Balance - The Mandalorian {on...

By FuzzyElf

There is just the Force. Angela Hailyn saw it both in many ways. The Dark and the Light. She saw order 66... More

Balance
Chapter One: Tatooine
Chapter Two: The Bounty Hunter
Chapter Three: The Mandalorian
Chapter Four: Fennec Shand
Chapter Six: The Heist
Chapter Seven: The Ambush
Chapter Eight: Together
Chapter Nine: Nevarro
Chapter Ten: The Empire
Chapter Eleven: Moff Gideon
Chapter Twelve: The Armorer
Chapter Thirteen: The End?
Season 2
Chapter One: The Journey Begins
Chapter Two: Mos Pelgos
A Little Info

Chapter Five: The Child

2.6K 77 24
By FuzzyElf

Tatooine.

Coming back to her senses, Angela sits up grabbing her weapons putting them back in place. Rising up slowly she let out a grunt, how didn't she see that coming? She expected him to kill her, not tranquillise her. Being away from fight so long let her become too careless. 

Fennec Shand was dead for sure, now she needed to hope that the last speeder-bike left was still functioning. To her luck it wasn't and repairing it would need hours maybe even a day.  

But her distress was heard upon, not far in the distance she saw a man in shining armor riding a Dewback her way. 

"She's dead Mandalorian. the young Calican shot her." Taking her bag from her bike she nears him. 

"Where did he go? And why didn't he kill you?" Shielding her eyes from the suns she put her head back, peering up at him. 

"I'm not important, he thinks I wouldn't tell, I believe he pitied me... He wants your child, the target. And you. He thinks he'll become a legend if he gets you." He only nodded. 

"Come on. We need to go." He reached out a hand, which she gladly took making herself comfortable behind him on the Dewback.

*~*

It was still night as they returned to Mos Eisley, leaving the Dewback behind, they made their way to the docking bay 35. Blasters in hand, they carefully reached a door. 

Lifting his arm, the Mandalorian turns to the woman behind him "Stay here." Not going to argue with him, she leans in the entryway, able to see if things go wrong. 

Clattering of three droids catched her attention as they run in panic,her eyes following them till she couldn't see them anymore.

"Took you long enough, Mando." The ramp to his ship was down and out walked Toro with a blaster pointed at the female mechanic they met earlier, the child hold firm in his other arm. 

"Looks like I'm calling the shots now. Huh, partner? Drop your blaster and raise'em." The Mandalorian did as told, knowing that the red head was still cloaked by the shadows, ready to shoot. "Cuff him." 

Angela waited for a good opportunity to shoot, as the mechanic walked to the Mandalorian. "You're a Guild traitor, Mando. And I'm willing to bet that this here is the target you helped escape. Fennec was right. Bringing you in won't just make me a member of the Guild, it'll make me legendary." 

As Toro talked, Angela sneaked along the walls, hiding behind a box, ready to shoot, she sees the Mandalorian holding something in his hands, showing it so vividly to the women behind him as if to give them a signal. 

Not knowing what it would do, she kept her blaster steady on Toro and her head down. Just seconds later a white light emitted out of it, blending everyone who looked into it. 

Looking back up she took her shot, hitting Toro in the chest, leaving him to fall off the ramp. Staying up, she walked to his body. "Stay back." 

The Mandalorian had his weapon still in hand as the mechanic squeezed herself past them. "Gotta get it." 

Kneeling down beside the corpse Angela made sure he was dead, checking his pulse. 

"Where is it?" Cooing and bubbling came from their side as the child emerged from his hiding spot. A smile grazed Angela's lips, seeing it entirely with it's big doe eyes and pointed ears. 

A rather familiar face she hadn't seen since she was a child herself.

"There you are. Are you hiding from us? Huh? Look at you. That's alright. I know. That was really loud for your big old ears, wasn't it?" Angela watched her cradling the child in her arms till the man took it from the mechanic. "Be careful with him. So, I take it you didn't get paid?" 

Holding up a bag he dumped the contents in the mechanics hands. "That cover me?" A look of astonishment crossed her face. "Yeah. Yes, this is gonna cover you." 

The child now in his arms, he turned to Angela, the woman appeared deeply disappointed. "I owe you." 

Looking away from Toros corpse she smiled at him and the child in his arms. This was her chance, she had nothing holding her on this planet anyway. 

"There's one thing. I've been on this planet far too long, nothing holds me here. So,.. maybe, you could need some help? And don't worry, I'm a thinker not a talker." she stated staring hopefully at him. 

"Well, you helped were you could've left easily, getting yourself in danger for us. But you handled it surprisingly well... Help could be useful. Still doesn't mean I trust you."

 Chuckling, she looked down, hands on her hips as she shrugged looking back up. "Well wise men once said: trust goes both ways. So let's keep a little optimism here." 

Turning around he walks up the ramp. "Come on." Giving the mechanic a wave in  goodbye, she walked into the Razor Crest for the first time. 

"All right, Pit Droids! Let's drag this outta here!" fainting beeps passed her ears before she disappeared entirely. "I don't know, drag it to Beggar's Canyon."

Sitting down in the Co-pilots seat, Angela takes one last longing look at Mos Eisley as they raise into the sky, then peering at the man beside her, he has his arm firmly around the little green child. 

"How did you find each other?" Her voice travelled trough the cockpit, laced with interest. 

"He was a target, found him on another sand planet." Staring straight, she fiddled with the Necklace hanging loosely around her neck. 

"You saved him. Never met a Bounty hunter that would risk that, not even for a child...a baby. Why did you risk it?" 

Flying the ship trough the darkness of space, he fixed his gaze on the woman, illuminated by the lights of the Razor Crest. Her hair glowing like a wild flame, too dangerous to touch.

"It felt wrong leaving him there. It was the right thing to do." Gazing at each other she smiled, it never reaching her eyes, glazed with sadness. She is strong but life was exhausting her. 

"You're a good man by heart, Mandalorian. You are no father, still you seem to handle him really good." 

The child cooed softly as it looked up at her. "Are you?... A mother?" Squishing the crystal on her necklace even harder, she kept her eyes fixed on the child, her voice quiet, laced with pain and sadness he couldn't know of. "I was, once, but she died long ago, she was too sick..." 

"I'm sorry." Shaking her head, she turned to him. "Don't be sorry over things you can't control, their not your fault. but time,.. it's everything we have, and don't." She said, losing herself in wisdom of her words, realising that the truth brought sadness.

After a few seconds he turned back to flying. "What about her father?" He his voice was gentle and careful the entire time, pastering were he shouldn't but to proud not to do it. 

A lonely tear rolled down her face, thinking about her first love and their only daughter. 

"He never met her, he never knew, he died a hero before he could. But that was once and now I don't let my past, or my pain consume me. For now I'm alone in this world... What about you Mando? Are you alone in this world?" 

Looking down at the child, softly cooing in his lap and back up at her, he nodded, his voice stady in the beginning but fading into uncertainty at the meaning behind of what he spoke.

"As long as I remember. But, things... they, they seem to change."

.......................................

Edited: 24/11/20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397 23 11
Din Djarin must defend the child against dark Force wielders who would gladly take the little one off his hands. He will have to decide whether to tr...
86.3K 2.3K 37
Following the events after The Last Jedi. "Just a dream, it was just a dream," she says aloud attempting to calm herself, but the feeling doesn't dis...
188K 6.5K 49
"You have me. Until every star in the galaxy dies, Din Djarin, You have me." ---- Jeyna Ryn comes from a long line of fierce Mandalorian warriors, a...