Everything will change

By RebelWritesx

"I really don't know about this" Heather muttered as the two girls walked into the bar. "Come on it will tak... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Authors note
32
New story

23

2K 36 0
By RebelWritesx

"Where's my little princess" I shouted walking into my apartment.

"Here mummy" I heard a voice come out from the blanket fort which covered the sofa, followed by her head popping out.

"Did you have a good day with mamma?" I asked placing the bags on the counter.

"Yeah we build a fort" she grinned.

"I can see baby, it's amazing. Now the question is, is there space for mummy" I smiled as I made sure my gun was out of summers reach.

"There's always room for mummy" she beamed making my heart melt.

"Hey sweetheart" mum smiled at me. "How was work?"

"We got him" I breathed

"Got who?" She asked as she made me a coffee.

"The guy that killed Harry" I said "he tried shooting me twice so I popped 2 in his chest"

"As long as you are ok" she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"I feel great. I finally got the closure I didn't even know I needed" I said picking at the grated cheese in the fridge.

"Good to hear, now stop snacking dinner won't be long" she said swatting my hand away from the cheese bag.

"But Ma" I whined. Yes I was 31 but I never acted my age.

"Quit whining" she laughed

"Oh before I forget I brought us wine, and junk food for after dinner" I said unpacking the bags putting the wine in the fridge.

"Aren't you working tomorrow?" She asked as she stirred what ever she was cooking.

"Nah after today I've taken some personal time. I've got the whole week off" I smiled. "Hanks orders"

"I'm glad Hank is looking after you" she smiled.

"I'm gonna go get changed" I nodded before heading into my room to change into my jammies. Pulling my hair into a messy bun I slipped adams hoodie on before walking back out into the living room joining summer in her blanket fort.

She was such a mummy's girl and loved a good cuddle. I smiled as she climbed into my lap.

"What did you do with mamma today" I asked playing with her hair.

"We went and fed the ducks, went to the park and built this fort" she grinned as she played with my necklace.

"Sounds like you had a busy day" I laughed.

"Yeah I'm tired now" she whispered. "Is Adam coming over tonight?"

"No baby he isn't" I said

"Why not?" She asked.

"Because he had plans with uncle jay, uncle Kevin and uncle tonio" I smiled.

"Can he come round tomorrow?" She asked.

"I will have to ask him baby" I said kissing her head.

———

"So how's things going with you and Adam?" Mum asked as I passed her a glass of wine.

"Really good. He has been my rock recently" I smiled. "Especially during this case, he'd make sure I'd eat as I just made summer some food, made sure I slept"

"I'm glad you have found someone who treats you as well as Harry did" she smiled. "You are so like your father when you get your teeth stuck into something. It's actually scary"

"So am I" I smiled grabbing my iPad. "What do you think about getting away for a bit?"

"What like a holiday?" Mum smiled.

"Exactly like a holiday. I'm thinking Disney" I laughed as I searched for Disney breaks. At that point the door went which confused me as I wasn't expecting anyone at 8pm.

Opening the door I saw Adam stood there grinning.

"What you doing here?" I smiled leaning against the door frame.

"I was on the way home and wanted to see how you are doing" he smiled.

"You are too cute" I grinned before closing the gap and kissing him.

The kiss started to get passionate so I pulled away.

"My mams here" I whispered giggling.

"Damn it" he laughed.

"Well seen as your here you may as well come in" I smiled stepping aside to let him in.

"You just can't stay away from my daughter can you" my mum laughed as she got up to hug Adam.

"Now that I cannot deny" he laughed

Leaving them to it i went back to looking at Disney breaks.

I was so engrossed in looking at the iPad and getting excited because Disney, I didn't notice Adam sit down.

"Whatcha looking at?" He asked putting his arm round my shoulder.

"Disney holiday" I mumbled.

"You won't get much out of her whilst she's looking at holidays" I heard my mum laughed causing me to flip her off.

"Wanna come?" I asked leaning my head on his shoulder.

"What to Disney?" He asked.

"No to the moon" I said sarcastically "yes to Disney you dork"

"When you going?" He kissed my head.

"Fly tomorrow" I laughed

"Let me ring Hank" he smiled pulling his phone out "hey boss, sorry it's late but quick question, can I take the week off? I know it's short notice, yes it's to spend time with heather and summer, she is booking a trip to Disney to fly tomorrow so I need to know. Yeah we are, Thanks boss you are the best and I owe you"

"I'm guessing he said yes" I smirked.

"Yeah he said yes and also he now knows about us" he whispered.

"It was inevitable. Now let's get this booked and you need to go home and pack as the flight is at 3am" I said putting in my card details "summer is gonna be so excited"

"Yeah she is but so are you" mum laughed.

"Right I'm gonna go pack and will be back as we may as well travel to the airport together" Adam smiled tucking a piece of hair that had fallen behind my ear before giving me a quick kiss.

Once he had left me and mum headed out for a smoke.

"You've got that sparkle back in your eyes" she said nudging my shoulder.

"I feel like the old me again" I whispered staring out across the city.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 4.6K 26
❛ 𝗜 𝗗𝗜𝗗𝗡'𝗧 𝗞𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗟𝗜𝗩𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗟𝗜𝗙𝗘 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗨𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗟 𝗜 𝗠𝗘𝗧 𝗛𝗜𝗠 . . . ❜ 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛, 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗵𝗮 𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗿 ...
12K 336 21
***PLEASE NOTE: I have 8 One Chicago books! Please check them all out!*** [Kevin Atwater X OC] [OC X Kelly Severide] "It's dangerous how much those t...
26.7K 577 30
What do you do when life has kicked you down one too many times? You fight and you fight like hell. Blair had fought all her life, not having anyone...
133K 1.4K 60
This is my first fanfic, I've read quite a few and want to give it a shot. This story is untitled at the moment and will focus on Adam Ruzek and Kim...