The Business Engagement

By hellyjellybean

Rey knows one thing for sure, Ben Solo is a pig. His messy desk drives her to distraction until she decides t... More

Chapter 1 - A Messy Desk Leads to a messy situation
The Proposal
Dinner with the Solo's
Rules of Engagement
Dangerous Liasons
While you were sleeping...
If its not one thing, its your mother...
The 'fake' engagement party
It started with a kiss
Tell me no lies
A very real ending
💗An Extra Happy Ending 💗

Where the lost things go...

1.1K 38 21
By hellyjellybean

When Rey woke up the next day, she was mortified to discover that she had fallen asleep. This wasn't the night of seduction she had planned! She looked at Ben who was still dozing. Maybe she could recapture some of the magic from last night? She leaned over and tickled his nose.

Yes, this could work. In her imagination, Ben would wake up, scrunch up his nose in an adorable way, and grab her as he playfully scolded her for waking him. Then they would laugh and laugh and then they would kiss, perfect!

Except that's not what happened... Ben felt something touch his nose and immediately sent a heavy hunk of arm flying at Rey sending her hurtling back over to her side of the bed.

'Ouch!' She exclaimed.

Ben looked at her with sleepy eyes then horrified ones as he realised what had happened.

'Oh god! Rey! I'm so sorry, I thought you were a fly,' He said as he sat up.

'Well that's a lovely compliment,' Rey muttered, rubbing her cheek.

It didn't really hurt, but Ben needed to suffer.

Looking very guilty, Ben knelt on the bed and gently pulled her hand away from her cheek, replacing it with his own.

'I'm used to sleeping alone.' He confessed.

Now that was interesting, and surprising considering how many girlfriends were floating around in Ben's past. Rey was pleased that she was the only one he chose to share his bed with. But she wasn't ready to forgive him for clobbering her, just yet.

'Maybe I should go back to my own room.' she halfheartedly suggested.

'No! I...I like having you here.' Ben said with a boyish look.

The comment warmed her heart. Rey stopped giving Ben a hard time and forgave him.

'Okay, I'll stay.'

Ben smiled at her gratefully.

'Come on.' Ben said getting out of bed and offering her his hand.

'I think I owe you some apology pancakes.'

Rey grinned and forgave him a second time.

**********

The morning passed slowly for Rey. Ben was occupied with meetings, so Rey had to entertain herself. She used her time efficiently to doodle 'Mrs Rey Solo' over and over again on her notepad trying to decide on the best signature.

Rey looked at the ring on her hand. If Ben asked her. Really asked her. Would she say yes?

'Hey,' Ben said appearing suddenly before her desk.

Rey jumped and guiltily put her hands to her sides.

'Hi,' She said nervously.

'You busy?'

'Not really.'

'Want to go get some food?'

'Always.'

**********

Ben took Rey out to dinner at one of the best restaurants in town. He said it was to apologise again for the morning's events. Rey decided she liked Ben's apologies as they always seemed to involve food.

They spent two hours in the restaurant laughing and mock fighting and drinking way too much. When they returned to the office, Rey was in a flirty mood.

Maybe this was where their first kiss would be...here in the office. She thought as she haphazardly stapled some documents. That could be quite fitting as it's where they first met. Maybe she could just crash through his office doors and throw herself at him. Would he like that? Or would he be horrified?

'Rey can you come in here please?' Ben said over the intercom. Well that was clearly a sign.

It's go time.

As Rey walked into Ben's office, she imagined them going at it like bunny rabbits on his desk. Maybe after she had cleaned it up a bit first though...

She smiled sweetly as she entered the office and sat down in the chair opposite Ben.

'Rey it's time we talked.'

'I couldn't agree more.' Rey said looking him over from head to toe. Ben didn't notice her leering.

'There's something I've been meaning to tell you...'

Ben sounded serious and Rey sobered up.

'Okay.' She replied carefully.

'Mr Solo, I must insist upon you seeing me.' Mr Hux announced as he strode into the room.

Urgh. Thanks for the cold shower, Hux!

'Not now, Hux,' Ben said through gritted teeth.

Yeah, go away!

'Yes now. You have to stop avoiding me. We must discuss this...matter,' Hux looked at Rey.

Was Hux aware of their engagement? Was she the 'matter' they had to discuss?

'You can leave,' Hux said, looking down at Rey.

Okay, before she was mildly insulted but now, she was downright mad. Rey stood up and jutted her chin out at Hux.

'Anything you have to say to Ben, you can say in front of me, his future wife.'

Hux looked livid, but not at all surprised.

'Ben could you please explain that this particular information is for your ears only?' Hux pressed.

'No. Anything you have to say, you can say in front of Rey. We don't have any secrets from each other, do we darling?'

'No darling.' Rey agreed beaming at him.

You just earned yourself some major bonus points, Mister!

Hux's nostrils flared.

'I'll come back at a more... convenient time,' he mumbled before exiting.

'What was that about?' Rey asked.

'Nothing. Hux is an asshole but he isn't the problem. He's just the messenger.'

'Who is the problem?' Rey asked.

'You don't need to worry about that,' Ben said.

'I thought we didn't have any secrets from each other, darling,' Rey said, throwing his own words back to him.

'Maybe it's best you're kept in the dark about this Rey.' Ben said. He looked so sad...

Rey stepped towards his desk, ''Look Ben at first this was just a stupid deal, but now, well...I care about you. I want to be...your friend. I want to help if I can. So maybe you don't have to stay in the dark alone, maybe I can join you there.'

Ben looked pensive.

'I'll think about it,' he said.

Rey smiled. Her wine-induced confidence started to wear off, and she suddenly felt very tired. She stifled a yawn.

'I think that's enough work for today,' Ben announced. 'Let's go home.'

**********

'Why do you never drive?' Rey asked when they were once again situated in a luxurious hire car on their way home.

Ben sat in quite a relaxed position, and Rey noted his arm had crept along the back of the seat and now lay tantalisingly close to her shoulders and neck.

'I don't need to,' Ben said with a shrug.

Rey rolled her eyes.

'What?' Ben asked.

'Oh, how the other half live!' Rey exclaimed and Ben laughed.

'So what's it like being on this side of the fence?' Ben said cocking his head to the side.

'Truthfully? It's overwhelming...mostly in a good way.'

'I get that,' Ben said with a nod.

Rey took a chance and lay her head back so that it touched Ben's arm. He didn't move it away.

Feeling brave, Rey tried once again to get Ben to open up.

'Ben, there is more to this engagement then you've told me, isn't there?'

'Yes.'

Rey almost fell off her seat. A straight answer!

Woah.

'Are you going to tell me what the other reason for you wanting me to act as your fiancé is?'

'I...I don't want to scare you.'

Oh god....

Ben had feelings for her! That had to be it! He was afraid she didn't feel the same way, but she did, so this was all working out perfectly.

Rey told herself to calm down and proceeded with caution.

'I don't scare easily,' She said encouragingly.

Ben looked at her and she felt her heart jolt in her chest. How had she never noticed before how wonderfully soulful Ben's eyes were? Couldn't he tell how she felt when he looked at her that way?

Ben took her bejewelled hand in his, and brought it slowly to his lips pressing a soft kiss just below the ring. Rey lit up inside at his touch.

Ben didn't say anything else, but he didn't have to. The kiss had answered Rey's question and given her enough to think about. She anticipated bedtime with the eagerness of a child on Christmas Eve.

**********

Rey was bitterly disappointed to find out that Ben has to leave to have drinks with some clients almost as soon as they got home.

'Why didn't you mention this sooner?' She asked.

'I told you, I forgot about it. You were the one who scheduled it in my diary. I should be mad at you!' Ben retorted as he straightened his tie.

Damn it. She couldn't argue with that.

'Fine,' she huffed.

'I won't be too late,' he promised. He headed for the door then stopped. Without a word he turned around and kissed Rey's cheek gently. Then left.

Rey sat at the breakfast bar in stunned silence. She placed her hand on the cheek he had kissed. The skin was warm. She jumped off her chair. She had some prep work to do before Ben came home, and if all went to plan, tonight would be the night their relationship would go from fake to very, very real.

**********

'Rey?' Ben called.

'I'm in bed,' Rey returned excitedly.

Rey had spent the best part of two hours preening and preparing herself for what she hoped was going to be a night of delightful debauchery.

She was spread out on the bed in what she hoped was a seductive pose, when Ben came stumbling through the door smelling like a brewery.

Brilliant.

He looked down at her and blinked rapidly.

'That's very...frilly...' he said pointing to her new coral green silk chemise.

'Actually these are ruffles not frills,' Rey said. She folded her arms over her chest and lifted an eyebrow at him.

'How many drinks have you had?'

'I don't know-s,' Ben slurred, 'I lost count at ten-ty.'

Tenty? Was that ten or twenty? Rey split the difference and guessed around fifteen.

She sighed. Her plans for the evening would obviously have to be put on hold. Okay, she would be Ben's nursemaid if that's what he needed right now.

'Right! Let's get you ready for bed,' She said, hopping down and walking towards Ben.

Ben took a step back.

'I can do it,' he insisted.

'You can't! You can barely stand up!'

'I don't need to stand, I can take my cloths, my clothes off sitting down,' Ben said proudly.

'Wow. Okay, you've convinced me that you don't need my help. Go ahead.'

Ben sit gingerly on the bed and stared down at his shoes. He swayed back and forth a few times then looked at Rey.

'Maybe you could just take off my shoes?'

Rey sighed and kneeled down to take off both of Ben's shoes. She placed them neatly to the side. She stood up and nudged his thighs apart with one knee. Stepping between his open legs, she loosened his tie. Ben didn't protest, so she pulled his tie over his head then started to unbutton his shirt. Her pulse sped up with each additional inch of chest she uncovered as she worked her way down to his navel. She untucked his shirt and finished the last of the buttons, then undid each cuff in turn. Ben watched her is silence. Rey felt his eyes on her. It hadn't escaped her attention that her breasts were practically thrusting themselves into his mouth as she worked.

Okay, stay calm. Maybe he hasn't noticed? Yeah right...

Rey slowly peeled the shirt down Ben's arms running her hands lightly over his skin as she did so, and threw it into the nearby laundry hamper.

She hoped Ben couldn't hear her heart as it thumped erratically in her chest.

She turned back to Ben and glanced down at his belt buckle.

GULP.

'Do you want me to...' she trailed off.

Ben looked up at her. She watched his adam's apple bob violently as he swallowed with some difficulty. He looked very pale. He nodded languidly in response to her question.

Rey's hands shook as she undid Ben's belt and pulled it free in one, long motion. She took a breath before reaching once more for his crotch.

You can do this...it's just a button and a zipper for goodness sake...it's not exactly brain surgery!

She undid the button and pulled down his zip.

DOUBLE GULP.

Rey had looked at Ben's...'package' before, of course she had, but there was a difference between looking and having it proudly appear before her mere millimeters from her outstretched fingers. He was big and it was obvious he was very clearly aroused. His boxer shorts strained to contain him.

Rey considered her options...she could act shy and move aside, or she could act boldly and rip off his underwear, or...

'Rey, your finger...' Ben slurred, distracting her from her thoughts.

Rey looked down at her hand. The ring! The ring wasn't on her finger! She looked at the floor around them. It was nowhere to be seen. She looked at Ben in horror. Ben looked back at her with a faraway expression. Then his eyes suddenly rolled back into his head and he collapsed onto the bed.

'Ben?' BEN?'

Ben was unresponsive but thankfully snoring loudly.

With Ben out of the way, Rey dropped to her hands and knees and desperately searched the floor for the ring. She searched the bathroom next and then the bed and finally found the ring under her pillow. She stared at the large blue gemstone.

'You instigated this whole thing and now you abandon me when I need you most?' She hissed.

She knew it was irrational to be mad at an inanimate object, but she couldn't help it.

How had it come off? She had no idea. She quickly put it back onto her finger. Panic filled her. There was nothing to hold her to her deal with Ben now. She could walk away. But where would she go? Ben still hadn't giving her the all clear to return to her apartment, and then there was the bigger issue. She didn't want to go. If she left, everything would go back to the way it was and she couldn't go back now. She wanted to move forward, with Ben. If Ben knew the ring was no longer stuck on her finger would he call off their deal? She didn't want to take the risk.

Rey paced the floor. Maybe Ben wouldn't remember what he had seen? He was pretty wasted. Maybe she could just act like it hadn't happened. Rey glanced at Ben. She decided she really should finish the job she had started and get him safely into bed. She pulled his trousers off completely and manoeuvred him into bed almost giving herself a hernia in the process. She pulled the duvet over him and turned out the light.

Rey climbed into bed next to Ben and placed a swift kiss on his forehead.

'Don't make me regret this,' she whispered to him, as she snuggled down beside him and waited for sleep to claim her.

**********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864 154 28
Rey is a hardworking young woman working in New York. When issues occur with her VISA, she pretends that her assistant, Ben Solo, is her fiancé, bein...
26.1K 889 15
COMPLETE!!! An Episode IX Reylo fan fiction. Five years after the events of The Last Jedi, Rey is a beacon of hope for those who are Force sensitive...
22.4K 748 19
*inspired by My Big Fat Greek Wedding* Ben Solo and Rey Kenobi have the perfect little life . A cute tabby named BB-8 , jobs of their dreams , an apa...
86.3K 2.3K 37
Following the events after The Last Jedi. "Just a dream, it was just a dream," she says aloud attempting to calm herself, but the feeling doesn't dis...