same world, different life

By nathansasser

it practically happened overnight, one night I'm in my bed when I wake up my eyes are covered in an unusual m... More

Chapter 1. my world changed
Chapter 2. from cowardly to brave
Chapter 3. Waking up to a new outlook.
Chapter 4. Adapting to a new body.
Chapter 5. swimming into the school
Chapter 6. Getting into the game
Chapter 7. Joining the game
Chapter 8. holding onto an old life
Chapter 9. The truth revealed
Chapter 10. Gathering evidence
Chapter 11. Getting to know the family.
Chapter 13. Imbued with the flora
Chapter 14. A Living Realization

Chapter 12. The father's home

9 0 0
By nathansasser

After that, we spent the rest of the day at home. Never had I felt such a strong love in my sorrow that she finally convinced me that I was hers, and when I met her mate, it wasn't hard to believe he loved her because he loved his kids and treated me like one of his own that just hatched. "So this is Machiavelli's kid then. Shame to hear of what happened," he told Clair.

"That sort of honer doesn't matter to many of our kind," I replied. He felt the side of my face of my human form with a smile on his face.

"So, what do you think?" She asked him as she turned me into the form she gave me.

"Such a sweet kid, he has a lot to learn about our lives, though. I assure you though that learning all of it and you'll stick with it because it's the life you now live among our civilization," he told me.

"I was thinking of adding a cobra hood to this form," Clair told him.

"That can work, though I think we should let Nathan decide," he replied. He then looked at me for an answer.

My response: "Yeah, sure, I mean, it'll help me cool off if we end up going to a warm area."

"I guess we head on down to apply it then," he told us.

If I could remember where I went, I would have been able to answer a few of my friends' questions as they came by me and my now cobra hooded head. Even then, these 2 treat me like I'm their child. Taking me on activities they did around the ship, and while some were a bit odd to me at first, I got accustomed to it being something they did on first to go more often than not a few days later though I felt mentally hurt once more.

"I'll be with the dragon if you need me, Clair," I told her as I headed to my dragon.

"I haven't seen you in days, what's happened to you, Nathan?" my dragon asked me after I got into the cave.

"A lot has changed Machiavelli's a rank lower now, I have a murder being investigated by his kind that I doubt they can prosecute without our court system, and Clair's locked me in this form," I replied.

"Nathan, I don't want to lose you," she replied as she held me close.

Clair soon came in looking at me and said: "how many times have I told you that Machiavelli only fabricates your bond with her. I'm not letting you out of that form till you admit that," she told me,

"and I keep telling you that there is a bond that I've developed with her; it's just not the same bond," I replied.

"Clair, what are you two arguing about?" Her mate asked her. He then looked at me and told her: "let it go. His kind forms bonds on their own, too, you know."

"Wha... this bond was implanted by Machiavelli," she hastily replied.

"Clair, I know you've always been scared of dragons, ever since you were little, and you persist that onto your children even him," he replied. "The children I can convince, but you'll have to convince yourself." He then walked back inside and locked it.

After a bit, I felt like I could change forms again. I turned to my dragon form, and the 3 of us approached Clair. "Keep back!" She shouted at us, but we persisted in boxing her into the corner of the cave. She tried to make herself as small as possible, and as she shook in fear, we began to lick her gently. "Your tounges, they feel so soft," she told us. My dragon smiled at her as she let her feel her scales. "That feeling I... Nathan, you were right. I know what you were talking about now," she told me as she began to cry.

"You finally see our true bond, don't you," I said to her telepathically.

"Yes, yes, I do," she replied as she hugged my dragons' face.

I turned to my human form and said: "well, I'm glad we understand each other on this matter now."

After that, I was able to finish setting up my PC system in her home. "You sure this is the right area to put this?" Clair asked me as I was getting my grandpa's monitor from his system set up in mine.

"You said I could use this so long as I set it up within your viewpoint. If anything, I can set up the other devices I have for you guys to use other than that old Vista PC," I replied.

"You win this round," she told me.

"Yeah, also, why is this thing reading it has different hardware?" I asked her. "This had an I3, and now it says there's an eight-core I7. I know for a fact Machiavelli just stuck a GTX 1060 in here and called it that after replacing the PSU."

"I stuck it in there, I also put a Titan RTX in there," her mate told me.

"Ain't that a bit much for an I7, even if it's a K model?" I asked him.

"Nathan, maybe we should just head to the park," he told me.

"I've got a feeling I know why so ok then," I replied.

I followed him to the park to find my old group there again," I haven't seen you guys in a while," I told them.

"Yup Clair got us together, and we have new faces too," one of them replied. One face stood out to me though, a wolf fur-covered face that I met when I was still with Machiavelli.

"So, I see my man's got a new family," he said to me.

"Yeah, it's unfortunate though what happened to those that I once lived with before all of this," I replied.

"You know it may be a honer to their kind for one of us to be picked by the commander of the ship, but it doesn't matter to us if they're not a good home," he told Clair. "I have heard though that when your mate isn't home that those you've chosen are locked into the forms that you've given them. All because you think of them as your own kin."

"What makes you think that?" She nervously asked him.

"Something one of your boys told me," he replied. "You treat him like he's one of your children, but he's not even one of your kind." Just about every other human in the group agreed.

"He's right, you know, I'm not," I told her.

She looked down as she murmured: "One day you'll understand. One day many of your kind will leave humanity behind."

"Come again, Clair?" I said to her.

She stuttered before her mate said: "Clair, maybe you should invite Daniel to Nathan's new home."

She calmed down before replying: "Yeah, maybe he'll like to see it." "So, you coming or not, Daniel?" She asked him.

"Dante, can we go," Daniel asked him.

"Yeah sure, I'd like to see his new home, too," he replied.

We soon headed home, and Daniel and Dante saw the changes that happened to the interior. "Nathan, I'm impressed at what you did. It looks a lot better than it did before," Dante told me.

"Yeah, though the bed she has me sleep on and the others are still a bit odd for me," I replied.

"What bedding, sand, I'm guessing, right?" He asked me.

"Not really, but we all end up sleeping huddled up to each other. In these close tailed blankets with mine having no way to use my arms when I'm in it," I replied.

"Yeah, their kind likes to snuggle up to each other, and your wrap's meant to make you feel like you're being hugged," he told me.

"There's a difference between that wrap and actually feeling their arms around me. Their hugs are hypnotic for me, but it's also a perfect feeling for me," I replied.

"hypnotic, how?" He asked me.

"Well, sometimes I open up to her other times I'll do what she says without a problem," I told him.

"She makes you behave," he replied with a chuckle, "I'm sure you've never had any trouble with her."

"Eh, nothing major, though she was scared of my dragon to the point she wanted me and her children to think that my bond wasn't true with her," I replied.

He patted my shoulder and said: "Machiavelli may have planted one bond that's now gone, but the bond you still feel is one you and your dragon developed."

"I know that very well, Dante," I replied.

My phone soon buzzed, revealing a notification about new evidence coming to light on the investigation into my family's death: "Huh, the hydrogen cyanide was bought after you brought my kind here, so they were killed on the ship then," I told them.

"Yeah, I found the bodies..." he paused there before changing the subject. "You know what I gotta go I'll see you guys later," he hastily said before leaving.

"Is there something you're not telling me, Clair?" I asked her.

"They might, but I don't," She replied.

"I hope you're telling the truth," I replied.

"Hey, let's just enjoy the day ok," She told me as she hugged me.

I turned to my serpent form, and we warmed up under the sun. I soon ended up dozing off with them snuggling up to me, and when I woke up, I realized I was locked out of the home. "Nathan, you're finally awake," I heard my dragon say to me.

"Yeah, and I'm locked out here for the night. Could I..."

I stopped there as she replied with: "I've been waiting for you to come to me." I turned to my scaled form and let her lick me before she stuck me under her tongue.

"Good night, my friend," I told her before I fell asleep. It had been a while since I slept with my dragon, and this moment, I wanted to savor. If Clair were right about what she said, I'd speciate with the dragon and not Clair because she's my comfort in my grief.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 12.6K 39
Lucy Parker Your average eighteen-year-old girl right? Wrong. When Lucy was eleven she shifted into a huge red fox. When she shifted she got this 'vo...
2.8K 88 52
Identity crisis? What's that? ---- An earthling's soul was born into an incompatible, human body. Their muscles misbehaved, their skin and body fel...
233K 7.5K 38
ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ ᴍᴇʀᴍᴀɴ x ᴘɪʀᴀᴛᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ -------- WARNING BEFORE YOU READ #2 mermaids 20200606 #4 fan made 20200605 #8 humans 20200605 #22 Obsession 20200605 #...
286K 10.4K 26
Three Packs. Three Powerful Alphas. One Mate. What happens when three great Alphas discovered that not only were they mated to one Being but he also...