The Protector

By ShadeandShadows

Thrust into an unknown world that had only lived in myth, Tracy Evans finds herself mated to a werewolf, Prot... More

Author's Note (Please read)
Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 (Mature Content)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 (Mature Content)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Mature Content)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Short Bonus)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Mature Content)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Mature Content)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 (Mature Content)
Chapter 37 (Mature Content)
Chapter 38 (Mature Content)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Not a Chapter
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Mature Content)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Just a note... please read.
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Before we continue... Help Wanted
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Author's Note (Ignore this)
Author's Note
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
THE END
Author's Note
Q & A
NEW BOOK!!!
EXCITING NEWS!!!

Chapter 52

2.3K 141 25
By ShadeandShadows

I am shocked and excited...

OVER 2K READS!!!

AND

252 VOTES!!!

>awkward happy dance<

To everyone that hit that little "star" icon at the bottom of the page... thanks for the vote!

CHAPTER 52

11 days ago...

Jordan and Tracy sat together on a charter bus to California. Tracy had explained that no one could know where they were going or be able to track them. So they blocked the mind links altogether. Jordan bought a temporary prepaid cell phone that would allow him to talk to his mates every evening.

"So California huh?" Jordan said.

"Not quite. We're getting off near Denver."

"What's in Denver?"

"Hopefully a rental car place." Tracy said vaguely.

"Still not going to tell me where we're going?"

"No not yet."

They sat in silence for a while. The bus eventually rolled into a buffet restaurant for dinner. Jordan and Tracy made their selections before taking a seat at a small table for two away from the other passengers.

"What was that book you got in the mail?" Jordan asked nodding at the satchel on the back of her chair.

"The Journal of Mohammed the Wizard, it's said to contain the location of Ivory White's prison."

"I thought that was a myth."

"Apparently not. There are a bunch of bad guys trying to find it."

"What's it say?"

"No idea. It's written in a language I don't recognize with symbols I've never seen. I'm going to have to talk to Isiah or Gideon when we get back." Tracy said, resuming her meal.

"If a bunch of bad guys are looking for it then shouldn't be put in a safe somewhere? Instead of strapped in an oversize purse and dragged across country?"

"Where I go it goes. Besides, I haven't had a chance to gather more information from it."

"Thought you couldn't read it."

"I can see visions of an items past by coming in contact with it or the person that was in possession of it."

"Wow."

"ATTENTION!" A loud voice from the bus driver boomed across the dining room drawing the focus of all the patrons, "The charter bus for California will be leaving in 10 minutes."

Twenty minutes later they were once again on the highway. Most of the passengers had inclined their seats back and were napping. A baby started crying and his poor parents looked exhausted.

"Who the fuck brings a baby on a bus?" A woman in her late 20s, sitting in front of them, asked her friend.

"God I'm so glad I don't have kids. They ruin your life." her friend replied.

Jordan stood and walked down the aisle. He leaned down and talked with the parents. A few minutes later, Jordan walked back carrying the small child in his arms.

"Ugh!" The bitch in front of them complained, "Don't bring that 'thing' back here."

"If you don't like it," Jordan said calmly rocking the baby in his arms, "There's the door feel free to jump out." He glared menacingly at them silencing any further protest, "Not like y'all have anyone that actually needs you."

Tracy smirked, "That was kinda mean."

"They're entitled to their dumb ass opinions, my black ass is entitled to opinions too. What are they going to do in 20 years when their pussy is all dried up and no one wants their selfish ass. They won't even have kids that'll come home and care about them."

Tracy chuckled lightly and smiled at the small face still frowning at them, "I never understood how someone would not want a baby."

The little one settled quietly and soon fell asleep. Jordan simply patted his back gently.

"You're really good."

"Yeah well I've had practice. Reilly had a set of lungs that could break glass." he said. Tracy chuckled. Jordan smiled looking down at the precious face that was drooling on his shirt, "I'm glad I get to do this again."

"Congratulations, by the way." Tracy said, "With everything going on I forgot to congratulate you and Jackson."

"It's okay you have a lot on your mind." he replied.

"After my father died, my mom did everything to fill the void for me. But I worried that she was not taking care of herself emotionally. Thank you for making my mom so happy again."

"Jackson and I are the ones that are grateful. You're mother got the short end of the deal."

"Just keep her happy or grandpa and I will be fighting over who gets to pump your guts full of lead first."

"Duly noted." Jordan said nodding.

--------------

It was late afternoon before they reached a tiny town outside of Denver. They decided to stay here since the bus wouldn't be stopping for another 500 miles. The sketchy rental lot almost empty. The only thing they had left was a tiny dusty red Toyota Tercel.

"It's the latest model." The rental person, Dan, told them handing Jordan the keys.

"I thought they stopped making these." Tracy said.

"They did. About 20 years ago." Jordan said dryly.

"Y-yeah... but it was the last new one out the factory." Dan lied as he scratched his scalp through the oily ill-placed hair piece.

Tracy rolled her eyes but placed her luggage in the back before getting in. Jordan twisted his large frame into the driver's seat. His right arm crowding the middle section.

"Well this sucks." He complained as he started the car, "and it's on empty."

Driving to the nearby gas station, they filled up the car and bought some snacks for the road.

"Where to?" Jordan asked.

"West to the highway and then south." Tracy replied. They drove for about two hours on an empty road before Jordan spoke.

"It looks so desolate out here."

He was right. There was nothing terms of lights, signs, or houses. The road was the only proof of civilization through these mountains. Tracy remembered the last time she was in Colorado and began looking around. This stretch of highway looked familiar. There was a small sign that caught her attention.

Dark Hill Valley

That's it! She knew where they were. Before Tracy could say anything, a disembodied voice cried, "Danger!" in her head.

"Stop!" Tracy screamed. Jordan slammed on the brakes but it was too late, their car crashed into something or rather someone. The small vehicle spun off the road, slamming into a large pine, and showering pieces of glass and metal along its path.

Stunned, Tracy shook her head to clear the ringing in her ears. Her door was ripped off and familiar face covered with blood peered in.

"Please you must help!" the desperate voice of Ms. Farlow pleaded, "they're coming!"

"Who?" Tracy unbuckled and rolled out of the car.

"Prince Grim and his Reapers." Ms. Farlow replied shakily.

Tracy didn't get a chance to question her further because they were suddenly surrounded emaciated looking creatures that smelled of death and decay. These corpse like beings had no identifiable race or gender, long fangs protruded from their skeletal jaws while black eyes stared soullessly in hunger.

Tracy felt the power of her ancestral Protectors surge through every fiber of her being. Her eyes burned silver as she stood watch. Like a wave, they poured forth to attack their long dagger claws extended.

"HERE!" Ms. Farlow said quickly tossing Tracy sheathed sword.

"Stay my step father." Tracy screamed above the roar of the charging horde.

Pulling on the intricate black and gold handle, separating the sword from the leather sheath to reveal a silver blade. Ancient writings on both sides glowed, proclaiming its magical properties. Tracy held up the weapon and a burst of light illuminated the clearing.

The creatures screamed as they were now completely blinded and began to attack both Tracy and each other. The sword was light and swung with smooth precision. Flesh and bone provided no resistance to the cutting edge. Tracy fought until all had disintegrated into piles of white ash. With the enemy vanquished, Tracy checked on Jordan and Ms. Farlow.

Adrenaline pumping, Tracy used were strength to pull Jordan's large frame from the wreckage. Ms. Farlow helped her carry him to a medium sized shed a quarter mile into the woods on coven land. The space was tight and Jordan's body took up most of the dust covered floor. A nasty gash covering a large knot on his bloodied forehead was slowly healing along with other cuts and bruises on his body.

"What's going on?" Tracy asked as soon as they were inside. Taking off the bag with the journal inside she looked to make sure it wasn't damaged any further.

"We were attacked by a disgraced Royal." Ms. Farlow said as she pulled out a first aid kit off one the shelves and tended to Jordan's wounds, "Prince Grim was banished to the inner core of the Arctic Circle centuries ago and somehow he has came back."

"Who is he?" Tracy asked pulling out two empty 5 gallon buckets to use as seats.

"During the time of the witch Ivory White, many Vampire Royals followed her rule and dedicated themselves to assisting her to gain ultimate power. One of them was Prince Gairim Manassah one of the sons of the High King.

The young Royal became the witch's commanding general. The blood that flowed and the horrors he inflicted were so terrifying that even his own soldiers were executed when they refused to do his bidding. Gaining his fearsome moniker, Prince Grim. As a reward for his service, Ivory White raised an army of fallen warriors with violent spirits, called Reapers, to follow his every command without hesitation, question, or most importantly conscious."

Ms. Farlow sighed as she finished dabbing the cuts with antiseptic, "He's back now and has been attacking covens looking for the Ebony swords. They are weapons designed to destroy his army."

"Are there any survivors? Lady Anna?"

"There were others but I wouldn't be surprised if they're dead now. The connections I had with my coven has lessened" Ms. Farlow said sadly, "He'll keep Lady Cloud alive at least for a while."

"Why?" Tracy asked, "I mean that's good but why?"

"Lady Cloud was entrusted with one of the Ebony Swords by a witch named Lucy."

"LUCY?!"

================================

So Lucy is a person and we're once again at Dark Valley Coven... sort of.

For Cade's sake, I hope Lady Anna is rescued.

Any predictions or thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 23K 5
Excerpt only: I quickly run in their direction as my claws elongate into fierce points. I watch as a man in all black strikes down and kills one of...
94.9K 1.7K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...
7.6K 334 58
This is book one of the series. Jordan shifts slightly in my lap so she can see my face. "Liam, I want you to mark me." She bluntly states and expose...
3M 137K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...