A Twist Of Fate A Percy Jacks...

By KatieMossman

Percy Jackson is shocked when everyone he had always considered his friends and family betrayed him. The gods... More

Manipulation and Betrayal
Questions and Answers
A New Friend?
Meeting The Villagers
Protecting Carvahall
Revelations
Planning and Preparations
Betrayed
Escaping Carvahall
Narda
Teirm
Jeod
Leaving Teirm
The Boar's Eye
An Unexpected Visitor
New Riders
Murtagh Part 1
Murtagh Part 2
Making Allies
The religion of Helgrind
Around The Campfire Part 1
Around The Campfire Part 2
Assault on Helgrind
Divergence
To Walk The Land Alone Part 1
To Walk The Land Alone Part 2

Alegasia Has Many Surprises, Apparently,

1.4K 45 9
By KatieMossman

Percy's Point of View

After I was ready I left my tent, I could see that Ágrios was still lying down near my tent fast asleep. I left him alone I knew that once he woke up he would find me, and I started walking hoping to come across Roran or Reyna. I didn't have any idea where their tents were, although I knew Reyna was most likely in the same area as the villagers. I would have to meet Eragon later since he basically wanted to test me to find out how much I needed to learn. As I walked I spoke to a few people, none of them realised that I was the new rider who had helped Eragon the day before, most of them did realise once they noticed my sword which was currently sheathed at my hip, the ones who didn't notice that, I told when they asked who I was.

I eventually came across an abnormally large cat lying in the sun outside a small green tent which also had a donkey picketed in front of it. Although I thought that was a bit odd, I didn't think about it much and was going to walk right by until the woman who apparently occupied the tent came out of it. she appeared to be short with curly brown hair. She must have noticed my sword because she said, "So, You are the new rider, what is your name?"

"Percy," I replied, not wanting to be called by my actual name.

although she tried to hide it she seemed surprised for some reason and I wasn't sure why.

I am Angela, Come inside, I want to speak to you in private,"

To say I was confused would be an understatement, It seemed she was part of the varden, or at least an ally of theirs, She could just want to talk to me more, but after my experiences in Tartarus I was more paranoid than I used to be and traveling with the villagers hadn't exactly helped that. For all I knew, the woman could be a spy or something.

I also suspected that she was no mere mortal. I hesitantly followed her although my hand was on the pommel of my sword so I would be ready if she turned out to be a threat. If she noticed my hand on my sword she didn't really seem concerned about it. various plants, baskets of mushrooms, and a cauldron seemed to take up most of the space in the small tent, I wasn't sure what she needed all that stuff, but it didn't take me too long to realise the most likely reason for it. based on what I knew about magic here, and its users I eventually guessed that she was probably a witch. I kept that in mind in case she turned out to be a threat. I wasn't sure what to say, so I guess it was a good thing she spoke first.

She said, "So they have done it again,"

"What? Who are you talking about? I asked, still very confused.

at first, her only response was a groan before commenting, "we get two new riders, and both of them are blockheads,"

Just as I was going to complain about her comment, she shocked me into silence by telling me who she meant.

She said, "I meant the Olympians, You are a demigod are you not?"

For a few moments, I gaped at her, my eyes wide in shock. Once I snapped out of it I asked, "How...

it quickly dawned on me that she must have been sent here by them too. If that wasn't the case it would most likely mean she was a threat.

still a bit cautious,  I asked, "Did they send you here too?"

she replied, "No my mother did it to protect me from them, at the time Alagaesia was more peaceful than it is now, and my mother has more power here than the Olympians so she believed I would be safer here,"

I believed her, there was no other way she could have known about the Olympians, Alegasia has many surprises, Apparently. 

 I told Nasuada and the others that I was the son of a sea god and blessed by two of the other gods, but I hadn't really gone into much more detail than that, I'd also made them swear to keep that information to themselves unless I gave them permission to do otherwise. Due to that I finally let my guard down completely.

"Why were the gods threatening you?" I asked her.

"It was mainly Artemis who wanted me punished, I was one of her hunters for many years, but I eventually fell in love. When my mother found out, she sent me here, and gave me full immortality so killing me would be pointless if the gods ever found me here, at first I missed the man I'd fallen for but I eventually moved on,"

"Which goddess is your mother," I asked, although I already had a guess for who it was. I was also curious now that I knew Reyna and I weren't the only demigods here.

"Hecate,"

Considering she was a witch that made sense, but it seemed that was all I would find out about her for now because she once again started questioning me. She asked me why the gods had sent me here, and I told her. she asked me about my past and what had happened to me since I arrived in Alegasia. As I once again told my story I realized it wasn't bothering me as much as it had after I first got here. I think I was even starting to move on from Annabeth. I think having Reyna here might have helped with that.

After I told my story I got the chance to ask Angela a couple more questions, apparently, there had been other demigods sent here since she first arrived but the rest were dead now. Not long after that revelation, I left since I was going to have to meet Eragon for his testing. Saphira would also be testing Ágrios.

I suspected he would be happy with that since he seemed to like her, I even reminded him to concentrate on what Saphira was telling him, not how beautiful he thought she looked. He seemed slightly annoyed by my reminder and claimed that he didn't need it.

I was sure he probably did but I kept that thought to myself since I didn't feel like annoying him further.

After I left Angela's tent, still shocked that Reyna and I weren't the only demigods here, I would have to tell Reyna about that the next time I see her. Hopefully, I can find her after Eragon's testing. After I reached Eragon's tent, Saphira and Ágrios seemed to eye each other before they began talking to each other. I overheard their conversation since my mind was still connected to Ágrios'. I think Ágrios just confirmed what she already knew since he seemed to know very little about his own kind beyond the things that were instinctual to all dragons. it was obvious he had a lot to learn. After she came to that conclusion they took off into the sky to continue their conversation, and begin his training.

While they were doing that, I looked at Eragon, and asked, "So Eragon, since you are supposed to train me, where are we going to start?"

I wasn't really worried about his training. Even without my powers, I think I would be able to hold my own against him. I was a demigod after all, and now I also had the abilities of a dragon rider. I was pretty sure that the only things I would have to learn more about were dragons, and how to protect my mind, and also how to use it to reach out to others besides Agrios. I knew I should be able too and I also that this was important if you wanted to defeat another magic-user without instantly signing your own death certificate. of course, my powers could also help me with that, but if I am eventually going to help Eragon defeat Murtagh and the King I would need to learn everything I could about being a rider and the abilities that come with that position.

Eragon said, "After what I saw in the battle, I suspect you are already a talented swordsman, so I believe we should start with magic,"

I nodded, and we stayed near his tent and got started. He would say a spell and ask if I knew what it did and also if I could cast it myself. Most of the time I could cast it since I had been practicing magic as much as I could since Hecate had visited me and given me the information on how to do it as well as many different ancient words. After a while of me knowing every spell he brought up he asked where I'd learned all that since that was one detail that both Hecate and I had left out of the conversation at the meeting the night before. When I explained that it seemed he believed me. but then again I think he believed me the night before after Hecate and Kilf appeared and summoned Reyna.

Not too long after that, we changed from discussing spells and the ancient language to practicing protecting our minds and attempting to reach out with it to sense everyone around me. that wasn't too difficult, really. I think the main reason why Eragon got through was that I wasn't used to having to defend my mind from invasion, well that and I got distracted easily due to my ADHD. it was probably mainly luck that Murtagh hadn't gotten through the day before because I really didn't have much practice with doing it.

Despite that, I think Eragon was surprised by how well I was doing. I couldn't blame him, I don't think he fully understood that being a demigod made me stronger than most people. usually, only elves, the ra'zac, or someone equally as strong as them, would really be much of a challenge for me. Sure an extremely skilled human, like Murtagh, or some of the soldiers I'd encountered in Carvahall or while I was traveling with the villagers, might stand a chance, but most of the time normal men wouldn't be able to defeat me even if I didn't have magic or my powers. I tried not to get distracted as Eragon switched topics once again. Now that we were just talking and it was mainly me listening to him I couldn't help but find it hard not to get distracted. Now that we were just talking we had gone into his tent. we mainly discussed dragons although Eragon also told me about some of the other things he had learned with the elves. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 32.4K 44
Percy Jackson had the life everyone wanted, he was the hero of Olympus, respected by the most powerful beings, and had the best of friends. However...
26.2K 299 26
In "Betrayed," Percy Jackson finds himself betrayed by those he once trusted. Seeking an escape from the pain, he implores the gods for a release, on...
848K 9.5K 28
Percy Jackson, a son of Poseidon, is betrayed by his so called "friends" when a new child of Zeus arrives at Camp Half Blood. The gods abandon him an...
5.3K 107 14
At the end of the lightning thief, instead of poisoning Percy Jackson, Luke Castellan convinces him to join Kronos's army. What will happen when Perc...