skinny love | barry allen

By concupiscentz

(n.) when two people love each other, but are too shy to admit it, yet they show it anyway. More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67

29

4.9K 166 96
By concupiscentz

"Okay. I can't do it right now, all right?-" Barry barely took more than six steps without almost collapsing, sitting down in Wells' chair.

We were all gathered around in the cortex, trying to help Barry walk and get back on his feet during his recovery.

I was dressed in a white t shirt, one that was tucked into black jeans, wearing black combat boots and a navy blue leather jacket over top.

"Oh, yes you can, Barry-" Joe tried to assure him, holding the cane he had been using.

Barry shook his head, "No, no, no-"

Joe sighed, patting Barry's back when he had sat down, "We've been making so much progress."

"Yep, six whole steps." Barry remarked, scoffing lightly, "Someone get me a Bozo button-"

I rubbed his shoulders, "I'd give you a gold star-"

Barry placed a hand on mine, leaning back into the chair at the contact of my touch.

"Hey, give yourself some credit." Cisco patted Barry's back, "You just broke your back."

Iris nodded, "Yeah, a normal person would've been paralyzed the rest of his life."

Barry questions, "How long until I'm fully healed?"

"The initial MRI I took a week ago showed a complete dislocation at the T12-L1 interspace of the thoracolumbar junction." Caitlin said, "But this is the MRI I took this morning- it's remarkable, but you're almost completely healed."

Barry inhales, "I'm still having trouble breathing-"

"That's totally normal with a spinal injury." Caitlin assured him, "It should clear up soon."

"We're going to get you back in that suit, Barry." Joe said when Barry turned in his chair to look at his suit, "Real quick, trust me."

Barry huffed, "What are we gonna do about Zoom?"

Joe shrugs, "No sign of him since Zee nailed him with that tranq dart."

"And I haven't vibed since then." Cisco added.

Iris trailed off, "Maybe Zoom's not coming back."

"No way-" I looked back at her, "After the show he put on? I bet he's coming to gloat-"

"I agree." Harry suddenly walked in the room, "Which is why I'm gonna go do something about it."

Caitlin watched him walk to the middle of the room, "What do you mean, go do something about it?"

Harry stood in front of Barry's chair, "I need access to your breach room and your speed cannon."

"Why is that?" Barry questions.

"Because, Barry," Harry put on his backpack, looking at him, "It's time to go home."

"Go home?" I repeat, "You're leaving?"

"So, you show up on our Earth, you screw everything up, and now you want to go home?" Joe gaped are Harry, "Sounds very familiar."

"Again, that wasn't me." Harry pointed out, "I need to go take care of Zoom once and for all before anyone else gets killed."

Barry looks at him, "How do you plan on doing that?"

"I'll think of something." Harry turned to leave the room, "Ramon, if you'll escort me to the speed cannon."

"Wait, no-" I stopped him, shaking my head, pointing at him, "No, you can't go through the breach-"

"Yeah, he can." Cisco looks at me, "Jay taught us how to send people-"

"That sentence would really add to the conversation if that was what I was talking about-" I crossed my arms, looking from Cisco to Harry, "What I meant- is if you can figure out how to stop Zoom on your Earth, you can figure out how to do it here- like it or not, we need you to stay here until we defeat Zoom."

"What I need, Young, is to return home." Harry said to me, before turning and leaving the room, "And I'm going to that with or without your assistance."

"What are you doing?" Cisco immediately asked when he left the room, "If Harry wants to go- bye."

"What?" I faced them, "We need his help-"

Joe held Barry's cane, "I'm not sure another plan from Wells is what we need."

Iris sided with them, "Yeah, I mean, the last bright idea he had nearly got Barry killed."

"Well, clearly we aren't exactly cut out enough yet to defeat Zoom- I mean, he broke Barry's back- we're one man down right now." I reasoned, "Harry knows Zoom better than anyone- he created him, so I say until Barry is back on his feet again, we need to keep Wells around just in case Zoom returns."

"Zee, if he doesn't want to be here, then we're better off without him." Barry lightly shook his head at me, "Let him go."

I let out a sigh through my nose, pursing my lips, as the alarm starting blaring, our attention being caught there as Cisco ran around the console, "Oh, snap, meta-human attack-"

Cisco's face went gray as he quickly turned off the alarm, "Nope, nope, my bad, that is just an alert for me."

I tried to peak, "For what?"

"Oh, it's just a reminder." Cisco quickly swiped it away, "I have a date in an hour, so-"

Iris looked at him, "Oh, with who?"

"With the lovely Kendra Saunders, the barista at Jitters." Cisco lightly smirked, "Oh, she makes a mean latte. I think we're gonna go out for dinner and a movie, and then, I don't know, maybe some breakfast-"

"Wait, breakfast?" Barry held back a laugh, pretending to be confused, "Why breakfast?"

"Breakfast?" I played along, "I didn't realize you'd guys be together that long- why?"

Cisco looked between us, starting to stammer, "'Cause, you know, you go home- and-"

"Cisco." Joe stops it from going further, "They're messing with you, go-"

"Oh-" Cisco said, making all of us start to laugh.

-

"You should stay away from the cheese curds." I had a hand on my hip, looking at Harry seated at the island at the bar, "They're addicting."

Harry looks up, halting his writing, "I'm going to take a wild stab and guess that you're here without the consent of the rest of your fabulous team."

"Ding, ding, ding-" I sat down next to him, crossing my arms and leaning against the table, "You ready?"

Harry sighed and set down his marker, "Go ahead-"

"It's been difficult, having you here." I looked at him, "For all of us."

Harry went back to writing, "You don't have to worry about that anymore because I'm leaving."

"We can help you save your daughter." I stared at him, "I know that's why you want to go home- that's why you came here."

"Look, I made a big mistake coming here." Harry set his marker down again, his voice lowering as he looked at me, "My plan was to get the Flash's help and to use that help to stop Zoom, and my plan failed. I don't have another plan, except to go back home and face Zoom myself."

"For a very intelligent man, you're being very dense right now-" I turned to face him completely, leaning my arm against the table, "If Barry couldn't defeat him, how will you?"

Harry stares at me, "I'll figure it out."

"No, you'll get yourself killed." I stared him dead in the eye, "How does that help your daughter?"

"Look, the best way to save Jesse is for you to stay here, and work with us as a team." I reasoned, "You can't defeat him on your own- if you could've, you wouldn't have shown up here in the first place."

"No." Harry shook his head, looking back down at his map, "Now, please leave me alone, while I discover which one of these breaches is gonna get me home."

I lightly scoffed at him, staring at him for a few seconds before standing up, "You know, you're lucky Cisco and Professor Stein never figured out how to close all the breaches, 'cause then you'd be stuck here."

"Wait." Harry's voice stopped me from turning around and walking away, "We close the breaches."

I looked at him, "What?"

"All of them, except one, so Zoom only has one way to get to this world." Harry continues, then vice led something on the map and looked at me.

I peaked over his shoulder, a small smirk starting to fork on my lips, "The breach at Star Labs."

"Exactly." Harry shut the marker, starting to smirk lightly as well, "And then we set a trap."

-

"Faster, Barry! There you go." Joe started to smile, looking toward Barry as he ran on the treadmill, "Push yourself!"

But, it wasn't long until Barry flew off the treadmill and hit the ground with a groan.

"Barry!" I rushed into the room with Iris and Joe, going over to help him up, "Are you okay?-"

Barry moved away from the touch and got up and back on the treadmill, holding his back, "Oh, yeah, you know, I'm not great right now-"

Iris questions, "What happened?"

"It's nothing. I'm good, all right?" Barry shook it off, crouching, "Just forget it."

"Barry- talk to us." I tried, taking a step, messing with my hands, "Maybe we can help-"

"No, you can't help me." Barry snipped at me suddenly, shaking his head, "Not this time. I'm sorry- you just- you wouldn't understand."

I looked at Joe and Iris, giving them a look that signaled for them to leave me alone with him.

Once they did, I exhale, "Barry- talk to me."

"Zoom destroyed me." Barry huffed and sat on the treadmill, looking at me, "He showed everyone in Central City what he could do, and that I'm powerless to stop him."

"They gave me a key to this city, Zee." Barry ran his hands through his hair stressfully, "I'm supposed to be their hero. I'm supposed to be the guy that can protect them from something as evil as that, and I failed in front of all of them."

Barry stood up and grabbed his cane, "When they think of the Flash, all they see now is someone not strong enough to protect them."

I stare at him for a second, before pushing myself onto my tippy toes and hugging him tight, my voice quiet, "It's okay."

-

"I don't know what to do about Barry." Joe sighed as I walked with him through the hall, "I mean, all the test results say he's fine, but- it's like there's something holding him back. I keep trying to talk to him, but I can't get through."

"He's not doing good, Joe." I huffed quietly, then crossed my arms, "You know, if we can't get through to him, maybe we should get the person who can."

"We can talk about that when I see you at home, you're coming to dinner, right?" Joe pulled out his vibrating phone, "I gotta take this, okay?"

"Alright-" I nodded lightly, stopping in the middle of the hall with him when he answered, giving him a little smile, then turning and walking back to the cortex.

"Uh-" Cisco walked in, holding his jaw, looking between Barry and I, "Did Caitlin come through here?"

Barry shook his head, "No-"

"She just hit me in the face and ran away." Cisco looked between us, looking confused.

I looked at him, "Did you deserve it?"

"Yo!" Joe suddenly ran in, "Grodd!"

I looked back, "What?"

Joe was out of breath, "Grodd's back."

"Caitlin." Cisco quickly brought up the camera footage, where we see Caitlin leaving Star Labs, "That must be why she was acting like that- she was being mind-controlled."

My eyes went wide when I saw Grodd slowly following her, as we all ran downstairs and outside, to see no Caitlin.

-

"I'm continually amazed by the similarity between our two worlds." Harry stared at the screen, his arms crossed.

Joe looks at Harry when he says that, "You got talking gorillas on your Earth, too?"

Harry nods, "Oh, yeah-"

"Remind me never to go there." Joe mutters.

Harry exhales and questions, "Ramon, why would this Grodd abduct Dr. Snow?"

"I don't know- it doesn't make any sense." Cisco ran a hand through his hair, "She was always so nice to him."

"He mind-controlled two lab technicians to steal chemicals that enhance intelligence." Joe pointed out, "He wants her for something."

Cisco sat back in his chair, "Well, looks like he left his bachelor pad in the sewers."

"Grodd's a big-ass gorilla." Joe stated the obvious, "He can't just waltz through downtown in the middle of the day without anybody noticing."

Harry nods, "Right, and if there's been sightings, then we might be able to approximate his location."

"I can call CCPD." Joe pulled out his phone, "They can access the tip hotline, send over files of Grodd's recent attacks."

I point, "That's smart-"

Cisco stood up, "We gotta get her back."

Harry agreed, "We will."

"Barry." Joe noticed Barry's silence when Cisco and Harry left the room, "Barry!"

Barry looks up, "Yeah?"

"You can't blame yourself for this." Joe points at him, "There's nothing you could've done."

"I still don't have my speed." Barry huffed quietly, "How are we supposed to save her from Grodd?"

"Your legs might be a plus, but-" I cross my arms, staring at him, "Barry, you work as a CSI- use your brain."

"She's right- you may not have your legs just yet, but you still got that brain." Joe agreed, "Use it. Help us figure that out."

-

"Keep that chin down, slugger." Henry Allen said to Barry who was out of breath and crouching on the treadmill, as I watched them from the cortex.

"Dad-" Barry looked up and rushed over to him, engulfing him in a hug.

A small smile formed on my lips as his eyes locked with mine, knowing that I was the one who I arranged it.

I gave him a small nod, looking at Joe who was smiling like an idiot, "That was a hell of an idea you had, bringing Henry here."

"I'm a very smart person-" I pointed at him, crossing my arms, "Plus, I thought he could use that connection right now- since he needed more than one parent today."

Joe smiled and wrapped an arm around me, walking down the hall as we left them alone to talk.

-

"Grodd has to be in one of these three bell towers." Cisco points at the screen, "The only reason we couldn't find him on any cameras underneath the city before i cause he upgraded from a bachelor pad to a penthouse, like a baller."

"Okay, so we know where he is." Barry nods once, "We still don't know how to get her."

"We got a plan for you." Cisco said.

Barry's eyebrows furrow, "What's the plan?"

I looked at Cisco, my eyes slightly wide with excitement, "Can I explain it?-"

Cisco slyly smiles, then gestures toward me, taking a step back, "Take it away-"

"Alright-" I pressed my palms together excitedly, then looked between Barry and Henry, "We all know there's a connection between Harrison Wells and Grodd, right? We learned that our last encounter with Grodd, so I thought- why not use him as a distraction- so we could get Caitlin out of there in time?"

"That sounds like a lovely idea, except-" Henry trailed off, "Isn't he dead?"

"See, that was the problem, but- we don't need Harrison Wells; when we have our own Harrison Wells-" I gestured to the hall.

"We use me." Harry stepped into the light in the Reverse Flash's suit.

Barry's eyes slightly widen at the sight of the shit and immediately pushed him against the wall, Cisco shouting, "That's Harry! That's the other Wells!-"

"Barry!" I gripped his arm, "Let him go- let him go!"

Barry stepped back off him as Harry took off the mask, "I'm sorry-"

Cisco exhales, gesturing, "We found another suit in the Time Vault."

Henry took a few steps, "I thought he was dead."

"Oh, he's dead-" I assured him, "This is- this is, uhm- Harrison Wells from Earth-2. We call him Harry-"

"Earth-2?" Henry repeats.

Barry exhaled, "I'll explain later-"

"If we can get Harry to convince Grodd that he's Wells, that he's his father, maybe we can convince him to let Caitlin go." Cisco explained.

"I'm not gonna be able to help if anything goes wrong." Barry reminded us.

Harry nodded once, "That's a chance I'm willing to take."

-

"Looks like we're 0 for 2 on the bell towers, huh?" Cisco said as Harry, he and I walked down the street and back to the Star Labs van.

"I like to think of it more as, now we know exactly where they are." Harry fixed his gloves.

"Okay, let's do this again." I stopped and looked at Harry, "Gimme your best Wells."

"I'm not doing the Wells again, Young-" Harry shook his head, "I told you-"

Cisco stood next to me, "Look. I just made these anti-mind-control ear buds. They could fail, and if they do, you're toast-"

I shrug, "What I'm hearing is- you're gonna need to nail it if you want to live."

Harry huffs, "Young-"

"Zee." Cisco corrected him.

"Zee." Harry fixed his mistake and took another try at it, "In many ways, you've shown me what it's like to have a daughter."

I stare at him, then shake my head, "Yeah, that did not get me feeling- really weird and creeped out whatsoever."

"Okay, let's just try it again." Cisco instructed, "This time, up the creep factor, like, a lot more, and make it a little more sincere. Like you really love her, but you're had to almost kill her anyway."

"Zee." Harry tried again, this time his voice low and raspy, "In many ways, you've shown me what it's like to have a daughter."

I stared at him, swallowing hard.

I blinked, "Nailed it-"

"Yo-" Cisco answered the phone as we piled into the van, "Yeah, we're moving on to the third location-"

-

"Hey, buddy." Harry's voice filled the comms linked with the earbuds Cisco made as he and I sat in the van, listening in, "Easy, buddy. It's me. I'm back."

Grodd's voice came after, "Father, you died-"

"No, buddy, I didn't die-" Harry said, "I just went away for a while."

"All right, that's great, Wells, keep talking." Barry's voice filled the comms as well, as we were all linked.

"But- now that I'm back, we don't need Caitlin anymore, do we, buddy?" Harry's voice was low, "So- you can let her go."

"Come on, buddy- let me get her out of here." Harry was so close, "Please."

That was where he messed up.

"Father never ask." Grodd realized, "Father take-"

Caitlin's panicked voice filled the line, "Run-"

My eyes widened at the sound of crashing and grunts, along with Grodd's roar, "Who are you?"

"Cisco, you gotta get in there, man." Barry began to say, but I was already up and grabbed a pair of earbuds, putting them on.

Cisco's eyes widen at my movement, getting up, "Zee-"

"Zee? What do you mean, Zee-" Barry's voice filled the line, "What's she doing?-"

I grabbed an extra pair and jumped out the van, rushing to the tower and to the opening, rushing over to Caitlin and shoving the earbuds in her ear, "Hey-"

"Oh, Zee, thank God-" Caitlin sighed in relief, as I pulled her to the doorframe by Cisco, looking as Grodd had Harry on the ground.

"Zee? What're you doing out there-" Barry immediately spoke, "Okay, you guys gotta get out of there- now-"

"Harry's trapped." Cisco said, "We can't leave him here- what do we do?"

I looked down at my hands, that were starting to burn up, small sparks of flames coming off them.

"The drugs." Barry thought quickly, "The drugs that Grodd stole- Wells, an overdose of those drugs will shock his brain- just hit him with as much as you can."

"You are not him!" Grodd roared loudly, "You are not Father!"

"I am father" Harry slowly got up, grabbing a few syringes, "And you hit father-"

"Grodd- look at me." Harry raised his voice at him, being outstanding at the part, "Look at me!"

"I would never leave you here alone." Harry took a few steps, looking at me and noticing my sparking hands, giving me a small nod, "Grodd, I made you a promise. I have bigger plans for you."

"Remember? One day, this city will be yours." Harry continued, "I promised you. I intend to honor that promise."

I focused on my palms, pushing a flame out of them, aiming it right at Grodd, before Harry took the roaring distraction to pierce the needles into Grodd's leg, "Go!-"

Grodd roared in pain, Harry joining us, as we all ran out of the building and booked it.

-

"I'm impressed." Barry said as Caitlin patched Harry up, "I think we all are."

Joe nodded once, "Yeah, well, we need to do something about Grodd."

"Like what?" I looked at him.

Joe shrugs, "Like get rid of him for good."

"You want to kill him?" Caitlin questions.

"Considering how many people he's killed, yeah." Joe nodded and stood by his opinion.

"This isn't Grodd's fault." Caitlin agreed, "He's only like this because Wells made him this way."

I pointed out, "Yes, but, he kidnapped you and you could have died."

"You didn't see what I saw." Caitlin exhaled, "Grodd's getting smarter- he's lonely and sad, he wan more apes like him."

"What are you saying? He wants kids?" Cisco questions, "'Cause I'm pretty sure one telepathic Grape Ape is more than enough for this city."

"I know somewhere we could send him." Harry out on a shirt, looking between us all.

Barry looks at him, "What are you talking about?"

"When the singularity exploded and I discovered the breach in Star Labs, I ran similar tests and discovered the same thing, 51 additional breaches." Harry walked into the cortex, "The difference being the breaches in Central City are scattered all throughout the city whereas counterparts in my world most definitely are not."

"And you know where they lead?" Cisco asked as we all followed him into the cortex.

Harry brought it up on the screen, "Well, I was in the process of figuring all that out when Young so gallantly convinced me to stay, but- if I am correct, this breach is gonna get Grodd as close to home as he's ever likely to get."

"Okay, even if you're right, how do we bait Grodd to go through it?" Joe questioned.

"My son'll do it." Henry looked toward Barry, smiling lightly, "Won't you, Flash?"

-

"Cisco, almost there." Barry's voice came through the comms as he, Harry and I were out on the field together once again, "Are you ready?-"

"We're in position-" Cisco told him, looking at the circle Harry had made on the ground.

"Now, once you turn on the speed cannon, the quark matter will stabilize, stretching the breach about so big, so anywhere within this circle will suffice." Harry said to us as we all moved to the side by the all the technology that was set up.

"You made such a perfect circle-" I pointed out, "How did you do that?-"

When we saw Barry's lightning, Harry simply chuckled and me then smirked, "Right on time."

"I don't have eyes on Grodd." Barry looked around when he stopped, "Does anyone see him?"

As if on cue, Grodd roared and landed a few feet away from Barry, Harry staring at him, "That is a big gorilla-"

"Where is Caitlin?" Grodd roared at Barry, before punching him right in the face and sending him flying back.

Grodd was quick to rush over to him and put a foot right on his chest, making it so Barry couldn't even move, "Where is Caitlin, Flash?"

When it went silent, I acted on impulse.

I ran out to the circle before Cisco or Harry could stop me, standing right in the middle, cuffing my hands around my mouth, "Hey!"

Grodd turned his head and looked at me, staying in his position, as I held my hands at my side, closing them in a fist and opening them a few times to try and get the spark back up like it did earlier.

"Remember me?-" I shouted at him, grunting quietly to myself as I pushed my hands to erupt into flames, staring at Grodd, fearing growing within me, "How about I give you a little reminder?-"

Barry groans lightly under Grodd, his voice choked up on the comms, "Zee, what're you doing-"

"Getting the Flash back." I muttered quietly, before shouting again at Grodd, "Hey, if you really want Caitlin back, why not picking a fight with someone who can actually fight back?-"

Harry began the moment Grodd started walking toward me, leaving Barry, "Young-"

"Harry-" I looked at him, my eyes signaling for him to flip the switch as I took a few steps back, blasting the flames from my palms and at Grodd, angering him more.

Barry got up and ran to me the moment Grodd was in the circle, picking me up and running a few feet back, "Are you out of your mind?-"

"I might be-" I hit his arm lightly to have him set me down, watching as Grodd was fighting the breach trying to suck him in, moving to go back to the circle.

"Hey, hey!" Barry grabbed my arm and stopped me, looking at me like I had gone insane, "What the hell are you doing?-"

In reality, I was just trying to push him.

Push him over the edge so he did what had to be done, so his confidence could be restored.

I looked back at him, "Maybe I can blast him back one more time-"

Barry immediately shook his head, "No way-"

"Barry, you can't let Grodd get free." Henry's voice came through the comms, "Conquer your fears, son. Believe in yourself."

At those words, Barry ran off and back, flying toward Grodd and landing a punch right in his chest, before landing to his feet, watching as Grodd got slowly sucked into the breach, it closing.

"Yes!-" I cheered and ran over to Barry, throwing my arms around him, "You did it-"

Barry was smiling as well, lifting me off the ground, lightly spinning me, and holding me tightly, "I couldn't do it without you-"

Barry set me down after a few moments, pointing at me, "Although, if you ever think about coming back onto the field again and pulling a stunt like that, I'll kill you-"

"Barry-" I fake gasped at him, "You underestimate my abilities- I was trained by Oliver Queen."

"Still-" Barry poked my cheek, "No- I don't want you getting hurt."

I purse my lips, my expression softening, "Noted."

-

"Oh, this one is definitely a keeper." Henry held up a photo as we went through the photo albums together at the West Household.

"Oh, yeah." Joe was laughing, "He could've done your standard vinegar and baking soda volcano, but no, Barry wanted to do a molecular structure of chocolate and nougat."

Barry hums, "That's my favorite candy bar."

Joe laughs, "Who does that in the sixth grade?"

"Why, a true science nerd." Henry softly smiled, "Like father, like son, I suppose."

"All right, Dad, we should get going-" Barry got up after we all broke out into smiles.

"Yeah." Henry got up then held up the photo, "Uh, Joe, can I have-"

"Yeah." Joe nodded.

"Thanks." Henry put it in his pocket, then comes over to me, pulling me into a hug, "Zee, thank you so much for reaching out to me. I am so glad you did."

"Of course- it was so good seeing you-" I hugged back tightly for a few seconds, rubbing his back.

"Hey- little tip of advice?" Henry quietly said in my ear during the hug, "Just go out with him already? He talks a lot about you-"

My eyes went wide when we pulled away, him going ahead and saying his goodbyes to Iris and Joe.

"I'll come by your apartment, later- alright?" Barry leaned over and kissed my cheek, "I'll see you-"

"Bye-" My voice was quiet, slightly waving as I watched him and Henry leave.

"You okay?" Iris questioned when they left, her eyes on Joe, who was staring at the door.

My eyebrows furrowed, "Joe?"

"It's embarrassing. I-" Joe sighed, "I love Barry like he's my own son, but when I'm reminded that he isn't, I start to wonder what it would've been like if, you know-"

Iris placed a hand on my shoulder, watching her dad, "Dad, you would've been just as amazing with your own son, just like you were with all of us."

-

I swung the door open that night at the sound of knocking, my eyes landing on Barry.

"Hi-" I stared at him, blinking a few times, seeing shook from what Henry had said, "I ordered pizza-"

"Pepperoni?" Barry walked in, walking backwards as he looked at me.

"With jalapeños and black olives-" I pointed at him, closing the door and locking it, "Just the way you like it-"

"Yes-" Barry dragged out his cheer and grabbed my waist lightly, kissing my cheeks a few times, "You're the best-"

"I know I am-" I reached up and ruffled his hair, softly smiling as I looked at him.

Barry suddenly leaned in and pressed his lips into mine out of no where, lightly backing me into the wall.

I grabbed his face, kissing him back for a few moments, melting into the sudden embrace.

Barry slowly pulled away, looking between my eyes.

My voice was quiet, looking between his, "I guess I'll buy pizza more often then-"

Barry softly laughed and shook his head lightly at my words, "No, no-"

"Then what?" I asked quietly.

"Let me take you out." Barry grabbed one of my hands and intertwined our fingers, "On an actual date- I'll get you flowers and everything."

My expression softened as I slowly tilted my head to the side, "Flowers and everything?"

"Flowers and everything." Barry caressed my hand with his thumb, his expression soft and vulnerable as he looked at me, "I just want to take you out- see you in a nice dress- just- you and me time."

"I can settle for you and me time." I softly smiled at him, before he broke out into a wider smile and connected our lips again.

authors note:

i don't know how i feel about this chapter

but, zee and harry moments

and the zarry moments, omggg, they're finally gonna go on a date !

zee finally getting out on the field is a plus

but, thank you for 31k !!!

vote and comment loadsss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 351 15
In a battle with the Reverse Flash Barry Allen accidentally reverses time to the day he woke up from his coma (this is my very first story please try...
669K 13.2K 157
[unedited/discontinued] I thought the unimaginable only existed in fairy tales, and stupid redundant television shows. I never knew how wrong I was.
139K 3.6K 20
Completed one shots! Includes Earth 2 Harry, Eobard Thawne Wells, and HR!
38.4K 852 31
Pretty self explanatory I think. Lot's of hurt Barry! Barry whumps! yay! Started a bit late, but here we gooo!