Sterling

By variestae

It was inevitable. It always has been. From the rumors at his school to his taunting parents behind closed do... More

INTRODUCTION
PROLOGUE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
BONUS SCENE

Chapter Eleven

11.5K 658 63
By variestae

The next few days at school became hell once again. The minute Taehyung walked through those doors, Bogum found him and followed him to his locker, saying so many things that not only hurt the small brunette boy, but angered him, wishing the man would just leave him alone like he did all last week, but Jungkook wasn't going to be around all the time to save the day, and he knew that.

He really liked spending time with the man, and he found his days becoming boring and he dreaded them when he wasn't at school because he was sick, or had football practice, or some kind of meet. His walks home felt longer than usual, and they were boring, and he just didn't feel like walking anymore. He enjoyed the peace and quiet to a certain extent, but when Jungkook came along, the raven-haired boy made it their walk home, not just Taehyung's walk home.

The brunette boy didn't mind walking with Jungkook, because he actually had some company, and it was the company he actually wanted and not someone who invited or forced themselves to be with him. Being around Jungkook felt natural, and it felt really nice being around him as well. He did miss the taller male, but that was something he would never admit to.

Jimin wasn't so sure about Jungkook always being around Taehyung. The two had a few conversations about the raven-haired male, saying how Jimin didn't necessarily trust the boy just yet, and that he thought Taehyung shouldn't be hanging around him anymore. The brunette boy would just roll his eyes and just go along with it, but he could never tell Jungkook to get lost and not speak to him again.

Taehyung assumed Jimin didn't like the male because he was a jock and use to be friends with Bogum, not to mention that he also stood up for him when Hoseok had went to their table after Yoongi's and Namjoon's conversation got a little heated. Taehyung didn't know Jungkook had practically stood up for Bogum at the time, but he did know Namjoon had attacked Hoseok's friends and whatnot that morning, and it didn't bother him.

He was walking through the front doors when he seen that familiar bunny boy sitting with a group of jocks at a table. They were all laughing, and they seemed like they were having a good time. Taehyung subconsciously smiled when he seen the older male's cute bunny smile as he walked passed them and down the hall. Jungkook turned his head just in time as he was in the middle of laughing at a joke Minho had told them.

Jungkook's eyes lit up as his smile seemed to widen, if it were even possible for how big he was smiling at a simple joke he heard. He grabbed Taehyung by the wrist, gently tugging the younger boy towards the table. The brunette boy stiffened at the sudden contact, almost flinching until he seen who was grabbing him, his body only relaxing slightly until it tensed back up when he was being pulled to the table.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook questioned the male, tugging his arm so he was now only centimeters away from Jungkook. The older male was looking up at him, his gaze and smile soft, turning around and leaning his back against the edge of the table as the people sat at it went a little quiet. Taehyung could feel all eyes on him and Jungkook, and it was making him uncomfortable as he tried not to squirm and get away.

Taehyung flicked his head towards the hallway his locker was down, smiling softly at the older, who now had both hands wrapped around the other's wrists, "Heading to my locker and grabbing a few things for my classes." Jungkook nodded as he readjusted himself in his seat, tugging Taehyung a little closer, so he was now practically standing between the other's legs, his fingers wrapped gently around his wrists.

"I thought you've been here?" Jungkook stated as his eyes slightly pulled together, head tilting to the side like a curious puppy, and Taehyung had to stop himself from cooing at him. He just shook his head as a response as the older male began swinging their hands from side-to-side, earning a small nod from the other. "I swore I saw you at your locker with Jimin and the other two."

"Their names are Hoseok and Yoongi, first of all," Taehyung stated matter of factly with a playful glare, causing Jungkook to chuckle lightly in response with a small nod of his head. "Second of all, no, I literally just got here not even three minutes ago," he added as Jungkook nodded again and stood up, now looking down at the younger before letting go of Taehyung's wrist and grabbing his bag-, slinging it over his shoulder.

"Then let's go."

"Let's?" Taehyung asked with furrowed eyebrows, earning a nod from Jungkook. Taehyung wasn't expecting the older male to want to go with him after being with his friends almost all morning. He thought he would rather stay with them and chat and share some more jokes than go with Taehyung to his locker and talk with him. "You're not staying here with them?"

"You ask too many questions," Jungkook teased as he tugged Taehyung by the arm and began dragging him to his locker, causing the other to giggle cutely as they turned down his hall. Taehyung looked down his arm and at the fingers that were wrapped delicately around his wrist, wondering why he wasn't flinching or freaking out by the contact, and especially since he barely knows Jungkook on a personal level.

It was weird-how this worked-how he worked. Taehyung wasn't supposed to be okay with any kind of form of physical contact. His best friends could barely touch him without him flinching or freaking out about it. His friends would freak out as well, scared they had hurt him or scared him in some way, as they would throw each other confused glances, but they never questioned Taehyung about it, to which he was grateful about.

"What classes do you have today?" Jungkook asked as they stopped right in front of the other boy's locker, earning a hum from Taehyung as he rolled his eyes up in thought. The small brunette boy looked over when he heard the doors to the hallway open with a loud slam, causing him to flinch at the sudden loud noise, trying his hardest to not allow anymore sudden flashbacks to surface and take control. Jungkook seemed to notice this, causing him to look over his shoulder, a little scared Bogum was there, and much to his relief he wasn't. Just some random kids being loud and obnoxious at seven in the morning.

"I, uh, have math, some music class, a history class, and a science class, too," Taehyung replied, tearing his gaze away from the door and kids, putting the combination into his locker before opening it and grabbing books he needed. He saw Jungkook nod from the corner of his eye when he around and was now back to facing the smaller and younger male. "What about you?"

"Gym, a business class, an art class, and a math class," he answered with an eye roll and a scowl, causing Taehyung to chuckle with a small smile on his full lips; shaking his head a little. The small brunette boy stuffed the books in his back one by one, taking occasional glances over to the side at the older male beside him, a little surprised Jungkook was the kind of guy to be taking an art and business class altogether. "At least I have gym, which should get me through the rest of the day, I guess."

"You guess?"

"Yeah, I mean, art's fine, I'm good at it, but I don't think it's someone I would want to pursue. It's definitely not something I'm passionate about like football, you know." Taehyung nodded with a smile, knowing exactly where he was coming from. He shut his locker with a light slam, zipping up just bag and looking at the older. "I'm actually looking forward to the end of the day. Won't have to go to that stupid business class."

Taehyung's eyebrows pulled together as he tilted his head to the side, "Why?" He asked, readjusting the bag over his shoulder, seeing a smirk form on the older male's lips, only adding on to his confusion. He and Jungkook hadn't made plans yesterday for them to walk home together, so it definitely couldn't be that he was looking forward to, right?

"Well, we have a football meet for our next game during our last period of the day," Jungkook began, earning a small nod from the brunette boy as a response. "I always look forward to the meets since we get to skip our last class, but that also means our game is coming up, and it's gonna be soon. The school's already selling tickets, so, I was wondering if you would like to come to the game, if that's alright with you?"

Taehyung's confused expression softened and shifted into a genuine happy one, feeling a little flustered he was even invited to something by someone other than his best friends. He was never invited to games, because he and his friends never went to them. They all thought they were stupid, and a waste of their time and money, and would rather stay home and hang out, or go out and do something that was within their interests.

And since Jungkook-the most popular jock in school-was inviting him to their next game, he didn't know how to feel. He didn't know if he should feel happy that he was thought of, or if he should be scared to even have to consider going to a place that was completely out of his element. He's never been to big places besides school, a store, or a restaurant. And going to a game-a stadium of some sort-a football field-it was all so new to him and he knew he wouldn't fit in.

"You can bring and invite anyone you want, I really don't mind," Jungkook reassured the man, seeing how he was already starting to panic because of all the people that will be there, along with the jocks and the cheerleaders. "I know it's a big place and there'll be a lot of people there, and if you don't feel comfortable going by yourself, then you can invite as many people as you want. Hell, you don't even have to come. Just thought it would be fun to hang out after school, you know."

"But, you'll be playing on the field, while I'm up on the bleachers watching you guys," Taehyung stated confusedly, not understanding how they would even have time to hang out before or after the game if the time he'll be spending is getting ready for their big game that night. Not only that, he didn't want Jungkook to be seen with him, just in case if he would get teased, or picked on, or embarrassed if they were seen together.

"I can always walk home with you, and I'll be able to chat with you before and after the game. Especially if you get there early enough, that is, and don't leave as soon as it ends, like everyone else does," the raven-haired male stated with a small smile, feeling as if he was finally getting Taehyung to come to his game. "Come on, it'll be fun, and if you end up not liking it and don't have a good time, then you don't have to come to another one if you don't want to. And, if you're worried about... you know... him, don't, because if you're with me, he won't touch or come near you, alright?"

"I'm not worried about Bogum, really, it's just that..." he trailed off, looking around the hallway and seeing some students staring, whispering, and pointing with their friends, causing Taehyung to bite the inside of his lip and look down at the ground. "It's just a lot of people there, and I don't do good in big crowds, and I don't want to end up freaking out because someone accidentally bumped into me and ruin your's and everyone else's night, you know?"

Jungkook nodded his head in understanding, smiling softly at the younger male before hesitantly reaching a hand out and softly caressing the other's cheek with the pad of his thumb. He was a little afraid to do this because the last time he tried, Taehyung ended up freaking out and having an episode, causing the small brunette boy to curl up in a ball on his feet, body trembling, arms over his head as if he were afraid Jungkook was going to hit him, mumbling strings of 'please don't hit me's' under his breath.

He was surprised when Taehyung allowed it without even flinching, causing his heart to soar, feeling like the younger was finally warming up to him after a few weeks of not and being deathly terrified of him. He smiled warmly at the male before retracting his hand and shoving it in his hoodie pocket, "Yeah, I know, and that's why I said you could invite someone you're really comfortable with to go with you. Invite Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi to go with you."

"Yeah, that'll be a problem." The raven-haired boy looked at him with knitted eyebrows and parted lips in confusion. Taehyung sighed deeply as his hand clutched there strap to his bag, eyes casting down to his feet before making their way back up and meeting the other's soft brown orbs. "It's just that, they don't go to the games-we never go to the games because we thought they just weren't our forte, you know? We thought they were kind of boring and lame, a waste of our time and money, and so, we never really seen the point in going, so we never went."

"Oh?"

"I'm just saying is, it'll be a little hard to convince them to go with me, but I can try," the younger stated, a little unsure about himself. He knew he could at least get Jimin or Hoseok to go, since those two would do anything for Taehyung, but he wasn't so sure about Yoongi. He knew the guy hated the jocks, especially Bogum of them all, so it would definitely be a challenge to get him to even consider to go with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 7.3K 46
Park Jimin was in a abusive relationship, he wanted to do anything to escape it. He was walking to college one day when his friend Min Yoongi approac...
7.2K 348 28
When his father's job causes them to move to a new town, Jungkook couldn't care less. It's not that he has no emotion or is depressed or anything, he...
117K 4.3K 62
"W-Why are you even jealous over him?...." Jimin sobbed "Because I love you, you idiot" Suga shouts at Jimin with tears threatening to leave his eye...
29.2K 2.4K 27
Au where Jimin stays in a mental treatment center but he doesnt realise he's sick. He lives in his own head and imagination. Playing with his friends...