Complex Chemistry | jikook au

By 17B4NGTAN

"What a coincidenc-" "I thought Mina was coming with you?" [one set of twins. one boy. one-sided love.] In wh... More

1.
2.
3.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.

4.

869 68 14
By 17B4NGTAN

Jimin isn't much of a yeller. Though, he would yell at the top of the world when it came to Saturday night home games. And when his friend had the ball in his possession.

He and his friends cheered on for Yoongi, adrenaline pumping wildly as they watched the athletic male speed down the court, a too tall opponent hot on his heels.

"Knock him down, Yoongles!" Taehyung's deep voice rips through, "You're bigger than him!" More than half of the gym laughs, which includes almost all of the attending students at their school, and majority of their town.

Jimin joined in on the laughter, cutting himself short to cheer on the team for the remainder of the time, five minutes into their last quarter.

Obviously, they were taking this home.

Because with the help of Kim Namjoon, the brown headed mop of hair that gets trapped between two opponents, Jungkook see's his hyung's struggle and dashes to him, out running his opponent. As he runs, Namjoon tosses the ball up into the air, and just as you expected, Jungkook used his mighty athleticism to jump, catch, and direct the ball back into the air, swishing into the net.

Jimin and the rest of the gym cheer on for their school team, some running out to congratulate the players that hustled around Jungkook as if he was some NBA guest star, well, he basically is.

But in the moment, Jimin and the rest grabbed their hyung into a tight hug, beginning their rounds of praises.

"Yoonie! You we're amazing!" Jimin shrieked, and truthfully.

"We saw the way you passed it to Minju!"

"And the way you easily made that free shot!"

Only a solid minute into the game, Yoongi had the entire gym cheering his name when he tipped the ball into the net, scoring their first points.

They watch their hyung sheepishly join his hands together, pinkness blossoming on his glistening cheeks, "it's nothing," he replied, but Jimin well knew how much he appreciated their spirit lifting words.

Just before the game, there has been talk that made way to Jimin's ears about a get together dinner over at a popular burger joint, "Bok's Burger's", that everyone is planning to attend to celebrate another victory. His sister had declined before separating, going to their own friend groups.

Wait.

Jimin lifts his head up, glancing around to spot for the soft brown headed female through everyone in gym. Which isn't as easy as you think.

His brother senses grow in worry, not being able to visually see that his sister isn't anywhere to confirm that she is alright. So without a word to his friends, that were busy praising, Jimin walks away to search.

Mina couldn't have gone out without telling him, he believes, or at least without telling anyone he knew to pass the message.

Jimin glides past bodies, bidding a couple of apologies to those that weren't aware of the fairy walking behind them.

"Where the hell are you.." Jimin sighed, annoyance dripping in his tone. Also focused on something other than the basketball that had been rolling back and forth horizontally by two kids, in substitute for a soccer ball.

"She couldn't even shoot me a text or something at lea-"

"Watch out!" Jimin feels his body swarm in chills that ran up his spine, eyes widening when everything around him moved in an unnatural speed as he free falls forward, closing them tight for the awaiting impact, which never came.

"Oof!"

Are floors supposed to be this soft.. and sturdy?

"Woah, woah, woah," the voice assures, "don't worry, I caught yah."

And are floors supposed to have such soft voices? Or.... voices, in general?

Jimin didn't know wether it's safe or not to stand on his own and own up his embarrassment about tripping over a basketball, thankfully being caught just in time before the ground was close to sporting an imprint of his face.

Wow, triplets.

"You're pretty light."

'Please say the first two words next time, you used-to-be coconut hair headass'. Jimin thinks to himself.

Blushing, Jimin uncurls his small fingers from the familiar jersey and lifted his chin to stare back into the doe eyes that read worry, and a hint of curiosity, behind the brown orbs. In an instant, Jimin takes notice of their proximity and respectfully puts distance between them, letting out a heavy breath that he didn't know he's been holding in.

"Aish.. that is really embarrassing.." Jimin admitted out loud, turning his head away to make sure the flush on his smooth cheeks were out of the doe eyes view, "thank you, Jungkook."

Jungkook's brows unknit when the short male showed no signs of pain, nodding his head and says. "It's alright. If I lost you then I don't know who I would borrow pink hamster pencils from." He chuckles, relieved when Jimin joined in.

'You just had to clown my pink mechanical.'

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good. I just- I was just looking for my sister, I should've been watching where I was going." Jimin regrets even mentioning the forgotten female, watching the interest outgrow the worry in Jungkook's orbs.

'We were literally getting along.'

Feeling regretful, Jimin unconsciously purses his lips and pulls them towards the right side of his mouth, glancing down and toeing the ground with the tip of his white high-top converse.

The short silence is eventually cutoff by the man himself, pulling back Jimin's attention by saying, "Uh, so, does that mean you're going to the get together?"

Wait, what?

"The get-together..? The dinner, you know, the one that pretty much everyone is going to?" Jungkook reminds, eyebrows comically furrowing at Jimin's confused expression.

Jimin physically shakes his head, realizing he voiced out his confusion and tries to save himself from further embarrassment.

"No! No, sorry, yes! I meant yes, I know about it, and I'm going." Someone, anyone, please stop him. "I meant 'no' for what I said, my mind was somewhere else for a second?"

Was Jungkook really asking him about his attendance to the dinner? Jimin feels his toes curl, holding back the excited squeak that wanted to escape out his lips. He felt a little valued by his crush, who now seemed curious.

"What is so important that you out-heard my speaking?" Jungkook joked, Jimin trying his very best to not see the way his arms crossed over one another on his chest. Especially the way his bunny smile grew.

"Nothing. Psh! Don't even know what you're talking about. I've been listening the whol-"

"Kook!" And the moment is ruined. A teammate, Jae-won, appears beside Jungkook, hooking an arm around his neck. "Leaving or what? We're all heading to the lockers."

Jae-won is pretty known for being a scandalous person. Scandalous, as in he pulls pranks and jokes on people here and there, from what Jimin has heard of before, but he really didn't take the time to properly be introduced to Jae-won. But based on the way the said male looked at him, this was a new "scandalous".

"Yeah, yeah, my bad. Catch you later, Min." Jungkook says before Jimin nods in assurance, then turning and started heading to the lockers.

As Jimin watched their backs retreat to the locker rooms, Jae-won peers over his shoulder, giving out a far too obvious once-over and winks. Jimin just keeps his face neutral, blinking and prettily holds his hands together in-front of him.

"Minie!" A familiar voice calls out, sighing in relief to see his sister.

"Idiot! I've been looking for you!" He growled, lightly flicking her forehead right as she got to him. The worry on his shoulders are lifted off, feeling at ease now that Mina is in his view.

Giggling, Mina waves a school folder in her hand, using the other to fix her wispy bangs back in place. "Aish, I went to the car to quickly grab this thing!"

Eyeing the folder, Jimin asks. "What is it?"

"It's Hyunwoo's rough draft. I had to proofread it, and now I jneed to return it." Ah, Hyunwoo, the student that Mina tutors. "Anyways, the girls and I are gonna skip the dinner and go to the movies, so I'm riding with Sunjae." The keys to the vehicle they both arrived in are handed to Jimin, who nods.

"M'kay. I'll see you home then. You better not wonder off from them."

"And you better text me updates, by the way! Just trynna make sure you're okay!" She points out strictly.

"Okay!" He huffs sarcastically, separating with his twin once again, not before sharing a quick but warm hug, and skips off to return to his friends.

The carpool drive to 'Bok's Burgers' took about nine minutes, and the time that they've all spent sitting in Jimin's car, was is five minutes. They're about to make it six.

Jimin nibbled on the side of his thumb, collecting his thoughts and feelings about a certain individual that's probably already ordering his food, along with everyone else. He even replayed their moment that they had together, before it was ungrateful young ruined by that Jae-won guy.

It's strange, in a way, to realize that this will be his first time out with Jungkook in public. Being somewhere else, rather than a place where school desks and math papers were around them, brought nervousness to his entire well-being. Though to anyone, it just looks like a bunch of high school students hanging out on a normal Saturday night. But to Jimin, it's an opportunity to talk to Jungkook more about something other than math problem explanations and returning/borrowing pencils.

"As much as I love you guys with all of my heart," Jin began in the back seat, cutting off Hobi in the middle of his story about his dog, Mickey, "I'm literally starving back here-"

"And his man is waiting inside." whispered Taehyung in passenger seat, making everyone, but Jin, silently giggle.

"Yeah, and if you all aren't out of this car within the next three seconds, I'll deadass drag you all by the ears-" They scatter out of the car, not forgetting the promises momma Jin never fails to fulfill.

The bell inside the restaurant signals their arrival, hearing the sounds of chatter by people inside the lounge and clattering of plates inside the kitchen towards the back. Jimin looks around, spotting the reserved side of the restaurant that held almost all the high school students familiar faces.

Namjoon is the first he makes eye contact with, standing from his seat to catch their attention, waving for them to come over.

"Guys! There's some seats over here!" Yoongi takes it upon himself to lead the group, walking through full seated tables and stood at one end of the big main table that contained half of the team and well-known 'popular' individuals.

Jimin's face heats up at the many pairs of eyes he feels on him as he stands there mutely, gently taking a step back to hide himself behind Taehyung's tall figure. His hiding spot didn't last long since Yoongi and Taehyung had found seats on the left side table end, shrugging off their coats and already starting up conversations with everyone.

"Traitors." Jimin mumbles quietly to himself, feeling even more exposed when Hobi is invited over to the other side, leaving him and Jin behind.

Noticing the very limited seats available, Namjoon takes a quick scan of what theres left and says, "Jin! You can sit here." Namjoon points to the seat beside him, which is obviously occupied by a fellow teammate, who chokes on the sip of his water with wide eyes.

In the middle of this, Jimin ignores the examination Jungkook gives him, making him want to return back to his car and listen to Mamamoo. Jimin tries catching Taehyung's attention, even kicking his foot but the male side eyes him, then Jungkook, and smirks, turning away to return to his conversation.

'That little piece of shi-'

"Minjae was about to pull up an extra seat anyways. Right, hyung?" Namjoon explains, widening his eyes for a split second to the said male, who looked completely against the made up scenario. But sighing in defeat, Minjae stands as everyone snickers, allowing Jin to sit beside Namjoon.

"Thank you, Minjae~ I appreciate it." Jin sweetly says, looking up at the male and turns away, causing Minjae to stagger at the sudden attention that Kim Seokjin gave him.

Jimin isn't surprised at the empty seat next to Jungkook, who's currently playing with the straw inside the water cup. Seeing him in a new environment brought a sudden burst of confidence to bloom inside of Jimin, shocking himself to feel his butt sink into the cushion after unconsciously pulling open the last available seat there is, occupying it now.

Jungkook turns his head to him, the confidence still pumping through his veins and decides to smile in greeting as they both opened their mouths, speaking at the same time.

"What a coincidenc-"

"I thought Mina was coming with you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.1K 679 45
Where Hoseok overhears some Interesting Information on the bus. Jimin is kind of a nerd and is in love with the most popular boy of the school, Jungk...
39.2K 2.5K 17
"𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒂�...
222 37 10
Being the girl who loves to chase her dreams Y/N stubbles upon an unimaginable choice in life. Meeting this famous idol called Park Jimin seems like...
161K 4.6K 42
"I never loved you. it was a prank" Park Jimin is an innocent boy with a heart. But when Min Yoongi was dared to use Jimin what will happen if Yoong...