Surprisingly Perfect

By dreamsmadereal

It only took one night to completely change my life. Jace Hetcher is a rich badboy and a total player. Now I... More

The Party
This Can't Be Happening
Little Sneak
The Secret's Out
What's The Plan?
No, Mister Hetcher
Two?
A Million Reasons
Getting Excited
Telling Jace
Paternity Test
An Awkward Dinner
The Worst People On Earth
Birthday Wishes
Making Ends Meet
Bump Buddies
It's A...
The Biggest Freakshow
This One Time, In Band Class
Pink or Blue?
Blue And...
A Secret Meeting
Julia's Gender Reveal
Baby Things and Diamond Rings
Who Are You, Jace Hetcher?
A Good Kind of Different
Not Ready
Baby Names
Dance Party for Three
Halloween with the Hetchers
The Fight
Baby Shower
The Worst Surprise
Pink Peanuts
Survivor's Guilt
Everything Upside-Down
The Big Checklist
A Dangerous Ride
Introducing...
Babies, Birthdays, and Grads
A Not-So-Typical Night
Running Away
Calm in the Storm
A Perfect Wedding
Epilogue: Here We Go Again!
The Coffee Shop
Jace's Reason Why
Her Answer
Happily Ever After
My Other Teen Pregnancy Books!
The Making of Surprisingly Perfect

The Christmas Surprise

27.5K 815 194
By dreamsmadereal

Two weeks. I made it two more whole weeks. I had just under two days left until my C-section to finally get these big boys out of me. Honestly every waking moment was starting to feel like torture. I was constantly cranky because I was hurting all over, especially in my back.

Usually I loved Christmas, but that morning I felt awful. I'd been having contractions on and off, on and off, for the past week. I begged Doctor Andrews at my last appointment if we could move up my delivery date, but she insisted we wait until the twenty-seventh.

I moaned and let out a yawn. I finally got a good night's sleep, but my back was still killing me and I hated everything.

I didn't want to leave my bed for anything until it was time to go to the hospital, but there were footsteps coming up the stairs, then down the hallway, and to my bedroom door, which flew open. I pulled the covers over my head.

"Come on, Chrys! I've been waiting for hours to open presents!" Poppy said, yanking the covers off me.

"Get out of my room!" I yelled back.

"Fine! Be that way! You're so moody!"

She rolled her eyes, walked out of my room, and slammed the door. I forced myself out of bed, into a pair of sweats, and downstairs. Every step was killing me. Another contraction hit right as I was at the bottom of the stairs. I winced and breathed through it. How was I possibly going to make it through two more days?

I walked into the living room, where once again, Mom pulled off Christmas on a low budget. The tree was surrounded by presents up to our knees. I imagined every clearance rack at Target emptied out.

"Have a seat, Momma," Mom said, patting the couch.

As soon as I sat down, Poppy tore into her presents. I opened my first one, which was soft. I ripped the paper open. It was a cool new purple purse.

"Originally eighty. Got it for fifteen," Mom said.

"Thanks. I like it!" I said.

We opened the rest of the presents and overall, I liked everything I got. I was never picky, though. Mom was doing the best she could. Plus, after having a baby shower at home and another one at work, on top of the gifts I got from the gender reveal, I had enough stuff for the boys. Everything was mostly for me.

I got a nice new laptop for my college classes, along with a dress and shoes to wear to Julia's wedding in April. Mom also threw in a few new shirts. I gained sixty pounds with this pregnancy, and even after the boys were out I probably wouldn't fit into my old clothes.

Poppy got me some makeup and this cool speaker I'd had my eyes on since before I was even pregnant. I was hoping I could use it to play calming sounds to help the boys sleep.

After suffering through presents, I sat at the table, fidgeting and trying to get comfortable as Mom made us her classic Christmas morning sticky buns. I forced myself to eat and got a text while I was at the table. I threw away my sticky bun, went upstairs to change, then grabbed my car keys.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Mom asked as I reached for the door.

"To see Jace."

"What? Why?"

"Because the father of your grandkids sent me a text. He wants me to come over and spend time with him, since it's Christmas. It sounds like he's got presents for me."

"Okay, well hurry back. You can't miss the annual—"

"Cookies for lunch while watching all the cartoon Christmas specials. Don't worry. I wouldn't miss it for the world," I said, closing the door.

I found the energy to walk through the snowy driveway and out to Smushy. I really didn't want to go to the Hetcher's, but I needed some air. Because of winter break, I'd already been off for three days and hadn't left the house at all.

As I drove there, in my car and two days away from delivering my twin boys, I thought about that spring day when I found out I was pregnant and rode my bike on this same street to the Hetcher mansion. It's so crazy how much things can change in only nine months.

The gate was open for me already. I parked Smushy and keeled over when I got out, holding onto the door handle. Another contraction shot through my abdomen. It was the most painful one yet. I breathed through it, let it pass, and went to the door.

Chase was the one to let me in. Once we were in the living room, Katherine and Tim were nowhere to be found. I figured that was the reason I was invited over.

"It's Christmas Day. Where are your parents?" I asked.

"They're a few blocks over meeting up with their close friends. We usually all go but Jace and I wanted to hang back here this year," Chase said.

We walked into the living room and saw Jace sitting on the couch with his feet up, watching TV.

"Oh, hey," he said, getting up. He came over and gave me a hug, then rubbed my baby bump. "And Merry Christmas, little guys." 

"Where's your parents?" I asked Chase.

"Would you like Henry to bring you breakfast, Chrys? We have fresh bagels and cocoa," Chase said.

"No thanks. I'm not super hungry." I could feel another contraction coming. The couch was calling my name. "I'm just gonna sit down."

"Sure, go ahead. Jace, why don't you bring her the present?"

Jace looked up from his phone and sighed. He went over to this massive Christmas tree that must've been at least ten feet tall, and picked up a present.

"This is a special gift, just from me," he said, handing me a rectangular box.

I tore off the paper and underneath it was a white box. There was a green blanket inside that said Oliver. My heart was melting, even more so when I saw the blue blanket underneath it. Oscar. I gasped.

"You changed your mind?"

"I convinced him," Chase said, standing up a little taller. "It sounds a lot better, having the two O names." 

"Besides, I just liked the way Blaze sounded. It doesn't mean anything, like the name Oscar means to you," Jace said.

"Well, I really like it. Thanks!" A smile crossed my lips. "I...didn't bring you anything. I didn't know we were exchanging gifts."

"I thought the blankets would be good for the hospital. It's why I'm giving them to you now," Jace said.

I grit my teeth at another contraction. It seemed like they were getting more regular since I woke up. I tried my best to hide it, but it was no use. Jace was immediately by my side.

"You're still having Braxton Hicks?" he asked. 

"Uh, huh." I took a deep breath. "I think I just need to use the bathroom. I'll be right back."

"Sure thing. I'll get a movie ready for us," Chase said.

I waddled around the corner to the bathroom. The second I pulled down my leggings and sat down, there was a huge gush. No. Please. Not now. Not today. Not here.

I sat down on the toilet and took a few breaths. No. No no no no! Another contraction. I breathed through it, cleaned myself up, and looked around the bathroom. I sat down just in time. No mess, thank goodness.

"So, guys?" I said when I walked back into the living room. They both looked up. "I uh...think my water just broke. I'm going to run home and grab my stuff so I can go to the hospital."

Chase, who was sitting on the rug, shot up so fast and so high, I thought he would hit the ceiling. Jace's phone fell out of his hand. His eyes were huge.

"What? N-no, don't go home!" Chase said. He looked over at Jace. "This is all you bro. You take her in the BMW. Chrys, don't you worry. I'll text Poppy so your family can grab your stuff and meet us there."

Jace, without a word, was at his feet and running out of the hall. I used the couch for support as another powerful contraction hit. Chase had his hand on my back.

"Jace, step on it!" Chase said.

"I'm here. I'm ready," he said, standing in the doorway. He was holding my coat and my purse. "Let's go, maid."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 51.5K 40
Scarlett Everwood isn't necessarily your average 17-year-old girl, but she's managed to get by. After a year of pulling herself back together, she's...
127 0 39
Warning MPreg! Theo and Nathan have a long history of hatred and it all started the day Theo was the new kid at Nathan's school. Almost 10 years lat...
2.4M 18.6K 7
Highest rank #1 in teen fiction I had a simple plan. Get a good GPA, escape into college and never turn back. I didn't hate anything because I knew...
428K 16.9K 67
Everly had her life all planned out. She was going to marry Brad, her best friend since second grade, her high school sweetheart, and soulmate. He wa...