Her Guardian ✓

By IceBlueCold

"Don't touch me" He said through gritted teeth, "I don't know what I'll do if you touch me" My heart dropped... More

Prologue
Dressed In Black
Guardian
Drama Queen
Ice Cream
Dangerous
Dead To Me
Control
Family Picture
Eavesdropping
Tangled
Ticklish
Possessive
Yours
Bad Dream
Car Crash
Paranoid
Feel
Need You
Two Steps Ahead
Scars
Death Of Me
Drive Safe
Betrayal
Curious
The Hydra
Dreaming
Happy
Promise Ring
Epilogue- Dressed In White
Author's Note
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter
Spin Off
Spin off 2

Serene

314K 9.1K 9.5K
By IceBlueCold

Ares

I felt panic rise in me as I heard her say that. My hands gripped the wheel so tight that I saw my knuckles turning white.

What does she want to ask?

"What is it?" I asked not able to wait longer. I was in panic wondering if it was something good or bad.

"You're twenty two. Why are you okay with about having a responsibility like this? Guys your age don't want responsibilities"

I laughed.

I wish she knew. I wish she knew what she meant to me and how happy I was to be her guardian. Yes, it wasn't what I wanted to be for her, but it was better than nothing and a way to constantly see her.

She didn't know I adored her with every piece of me and I didn't want to scare her away. I wish she knew. I wish I could hold her, kiss her, touch her, but I would wait and wait till she was comfortable with me.

The possibility of never having her as mine was scary and I didn't want to think about it.

"Serenity" I started not knowing how to put it into words without sounding like a creep, "If it was any other girl, I wouldn't be so happy about it" I revealed.

I wanted to let her know she was special to me.

"I'm happy about being your guardian Serenity, I love it actually. You're such a beautiful, smart and precious girl" I stopped myself knowing that if I kept going I would scare her, "I have an unexplainable need to protect you from everything and make you happy. I don't know why"

She sat there gaping. I had parked the car and had my full attention on her now. She seemed shocked and I even noticed her eyes turning glossy.

"Thank you" She whispered.

"Don't thank me"

I should thank you for being with me.

I got out of the car and ran to open her door. I took her hand in mine and helped her get out but the moment she was on her feet she pressed her little body against mine and wrapped her arms around my torso.

Fuck she's so sweet. And soft. And she smells better than any perfume I've ever known.

I embraced her tightly feeling her melt into my arms.

Can we stay like this? Forever?

But unfortunately all good things come to an end and she pulled away.

"No one's ever been this nice to me, you're the sweetest person I know and I'm not used to it, I'm sorry-"

"Hey hey don't cry sweetheart" I said letting the nickname slip out of my mouth hoping she didn't really hear it. "No tears please" I told her wiping her tears off.

I absolutely hate seeing her sad.

"I'm sorry-"

"You've nothing to be sorry about, whatever you need I'm here. Anything"

But this seemed to only make her cry harder as a sob escaped her. I cursed myself and panicked.

How do I make her happy now?!

"No, no, please smile for me. Don't be sad now" I said cupping her face.

"They're happy tears silly" She said smiling through her tears.

Oh.

"How about we go get some food now huh? To cheer you up?"

She nodded and I locked the car and took her hand in mine walking next to her.

I learned some things about her that night.
Her favorite color was blue and she liked music and reading. She had two best friends, Tessa and Jane, which was something I knew for a long time now.

I couldn't take any chances with her when she befriended them so I found their records to see if they were a threat.

Not anything too weird or too detailed, just a look.

We eventually went home to my dismay, but I still loved it as long as I was with her.

"Goodnight" I said standing outside her room. To my surprise, she stood on her tip toes and kissed my cheek. Well, my jaw since she wouldn't reach my cheek.

I was taken aback and hadn't realized what had happened yet. I thought I was dreaming.

I must be dreaming right?

"Goodnight" She whispered and went into her room closing the door behind her.

I stood there for a good five minutes just touching my jaw.

She kissed me.

I felt a smile form on my lips as I headed into my room.

I wanted her next to me. I wanted to see her beautiful face and hear her breathing as she slept. I probably sounded like a creep but I wanted it. I wanted to wake up to her precious face and give it light kisses as she slept peacefully.

I hated the wall that separated our rooms. Just knowing she was just a wall away from me made me go mad. It made me want to punch the wall off.

But sleeping next to her would have to wait until she's comfortable.

_________

I was sneaking out of the house without being seen by anyone like I have been doing the last couple of days. I didn't want Leo or Nate to see me and start asking questions about Serenity. I didn't want to share her with the world yet.

I can't wait to go home to her-

"Got ya bitch"

I shook almost knocking over a bookcase and turned to look at my beloved best friend.

"You thought you could hide forever? Well not anymore" He said smirking. "And look who's here!" He said pushing someone in front of me.

That someone was Leo.

"Why am I here?" Leo questioned.

"To interrogate this fool" Nate whispered to him.

"Nate, just let it go" Leo said rolling his eyes.

"Let it go?!" Nate exclaimed obviously offended.

Why is it such a big deal?

"I was counting on you Leo. You're useless"

Leo chuckled bitterly.

"I know" He said and left the room.

"You know what?" Nate said clearly annoyed. "Forget about it" He smiled, one of the smiles I knew too well. He was annoyed because of Leo.

Leo wasn't okay these last few days and he was hiding stuff from us. Nate didn't like secrets, he was an honest person, but he always tried to lift the spirits.

Now I see maybe me and Leo have been a little ungrateful.

But Nate left the room, probably going for a drive to clear his head. He didn't like negative feelings. He hadn't had the best life, but he always managed to make a joke about it. I felt guilty that I was treating him like that.

I went into Leo's room and opened the door without knocking.

"Can you be less of an asshole?"

"What's your problem?" Leo asked.

"You're so distant. Why can't you tell us what's wrong?"

"It's none of your business. I don't get in your business so don't get in mine"

"You think you can talk like this to me?" I growled crossing my arms. "A little bit of respect won't kill you, kid"

"Yeah relax, you're only three years older"

"If it wasn't for me you'd still be in the streets. I only ask because I care, you don't want to tell me what's wrong? Don't, but at least don't be a bitch about it"

I didn't like using my authority on him, I saw him as my little brother, but he had to learn to be respectful or else he'd never make it in our world.

"Why are you so angry about it?" He asked clearly annoyed.

"I'm not angry" I said thinking about the next lines. I didn't want to hurt him and I knew this would, but he had to wake up, "I'm disappointed"

And these were my last words before I left his room, leaving him wide eyed. I didn't give him a chance to explain since I left the building in a hurry to drive home to Serenity.

I was home late today, I realized it when I stepped in and saw her asleep on the couch. She was curled up into a ball and some books and notes were scattered all around her. I went closer and kneeled down to her level.

She looked so peaceful. So serene.

The name clearly suited her. Her chocolate brown curls were framing her face and some stray locks were covering her eyes.

I gently twirled them and placed them behind her ear, careful not to wake her up. Her hair was soft and silky.

God, when will I be able to wake up to this everyday?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93K 3K 36
He growl lowly as my breath become shallow from this steamy sessions. Within a second, he digs his canines into my skin, and moans escape my mouth at...
8.6K 151 32
"Don't move" I grabbed on to the sheets as he came closer to me. He pushed me against the bed. "You're much better when you're under me" I looked up...
599K 9.7K 34
"Don't EVER walk away from me or else." "Or else what?" "Don't test me bitch." SMACK. I had a straight face still. "When are you gonna learn your les...
4M 81.6K 52
"Valerio, fuck I- I can't it's t-too much" he grabbed both her wrists locking them in place behind her back while ruthlessly pounding into her from b...