How To Say | Jungkook x Reader

ggaly8 tarafından

A Short Story- After failure with his English studies, the youngest of BTS turns to you, an English teacher f... Daha Fazla

New Student
Lessons of Life
A Way to Start the Day
Jungkook's Interlude
A Way to Start the Day PT.2
Publicity Resolutions
Three Strikes, You're Out
Confidence
Close Your Eyes
A Sweet Surprise
Kiss Me More
Labels of Love
Debt
Love, Actually

Pretty

2.5K 61 26
ggaly8 tarafından

THINGS WRITTEN IN THIS STYLE (italics) ARE THINGS THAT ARE SAID OR THOUGHT IN ENGLISH!

--------

"Alrighty JK! I'm going to have you do one more exercise to see what we need to work on so that we can have you fluent and communicating with fans in no time!" You say, sliding over a piece of paper.

Jungkook clicks his pen nervously, not knowing what to expect but nods anyway.

You eye him, taking notice to his seemingly anxious clicking. You smile warmly, "DON'T worry! I'll just be having you write for five minutes in English and just write whatever you know. You can write random words, questions, sentences, whatever you want-as long as it's in English."

"Okay!" He says, a bit more comfortable knowing the assignment. He bows his head down toward his paper focused on what he's going to write.

You tap 'start timer' on your phone and tell him to begin, and he immediately starts scribbling on his paper. You look around the library and fiddle with your fingernails as you wait for Jungkook to finish. You turn to look out the window at the darkened skies of Korea, a signal that night was upon you. Your clock reads '7:30pm' but the sky looks as if it is 9:00pm. When you finally look back to Jungkook, he has slowed down his writing which is understandable considering that the timer is almost up.

"Ten seconds left," you say. Jungkook looks at you for a brief moment, examining your face with strong focus. Then ever so slightly, the corner of his mouth curls up into a sort of smile as he thinks to himself and puts the pen to the paper for a final time.

'Pretty,' he quickly writes down on the paper and before you have a second to get flustered, the timer stops.

"Okay! Times up, JK!" You say, feeling your face heat up. He looks up at you and puts a thumbs up. His messily curled hair and gorgeous smile makes you a bit jittery as he slides his paper to you for evaluation. You quickly take the paper noticing the big 'I Love You ARMY!' and act like you're examining everything he wrote, even though the only thing on your mind is him.

"How is it, Teacher?" He asks curiously. You blink a few times, gathering yourself and nod.

"Right! Yeah, it's a great start. I'll definitely look over it some more later on so that I can prepare well for our next lesson. How does that sound?" You say, plastering on a smile.

"Sounds like a plan to me. Thank you, Teacher." He says. He stands up and walks over to your side of the table and stands over you, extending his hand. You take it and dust off your skirt as he helps you up. Once you're on your feet he shakes your hand and bends down to pick up your bag, handing it to you once he's upright.

"Thank YOU, Mr. Jeon," you say.

"No problem. I really can't thank you enough though. I feel like I really intruded on your time. It's just-" he sighs. "I just feel so bad. My older bro- I look up to him a lot. He does so much for me and my group. He's the leader but also the only one who speaks fluent English. I feel like it's a burden on him to always have to handle oversea communications with fans. I just want to be able to soften his load of work and if learning English will help, I want to learn it as fast as possible." He avoids eye contact as if he's a bit disappointed in himself.

You touch his shoulder that's closest to you to calm him. "Don't worry. We'll have you fluent and communicating with fans in no time, like I said. Everything you want. We'll work hard for it, okay? You've got an awesome teacher, if I do say so myself." You take your hand off his shoulder, unsure if you made things awkward but to your surprise, you hear him laughing. He looks up to you with a glimmer of hope in his eyes and smiles.

"Yeah, I'd say so too," he says while nodding, making you smile hard. "Well, it's getting late, and more unsafe. While I have to get back to the office to record some things, Manager is going to get you a ride to ensure your safety."

"Right. I'll make sure to thank him." You say unsure of how to respond but not quite wanting him to leave.

"Yeah, but um, I'll see you next lesson. Is there anything I need to prepare orrrr...?"

"Nope, not that I can think of. I'll update you if anything changes. You have my email, and you can find my number through the company- wait. I have a business card for this. Hold on, I'm not thinking." You rummage through your pocket as Jungkook lets out a quiet and brief laugh at your blindness. You find the card and hand it to him. "Here. Everything you need to contact me is right there."

"Okay! I look forward to our next lesson, Teacher." He says as he accepts the card.

"Likewise, JK."

"Um, sorry to break things up guys. However, Jungkook, you're going to be late for the demo recording."

"Oh you're right! Sorry to end our conversation suddenly, Teacher." He turns over to Sejin. "Um Manager, is her ride here?" You look over past Jungkook at Sejin, who's eyes widen. "You forgot to call and ask the staff to take her home, didn't you?"

Sejin blushes. "What? Psssh, of course not. I'm not irresponsible. But um, can you wait here for a second? I need to make a cal- I mean go to the bathroom. So just 'wait' as you guys say in English. Be right back." He winks at you then dashes out of the library but you can faintly hear him dialing a number and talking on the phone. Jungkook then turns back to you.

"So I guess our conversation isn't being cut short. Hmm where were we?" He asks, raising an eyebrow, subsequently making your stomach do flips.

You look around the room then down at your feet. "Uh yeah, we were expressing our excitement about our next lesson."

"Right," Jungkook looks off for a second then looks back to you. "Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to place my burdens on you about learning English. I didn't mean to worry you or anything I just really wanted to, I don't know, I guess get it off my chest."

"Oh my gosh. Don't worry about it at all. I'm glad that you're so passionate and caring about the topic. Your openness is very appreciated. I usually get really snobby Korean kids who are being forced by their rich parents to take English lessons and in turn, I've to deal with their attitudes. I'm happy to have gotten a nice person like you." You say.

"Ah, really? Thank you. Ugh, it seems like I'm saying sorry, and thank you a lot and not giving anything in return. Is there anything I can do to repay you?"

"Oh no! You DON'T have to feel obligated to do anything for me. I'm really just doing my job." Although you initially were upset that you had to stay out later than usual, you were actually enjoying being out with him. Jungkook wasn't one of those celebrities that appear like angels to the public and are actual demons in reality. He was genuine in real life as well. His enticing eyes, gorgeous smile, messy hair and passion gave your stomach butterflies.

"Well, the least I could do is be on time. I was unfortunately having to detour quite a bit due to some p a s s i o n a t e fans. That's what we'll call them."

"Right, I think that would help too. But I understand. You're a celebrity- one of quite high status, so it's expected."

"Thank you for being so understanding. Whoops I'm doing it again. See? I really need to repay you." He says, covering his ears that are seemingly becoming red.

"No, really. There's no need." You say shaking your head. Jungkook looks you in the eyes for a little bit and smiles.

"Hmph. You know, you're a really cool person?"
He says while maintaining eye contact. You let out a small laugh. "Hey, how about I treat you to-"

"JUNGKOOK WE HAVE TO GO NOW!!!" Sejin announces, suddenly appearing in the library.

"But I was just-" Jungkook sputters.

"No, seriously Jungkook. We think that some fans might've just found us." Sejin rushes out his words. Sejin then turns to you and says "You're ride is here. Tell him your destination, and no tip needed. We'll contact you with any new updates if need be. But we've got to go. My apologies for the sudden news. Take the emergency exit and your ride will be waiting there." He turns back to Jungkook. "Mr. Jeon, let's get moving!" Sejin turns and walks out of the library and stands by the entrance, waiting for Jungkook, who turns to you.

"Welp. Looks like I've got to go, sorry. But I was trying to say, how about I treat you to-"

"JUNGKOOK, LET'S GO!" Sejin yells back into the library.

Jungkook looks down and sighs, laughing to himself a bit. "You know what? I'll ask later."

"Alright JK. Goodnight! Hurry before you're yelled at again." You say.

"Okay! Have a good night, Teacher." Jungkook says as he walks toward the door waving at you.
You wave back, smiling at him and before you know it, he's out the door. And just like that, you're left with a new lesson to plan, and a student to get out of your head. You laugh to yourself just thinking about it- damn Jungkook and his irresistible charm.

A/N: Would you look at that! You finished the second part! This chapter was kinda boring I'm not gonna lie, but it was necessary to build the storyline. Anyway just wanted to say that it may seem awkward how he just calls y/n Teacher and calls Sejin but that's actually a common way that Koreans address people with certain titles so don't be weirded out! So with that, thank you for reading! Keep reading! Things are about to get good (I think. I'm re-reading as I put these author notes lol), and I'd love for you to be present for it. Please vote, comment, and share! Have a good day/evening/night and remember you're loved!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

89.7K 2.9K 24
Let's take it back to High School but in Seoul! A 16 year old girl who currently is a Junior in high school, your studies and family is the most impo...
10.6K 1.2K 14
: ̗̀➛ Y/n, a fresh out of college graduate, encounters an amazing job opportunity to work as a personal assistant for a high profile client of Seoul...
48.7K 1.7K 19
Short story. (It's really not that short.) ... "Help me just this once, Y/n...please," Jungkook begs me, practically getting on his knees and claspi...
127K 9.8K 35
"GO FUCK YOURSELF DUMBFUCK!" "NOT IF YOU FUCK ME FIRST!" .... "What?" "-What?" ❖ An aspiring, young manga artist starts to find inspiration for her v...