Falling Into Another World (T...

By sugarcubeangel

One very eager Law fangirl finds herself being asked by Gol D. Roger himself if she wants to go on an adventu... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (Captain's P.O.V.)
Chapter 9
Announcement

Chapter 1

1.4K 52 11
By sugarcubeangel

Authors note: I'm really starting to think that this site is a PIMA when it comes to uploading my story. -,-' it never keeps my freaking Italics and it bugs the crap out of me. On another note, I  always thought that it would be illogical for normal teenage girls to get sent to another world and be totally bad ass. I mean ._. does that make sense... it could I suppose a magic portal means magical strength and powers right? Blah blah blah it isn't as fun as hard work. maybe I'm just old fashioned. Anyway, enough of my rambling... enjoy x 

At some point Stormy let go of Shell’s hair, probably at the point where she felt nauseous. She hit the ground with a thud, flat on her face. The teen growled and sat up, rubbing her face with her hands. “Where the hell am I?” she asked aloud to nobody in particular. 

She gazed around at her surroundings. Lush green trees loomed over her, blocking her from the blazing sun that could be seen just passed the shadowy edges. I’ve never seen this place before.

“Doragon Island is where you are,” a muffled voice answered her.

She looked around and rubbed her ears when she couldn’t find anyone. “Am I going crazy?”

“No you aren’t,” the voice boomed this time and a blur came right in front of her face.

Storm rubbed her eyes from underneath her glasses and looked up at the giant man that loomed over her. He has to be at least 6’7”! She wrinkled her nose with slight disgust. “What is that smell?” she blurted out without thinking.

The man guffawed at her. “That’d be me.”

Her face heated up with embarrassment. “I-I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to offend!”

The older gentleman laughed harder at her statement. “No offense taken. There isn’t much need to bathe when you’re the only one on the islands besides the dragons.”

“So you don’t mind if I tell you that you smell like a dumpster full of old fish?”

“Not at all.”

“So there is nobody else?”

“None at all. Which makes me wonder, how did you get here little Lassie?”

She nibbled on her lip. “I don’t really know exactly, one minute I’m sitting in my room with my best friend and the next I’m finding my face buried in the dirt.”

The jolly man grinned at her and patted her head. She could practically feel all the dirt under his nails falling into her hair and she shuddered at the thought. She growled at the man and swatted at his hand.

He withdrew his hand with another chuckle and stroked his burly greyish-brown beard. “I like ya kid.” He slapped her the back with another roar of laughter and sent her flying into the next tree.

“What the hell old timer!” she shouted at him, barely picking herself off of the ground. Who the hell slaps people into trees?! She blinked and looked down at herself. How am I still standing after that? She bit her lip. Must be a One Piece thing.

“You certainly aren’t much are you?” the man stated with a huge ass grin on his face. “You won’t last long with all these dragons on the island.”

“Tch,” was her only reply.

“Much less the rest of the world,” he added.

“Tch,” was her reply again and she crossed her arms over her chest.

He looked her straight in the eyes, which she noticed were a dull black. “So I’m going to teach you how to survive.”

“You can’t just decide that on someone.”

“It isn’t my nature to just let you die.”

“Like hell old man!”

“Give me five hundred push ups,” he chortled.

“Bite me!” she scowled at him.

He shoved her onto her stomach. “If you want food tonight you’ll do as I say.”

Her stomach growled at the thought of food.

“And I wouldn’t just go around eating anything around here.”

She glared at the ground. “I can’t do five hundred.”

“Then do as many as you can,” he stated.

“I warn you, I might as well do none.” I pretty much bombed PE if it wasn’t for having a laid back teacher. She hoisted herself up on her toes and pushed herself up on her palms. One, down. Up, two, down, three, up. Down, four. She dropped to the ground panting.

“Come on, pick up the pace there Lassie.”

“That’s all I got old man.”

He just looked down at her and put his face in his palm and laughed. He laughed so hard he fell onto his side and laughed some more.

I hope your ribs hurt like a bitch. She rolled onto her back. “Exercise has never been my thing,” she explained and pointed to her slightly flabby upper arm and poked her tummy. Okay so she wasn’t enormous but hell, she wasn’t skinny either. She didn’t have much of a chest, curse herself for only having a B cup. What she didn’t have in a chest she made up for in her butt, she had a nice butt she had to admit but it came with a cost. She had pretty big thighs. All my sweets just went to my thighs.

“We’re going to have to change that,” the foul smelling old timer told her and got off of the ground.

Stormy groaned, “you’re serious!”

“Old man I’m going to kill you when I get back!”

The past five months have been hell and that is putting it lightly. Once she built up some upper body strength (some) if she was back home she would have thought she could kick some ass but not here, he had her doing all sorts of shit like pull ups and stuff. So she should be thankful after all but she would never let him know that. All they had done is was build up her strength.

But this freaking mission was ludicrous! Sneaking onto the top of the tiny mountain to steal a set of dragon eggs was crazy! Wasn’t it? What sane person would do such a thing, well if she had the option she wouldn’t be doing it. Stormy hoisted herself up on the ledge.

“Dragon eggs should be huge right?” Nests! Nests were everywhere! All of them looked like bird nests though. These couldn’t be?... could they? No other animals lived in the tiny little forest her and the old man lived in. Which is why he smelt like god awful fish. How she hated fish even before this, now she was just sick of it.

The teenager grasped the tiny eggs in her fingers. She carefully edged her way down the cliff until it got to the point where she could jump onto the closest tree. At some point she had gotten over her fear of heights, at least to some extent.

She didn’t feel comfortable until she reached the ground. Oh how she loved the ground, she had long since gotten rid of her sneakers since they fell apart.

Her once soft feet were covered in callouses along with her hands. Oh how she would have killed for some lotion. It felt like ages since she had arrived at the island. She pretty much forgot about society or even getting off of the island. Her only concern has been surviving. Her skinny jeans were worn down and ripping, her grey hoodie was ragged but her black skin tight T-shirt was still in near perfect condition. After the first two weeks she completely gave up on the thought of shampoo and conditioner. Her once chin short light brown hair had grown to her shoulders and was in terrible condition.

The old man was right, there really wasn’t a need to bathe but she still went swimming to help her feel... fresh is one way to put it. Her thighs had shrunk and most of her muscles were toned, for the first time in her life she was in shape. Maybe it was because she wasn’t living off of all sorts of tasty sweets and sugar anymore and actually eating her fruits. Much to her delight she still had her butt, it was the only part of her body she really took pride in when it came to her appearance. As if I’ll ever get off this damn island.

“I see you completed your mission,” the man grinned. He hadn’t really changed much in the last few months. He dressed in his tattered shirt and shorts. His black leather boots were long passed their date to get rid of. His long grey-brown hair was ragged as ever.

“Yeah, yeah. Did you doubt me?”

He just chuckled in response. “Now the next part is to keep these eggs alive. When they hatch you’re going to train them.”

“Me?!” she exclaimed. “Why me?!”

“I’m a bit too old for training dragons don’t you think?” he grinned. “Dragons don’t take long to grow and afterward we can leave this island.”

“And why the hell would I agree to that old man?”

“Because lassie, I’m going to teach you how to survive in this world in return.”

She puffed out her cheeks. She couldn’t just deny that. She bit her lip and scowled, “fine.”

While they waited for the eggs to hatch the old man taught her the basics in self defence and swordsmanship. He taught her about the world’s money and things like that.

“When in a conflict the most important thing to do is to run,” he told her while laughing.

“Stupid old man! Running is for cowards.”

“Cowards are the ones who live another day.”

She couldn’t deny that logic but didn’t like the thought of running.

Another month of body training. She could now lift twice her own weight and toss the old man around. She could almost over power him now.

“Are these things ever going to hatch old man?” she asked him.

“Be patient Lassie,” he told her every day.

As if on cue today there was a crack in one of the eggs.

Stormy could only watch in amazement as it chiseled it’s way out of the shell and in front of her. “How are we supposed to ride something so small?”

The old man just went into a fit of laughter in response.

The teen bent down and picked up the lizard like creature in her hands. It’s scales were deep red, almost black and smooth like a snake and it’s wings were batlike almost, with a smooth texture. It’s tail reminded her of a dinosaur and it had claws that looked like it could rip someone’s head off... if they weren’t so freaking small.

“It is so cute!” she squealed and pulled it to her chest.

The reptile didn’t care for the gesture as much and blew a flame right in her face. It was so tiny it didn’t do much and felt more like really hot air.

“I shall call you Fizzle,” she cooed and stroked it’s scales. “What do dragons eat old man?”

At some point he had stopped his laughter and answered her, “probably some sort of meat... try giving it some fish.”

The poor creature’s first meal will be fish.

The old man handed her one from their makeshift barrels and the tiny creature gobbled it up immediately.

Soon after the other egg hatched. This one had a more serpentlike. If she hadn’t known better she would have thought it was, if it wasn’t for the two short arms that had claws on them. This dragon simply hypnotized her, it’s gorgeous blue and green scales were so smooth and cool to the touch. Instead of attacking her like the first one, this one simply slithered down her shirt and nestled between her tiny breasts.

“It seems like that one likes you.”

“Yeah.... I think I’ll call her Dazzle.” She held a fish right above her shirt and the tiny dragon swallowed it whole.

The dragons were fully grown. It turned out that they could manipulate their size to an extent. Their usual state was tiny, which made them extremely portable and easy to hide. If they wanted to attack they could grow large.

Fizzle finally began liking his trainer but liked the old man more. At least at this point she could ride him and not get set aflame, and boy did his flame get hot. Dazzle on the other hand had a different power. She was a water dragon but had the power to heal, it wasn’t very strong but it could heal the wounds Fizzle inflicted on Storm on an almost daily basis, sore muscles, and small puncture wounds.

Finally after a year on the island the inhabitants were ready to leave.

“I have one last lesson for you Lassie.”

“What’s that old man?”

“Never give your real name to strangers you hear?”

“Why’s that?”

“Just do as I say.”

“Aye! Old man you and your rules.”

With that the two took flight on Fizzle to the next island, which happened to not be very far.

Her eyes widened when she realized where they were. Sabaody Archipelago. Holy fucking shit! She had completely forgotten that she was in the One Piece world.

The teacher and pupil checked into a hotel room, turned out the old man still had beli from before he got stuck on the island.

The first thing she did was take a long hot shower and washed away all the dirt and grime. When she was done she wrapped the towel around herself, put on her glasses, and walked out of the room where she found some clothes on her bed. She smirked knowing the old man had gotten them for her. She quickly got dressed and looked at herself in the mirror.

Her new outfit consisted of a green tank top that matched her eyes, skinny jeans that were a similar fashion to her old ones, black cloak that reached right passed her knees, and a pair of black leather boots with lots of straps and buckles. Old man has style. Also there was a black bow cap, but instead of a bow, a green dragon buckle was on it. She smirked and put it on. There was a note that said to meet him outside which she quickly did.

“Man do you look different,” she blatantly stated.

He chuckled at her remark.

He did look different. His hair was buzz cut and he no longer had a beard. He wore just a plain black long sleeved shirt and khaki shorts.

“You don’t look so old.”

“I’m only twenty-eight.”

He went into hysterics at her expression which was priceless. Her jaw literally dropped and her eyes were wide with shock.

After his fit of laughter he took her to a hair salon where she listened to the women gossip about the upcoming execution of Portgas. D Ace.

So that is where they are in this world.

After her hair was cut to her chin and in her usually stacked style her and the old man went to get something to eat.

She of course ate everything sweet she could find.

“You need a name to call yourself.”

“And what do you suppose that should be old man?”

“I don’t have a slightest clue.”

After about five cakes and two dozen cookies the man sighed.

“Why don’t you just call yourself Sugar?” he laughed at his joke.

“Okay.”

“I was joking.”

“I know.”

He sweatdropped at the girl.

“I used to get called it all the time when I was younger because of my sweet tooth.”

“Sugar it is then.” What a ridiculous girl.

After her fifth cake it started to click with Storm that she had to find Shelby.

If I were here and looking for me I would look for Law right? I mean... I am his fangirl... and she would look for Kidd... maybe... hmm... so if the two of them together that would be the auction house right?

The duo returned to the hotel and Sugar fed her precious “babies” as she called them.

“This is where we part ways Sugar,” the old man started and handed her a little sac full of Beli and odds and ends. “Take care of yourself okay? I know you can survive. Don’t just survive, live.” He pulled her into a hug and squeezed her.

“You too old man.”

To the auction house.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 125 18
He... lost her... then manage to find her again. This time... will he be able to make her stay?
23.5K 683 23
This story is exactly how the title sounds, a dating simulator with Law from One Piece in a modern AU. This story will be updated daily so the reader...
4.6K 210 17
(Y/n) was very hard headed, never took 'no' for answer, and always tested her luck. She hated when people ignored her. She's one of the strongest wom...
622 22 6
This story is told in third person, but it only shows what the reader goes through. I will be skipping other POVs in the story. This story will be e...