Little Gaskarth

By RollingBallOfKnives

Alex Gaskarth 24 years old, single, touring the world making music gets a call at 3 am. Out of no where he is... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Hey...
Part 15

Part 9

448 13 1
By RollingBallOfKnives

"So Char, what do you want to do? We have about an hour and a half, before I'll make dinner." I smiled, she shyly looked away and hummed.

"Jack made a mess in my room... we should go clean up..." she suggested, I chucked. Of course Jack made a mess, I nodded.

"Okay love, let's go do that," I grinned, we both got up and started to the stairs.

I held Charlie's hand as we slowly went up the stairs. As we entered her room I found that, in fact Jack had. He'd left her clothes in a pile on her bed, but mostly her room was clean. It was never much; just a bed, dresser, and closet as well a small, full bathroom. I hadn't really decorated it much; I had gotten a two bedroom home for friends or family to stay over, and for Jack if he was drunk. I really never thought it would end up as a kids bedroom. It definitely needs a lot of work, the bed was too high up for little Charlotte to climb and it just isn't a "kids room".

I started folding clothes and separating them into piles for her dresser. Shirts, pants, pjs, and undergarments. Definitely need to get her more clothes. She has probably a week worth of clothes and only two pajamas to wear. She sat and watched, I smiled at her.

"So what do you think kiddo?" I asked, tilting my head, she sighed.

"I don't know Alex..." she spoke softly, and nervously.

"Is it a lot? Are you overwhelmed?" I continue questioning, she looked up as if she was pondering the word 'overwhelmed'. Then nodding slowly.

"Overwhelmed." She affirmed, I nodded and stopped pushing.

"So what's you favorite color?" I smiled, trying to soften the interaction.

"I don't know, what's your?" Se tilted her head looking at me. I laughed, smart girl.

"Your gonna get the inside scoop, because no one knows this, but my favorite color is purple." I smiled, she giggled at me.

"Which color is that?" She asked, I furrowed my eye brows and looked at her. She doesn't know her colors, I thought. I went through the small pile of shirts and pulled out on that had purple flowers on it.

"This is purple," I pointed, she nodded.

"That's pretty, why is it your favorite?" She asked. I nodded.

"It's the Ravens color, my favorite team." She nodded at my explanation. I turned around and put the pile of shirts into a draw of the dresser. Then picking up a pile of leggings and doing the same. My phone went off in my pocket, I pulled it out of my pocket and looked.

Rian: Don't forget, Char needs a bath tonight
Alex: you're right will do

I went into the bathroom to survey what Jack had done. I opened the draws and looked to see where everything had handed. I pulled out a hair tie and put it on my wrist.

"Hey Char come here," I called she came into the bathroom. I picked her up and put her onto the counter, I thought back to watching past girlfriends and my sisters do their hair. I collected her hair and pulled it to the side, out of her face, then kind of making a bun on the side of her head.

"I should look into doing hair kiddo. You know, Jack has a sister maybe she can help me out." I commented, Charlie giggled at me.

"It's okay, Mama isn't good at hair either..." she smiled at me in the mirror, I nodded. Char then picked up a yellow duck that sat on the counter and laughed.

"What color is he?" I asked, curious at her knowledge.

"Well he's not purple..." she mumbled, I couldn't help but giggle.

"He's yellow," I enlightened, she smiled.

"Yellow! I like that word." She grinned, maybe the prettiest grin I've ever seen.

"Okay love, lets go start making dinner," I laughed, picking her up and holding her on my hip. She of course kept the duck in her grasp. I carried her down the stairs and into the den, I then sat down on the couch grabbing the remote. Kid shows.

"Hey have you ever watched, Elmo? Sesame Street?" I asked, she tilted her head at me then shaking it no. I raised my eye brows and put it on from On Demand.

"So you sit here and I'm gonna go put food in the oven? Okay?" I payed out my plan, she nodded and sat back. I went into the kitchen and got a frozen pizza from the freezer; preheating the oven, putting it on a pan, and waiting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 439 26
Completed June 12, 2016 DISCLAIMER: This is a fanfiction. The only thing real in this fic are the characters. The scenarios in this book most likely...
30K 929 73
______ "I need a room for a night?" I ask the lady at the check in desk at the hotel. She didn't question the tears running down my face, or my phon...
785 15 31
JACIE Jay-see \ d͡ʒˈe͡ɪsi \ See Jennifer Anna Clara Isabell Evans. An ambitious 21-year-old music student, striving to find her place in the indust...
39.4K 637 28
Riley Smithson was the wild child headed down the wrong path when her cousin, Josh Ramsay, decided to break her habits. Two months on the road in a b...