood up and walked out.

"Serenity" I heard a voice. "Can you let me explain?"

I turned around sharply and glared at her.

"No, I'm sorry but you have mistaken me for someone else. I have no mother"

"Why are you so stubborn?" She whined, "You're just like your father"

My eyes widened at this. I felt anger take over me and I couldn't hold it back now.

"Listen here, if you think you know me at all then you're surely mistaken. You don't know anything about me or my life and I'm not going to let some stranger talk shit without even knowing what they're talking about, so don't ever try to cross me and don't ever talk to me again"

"I may not know you but I know your father"

"Oh my gosh, are you deaf?! I said don't talk to me, you know nothing. Don't go around talking carelessly" I yelled and ran away.

I felt my eyes stinging with tears as I kept on running. I stopped after a while and let the tears out as I leaned on a wall. I realized I wasn't so familiar with the place so I took out my phone and called Ares.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

Hearing his calm voice instantly made me feel better and comforted me.

"Ares? Can you please come get me?" I said knowing my voice sounded weird from trying to hold the sobs in.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" His voice sounded panicked now and I could hear some shuffling.

"Just please come get me"

After I told him the address I hung up and waited there leaning against the wall.

This woman had really played with my feelings. She wasn't my mother. She couldn't be.

After a few moments I saw a car in front of me and the window opened to reveal Ares. I hurried into the car and hugged myself once I was in.

The drive was silent, he didn't say anything and was alone with my thoughts. The moment we got home though he led me to the couch and kneeled down to my level.

"Want to tell me what got my little princess sad?" He asked taking my hands in his and stroking them.

I told him everything and he stayed silent the whole time, stroking my hands in his.

"I see" He said once I was finished.

He cupped the back of my neck and his face came close to mine. I was shocked for a second thinking he was about to kiss me, but he simply gave me a hard kiss on the forehead and I felt my face growing hot.

"Aw my baby is all blushed up" He chuckled. He leaned in again and kissed my cheeks. His lips came dangerously close to mine and he kissed the side of my mouth shocking me.

What is he doing?

Deep down I was enjoying it, but I was too scared to admit it.

"I'm sorry I-I couldn't help myself" He said pulling back a bit. I instantly pouted and saw him staring at my lips.

"Don't do that" He whispered and his thumb brushed my bottom lip evening it out.

"Ares, what if she was my mother?" I asked concerned.

"Do you want to go back to her?" He asked, I could see some sadness in his tone.

"No, I don't want her back in my life at all. I have you now and I'd choose you any day" I smiled at him.

He sat next to me on the couch and embraced me pulling me to his chest.

"Can you wait till I fall asleep again, Ares?" I asked him
whispering.

"Of course princess"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.3K 3.1K 36
He growl lowly as my breath become shallow from this steamy sessions. Within a second, he digs his canines into my skin, and moans escape my mouth at...
1.5M 31.7K 24
"Please dont do this, I don't want it. Please." I plead with him but it's no use. He walks over to me and slams his hand on the wall next to my head...
146K 7.6K 26
✧✿𝐇𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫✿✧ "WHY.DID.YOU.LET.HIM.TOUCH.YOU?" He asked in a lethal tone. His veins we...
600K 9.7K 34
"Don't EVER walk away from me or else." "Or else what?" "Don't test me bitch." SMACK. I had a straight face still. "When are you gonna learn your les...