Balance ~ Kylo Ren / Ben Solo

By FandomQueens

Athena has trained under General Rae Sloane of The First Order. When her home planet of Naboo is threaten she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Final.

Chapter 27

1.8K 42 55
By FandomQueens

"We've confirmed the location and security level of the Resistance base, but I'm afraid we have something bigger holding us from just prancing in." Sloane said.

"What's that?" Kylo asked mask off.

"Snoke." She said as if it was obvious. "Do you think he's going to let us just armor up our entire fleet and abandon the Star Killer Base all at once on the word of a singular pilot?"

"I have another plan for than." Kylo said stepping away from the table.

"Which is?" I asked casually sat on the table.

"You'll all just have to trust me." He said and we all exchanged confused looks with one another.

"Maybe it's just because I'm new here, but I think we all have to be on the same page. We're taking down an entire army here, I'm sure this Snoke dude would blast off our heads if we lied to him." Poe said standing with his arms crossed.

"I don't think I asked you." Kylo said snapping.

"He's right Kylo, we have to know what's going on. We can't afford to be caught off guard with a mission of this size and importance." I said and I could already see his facial expression turning sour.

He was taking it personally and as much as I trusted him, I had no idea what he was planning. I didn't like going in to things blindsided as much as the next person, but this just wasn't the time for place for it.

"If I tell you, you will all try and stop me." He said getting nervous and we all just waited for him to talk. "I can't."

"We're all fighting for the same cause Ren. If you can't trust us, how can we trust you?" Sloane said from her chair. I looked to her, but by no means did I disagree with her statement.

"I don't expect you to trust me." He said and I met him with sad eyes. He looked away in avoidance knowing she couldn't do this, at least not to me.

"Kylo." I said and he held eyes with me for a long time and I could almost hear him debating with himself. I didn't push into his mind, but his eyes said it all.

"We kill Snoke." He bursted out and no one spoke for a second. I waited for the laughter or for him to tell us he was joking, but it never came.

"Oh dear." Hux said shaking his head and pressing his hands into his temple. "You've lost it haven't you."

"You are out of your damn mind." Sloane said standing up and sounding angry.

"This is exactly why I didn't want to say anything." He said getting frustrated.

"This won't work, you can't win a battle against him, he's the strongest-

"How are you going to do it?" I said interrupting Sloane. Kylo seemed taken back by my lack of judgment on his crazy idea. I knew no one else would give him an opportunity if I didn't.

"Not saying I think this is a good idea, but at least hear the guy out." Poe said standing next to me. I was genuinely surprised by the remark, but Poe probably didn't want to get more shit from him so siding with him might be in his favor.

"I won't fight him, I know I'd loose in a battle against him." He said calmly. "I would tell him Athena tried to flee with the pilot and he'd call an emergency presence of all of us. We would present you two in custody, but I would purposely leave Athena's lightsaber on her and he would get angry that I would be dumb enough to forget it and take it from her. I don't know what he'll try to do, but once he gets ahold of her lightsaber I can used the Force to control it while he's in possession of it and kill him without even laying a finger on him."

"And if he doesn't take her lightsaber?" General Sloane asked. "What then?"

"I will make sure of it." Kylo said and my jaw dropped. He was putting me in a situation where Snoke will try to kill me and I'd be constrained and weaponless. His idea was to leave me completely defenseless against the Supreme Leader.

"I don't like this idea." I said aggressively. "Who says he won't crush Poe or I into star dust the instant he sees us?"

"No one gets hurt." He said assuringly.

"How can you be sure?" Hux chimed in. There was no way for him to be sure of something like this.

"I don't see anyone else with a better idea." He said throwing his hands up.

"I think he's onto something." Poe said. My head snapped to him. "Listen I know I have zero opinion here, but what are our chances of getting this Snoke guy to approve of this mission?"

"Zero." I said well aware of this.

"What are our chances of Kylo's plan working?" He asked.

"Just about impossible, almost laughably impossible." I said laughing and shaking my head because this was ridiculous, he wasn't thinking.

"But you didn't say Zero." He said and I held eye contact with him for a moment with a displeased look on my face. He shrunk back a little and turned away to break our eye contact.

"If I can just get it in his hand." Kylo said desperately. "This can work."

"If you can't do this Ren the wars over. We can't win without her. You know she is our only hope against Apollo." Sloane said. "If this doesn't work this will fall on you for the rest of history."

"I know." He said standing up taller. "I wouldn't just put this on the table if I wasn't sure. I would put up someone I-

He felt silent for a moment. I could feel the words catch in his mouth and his eyes bolted to me. I watched carefully as he took a deep breath before continuing on with his statement. He was incredibly worked up and I could see his confidence shrinking.

"I wouldn't put up my apprentice if I wasn't not absolutely sure of myself." He said. "I've sat on this much longer than it may seem. I've felt a calling from the Force to do this. I know it has to be me, I know I am capable."

"We're all being put in danger here. The longer we sit around and wait to push through with this the more risk we run with Snoke finding out about this little uprising we have going on. With Snoke gone, the Supreme role falls to Kylo, which means we can proceed with our plans however we want." Hux said as he looked wary on what he was saying. "As much as I don't favor you Ren, seeing Snoke fall would mean a great shift in the Force to you two. With one less Force user means more power for you both. That could mean all the difference."

"I can't believe this is happening." I said hopping off the table and walking away from this madness.

"As much as I don't like this idea, this may be our only chance." General Sloane chimed in.

"So it's one against four." I said looking back at everyone. I was over this, I was being played as the bait in this stupid little game that had going on. If I was so important my life wouldn't be placed on the table like this.

"We'll call it three and a half." Poe said and no one else seemed to want to say anything.

I stormed out leaving the others. I wanted nothing more than to lock myself up in my room and be alone, but I was unfortunately without a personal living quarters. So I was left with no choice other than to make my way into Kylos living space.

Every ounce of my being wanted to send my lightsaber into everything I could see around me, but I knew I couldn't. I was so angry and upset I could cry but I was fighting it. How could Kylo just hang me out to dry, to risk killing me. He always said my life was never aloud to be risked and here he was doing it himself.

"Athena." He said walking into the room and I snapped towards him. I ran up to him and pushed both of my hands full force into his chest. He stumbled back a few feet and I let out a sob.

"Don't fucking talk to me." I screamed and he jumped back at my reaction.

"Woah." He said holding up his hands "Wait just a minute please, just relax."

"Relax? Relax! Are you kidding me? You're trying to get me killed!" I said getting up in his face, this was ridiculous and he wants me to relax? He had to be joking.

"I won't let him kill you. I told you that." He said stepping off to the side away from me.

"I'm just supposed to believe that? How can I trust-

"Do you trust me?" He said cutting me off. I was left without a voice for a moment.

"I don't know." I said looking him over. Up until now I trusted him, but hearing his plan to disarm me and convince Snoke I've tried to flee is just signing me up to be killed.

"Athena," he said walking up to me and grabbing my arms. "If I've ever needed your trust I need it now. I need it now more than ever, I couldn't live with myself if I was to lose you. I wouldn't be doing this unless I was sure."

"Let go of me." I said in a flat voice.

He gave me a pair of sad eyes and his hands dropped and he stepped back. I was so angry I wanted to blow up on him and be destructive, but I know I had to withhold myself. He got down on his knees in front of me and grabbed my hands. He met my gaze with desperation and I just looked down at him unsteadily. I wanted to slap him across the face, but it took all the willpower inside me not to.

"Please, I need to ask this one thing of you. I'm stepping down and letting you decide." He said and I truly didn't know what to say.

I was so conflicted. My mind was telling me this was outrageous and that he was completely disregarding my safety. My heart was telling me to trust him, and to go through with it. I didn't know what to listen to and for once looking to the Force provided me no answers. It was unsettling to know that even the Force couldn't guide me like it always does. It was almost like the future hadn't been decided yet.

"Athena please." He pleaded.

"I'm scared." I said honestly and ready to just storm off.

"I know you are," He said. "But I'm not."

"If I die Kylo-

"You won't." He said stopping me.

"If this works, I call the shots while we are on Ajan Kloss." I said.

"Whatever you want." He said still looking at me hopefully. I took a big breath and took a long pause.

"This better not backfire." I said shaking me head. He rose to his feet once again.

"You'll agree?" He asked almost a little too excited.

"I guess." I replied unwillingly. He let a small smile curl onto his lip. He leaned forward and pressed a kiss on my forehead as I looked down. "I don't like this."

"Believe me if I thought of another solution, I'd rather take any other way." He said. "I want Rey dead just as much as you want Apollo dead. After Snoke nothing will stand in our way."

"Okay." I said nodding still not entirely excited about this. "When are we doing this?"

"Three days, to make it look like you and the pilot had time to conspire." He said.

"What will happen after we kill him? There's guards." I said.

"We'll fight them off. He has his personal guards, but once they're dead, the entire army will fall under my lead. I'll become the Supreme Leader and then we will begin preparing to attack." He explained. "We could even stop hiding."

I looked to him and as great as this all sounded I couldn't help but still worry. All of this could be ruined if Snoke catches us in a lie, or if Kylos plans don't work. I took a deep breath and walked towards the couch to take a seat. I slumped back and looked to him.

"You don't want that last part do you?" He said looking defeated.

"I didn't say that, I'm just dwelling on the odds." I said resting my head on my fist.

"I understand." He said sounding defeated despite my compliance. "I'll leave you be, but I suggest you get some rest. When we complete our plans we prepare for full out war. You must be rested."

"I'll sleep later. I need some time." I said and I heard his heavy sigh before heading back to his room.

I was left alone. I pulled my knees into my chest and rubbed my eyes. I had grown very tired over the last few days so I did have the days following up to our assassination attempt to catch up. My eyes grew heavy and before I could think much more I drifted off to sleep right there on the couch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 4K 36
A fresh recruit in the Resistance, you insist on taking your first solo mission to steal info from the First Order. Only problem is, you get caught...
22.8K 990 38
TRIGGER WARNINGS - EVERYTHING !!!! IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO REAL-LIFE VIOLENCE AND HORRORS, PLEASE SKIP MY STORIES COMPLETELY INSTEAD OF REPORTING THE...
228K 6K 172
Anakin and Obi-Wan have just rescued the Chancellor and returned to planet side safe and sound. Anakin has finally had his long awaited reunion with...
8.4K 307 33
(AU) Luke is gone. Kylo Ren is the new Supreme Leader. The Resistance is all but decimated. Now, all responsibility falls on Rey to balance the Force...