The North (#wattys2016)

By saskatoonistan

Breakout. Escape The City. Stay Alive. Sixteen-year-old David Simmons is on a mission to save his eight-year... More

The Art of War
Nominal Roll
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
About the Author

Author's Note

3K 131 28
By saskatoonistan

The North is the first in an anticipated trilogy. I hope you liked the story enough to consider reading the next installment entitled Insurgency. The last book will be called The Peacemaker. I'll get to them. I promise. 

Yes, there will be zombies. Yes there will be losses, so don't get too attached to any of the characters because they might not make it to book three. (What can I say? It's the end of the world!)

Thanks to my wife Cheryl for putting up with all my shouting at the computer as I wrote this installment. Thanks to Sharon Stogner for all her help. Thanks to Wayne Simmons for suggesting I self-publish this story even though I had a couple of offers on the table at the time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Immune By Amy J.

Science Fiction

16.1K 1.2K 39
Compound 4 was supposed to be a sanctuary away from the virus and the Infected that came with it, but to Jaelyn, it's prison. It's too crowded, she's...
38 0 12
In the year of 2020 WWIII breaks out and all countries accidentally let out a virus that is killing Americans and turning them to zombies. Grace, th...
83 20 15
Blood? My wrist was covered in it. It wasn't dried up or reeked of the combination of that black gunk from all those other freaks. It was fresh and w...
10.2K 1K 50
She's dead by the third chapter. Okay, it's a bit more complicated than that. Okay, it's A LOT more complicated than that. Renata wants nothing more...