Ordinary | Randall Carpio

By hummingbird_123

Where an ordinary girl gets mixed up with dark magic, werewolves and other creatures but finds love on the wa... More

Cast
Epigraph
01
02
03
04
05
07

06

2.7K 81 43
By hummingbird_123

I sigh as I walk beside Jack embracing the feeling of the sun kissing my cheeks. I look at him through my peripheral vision noticing the tension on his face. I cough, bringing his attention to me.

"So what did Pops say?" I ask, gripping onto the straps of my bag keeping my gaze on the ground.

"Um, not much really" he replied fiddling with the hem of his denim jacket.

I stop walking and cross my arms squinting at Jack. "I know you're lying" I sighed.

He finally stopped walking and turned towards me brining his hand through his hair tugging as he got towards the end. "Fine!" he yelled walking towards me. I watch as he stares at the ground fiddling with his bag straps. " All Pops really said was how important this is and how everything is going to plan" he admitted frowning.

He groans as I give him a small smile bringing him into a side hug. "And you're scared of letting him down, I get it. But we both know he's an old grumpy man who has been waiting a long time for this. He's just overly excited, don't worry. I'll use my puppy dog eyes on him for you if worse comes to worst" I reassure him getting a small smile in return.

I let go of him as he turns to stand in front of me. "Hey I'm the older one here, I'm supposed to be the one comforting you" he laughs.

I chuckle at him shaking me head. "You're only older than me by a few minuets" I retort patting his shoulder, continuing to walk.

I smile as I hear a distant "It still counts" followed by heavy foot steps.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever" I laugh as he throws an arm over my shoulder squeezing me towards him. My smile falters as I see the entrance to the grave yard. Flashbacks of the red eyed wolf hit me as Jack tugs me forwards.

"What are we looking for again?" I ask as we dodge the ageing tombstones, my heart feeling heavy as we near the stone that holds our mothers name.

He turns his head towards me removing his arm from my shoulders. "Anything that proves what happened that night" he said, his eyes scanning the surrounding tombstones. I nod and we split up in hopes to cover more ground quicker.

My eyes squint as I focus on a weird ditch in the ground. As I walk closer my breath hitches as the shape of a large paw print was embedded in the disturbed mud. I kneel down in front of the print, my blue faded jeans getting wet from the morning dew. My hand shakes as it hovers above the print eyes widening as those bright red eyes flash before me.

I shake my head out of my daze and call for Jack. I get up off the ground and wipe my hands on my already wet jeans as I hear him approaching. I watch as he looks to the print then to the direction it was heading in.

I shake my head realising what he wants to do. "No. Nope. Not happening, I'm not going after that thing" I say looking to Jack with my eyebrows furrowed.

"Please, come on nothing bad will happen" he pleads grabbing onto my arms staring into my eyes.

"Are you delusional?! It's a fucking monster of course something bad will happen!" I yell staring at Jack with my eyes wide.

He shrugs his shoulders and turns around. "Whatever, suit yourself" he says and starts walking into the thick bush.

My heart rate quickens and hands go sweaty as I bounce up and down in place. "Wait!" I yell, my face face scrunched as I shake my head. I watch as he stops and turns around with that stupid smirk on his face. I sigh and walk forwards, "I hate you" I seethe as I walk past him. I frown as I hear him laugh and he falls into step with me.

"Don't be such a Debby downer, I have magic remember and I killed Clay. I got you" he says smiling cockily and strutting forwards.

I roll my eyes "whatever you say big shot, but if I die it's on you" I mumble earning a laugh from him.

We walk in silence as I follow behind Jack gripping my bag straps as we climb over fallen trees and dead foliage. "Can we go back now" I ask my  feet dragging across the ground as I shove a branch out of my face. "Jack?" I ask as he remains silent. I walk to him and look at his face only to see his eyes locked onto something ahead. I move some branches from my view and see an old wooden two story house in the middle of the bush.

I snap out of my gaze as Jack walks towards the house. "Wow, what are you doing?" I ask grabbing his arm looking at him with wide eyes.

"Uh walking towards the house?" He asked as he tilts his head.

"No I know that" I said annoyance bubbling in my chest, "Are you stupid, anyone can be in there. For all we know that can be the house of a cult, murderers, homeless people, do i need to go on" I ramble shaking my head at his oblivious curiosity.

"Come on" he sighs looking up, "we did not walk half an hour to find something and for you to pussy out" he groans grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the house.

I grind my teeth and dig my heels into the ground but to no avail as he continues to drag me towards the creepy old house. "Jack stop, I don't want to go in!" I whisper yell, my chest tightening as we get closer.

My face pales and heart stops as I hear a twig snap from behind me. I turn to look at Jack to see if he had heard it as well to see his eyebrows creased with worry. I gasp and grab onto Jack as a snarl comes from behind us. I look to Jack and make eye contact with his wide eyes as he grabs onto my hand and pulls me with him.

Our breaths are heavy as we sprint towards the door my fear of the house not as important as my fear of the monster behind us. Jack rips open the door shoving me inside and slamming the doors behind us. My lips tremble as we see a silhouette of a wolf through the glass of the door. I latch onto Jack as multiple bangs are heard from almost every direction as if there's more than one.

My eyes scan the old furnishing in the house as Jack yells to see if anyone's inside. As a response we hear a bang from upstairs. Hope swells inside me as i stare up at the staircase only to see another wolf at the top of the stairs.

"Shit!" Jack yells as he grabs my bag forcing me down into the basement. He locks the door behind him as we stare down into the pitch black room.

"I'm not fucking going down there" I groan as I shake my head, my hand combing through my hair in frustration. "Yep no way" Jack whispers leaning  back onto the door. I yelp as I hear a bang from behind, my mouth dropping open as I see a big dent left in the metal of the door.

I cringe as I look from Jack to the dark basement. "Yep way to go Jack, get us stuck in a creepy dark basement" I seethe clenching my teeth as we run down the stairs.

"Ok I'm stupid, I know" he says as he runs behind me slamming the door shut behind us closing the stairs off from us.

"What do we do now?" I yell pacing as Jack searches the basement for anything we can use against the monsters. I'm pulled from my pacing as two hands grab my shoulders.

"Just calm down ok, I'll figure something out" he frowns looking into my eyes then pulling me into a tight hug. From over his shoulder I see another room lit up by candles.

I let go of the hug and walk towards it opening the door slightly to see a creepy room with old chests. I turn back towards Jack finding his eyes and shrugging. He nods his head and pushes me into the room locking the door behind us.

We turn around to look at the chests on the table and we slowly creep forwards. My eyebrows furrow as they start to shake, my head quickly turning to look at Jack then back at the chests. I jump back in surprise as the chests open by themselves and fall forward. My eyes squint as I struggle to see what's inside the dark box. A small scream escapes my lips as something pounces towards us. My eyes widen and heart beat increases as I stand frozen not knowing what to do.

A/N
Hey sorry it's taken soo long to update, tbh I completely lost motivation to update then I forgot about it and then tik tok became a thing. But yeh I forgot what I wanted to do with this book so I'm just making it up as I go I guess. I didn't realise how long it'd take me to write this book, like this is only the end of episode 2. But I don't know if I wanna make Stella a werewolf or not. Please comment if you want her human or werewolf I really need help. Sorry again for the REALLY late update and thanks for sticking around.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

824K 33.1K 38
On that fateful Halloween night, Lily and James survived while Voldemort apparently 'marked' Harry Potter as his equal. Aria Potter, twin sister of...
1.5M 26.1K 53
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
101K 2K 35
🔞🔞🔞 You R@ped me you are a sinner i will expose you in front of this world MR JEON JUNGKOOK.... .................................... He is taking...
82.6K 2.7K 27
Yn was married to a cold man, Kim Taehyung, the Mafia King, who never showed any emotion towards her. He never trusted her and it caused him to take...