Free Solo

Par AMAC45

Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and... Plus

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114

22

7.5K 177 17
Par AMAC45

Audrey's POV

"I didn't come here to lose to Sweden." Kelley says as her and I walk into the stadium.

Today's the semi-finals of the Olympics and we play Sweden. The other semi-final match is Canada v Team GB.

"Good to know." I say as we approach the locker room.

When I get to the locker room I head to my locker then take off my necklaces, earrings, and nose ring before I start to change I then change into my warm up shirt, game shorts, my socks and my rainbow and white boots.

After I'm dressed I head out to the pitch with the rest of the team. When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into our white jersey. After I'm dressed I wait around in my locker as the coaching staff do their last minute talks then the subs and I head to the bench.

When we get to te bench everyone waits around while the prematch stuff happens then we sit down and watch the game.

"Come on." Carli says in the second half of the game. "Let's go warm up."

"Did I miss the whole first half?" I question as I follow her down the field.

"Yeah." Carli says as we start our warm ups. "You tuned out the game."

"Oops."

"YOU'RE A COWARD...YOU'RE A COWARD...YOU'RE A COWARD...YOU'RE A COWARD" The Sweden fans chant.

"I thought they were better than this." I say.

"Audrey." Carli says and stops me. "I know your pissed, but I need you to embarrass them on the pitch and not embarrass yourself off the pitch."

"Honestly no promises."

Carli sighs and shakes her head.

"You really are your mother's daughter."

"Yep."

"SOLO." Vlatko yells so I turn my attention toward him.

Vlatko motions me over so I jog over to him. Vlatko then talks to me about who I'm going in for, but I don't pay attention to what's being said. I pay attention to the stadium and notice we are shooting towards the Swedish fans.

"We need a goal." Vlatko says making me look at him. "I don't want this game going into extra time."

As Rose runs over to me I hear something that makes my blood boil.

"DON'T FUCK UP DYKE." Someone yells.

I go to turn around to see who it is, but I'm stopped.

"Nope." Carli says then she and Vlatko turn me around. "Shut him up out there"

"You're on." Vlatko says.

As Rose gets to me she hugs me then I run on and look up at the scoreboard. It's the 81st minute and it's tied 0-0.

Time to change that.

6 minutes later Kelley steals the ball from some Swedish attacker and boots it up field. I chase the ball down and body Sembrant off the ball then race towards goal. As I run towards goal I look up and see nobody near me so I put my head down and kick it into over drive. When I get into the penalty box the keeper comes out so I hit it low and hard and the ball zips through the keepers legs and into the back of the net.

Once the ball hits the back of the net I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist then I take off towards the Swedish fan and take off my jersey. When I get right in front of the Swedish fans I hold out my jersey so my name and number is facing them which earns quite a few boo's and a couple middle fingers being shown my way.

"Alright Audi." Christen says. "I think they get it."

"Fine." I say and put my jersey back on then I hug the girls.

Once I've hugged everybody we head back up field as the ref shows me a yellow for taking off my jersey.

When we get upfield Sweden restart the game and a couple minutes later the whistle blows meaning we're going to be playing in the gold medal match.

After all the infield celebrations everyone heads to the locker room.

"Come on Audrey." Carli says and leads me out of the locker room.

"Celebration?" I question.

"Yep."

"Is my Mom gonna be there?"

"Possibly." Carli says and opens a door.

Once in the room I take notice of who's in the room. On one side of the table there's The head of US Soccer, and the head of the US Olympic Committee. On the other side of the table is Mom, two open seats and Vlatko.

"Sit." The head of US Soccer says.

I roll my eyes then take the seat next to Mom as Carli sits on the other side of me.

"Hey Mama." I say and hug her.

"Hey baby." Mom says and kisses my head. "Nice goal."

"Thanks." I say then turn toward the the people across "I assume that's why we're here."

"Correct." The US OC lady says.

"What's the problem?" I ask.

"You took your shirt off."

"So?"

"On International tv."

"Can we get real?" I ask and lean on the table.

"Can we?" The US Soccer dude says.

"You're just pissed because I celebrated against Sweden." I say and the dude nods. "Well if you were down with the fans instead of up in your box drinking champagne you would've heard the abuse I was getting."

"Abuse?" The US OC lady asks.

"I was called a coward and right before I went on the pitch I was called a dyke."

"She's not lying." Vlatko says.

"Everyone on the bench heard it." Carli says.

"Woah." The US OC lady whispers.

"Yeah so excuse me for wanting to celebrate and show them who sent them home."

"You should be suspended." The US Soccer dude says.

"What?" Carli says.

"Seriously?" Vlatko says.

"Why?" The US OC lady says.

"Fuck's sake." Mom says.

"Then fucking do it." I say making everyone look at me. "Suspend me for celebrating because I was verbally abused. Suspended me because I got us to the gold medal match. Suspend me because I celebrated. Suspended me because I took my shirt off. Suspended me if you want. I don't fucking care, but you'll care when people ask why you suspended me. I'll happily tell them exactly what happened here in this conversation and I have four other people to validate my story. So suspended me if you want to, but it's your head everyone will be coming for not mine."

I shove away from the table and walk out of the room.

"WE AREN'T DONE HERE." The US Soccer prick shouts.

"I AM." I shout back.

I walk back to the locker room and once there I ignore the looks from my teammates, who are all dressed now, and head straight to the showers. Once at the showers I stand in the middle of them and try to control my breathing.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH." I shout in frustration then rip off my jersey.

"Where's Audrey?" Vlatko asks so I grab my ripped jersey then walk out of the shower

"Am I suspended?" I question.

"SUSPENDED?" A bunch of the girls shout.

"You are not suspended." Vlatko says. "I told him that if you were suspended then I'd hand in my resignation."

"Oh...cool...I'm gonna shower now." I say then I grab my shower stuff and head to the shower.

After my shower I dry off, put my necklaces on then put my earrings and nose ring in before I put my clothes on.

Once I'm fully clothed Pinoe grabs me by the arm.

"Come on." Pinoe says and starts dragging me away from the team. "Let's talk."

"Don't you fucking touch me." I angrily say and rip my arm away from Pinoe. "You're not my mom so you don't get to handle me like that."

"Calm down." Pinoe says.

"Bitch don't you tell me to calm down." I say.

"Audrey we need to talk."

"I have nothing to say to you until you tell all of them." I say and point to the team. "Everything you said about me in 2016."

I can see Pinoe internally debating.

"TELL 'EM." I shout and angrily look at Pinoe.

Pinoe doesn't say anything which causes me to scoff.

"Of course you wanna uphold your reputation as an upstanding person." I say. "Well maybe when the rest of them find out what YOU said about me they'll see you for who you really are."

"Alright that's enough." Christen says as she and a few other girls pull me away.

"Until you are ready to tell everyone what you said don't talk to me." I say as I look at Pinoe. "Because you mean nothing to me and I have nothing to say to you."

"OH MY GOD." Kelley loudly groans. "I've had it up to here with you two bitching at each other."

"What the hell is going on in here?" Carli asks as she and my Mom walk into the room. "We can you hear you from down the hall."

"Guess" Kelley says.

"Again?" Carli says and looks at me.

"She." I say and point at Pinoe. "is the one who grabbed my arm to talk, but I have no interest in talking to her."

"Unless Pinoe tells us about what allegedly happened after the Sweden game in 2016." Someone adds.

"Oh it's not allegedly." My Mom says as she wraps an arm around me. "I have the texts to prove it." 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

195K 5.7K 52
This story is about two twins who both play soccer and come from a rough home life. Soccer is their safe place. What happens when the USWNT visits th...
412K 7.3K 52
Sage is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her father. Her mother has become abusive and hasn't let Sage out of the h...
Rush Par Alex

Fanfiction

247K 8.3K 50
Stella has been working for to achieve her dream for 20 years, but not all of her family are supportive of her dream. How will Stella landing her dre...
777K 22.9K 42
Y/n Grant is called up by Jill Ellis to be the starting Goal keeper for the 2019 World Cup. At first, the team isn't a huge fan of the cocky player...