Better With You ✔️

By astralxx

He already seemed to like her. She seemed different. Her soft eyes, warm smile, hearty laugh, rosy cheeks, he... More

1. The Other Option
2. The Event
3. Liking it all
4. Don't Make Me Say It
5. Amidst the Morning Dew
6. Brewing
7. The Correct Question
8. The 73 Questions
9. A not-a-date date!
10. Blush Crimson
11. Again Already?
12. Just Perfect.
13. The Proposal?
14. Strawberries and Cigarettes.
15. Paying Attention.
16. Unpredictable!
17. Left behind.
18. Twinkling.
19. Such a happy girl!
20. Gang-ed up.
21. Coloured in embarressment!
22. Too confusing.
23. Twinning
24. Bullshit.
25. Baby
26. One down, many to go!
27. Past?
28. Memories in a box
29. Storms
30. Could he?
31. Irrational.
32. Unlikely.
33. Try
34. Tom and jerry
35. Yet
36. Perks.
37. Unseen
38. Rollercosters
39. Hmh
40. Can't wait
41. Married.
42. New starts
43. Ready?
44. Break.
45. Annoyed
46. Complete
47. I dare you
49. Limelight stealer.
50. Finally.
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3

48. Such babies

2K 86 40
By astralxx

Aisha's pov

"Let me get this straight. You and Aryan decided to share the room last night?" I asked Kabir and Aryan amongst everyone while we ate breakfast.

"Yeah!" Kabir replies saddened as Aryan laughed away.

"And...he woke you up around six..?"

"Yeahhh" he said impatiently.

"With pink pakka colour thrown at your face?"

"Yeah!" Aryan screamed with delight

"That's why you look like you got hit by 1000 strawberries?" Ranveer laughed.

"It's not funny. Aaj Shaam ko ceremony hai and the colour just doesn't leave my skin ya!" Kabir complained as we all Burst our laughing.

"I'm never sleeping in the same room with you!" Kabir threatened Aru who seemed to preoccupied laughing at his amazing prank and lifted his hand for a high five as he waited for Ritika to clap his hand.

She didn't.
Instead she glared at him and said, " Uski shaadi hai Aryan ! Any other time, this would have been funny, but Abhi nahi hai!"

"Nahi Ritu ! Hai!" Vikas laughed.

"Tu Chup kar! Or else I'll come into your room when you're asleep and shave off the moustache you're so proud of!" Kabir threatened and shikhar immediately shutup and covered his mustache with his long fingers.

"Baby!" I laughed at Kabir. " how did you ever manage during holi? Just take oil and mango powder. Apply it every hour, chale jayega colour!" I smiled.

"Yaaar Aryan ! Why are you like this?" Kabir whined

"Yaar Kabir! You're worse than me most other times! Remember on my wedding, you told me that ritu ran away. Pata hai mein kitna Khushu ho gaya tha? Then I saw here there only and my heart just sank!" He joked as ritu giggled and hit aryan's arm.

"Sure sure! Now you say this, you were dying then!" Kabir laughed.

"But, proved na. You're worse than me. And you irritated me so much during my wedding, I'm going to really annoy you now that I'm here!" Aryan said.

I just laughed at the duo as the bickered. I loved this side of Kabir . So carefree, a prankster. He was like this with me also, but with his team mates, he was a such a baby.

My baby.

A while later, everyone except Kabir and me, had to leave for last minute sangeet practice. Kabir and I got great time to spend one day before our wedding.

One day.
Wow.
One day.

....
We were walking around the garden, hand in hand, in comfortable silence knowing exactly what the other person was thinking.

One day and we would be married.

Will we be different in any way?
Or
Would we be the exact same way we are now?

I guess time will tell that but right now, we were just overwhelmed as we tightened our grip on each other's hands. I smiled at Kabir slightly who kissed my forehead lovingly and let his lips linger there for a second as he titled his head back and stared at me with soft eyes and a small smile.

"What are you looking at me like this for?" I asked him softly.

"Just wondering how I got you."

"I wonder the same." I said in trance

"How... I got....you?" He laughed

"No....I meant. How I got you" I laughed

"This conversation is so pointless. You can never be mushy aishu!" he breathed out as he laughed at my amused face.

We walked ahead to witness a really pretty white wedding taking place on the lower floor. The girl had just walked down the aisle and the man had the biggest grin pasted to his face as he took her hands in his and completed the vows.

"White weddings are so damn pretty!" Kabir said.

"But Indian weddings are way more pretty!" I said defending our wedding day suddenly.

"No of course. But they have such different charms." He justified when he saw the look on my face.

"True!" I agreed as I kept my head on his shoulder.

We stared at the lovely and newly married couple from above. They looked incredibly happy. What if Kabir and I got married like this?

Just a thought.
Oh wait.

Does he want this?
I looked at him with a scrutinising gaze and he looked at me.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking!" He suddenly declared.

"What...are you thinking exactly?" I said not wanting to agree to something totally different.

"Should we ask Karan and Aditi if we can have a white wedding here itself? Before our Indian wedding? Like think about it. There would be no extra jhanjhat. All the decorations are beautifully done already for this couple. We can just ask them if it would be fine if we would use it too. I have a suit. We'll arrange you a dress. And everyone else can come in pajamas if they don't have an outfit in such short notice. We won't mind now, would we?" He looked so excited as planned everything in less than a minute. Does he really want this? Or is he joking.

I looked at him and saw he was serious held his hand and walked away from that venue.

"Arey? Where are we going?" he asked not bothering to cover the hurt in his voice

"Arey? To find Karan and Aditi and get everything done na." i laughed.

This was so last minute. But then, it's our wedding. How could things go as planned?

...

"So you have already seen the venue. Kabir has an extra suit. The decorations are done. all we have to do is book that area and get a cake and inform everyone to come.  They could come in pajamas for all you care?" Karan sceptically read our from his notes in an exasperated tone.

"And Get Aisha a dress, IF POSSIBLE..."
Aditi interjected with wide eyes.

Kabir and I nodded with great excitement knowing they could pull it off.

"Wow you guys are serious. Umm. Okay. The Indian wedding is anyways scheduled in the night so we could have the white wedding in the morning. The timings wouldn't be an issue. The only thing is the dress!" Karan thought out loud to his wife.

"I'll ask my friend. She has a wedding boutique 2 hours away. We could ask for it as a professional favour I'm sure she'll be happy to help."

"But you two realise this will charge you more right?" Karan asked.

"Ofcourse. That's okay. We'll handle all that after the wedding when you both come home for lunch!"

"Sounds good!" Aditi laughed. "And really, don't worry about the dress. I know your choice. I'll get the best one there!"

They were so nice.
Jeez.
Where are more people like them?

.....

It was evening now and I was getting ready for sangeet. The whole day, all our friends were practising to make our day memorable and special.

I fit into my clothes after all the makeup was done with. I left my long tresses open and painted my nails white. I put on the jewellery maa had picked out and did any last minute touch ups.

I was waiting for a call from someone to tell me to come down. I didn't know when exactly I could go down since practice was still on after they all got ready.

After around half an hour of getting bored and toiling around, Aryan and Ayush came to get me.

They knocked on the door and when I opened eagerly they both smiled at me widely and told me how beautiful I looked.

Aru fake cried and said, " I'm going to be so sad!"

"About what?" I asked all confused.

"Kabir's going to look at you being all pretty, he is going to have a heart attack and ultimately die. I'm going to lose my best friend!"

I giggled at him as Ayush smacked his head and said, " dramebaaz!"

Aryan grumbled about how Ayush spoiled his hair and suddenly kept quite when he glared at him.

"Challe?" I laughed at the people who had Become my family in such less time.

We were going down when I saw Kabir being smacked on the head by ritu bhabhi and Siya bhabhi was laughing at them. Kabir was grinning and complaining and ritu bhabhi was faking annoyance at him. He looked less pink than before.

A lot less pink.
But
Someone didn't like that.

"KABIR. WHERE DID THE COLOUR GO?"  Aryan screamed with sadness enveloping his words.

"TO HELL, WHERE YOU SHOULD BE" Kabir screamed back and ritu smacked his arm.

"Bhabhiiii" he whined.
"HA. That's my wife bitch!" Aryan exclaimed in happiness.

"You're an asshole." Kabir whispered.

"You are a bigger one. Sara colour chalegaya. Uss bhaiya ne bola tha ki nahi niklega. Chuna laga diya Mujhe" Aryan whined.

I stood there silently looking at the kids in front of me.

"Yaar jaldi chall. Bhook lagi hai. Fight later na!" Ayush screamed

We all looked at the very 'Hangry' Ayush Sohi and ran downstairs before we were Murdered.

....

The dances were starting any moment in the beautiful hall that was lit with silver lights. It was gorgeous and Kabir and I sat on the couch in the front waiting for the show, everyone had been practising so much for, to start.

Suddenly,veer bhai and Khushi walked on stage and greeted us all.

"Now. Today is Kabir and Aisha's wedding sangeet.
Let us start by telling you all a little about their story." Veer bhai started.

"They met during an award function in London where they sat together and we left to Kabir's house there to celebrate later. Amongst all of us too, they couldn't stop falling for each other!" Khushi teased.

Aryan and ritu came on stage acting like Kabir and I and danced on the 'kar gayee chull'. Aryan acted like a love sick puppy near ritu and everyone immediately thought about how Kabir would have acted next to me.

Kabir looked mad at Aryan who carelessly embarrassed his best friend and I loved ritu and her sass.

Veer bhai came on stage again and said, "after that, there was no going back! Kabir asked her out for a date in London two days later and Aish didn't say no."

This time Ranveer and Khushi walked in and danced on another likely song and so on so forth, they portrayed the main events of our relationship in front of us as we relived them.

Everyone took chances to play us as they showed our first date, the first time we fell for each other, live in moments, our anniversary when Kabir asked me to marry him.

It was all there.
It was like a flawless time machine. 

My hands were in Kabir's as we smiled at our family who made our day so special. Then came the time, when I was pulled on the stage to dance on 'ainvayee ainvayee' with Ranveer.

I danced and laughed and had the time of my life when suddenly Kabir jerked me towards him as he came on stage. I smiled at him in surprise and he smirked at me as we danced to the tunes of a slow song. I rested my head on his shoulder as he hugged me closer and kept his chin on my head. We swayed to the tunes and he twirled me around as I giggled and he grinned and pulled me closer to himself again.

I never wanted this to go.
I have never wanted something so much, ever like I want Kabir .
Next to me.
With me.

......

We all sat after their performances to eat and Ayush looked the happiest out of the lot. He was satisfied with the work he did and almost had tears when he saw food.

Apparently he told Vikas to tell the caterers to keep the food supply coming behind the stage until haze saw them do this and threw a tantrum about how stupid they were.

Well, we all have priorities.

I wasn't too hungry since I was more giddy. I was getting married to Kabir tomorrow

Two times.

We had already informed everyone about the last minute change of plans and no one seemed to mind it except Aryan .

"I WAS PLANNING TO SLEEP THE WHOLE DAY. Virat always spoils my plan man." He kicked Kabir.

"SHUTUP ya Aryan." Kabir screamed.

And they started fighting again.
They fought and they made up in no time at all. Such kids.

I gave a look to ritu as I pursed my lips to keep myself from laughing and saw her trying to do the same. Veer bhai kept the two men away breaking each other bones as he laughed being in the centre.

The only two men who didn't care were Ayush and Vikas as they dug into the food next to them. Ranveer and bhai were talking about something amongst themselves and alia, Khushi and Aneesha were talking about what they could wear tomorrow.

The only person lost was Sameer.
I had had enough. I wanted to know what was bothering him.

"Kya hua? Why so lost?"

"Can I ask for a favour Aish?" He asked me immediately

"Of course." I said a little shocked that he even had to ask me. That wasn't him. He snatched opportunities from me because 'Aish you my BEST FRIENDDDDDDD'

He lowered his volume and after he was done telg me what he wanted I gave him a bright smile and a long hug as he grinned at me. I was more than ready to grant him this favour and I couldn't even wait.

It was our secret. Just like old times once again.

....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 121K 46
Trust. Somewhere we all trust our best friends more than our family. Right?! But what if they take your trust for granted and crush it. ××××××××ו××...
4.5K 79 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
206K 13.3K 66
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
911 60 48
"Do opposites truly attract or do you get comfortable with a person like you?" I asked him while gazing at the stars. "I think neither is true" he r...