Amarendra Devasena - The stor...

By Meenu_Panda

This story is all about Amarendra Devasena, their Romance and the way they take their life with all conspirac... More

Cast
Tholi Choopu
Sneaky King
The Engagement
Devasena The Queen Of Maahishmati
The First Gift to The Bride
Problems- Just a beginning
The (Mis)Understanding
Amarendra Devasena Pelli
Shobanam- The Wedding Night
A Plan A Mystery
A Memorable Journey
Manohari's Mohana
A Sunrise With Beloved
Love In the Wild
Author's note
A fight and The Makeup
A spark
The Zaveri Nagar Mela
A New Emotion
A New Feeling
In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight
The Good News
A Bitter News
The Hamsa Naava
Return to Maahishmati
A Serious Confrontation
A Reunion Unexpected
A Birthday to Remember
A Lullaby
A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably
Plight of Parents
Brotherhood
A Friend In Need..!
The New Bonds
The First Sign- A Relaization
Dandaalayya- Maa Tho Ne Nuvvu Undaalayya
Kanna Nidurinchara
Amarenda Devasena Varasudu
A Mother's Love
The First Flower of the Season
An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!
The Yagnam..!
The Fallen Warrior
Nirnayam Lo Chanchalam- A Teaser
Rise of the Fallen
Haunting of the Forgotten
Author's note+Suprise
The War Begins!
Enter the Fortress
The King Returns
Doubts and Determination
The King and Queen
The Mahamantri
The Verdict!
Another Revelation
A Story to tell
The Return of Festivities
Plans!

The Fall of The Evil

799 52 21
By Meenu_Panda

Mahendra and Amarendra moved forward and bent down near the cell were Devasena was held prisoner for more than two decades. The father son duo did not require any prompting as both took the chains that were wound around Devasena all those years.

Amarendra for a moment thought of when Devasena was held in chains in front of a whole court, that too for no mistake of hers. He just hated that sight. He just couldn't think of her being held as such for twenty five years.

His grip around the chains tightened. Mahendra was already moving forward as Bhallaladeva come forward swinging his mace's flail to hit Mahendra when Amarendra swung the chains that hit Bhallaladeva square on his cheek.

"Ahh.. Good to see you too brother! You have cheated death!"

He said as his flail caught Amarendra on his chest. Mahendra threw the chains in hands to break that contact.

"How heartening to see that the father and son have come together. Now I can happily finish you both and be satisfied! I so missed killing you brother."

But as he finished, Mahendra swung the chain that caught Bhallaladeva on his back. Amarendra's blow landed on Bhallaladeva's chest. Angered beyond limits, he ran forward holding his mace to hit anyone of the two. But Amarendra and Mahendra who had wound the chains around their wrists and palms like gloves of iron, hit Bhallaladeva's biceps making him lose his grip on the mace which flew out of his hand and fell in the pond nearby.

The father son duo were relentless. Their eyes burned just like the fire eating up the small bridge nearby. Devasena's face had no expression, but her eyes were only on her goal. Her steps did not deter. All three of them had the same emotion burning in them.

Bhallaladeva was no less. He never got what he wanted in his life. His mother took in an orphan who got more love than him. His father was so into his own grudge against his deceased brother that he did not have time to spare some love for him. The girl he desired chose his orphan foster brother. The throne he yearned all his life, so as to get all the attention to himself did not give him the taste of victory as somewhere he always knew that it would not be with him always. At last, his son, on whom he poured all his love and affection also was not by his side. He was always left alone.

That loneliness burned in him that made him want to kill all three of them in front of him. The girl who is the reason for all this, the man who put him in this position and the product of their love. He wanted them to be vanished off the face of earth once and for all.

Amarendra and Mahendra looked at the iron cell and nodded to each other as they charged on Bhallaladeva stood up ready to face them and he was determined to finish them off before his last breath.

Amarendra's blow caught Bhallaladeva on the face while Mahendra's blow caught him in his guts, making him kneel down. Bhallaladeva looked around and found a linchpin fallen off of some chariot. He took it and charged towards Mahendra. He wanted to finish that monkey fellow in front of his brother's eyes so that he can know the feeling of losing a son.

But Mahendra was son of Devasena Amarendra Baahubali. His reflexes were no match as he moved and hit him on his face. Amarendra hit him on his torso. The impact of the blow pushed Bhallaladeva down. But before he could fall, Mahendra threw the chains that caught the ankles of Bhallaladeva. Amarendra followed the suit and flailed the chains that caught him in the torso.

Both father and son threw Bhallaladeva who fell on the cell that held Devasena all these years, breaking it.

"Bhallaaaa!"

Bijjaladeva moved forward to his son only to be pushed aside by Naayaka and Aslam.

Kattappa moved forward with Amarendra and Mahendra's swords. Behind him walked Devasena with the pot of fire on her head. She was surrounded by others, which included Mahendra's friends, his parents, Arzoo and Avantika.

Amarendra and Mahendra pulled the chains and threw Bhallaladeva on to the pyre Devasena had made out of the twigs she had collected all these years.

Kattappa threw them their swords and before Bhallaladeva could realize and act, he had two swords pinning him down to the pyre, completely injuring his legs beyond repair.

Bhallaladeva was at their mercy at last. Both the men moved away and Devasena stood before Bhallaladeva. Her eyes showed that she had him where she wanted.

But he was Bhallaladeva. He did not accept defeat easily and if he was going down, he would take as many as possible with him.

"Devasena! Come with me. I was the one who had you alive for all these years. Not them. Come with me!"

Aslam moved to strike but Kattappa stopped him. He saw ahead that a throw knife had torn his cheek and turned to see Arzoo standing there spitting fire through her nose. Aslam chuckled.

Both Amarendra and Mahendra sheathed their swords and stood facing away from Bhallaladeva as Devasena lit the pyre.

Bhallaladeva looked up at the night sky where a star shone brightly and he remembered his wife and her last words. She was right after all. No one was by him. It was only him and his sins that were burning him down. He was all alone. Not able to take that, he yelled. He yelled in anger, defeat, helplessness, loneliness and at last in pain as the fire consumed him.

Everyone watched as the fire burned brightly throughout the night to dawn.

As the fire died down, the sun rose to a new day.

The people rejoiced the end of tyranny and the beginning of a new regime that would be fair and kind.

Mehendra turned to Kattappa and beside him saw Bijjaladeva and the priest standing there. The priest had pure shock on his face and Bijjaladeva stood with tears in his eyes.

"Thatha, make arrangements for the expulsion of those two."

Kattappa was about to say yes when Amarendra stopped them.

"Wait Nanna Mahendra. First we need a proper government. Then we punish the traitors and make arrangements for Maahishmati."

Everyone agreed to that. Devasena smiled.

"Kattappa, I think our Royal Priest, Gautama Shastry can take his position back. He can help us with an auspicious day for the Rajyabhishekam of Mahendra."

"Ledu Amma, it will be the Rajyabhishekam of you and Nana. Not me. I could have fought this war, but I am yet to learn anything about this place, its rules and regulations. I am no fit for the throne yet. And rightfully you both should have been the King and Queen all these years. You were robbed of it. I am not going to do the same. First I am going schooling. Then I will become a prince, and then the throne. It will be as per rules. As per the hierarchy."

Mahendra said and everyone around him had a proud look on their face. Devasena went to Sanga and held her hands.

"You have brought up a good man!"

Devasena said. Amarendra smiled.

"You have taught him well"

He said to Chandrayya. Both of them wiped their tears off and smiled.

"Half of the work was your blood!"

They said and everyone had to agree.

"So, Kattappa, Once the effect of this war has died down, we will discuss about Rajyabhishekam, our new ministry cabinet reconstruction of Maahishmati.."

Amarendra, Mahendra, Aslam, Arzoo and Avantika cut her.

"And Kunthalam.."

Devasena shook her head exasperated.

"And Kunthalam and also schooling of these kids."

Kattappa smiled shaking his head.

"Alage Thalli!"

The day was a busy day. Everyone was busy cleaning up the broken war machines, chariots and were collecting the weapons. The cleaning of the battleground was happening in a good pace.

Amarendra, Devasena, Mahendra, Avantika and others all went to the village and settled amongst the villagers as Chandrayya, Sanga and Arzoo went about cleaning wounds and hydrating the dehydrated ones, in short patching up people.

Avantika rushed to Mahendra to nurse the wound that was caused by Bhallaladeva's arrow. Amarendra was applying medicine to Devasena's wrists where Bhallaladeva had wound the rope to drag her.

Both their eyes were still spitting fire.

"Amarendra, it's over! He is no more!"

"But the wounds he inflected are"

Amarendra said.

"Avantika.. Slowly. If you continue at this pace, you will open my wound more that patching it up."

Mahendra said earning a glare from Avantika. He gave his boyish grin making her sigh.

"Please shut up until I finish this or I might change my mind and will for sure open this wound up and will end up injuring you more."

"Ahhh.. My pleasure!"

Devasena and Amarendra forgot their anger and chuckled.

"Amarendra definitely he has got your cheek! Look at how he is annoying Avantika."

Amarendra laughed.

"Good to see!"

But Avantika got conscious and tried moving away when Mahendra pulled her close. Amarendra and Devasena looked at Naayaka who looked away.

"Naayaka, you cannot look away for long. Unless you take the step, we cannot proceed you know?"

Amarendra said putting his arm around Naayaka. Devasena gave him a bowl of medicine and pointed to arms and cheeks of Avantika that had nasty gashes. Sighing Naayaka took the bowl and moved close to Avantika.

Mahendra scratching his head, moved to his parents.

"Amma?"

"Give the father and daughter some space nanna. They need to clear the air."

Mahendra's eyes widened.

"Really?"

"You heard the story. How come you did not understand that part?"

"I thought.."

"DO you see any other Avantika in the troupe?"

"No.. But.."

"Sometimes nanna you do act like you mother. Act before you think!"

Devasena gave a jab making Amarendra yelp. Mahendra chuckled.

"Its better this way. Anyways, her being Mama's daughter and not being one doesn't change anything. Does it?"

Mahendra asked them and they just shook their heads and ruffled his hair smiling.

"Sanga Ma.."

Devasena called. Sanga came and threw a questioning look.

"Patch this boy up. If we let Avantika do, he might end up with more injuries."

Sanga chuckled and patched up Mahendra's wounds.

Chandrayya was looking after Kattappa's wounds.

"How did you tribes never came under Maahishmati's forest welfare?"

Kattappa asked.

"We moved to these forests from far in the east. The forest and our kingdom was burned down in a war."

"Which forest?"

"Aruna Vanam"

"You mean the forest land that surrounds Ravinagaram?"

"Yes, its the forest that guards the western boundary of Ravinagaram."

"But you were here before the fire right?"

Kattappa took a wild guess.

"Yes, one small group of ours is always on the move in search of some new plants as we were the one who supplied that kingdom's infirmary with plants with medicinal values. We heard of Mahaparvatham, Neelaranyam, Shoorani and other forests surrounding the Mahaparvatham and came in search of new plants. We were planning to return to Aruna Vanam when our group came in search of us and informed us about the fire. So we stayed here."

Kattappa's wild guess turned out to be true.

"What happened to the Royal family?"

"All were killed."

"Are you sure?"

Chandrayya looked up at Kattappa and understood that Kattappa had some suspicion. Kattappa's eyes fell on a boy who was nursing his wounds and a man and woman, who looked like his parents were feeding him something. Chandrayya's eyes followed Kattappa's and sighed.

Avantika looked up at Naayaka who was applying medicines to her wounds. She frowned at him. She has never seen his head bowed this way.

"Naayaka?"

"Amma.. Avantika.."

For the first time in her life she saw her every angry Naayaka shedding tears. It was a strange feeling. She wiped those tears away.

"Will you forgive me?"

"What?"

"Will you be able to forgive this father of yours?"

Avantika's eyes widened.

"Father?"

"Yes. I kept this from you because I did not want to lose you like I lost your mother and brother. I know that there is no logic behind this reason. But.."

Avantika looked at the man who sat with his hand on arms, wiping her blood and with his head still bowed.

Yes, it was too much to digest. When she heard about Naayaka and Sulochana, many times she could relate to them, and felt as if she knew them well. But she never thought that they could be her parents. Or may be she just did not want to think so and hurt herself if it turned out to be nothing but her heart yearning for it, creating a web of emotions around her. So she put a lid to those thoughts.

But now, it turned out to be true. Naayaka was her father indeed. Her heart did understand that.

She had always seen her Naayaka always standing proud. She could not take the sight of his defeated stance.

She held his shoulders and felt him stiffen. She put her hand under his chin and made him to meet her eyes. Whatever she saw there in his eyes, made her eyes wet and also adorned her lips with a smile.

"Nana!"

Was all she could say before she went into his arms. She had a father! She had a family. She was not alone after all.

"I am sorry Thalli. I am so sorry."

He said as he caressed her hair. The wounds did not matter anymore.

Amarendra and Devasena smiled with their arms around each other.

"Now I can annoy her more. After all she is my Mama's daughter!"

Mahendra said keeping his head on his mother's lap making his parents Chuckle. Sanga twisted his ears.

"Aaahhh.."

"Good Sanga ma. This fellow is way more naughty than I thought"

Devasena said twisting his other ear making him yell and laugh at the same time.

Aslam sat far away rubbing the mane of Bahadur.

"Its so nice to see them happy."

He said to his horse.

"Yes, it is."

He heard Arzoo who sat beside him after medicining his wounds.

"Arzoo.."

"You have far less wounds than I thought."

She said.

"Aren't you happy about that?"

Aslam asked raising his brow.

"I am. But its just not the routine you see. So, I am not used to it."

"I am well trained now."

"Thanks to Ammi, Abbu, Naayaka Chachu and Kattappa Thatha"

"That's true."

"Its's over here now. Abbu is with his family. Ammi is alive. You have a brother. But what about the future? Our people?"

"They are already near Ammi's kingdom only. We can find somewhere to settle. Then I will start the business again."

"Will you be able to leave this family?"

"I have to find a way. There is another family waiting for us. We have to look after their livelihood too Arzoo"

Arzoo just smiled.

"Arzoo.."

"Hmm?"

"You know.. When I accompanied them in this battle.. I had one lingering thought."

"What is that?"

"What if something happens to me? You saw how ruthless he was when he attacked Naayaka Chachu."

"Nothing happened to him and nothing happened to you. You are right here."

"But it could have"

"Then I would have brought down sky and blown up earth to get you back."

"Arzoo.."

"Stop talking non sense."

"All I am saying is, once everything settles down, will you give your consent to our Nikah?"

For a moment Arzoo looked at him without blinking.

"Okay, now you are scaring me. Did I ask you something wrong?"

"Rei Annaiyya.. She has been behind you all these years, and now suddenly you ask like that and what do you expect?"

"Rei Thammudu, some privacy here!"

"How can I miss this opportunity where my brother is doing something we never expected."

"Orei!"

Mahendra ran away. Aslam was ready to chase him down, when he felt a pull. He turned to see Arzoo holding his hand.

"I thought you asked me something Khan saab?"

"I thought you were not giving any answer."

"I think you know my answer."

"Still I would like to hear it out!"

"In that case, I would like to ask my Ammi and Abbu!"

She said and ran to Devasena and hid behind her.

"Arzoo?"

"Ammi.. Ask her to answer me."

"Ammi, I asked him to ask yours and Abbu's permission."

"For what?"

Amarendra asked frowning.

"Amma.. Annaiyya asked her to marry him and she ran to you!"

Mahendra said from the top of a tree nearby.

"Rei what are you doing there?"

Amarendra asked.

"Escaping from Annaiyya."

"And you climbed a tree?"

"That's his habit Maharaja?"

Sanga said chuckling.

"Devasena..."

"Later.. Arzoo?"

"Whatever you say ammi."

"Aslam?"

"You heard her Abbu. Whatever you and Ammi say!"

Aslam stood like an obedient son in front of his parents.

Amarendra looked at each other and frowned.

"Hmm... We will decide upon that after the first Ministry cabinet meeting."

They said and went back into a hut that was given to them until Maahishmati was ready to welcome their King and Queen leaving everyone with their mouth hanging to the ground.

Only Kattappa and Naayaka chuckled shaking their heads as they could see Amarendra and Devasena grinning to each other when they were out of sight of others.

It was a happy time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 182 28
Hello everyone, I am Shneha Gowricharn and this is me first try to write a fanfiction. The story is inspired from the tv show Ghum hai kisi ke pyaar...
For you ❤ By Nasha

General Fiction

1.1K 78 7
" Dev, why the hell do you love to irritate me, you act as if you are the cracker I've lit as soon as you see me , can't you be normal for once? " "...
63K 3.8K 50
"All the dreams that I ve seen for us will come true ,the only difference is that I won't be there in any of them" She had lost her parents in the mo...
107K 4.5K 29
"Maan take it " Said 5 years old akshita, forwarding her hand which have a candy on it "I don't want it ita" 7 years old abhi said in his as usual...