One More Night || kidge au

eravicis

kidge au. It was almost a mistake. Almost. But it was enough and now Keith and Pidge have to pay for the cons... Еще

Surprising End
Key to Truth and Lies
When It's Too Late
Strained
Consequences
Burned
Damaged
Space
Just a Word
Close
Just a Dream
Acceptance
Slowly
Find You
Alt. Ending: You Trust
Alt. Ending: You Choose the Knife

Together

244 10 0
eravicis

Pidge wasn't surprised that even after that quiet plea in the car, Matt didn't have the heart in him to tell them about the police's involvement. Later, after the movie and when they were lounging around on the beach building sandcastles and burying Hunk and Shiro in the sand, Matt sat down next to Pidge while everyone else was off playing in the water with a frisbee.

"I'll tell you that the brakes cut with a purpose," Matt had stated quietly. His gaze was watching the others splash each other instead of using the Frisbee. Keith shook his head, and Lance immediately took a bucket that they were using for sandcastles earlier and dumped water on the other. With a scowl, he immediately took the Frisbee he was holding to make a big splash at him in return.

"Yeah, I kinda figured that out when you were trying not to panic when we were going at fifty-five miles per hour," Pidge had retorted. But her voice softened, so she didn't sound so harsh. "What else is there?"

"Not much else," Matt said with a shrug. "They asked me a bunch of questions about the people that we know and if it was possible if anyone could hold a grudge against us."

"And this can't be shared with everyone else?"

Matt shook his head. "I would, but it'd spoil the vacation. They'd ask questions, bounce theories, and probably forget the fact we're on vacation. Lance, Hunk, and Keith took time off work so they could specifically come out here. Shiro has to work and train the moment he gets back and Allura has this huge corporate thing she needs to attend before the semester starts again."

Pidge could see his point. With how everyone was, there was no doubt in her mind they'd forget everything to make sure that both of them were safe and would root out every scenario before they'd let themselves relax again. And as much as she had her questions to ask, she knew that this was the calm before the storm and the only sense of peace that any of them would have before the next semester of school rolled around.

Matt was right, in the end, as much as she hated to admit it, but that didn't mean she'd keep her mouth shut when someone finally wanted the same kind of answers she wanted.

While there was an underlying tension of questions that demanded answers, they tried to push past the issue and have fun while they could. And for the most part, it worked.

It wasn't until they were packing and had to use a rental car that Allura finally had enough. Since, for the most part, Pidge had kept relatively quiet about the whole situation.

"Alright, spill," Allura demanded the moment they were all standing outside and preparing to get into their cars.

"Allura, this—" Shiro tried to stop her.

"No, I need to know what kind of mess we're getting into." She crossed her arms. "This silence and waiting it out and finding out when we get back is ridiculous. Why were the police asking us questions about your car accident?"

Keith stopped packing the car to turn and lean against the car. Pidge stood just off to the side of him and sighed.

"I want to know before we drive off in our cars that could be endangering all of us."

Matt shook his head. "Hunk, Keith, and I went over every inch of all the cars, and they're—"

"We might as well talk about it, Matt," Pidge said. "If they know, it might just be easier for us."

Matt pinched the bridge of his nose before looking up at the sky. He straightened and placed his hands on his hips. "You asked for this, Allura, but I don't think any of you will be happy with what I've been trying to avoid since we're still on vacation."

"At this point, I don't think we care so much," Lance pointed out. "I mean, yeah, it's great that you're caring about us and our time off from whatever it is we have in our lives, but this is more important than that. It's you guys."

"Well, out with it—we're all dying to know," Coran said.

Matt exchanged a glance with Pidge and Shiro before sighing again with a look of "why me" written all over it.

For the next ten minutes, Matt explained in a quick—but as detailed—account of what happened. He recounted how the police came to him when he woke up and they had informed him of the brake lines being cut with a sharp object and with intent. After Matt had told them that neither he nor Pidge had any knowledge of anyone who would hold a grudge or have any motive against them, the police would apprise them if they had any other developments.

"And that's why you had to spend an hour looking over the cars?" Lance surmised.

Hunk crossed his arms. "Which is understandable, given what had happened already."

"But that doesn't change anything." Shiro shook his head. "Until they can find out more information—" Pidge was certain that Shiro was trying to become a cop himself, "—in their investigation, whatever it may be, there's nothing we can do but wait."

Even though he was saying one thing, his clenched hands and grim line of his mouth said another. Pidge knew he was just as frustrated as everyone else with the news that the brake lines had cut with intent for murder. He wanted to investigate the situation himself, but without the actual ability to do so, he's left with feeling as though they were children playing a game of detective.

And it was on that note that they drove home.

They were all dropped off and headed to the respective homes that they wouldn't see each other for another few days as they unpacked and cleaned.

July 20XX

Allura (11:58 AM): I can't quite help thinking...

Hunk (11:59 AM): As incredible as it would be for us to figure out who and why this person is threatening out friends, we can't do much without bordering on illegal.

Hunk (11:59 AM): *our

Hunk (12:00 PM): No, it'd be illegal. So no!

Allura (12:00 PM): Hear me out!

Pidge quickly typed out her reply, curious as to what theories Allura had.

Me (12:01 PM): Go for it.

She set her phone to the side and waited for the vibration of her phone to inform her of the verbose text message she would be getting from Allura. Begrudgingly, Pidge was texting her friends while in bed and was contemplating on some more sleep before she decided that some of her favorite games were in need of some playing. As she predicted, her phone pinged it's receiving a text.

Allura (12:05 PM): So, since we've been back, we couldn't think of who would potentially be a person that would have the necessary motive to hurt either Matt or Pidge, correct?

Matt (12:06 PM): I feel like you thought of someone.

Shiro (12:06 PM): I've come to the same conclusion, but it's an assumption without evidence.

Keith (12:06 PM): And who would that be?

Allura (12:07 PM): That boy that Pidge briefly dated wasn't happy with how they broke up, yes?

Shiro (12:08 PM): No, but it's a bold leap from possibly violent to murder.

Lance (12:09 PM): Why'd you think of him anyway?

Allura (12:10 PM): I'll have to explain why so when everyone's together again for our usual game night, I'll say it then.

Pidge sighed and flopped back into bed. Leave it to Allura to hold the suspense. With another sigh, she skimmed through her phone's texts and paused when she spotted Keith's thread. Remembering how it felt to have his hand on her abdomen, finding out that Keith was okay with the idea that she was keeping the baby, made her eyes rapidly blink.

Instead of merely just texting him, she impulsively called him.

He picked up on the fourth ring.

"This is Keith, go," he greeted, sounding a little out of breath.

"Hey," she said with a small smile.

There was a small moment of registering her voice that she could hear in the silence that followed. When Keith spoke, it sounded almost softer than she had ever heard him before. "Hey, Pidge, what's up?"

"Nothing really, but what are you doing? You sound out of breath."

"Was trying to put together the engine that my shop's been working on for the last couple of weeks." He sounded annoyed, and she snickered. "They needed my help for the last bit, so they left it untouched while I was gone." Pidge could see him rolling his eyes.

"So now you're stuck doing it?"

"Yeah, as much as I want to do anything else but this," he grunted, sounding as though he was moving something. "But what's up? You normally don't call, not to say that you don't call a lot or anything, but..."

"I just wanted to hear your voice. We haven't had the time for us to spend time together since the vacation."

There was a brief pause of silence before Keith spoke again. "I see," he chuckled. "I see you're resting well enough. How're you feeling?"

"Better, nowhere as sore as before, but better." Pidge smiled into the phone, enjoying the little small talk they were having. It was nowhere as awkward as when Keith had come back from his run, looking uncertain and wary since their argument. "The baby is fine too, from the sounds of it."

She could hear him inhale sharply in surprise, but he sighed in relief. "Good. Have you gone to see the obstetrician yet?"

"Not yet, and the next opening they had wasn't available for like the next two weeks," Pidge said with the slight shake of her head. She shifted to rolling onto her side, cuddling a pillow close to her chest. She was waiting to ask him this from the moment she had discovered she was pregnant. "Did you want to come with me?"

There was a long pause that followed, and then he spoke, his voice sounding bewildered. "Yeah, I'll go with you."

"I'll text you the information then. But, Keith," she began softly, feeling apprehensive about the impending conversation she knew she had to have with him, "is this okay? Are you okay with this?"

"Pidge..."

"I know I sprang the news a little differently than how I had planned it, but—"

"We'd talk later, didn't I say?" His voice was painfully soft that Pidge couldn't help her heart from swelling in affection. "How about I meet you at my apartment after I get off, we'll have dinner together, and talk? I know we've meant to since we've gotten back, but we haven't been able to. I spent the last few days thinking about you and what I wanted to say."

God, thank goodness no one could see her blushing. "Same here." Pidge sat back up, combing a hand through her hair. She placed a hand on her hot cheeks. "Then, are we okay?"

He chuckled. "We're more than okay, Pidge. Do you think we're okay?"

"More than okay," she agreed. "So, whatcha' gonna get me for dinner?"

"You'll just have to wait and see, won't you?" Keith sounded amused. "But are you craving anything?"

"Oh." That took her by surprise, and she's struggling with the warmth that radiated from her chest. "Um, I don't think—"

He laughed again, and she wasn't sure if she wanted him ever to stop. "No, Pidge, I just meant are you in the mood for anything? Because, cravings aside since I'm sure you'll get them later, I'm down for anything right now."

"Those burgers that one night you got for us was delicious. Can you get those?"

There was a sound he was making that sounded like he was moving stuff around again. There was another voice in the distance that she heard him yell back, "Be right there!"

And then his voice was evident in her ear. "Yeah. I get off at the usual time, so I'll catch you later."

"Looking forward to it!"

Their phone call ended with the sound of Keith chuckling.

To pass the time until she would see Keith, Pidge had gotten everything ready for the school year with her prepared projects and papers. She even worked on some of them before feeling more fatigued than she had expected to and it quickly became evening. While she was in no rush to reach Keith's apartment, she knew that the bike was out of the question when Pidge didn't quite feel as though she was at 100% yet.

"Evening, Pidge." Allura flashed a smile at her before returning her attention to the papers strewn about the dining and breakfast table. She took the pen she was using and touched the top to her forehead in thought.

Pidge paused briefly from heading out. "Is that work from work?"

"Yes, it is," Allura answered absently.

"I'm heading out."

"Alright, I'll see you later then."

Whatever it was that Allura was working on was severe if she was as focused as she was. "Allura."

"Call me if anything happens."

"Allura."

"I'm not leaving for anywhere tonight, so I'll be available if you need me."

"Allura." Pidge sat down in front of her with her arms crossed and a raised brow. "What are you reading that has all of your attention?" She peered over at the papers, spying familiar names she didn't expect to see.

She frowned.

"Rick? What—"

"Oh, Pidge, I was going to share these with everyone tomorrow for game night," Allura resigned, not bothering to hide the papers in front of her. She rubbed her temples with her fingertips in a circular motion. "It's as Shiro said and it's frustrating."

Pidge crossed her arms and leaned forward on her elbows. "And you're trying to find ways to prove that he's wrong?"

"In a way, yes, but not so much as to prove him wrong, but more in the lines of trying to find who it was that had done such a terrible thing to you and Matt." She groaned. "I wanted to keep these hypotheses until tomorrow night and hear everyone's thoughts, but I'm debunking my theories myself before I even present them."

"Allura, that's what they are, theories. So even if you're wrong, telling us your thoughts doesn't necessarily mean it's right or wrong. Especially when we're trying to figure out motives." Though Pidge doubted that they would get anywhere too far, they were civilians, and this was sounding a little out of their scope of abilities.

"So I thought this was work from work, but it's looking more like you're worried about this more than I am," Pidge said, glancing over the papers in front of Allura without reaching for a single sheet. She frowned, her lips pulled tight into a thin line. "I know this is something that is worth worrying about but trying to find someone that might be a danger is as dangerous as looking through wolves' clothing to find only a sheep."

Allura leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms. "I'm surprised you're not more worried."

Pidge knew she should be, but what could she do? Hack into the police's database and see if she can do the investigation herself? She could, but as Hunk said before, it'd be illegal, and as much as it'd be great to go ahead and do so, she wasn't willing to risk that much of her future. At the thought, she shifted to sitting properly and pressed a hand to her abdomen — their future, not just her future anymore.

"There's nothing we can do without us hiring private investigators ourselves," Pidge shrugged. "And besides, with Shiro already training to become an officer, maybe he'd help."

Allura held a hand to her chin in thought. "Perhaps," she sighed. "Alright, I'll push these aside for now and worry about actual work. I want to make sure my friends are safe."

Pidge nodded, her hand tightening around her abdomen. For the unborn child in her abdomen, she couldn't risk it. She couldn't. Still, she reached forward to grab ahold of Allura's other hand. Allura lifted her gaze and shifted to turn her hand to tighten her their grasp. Her lips curled in an appreciation for the gesture.

And then she let go, hefted a deep sigh as if to erase herself of negative thoughts and considerably brightened when she remembered what Pidge was saying minutes ago.

"Oh, you said you were going out. If you don't mind my asking, where are you headed to?"

Pidge fought down the urge to blush, and lost by averting her gaze.

"Oh ho, are you going to see Keith?" Allura said with a smirk.

"Allura, I swear, if you—"

"I won't. But," the young woman's smirk faded, "you and Keith haven't talked about the baby in proper, have you?"

Pidge slowly shook her head. "No, we haven't."

Allura leaned forward, putting a hand on Pidge's shoulder. "It'll be alright, Pidge, I know it'll be okay."

Pidge dropped her gaze to her belly, where her hand was and absently rubbed it. She didn't feel a bump quite yet and remembered the conversation she had earlier with Keith had eased some of her concerns. Still, this was a conversation she wasn't sure of the result and was quite apprehensive.

"Come on, I'll drive you," Allura said, trying to sound cheerful.

"Thanks." And Pidge tried to smile, but her worries were eating her from the inside out. On the drive over, she closed her eyes and remembered the phone call from earlier. Trying to remember how soft his voice was, and the genuine affection she could hear in his tone of voice. How considerate he was when asking what they would like for dinner.

She sighed.

Allura dropped her off right outside of the apartment, and she ascended the stairs. Feeling a bittersweet nostalgia, she remembered that the last time she had been here was after a confrontation that had ended with her giving him the key back. The key was symbolic, she reflected, and couldn't help the blush that overcame her cheeks then. It was as if they were already dating before even all of this had happened.

Pidge covered her face in embarrassment and sighed.

They were idiots, honestly.

That was when the door of the apartment next to Keith's opened and a petite and slender female appeared. She blinked, tilting her head with a small smile.

Pidge blinked.

She was the same height as she was, hair bleached a pale blonde pulled into a single long braid down her back. Fashionably dressed in a cute crop top with an adorable graphic of a unicorn and skinny light blue washed jeans and black ankle boots. With a small black purse slung over her shoulder, nodded her head and was about to leave.

But under her arm was what appeared to be a limited edition—

"Holy crap is that a limited edition run of the Space Adventures of Dexter?!" Pidge exclaimed and then seconds later, her hands clamping over her mouth shut at her words.

The girl smiled. "Yeah, it is."

Pidge removed her hands, eyes wide when the girl didn't seem disturbed by her sudden outburst. "Do-Do you mind if I see it? No, wait, sorry, that's rude of me."

She giggled and held the book out. "You can take a look if you'd like, I don't mind."

When Pidge took the book in her hands, she could hear the angels in the sky singing and her world getting brighter. With her sparkling eyes, she poured over the book before she took the time to pause and turn to the girl. "How-How did you come by this?"

She looked thoughtful. "My family owns a bookstore, and when this was up for pre-orders, they were nice enough to get me a copy."

Bookstores were a rarity, and yet, Pidge could appreciate it to have something like the actual thing in her hand. And it was amazing. The writer was only selling limited runs due to their self-funding, and it went viral that pending next year, would be selling more. For now, only the limited edition first runs all anyone had.

"Is it possible if I could—"

"If you want to borrow it, you can." Her eyes glinted with amusement. "So long as you promise me to take good care of it."

Nodding vigorously, she said, "Oh, I will! Jeezus, I finally get to read this series! Thank you so much!"

"No problem, but, are you out here waiting long?"

Pidge shook her head, precariously sticking the book into her backpack. "I'm just waiting for my bo—"

And then her voice stuttered to a halt. Was Keith her boyfriend at this point?

"Oh, Keith, right?"

Pidge nodded, stumped that she didn't know whether or not she and Keith were officially boyfriend and girlfriend. Labels didn't feel quite right since this whole pregnancy business happened. Maybe if she weren't, then it'd be an entirely different story.

"Keith normally comes home around this time so you should see him soon. Do you want me to stay out here with you?"

"Oh, no, it's okay." Pidge quickly shook her head, trying to grasp for what was her calmness despite being caught off-guard by seeing a pretty girl.

"I don't mind. Pardon my intrusion—my friends are coming to get me anyway." She flashed a smile and moved to sit at the top of the stairs.

It was strange to share the top of the stairs with a girl that she recalled Lance talking about once. It was even more curious to meet someone who was so overly friendly like this. But then, she started the conversation, so it was too late now.

After a moment of contemplation, Pidge slowly sat down beside her and noted the three recognizable silver bangles on her wrists. If she remembered adequately, the girl next to her was a talented classmate who majored in forensics at the university. She was close to graduating, and Lance had commented that it didn't quite match her outward appearance.

"How long you've been here?" Pidge couldn't help but ask after a moment, feeling a pang of jealousy when the words were out in the open. She was pretty, and she'd look perfect next to Keith. The thought quickly shoved itself aside, but the feeling remained.

Pidge honestly thought she was over this.

"Only a few months," she promptly answered. Pidge mentally noted that it was as long as Keith and Pidge had been more or less "seeing" each other. She pulled out her phone and began to text back a reply before locking the screen again. She turned to face Pidge. "He's fortunate to have you as a girlfriend. I mean, that's why you'd be waiting outside of his apartment, right?"

"Gi-Gi-Girl—What?" Flustered and with her head spinning in bewildering surprise, Pidge stammered incoherently. Hearing it come from a stranger was mind-boggling. It was a word she hadn't even become accustomed to, primarily since this was Keith and she hadn't also realized she had feelings for him until just recently.

She giggled. "It's okay, you know, I think you're quite cute together."

Flabbergasted, the girl continued without waiting for Pidge to try and speak.

"I saw you two once when you were coming back from class. I was leaving the apartments, but you were coming back. You had an air about yourselves that just seemed right that you'd be together." She grinned.

The girl's named escaped Pidge. For the life of her, she couldn't remember this amazing girl's name who was showering her in compliments and blowing away what little she had of her insecurities.

She leaned forward on her knees, long hair rolling to the side as she continued to smile. "So I thought you two were together." But then her smile faded. "But then I stopped seeing you coming around, so I wondered if you two argued. It doesn't seem to be the case now since you're back again."

Pidge finally found her voice.

"Yeah, I am," she said with a nod.

"Good," the pretty girl said. "Whenever he's not home, you're welcome to knock on my door, okay? I'm usually home so don't be afraid to do so since this area can be a little sketchy at times. I've seen you around, and I think you're pretty neat."

Neat? Who said that nowadays? Still, the kindness of a stranger who lived next to Keith was... quite something.

"You're Pidge right?"

"Yeah," Pidge said with another blink. Did she say her name at one point? Did Keith? "How did you—"

"You're Matt's sister."

She did a double take. "Wait, you know Matt?"

"I do, he shares a class with me and is my partner in my labs."

"You're partners with Matt? Did you get assigned with him or—?" Pidge couldn't imagine a pretty girl being partners with her brother, especially since he turned into a weirdo once when she brought Allura over. He was fine now, but it was very typical of him whenever a pretty girl was near.

"I am, yes, and he's quite funny."

And she thought he was funny. It was starting to feel surreal.

"And I did, yeah, at the beginning of the semester. I was running late, and Matt was kind enough to take me for a partner."

Pidge couldn't help but think that it was probably a no-brainer for him. At least now, she had ammo to tease her brother with, something that felt like sweet sibling privilege.

"And you look like him, so I'm glad that it was a good guess."

"Yeah, a really good guess," Pidge said with a small smile. "Thanks for being my brother's partner though. I know he can be a little... weird." Matt might want to kill her for saying that to a pretty girl, especially, if he was already talking to her.

"It was my pleasure! And I don't think him any more strange than anyone with unique hobbies, wouldn't you say?" She glanced down at her phone and stood up to standing. They both glanced to the street to see a car and a motorcycle heading down the street toward their location. "Well, my ride is here and it looks like Keith is here. It was nice talking to you."

"Thanks for keeping me company."

The pretty girl grinned and descended the stairs.

"Oh hey! What's your name? Sorry, I didn't catch it."

The young woman turned where she stood on the sidewalk and shouted up, "Jazz!" Afterward, she waved with a smile and headed to a familiar car that pulled up.

Pidge squinted.

Wasn't that Matt's rental car...?

She shifted to standing, moving so that she walked onto Keith's balcony in front of his apartment. While they were four floors up, still, Pidge could tell from the car build and figure out whether or not it was his car. But it was late, and the car only briefly lit up from the interior lighting, and then they were off.

It was another few minutes before Keith ascended the stairs with a bag of food. Keith glanced up from looking through his keys to find Pidge waiting for him. "Oh, hey, sorry I was running a little late. The food kept me a little longer than I thought it would."

"It's cool, Keith," she said with the shake of her head. She rose to stand with her hands in her pockets. "But, uh, have you met your neighbor?"

He found the key for his apartment and slid it into place, unlocking his apartment and flicking on the lights. Once the door was closed behind them, Keith slid off his shoes, dropped off his bag and helmet on an area behind the couch, and went into the kitchen. "Once, when she moved in, but after that, I rarely saw her. Why?" He saw her only once, and she had her hair under a baseball cap, wore a hoodie and jeans and was nice, at the very least. After that, he never really saw her again.

"I met her just now." Pidge moved to sit at the little table set up, where there were papers strewn about it in a sort of disorganized chaos. He pulled the food out from the bags and cleaned the papers off the table and set enough of them off to the side for them to eat.

Once he's pulled the burgers out and set them on plates with napkins and drinks, he sat down across from her. "And this is important because?" Keith didn't find this important, but it felt as though Pidge had a point and he furrowed his brows in confusion. He crossed his arms across his chest and leaned back into the chair.

When she took a moment longer than he expected to respond, he decided to start eating.

She sighed. "I don't know; I guess I just felt jealous that a pretty girl lived next to you and you could've had this cute neighbor romance or something."

Keith tried his best not to choke on his food.

It's when he's finally managed to drink some water from the food that was set out before him that he's incredulous. "No? Why would I? I mean, the one time I saw her when she was moving in was cool and all, but neither of us ever tried to make good friends with each other. You know, aside from checking in for each other's packages when we got an online order, but even then, we just left notes on each other's doors."

Since he didn't have her number, it was the easiest way to communicate with someone who lived near him. And, she always seemed home, so it was easier to leave messages that way than to not trust his neighbor.

Pidge wrinkled her nose.

"Pidge, that was all. I don't—" Keith took a breath, looked down at his hands that he had now set aside the food, and continued, "Look, I told you, since that night at the nightclub, I've never looked at anyone else, but you." His gaze lifted to hers. "I've only wanted you."

It was a confession he hadn't planned on making, but there it was. Keith had planned on something a little more... eloquent than that, but this was what it was.

Only, their mood was interrupted when her stomach chose this as the time to growl loud enough for Keith to hear it. He laughed.

"Let's just eat first and then we'll talk, okay?"

After she gave the nod, they quickly finished their meal, interspersed with a conversation that would tell him of Pidge's day (and his own). Their conversation idled into things that had occurred in the chatroom text message with Hunk and Lance, something that either of them had mentioned that was worth sharing since Keith had been at work all day. Once their meal finished, they settled on the couch and turned the television to some movie that they both had already seen. Pidge popped a candy into her mouth and silently offered one to him, but declined.

He leaned back and tried to ignore that his arm would rest behind Pidge. Were they at that point where he could casually pull her to him? It was a little weird. Especially in consideration of how Pidge had ended up on his lap on vacation with their friends around them, but now that they were in a private setting, he's awkward.

But then, he frowned. What did that make them? Were they officially boyfriend and girlfriend? The very idea of labeling themselves as such felt weird with how far their relationship seemed to have gone.

"Keith."

"Yeah?" Saved by the bell. The one arm that was wondering if it should rest behind Pidge or not was lifted and started scratching the back of his head.

But Pidge's gaze was on the television. It was like the night when they were watching movies with their friends. Keith readjusted himself.

"What are we?"

Keith frowned.

"We're not exactly boyfriend-girlfriend, but we're not friends either," Pidge tried to reason, sounding as though she was more talking aloud that she was talking to him. Still, he crossed his arms in thought. She was right, after all, considering they had scarcely established that they were together on vacation.

"And we haven't changed from how we were before." She shook her head. "What does that mean for our—our—" Instead of saying the word, her hands went to her abdomen.

"It just means they're going to have the both of us," Keith said softly.

Her eyes flit to him in surprise, eyes wide when he spoke those words aloud. He knew he was going to have to one day tell Pidge about his family and how he came to be with Shiro. Still, it was a memory he wished he didn't need to rehash, but for the sake of clarity and for Pidge to understand the gravity of what that unborn child meant to him, he needed to.

"Yeah, they are," Pidge whispered.

His gaze was focused on something irrelevant on his lap, refusing to look at her to see any expression. Talking about his family and reasons was always a complicated emotion he had to navigate, one he had the utmost difficulty. It brought up memories and memories made him... distant.

"Whatever we are, Pidge, we're together, labels notwithstanding," Keith said. He leaned forward onto his knees. "And that's going to be how it works for us." He rubbed the back of his neck with his hands.

Keith lifted his head to Pidge when she shuffled over and wrapped her arms around his torso. Her head moved, nodding, and he couldn't help the curling of his lips.

"Yeah, to me, I think you're more than just a boyfriend," she murmured. "We've been through so much that it doesn't feel right to call ourselves that."

Keith mused that one day, they'd be together in more ways than one, although, the thought of marriage currently terrified him. It wasn't so much the idea of commitment that scared him, but the idea of a future that he can scarcely see beyond next week. Even though he feels as though he nearly lost Pidge in that car accident, and seeing her in such a state made him hurt all over again, was an overwhelming moment and he still needed time to process everything that had happened thus far.

Still, he knew he couldn't lose her.

Pidge snickered. "I guess that means we gotta go on an actual date."

"And who says we aren't on one right now?"

She pulled away enough to smirk, resting her chin on his shoulder. "Oh? So dinner and a movie—" she gestured to the rerun of a movie they've both watched already and returned her arm to wrapping it around him, "—is very romantic."

"You want romantic?" His brows lifted. "I didn't know you're the romantic type."

"Excuse you," Pidge said with a frown. "I can do with some romance too."

He turned in his place to wrap his arms around her torso and lifted her from her place onto his lap. Sometimes, just sometimes, he forgot how petite she truly was until she was in his arms. "Though, I think it's already pretty romantic with us establishing that we're together, just us, and more than just boyfriend and girlfriend." His voice continued to drop as he spoke until it became a low murmur. His one hand lifted to cup her cheek and Pidge blushed. He pressed his forehead against hers, eyes raised to hers.

"Sweet jeezus," she whispered breathlessly and closed her eyes.

Slowly opening her eyes again, her hazel met with the dark violet. Her own hands lifted to his cheeks and cupped them. With a pout, she mumbled, "I don't know how you just spout stuff like that without batting an eye."

He chuckled. "No, I don't think I can, but maybe it's just cause it's you. You make my heart at ease and so nervous, Pidge, even if it's racing like it is right now."

At his words, Pidge seemed to want to confirm them that her right hand slid down to his chest, resting right over his heart.

God, she was so soft in comparison to how he was.

She smelled of the raspberry shampoo she used this morning, the subtle fragrance of the lotion she used to moisturize, and the warmth of her own body teasing his senses. Held in his arms, with her hand on his chest, he wondered if it was possible for his heart to burst. Shyly peering up at him, her cheeks flushed and a small crooked grin, made him wonder if he could hold back. His fingers tangled in her long hair and he hears her breathing hitch in surprise when they ascend her back.

Pidge dropped her head against his shoulder. "Keith..."

He tightened his hold on her, and she sighed. Shifting her arms, she lifted to wrap them around his neck. "Are you sure?" she asked, her voice sounding small. "I'm not... you know, pretty or super great. I won't be mad if you don't want me and want to be the dad."

"Katie," he said gently, her body quivering under his embrace that he knew that this was what she wanted to talk about. The insecurity that came from that time on the beach coming back in full. It hurt to hear that she still questioned why he wanted to be with her, but he supposed that he had never been clear about it before.

"As I said before, I want to be with you and learn and grow with you about what these feelings are. I know they're the strongest things I've ever felt for someone and with our kid on the way, I know that you're the best person I can do this with. Because if it's with you, I know we can do this together."

Pidge started to blink rapidly, resisting the urge to cry.

"And besides, if you aren't around, who am I going to find to spend time with just to watch movies?"

"You know, Shiro is always down," she said with the curling at the corner of her lips.

"Yeah, but I'm not gonna bother him all the time—not when I got you."

"Sap."

"Nerd."

"I can't believe your heart is racing like this cause... mine's beating so fast too."

"I think I can make it go faster," Keith smirked.

Her brow lifted in question. "Oh?" And then that familiar lidded half-grin, half-smirk appeared. "And how are you going to do that?"

Without answering, he pressed his lips to hers.

Immediately, under the kiss, he could feel her body press against him eagerly. Her mouth opened under his silent request and he tasted the sweet strawberry candy she had eaten after dinner. Her fingers curled into his hair at the nape of his neck, and with a slight tug, he groaned when her teeth grazed his lower lip. She adjusted herself, lifting her leg so that she straddled him while they continued to press and kiss each other.

"Pidge," he murmured, "bedroom?"

"God, yes."

When she leaned forward again to give him another kiss, he smirked against her lips.

By the time he had placed her on his bed, he had noted the hungry way her eyes had drunk him in as he stripped. "You look like you're going to eat me," he said with a laugh.

"But what if I am?" she replied huskily.

His eyes glinted with challenge, heat, and desire.

"Not if I eat you first," he countered.

A wicked grin was all that came after that, and he pressed himself against her on top of the bed — her slender frame wrapped around him with her arms, meeting kiss with every breathless kiss for another one. Pidge moaned softly into his ear when he began to pepper her neck with kisses. Fingers dug into his back, and his grip dropped slightly, pressing against her with more of his weight that she sighed again.

He slid his hand down her side to her rear and then skirted around to underneath the skirt she wore. Whispering into her ear, his lips grazing it and his voice low that he could feel her wiggle underneath him, "It was nice of you to wear a skirt for me."

"It's—ah—not for you," she managed in between moans.

And then his finger ran down to her most sensitive area that was covered by her panties, and she arched her back in surprise. He had been wanting to do this for months since he realized his feelings for her, the desire mounting every time she came near. To have her writhe and moan under his ministrations was giving him hunger he didn't know he had.

It's when he inserted one, two, fingers into her wet heat that she began to try and stifle her moans. She was sweet, flushed and sensitive to his touch that Keith had a hard time focusing on anything else besides Pidge. So soft, so quick, and so eager to meet him with a challenge of her own that by the time she had drenched his fingers, he's thoroughly aroused.

They finished undressing, and he pressed against her once more.

"Keith, don't you want me to—"

"No, I can't wait," he rasped hoarsely.

He pressed the tip against her, and she tried her best not to squirm but failed. He had to grip her hip to keep her in place, and he groaned when he could feel her heat and slickness coating him. She wrapped her legs around his hips in an attempt to steady herself.

"Oh hell," Pidge gasped when he slowly began to slide himself into her.

Their skin covered in a thin veil of sweat, Keith partially in restraint as to not pound into her like an animal, and the other so that he wouldn't combust right then and there. She's wrapping tightly around him that it took a lot of effort. But that didn't stop Pidge from crying out when he finally stopped moving, her back arching, and her fingers digging into him again. Just like that night, she was tight and hot around him that feeling her clench down on him when she was coming had his entire frame tense.

Tears formed at the edge of her eyes that he had the pads of his thumbs wipe them away.

With a lazy chuckle, he murmured, "That good?" And he pressed a kiss to her lips.

She could only nod mutely, too busy trying to catch her breath that her efforts to kiss him back stirred him to move. It's honestly a pity she won't get to take a breath.

And he began to move.

Pidge tried to stop him from moving, still sensitive from the previous orgasm that she was awash with incoherent nonsense and muffled moans. Soon, he began to pick up speed that words weren't exchanged and instead were their grunts and groans. In and out he went, and the sounds that reverberated in the room had hiked Pidge up to another level when she cried out again.

He could barely keep track. But Pidge's orgasm tightened around him, and he had to kiss Pidge to keep himself from his own. Her fingers combed through his hair, tugging slightly on his hair for better angles on their kisses. All the while, she bit on his lower lip from how she shook. As if in retaliation, he buried his face into the crook of her neck, ran his lips over her neck that she quivered and bit down enough without marking her. Her cry of surprise was enough to send him over.

Keith's chest was heaving, shifting to rest on his elbows. Pidge had a lazy smirk on her face when she lifted her hands to caress his cheek. She pulled herself up to press another kiss on his lips before her smile faded as the high began to wane.

"Keith," she began in a soft voice.

He waited, wondering what she wanted to say.

"I'm sorry."

And his heart lurched. But he knew why. He remembered why.

And he didn't want her to think she was alone in this "mistake."

Instead of responding with a word, he withdrew and pushed himself back in. Pidge yelped and blinked in incredulously. "Wh—"

"We're both equal parts at fault for that," he said with a grunt. And Pidge shuddered when he gave another thrust. "So I'm sorry too."

"Keith—"

"We're both at fault."

"Fuck."

"Damn straight I am."

Pidge's laughter melted into moans for the rest of the night.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Please, love me (kidge) ✨Ria✨

Любовные романы

501 11 9
Everything about her is like a black hole, sucking him in Keith knows he loves her. Pidge still can't accept the truth. He needs her to see how perfe...
1.1K 65 8
Katie is a princess while keith was just a normal rebel who wanted to be treated as an equal. At a certain ball the two get to meet but in the wrong...
581 20 2
"I'm sorry!" Lance all but shouted the words, causing the smaller girl to flinch but he was already moving. Stumbling. His vision blurred with tears...
2.5K 129 10
In a world where vampires are real but are hated by the humans, Keith cant help but notice pidge and as they fight together his feelings grow