Guest Found Dead ✓

Bởi sparklingauthoress

When her close friend and neighbour, Sarah, is found dead in a pool of blood, Lisa sets on a mission to unrav... Xem Thêm

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seveteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Epilogue
Appreciation
More from The Sparkling Authoress

Chapter Twenty

71 6 3
Bởi sparklingauthoress

Miles Arrest

A scream was heard and not long after the police had invaded the Matthews' house. There was a very hysterical Antoine sitting in a corner of the living room crying.

Like a replay of the scene that happened at Sarah's house, a scene that was still fresh in the mind of the residents of Liddenville and now this.

It was still early in the morning as the police removed her body and put it in an ambulance. It looked like suicide but a strange one.

Normally, you would see people who just hung themselves, but in Ana's case, she was bleeding from the mouth, though the blood was now dry.

Had she taken pills and then hung herself? No one mode of suicide was enough and it was rare to find people who used more than one means.

Madisyn and Ian were the ones that came along with the policemen and ambulance which had now gone.

Robin said he couldn't come. He just couldn't bear to see what had happened and how it had happened.

Once he heard the news he froze, unmoving. Ian had to pry the phone from him and talk to the person before he and Madisyn left. They didn't know what to say. They both knew that he had feelings for her and couldn't imagine what he was going through.

Ian had just finished talking with Antoine and sent her with a policeman to the hospital. She might need therapy to talk to someone professional. He joined Madisyn who was standing still in the room looking at the spot above the bed where the rope had been tied to the fan.

"What do you think about this?", he asked her.

"I don't think it was suicide.", she said and Ian whipped his head towards her.

"You think it was a murder?", he asked.

"And it might jolly well be the person we're looking for.", she said.

"What do you mean, she was found hanging? Who would have the strength to hang someone unconscious from a fan.", he said.

"Two people. Okay, look at this scenario. Let's say she was close to Robin because she was probably doing her investigation of some sort.",

"Why would she be doing her investigation?", Ian asked.

"Didn't you hear her, she said Sarah was one of the true friends she had so she probably wanted to find out who killed her. Let's say the murderer found this out and he or she along with their accomplice killed her and then hung her to make it look like a suicide."

"And what makes you sure they killed her?", he asked.

"I'm starting to think you've lost your detective sense. Didn't you see the blood on her lips? It was dry, meaning that she had stopped bleeding for some time. The autopsy would give us an estimate, paint a better picture for us and clear up whether this was a suicide or not.", she said.

"Well I think it's a suicide.", he said.

"And why?"

"Cause I spoke to the neighbour. He saw a man named Miles..."

"Yeah that was her second friend.", she cut in.

"And the guy came with a car and dropped her off. He spent some time before he left. The neighbour also said Ana looked very sad.", he said.

"Not because she looked sad didn't mean she killed herself.", she said.

"No it doesn't but the neighbour said that Ana was always taunted for some reasons relating to how she lived before. People always insulted her and so she had fewer friends. Maybe she was depressed.", he said and Madisyn was quiet for a while before she spoke again.

"Nah. I still don't think so. I mean, we saw how friendly she was towards Robin. Plus, we both agreed that she had a thing for him, so why would she take her life if she had something blossoming with someone, she would have at least thought of him.", she said and Ian for the first time looked deep in thought.

After a long while, he spoke. "Fine, you stay here and keep making your findings and gather more information. I'm gonna drop by the station and tell Robin, then I'll get that Miles guy for questioning. If he was the last person to see her then he'll be able to have a say if it could have been a murder or a suicide.", he said.

"Why not just get him and take him to the station? Why drop at the station first?", she asked.

"Cause Robin needs to know how far we've gone or what we're doing. Plus, I don't have his number to call him and I'm sure you don't either.", he said before leaving.

》》》》》

Lisa woke up feeling confused. She was confused about her feelings. She didn't know how she felt about Hugh since it's been a while and she didn't know if what she was starting to feel for Pablo was not just some rebound to get her back from Hugh's sudden departure.

Surely, she didn't want to use Pablo as some rebound. He was her best friend she couldn't jeopardise their friendship like that.

She couldn't even call what they had a thing. All she knew was they had kissed twice and they felt different about each other.

She sighed. She was starting to have a little headache from all this thinking. She got up and went to have a shower. After serving herself a nice bowl of pasta she went to her room. She didn't have anything to do when she remembered the diary.

She got it and continued reading.

April 7th

Yesterday was shocking. I found out something I didn't even think was possible. So Josh took me to his parents for the first time just so we could get used to each other, he said. I was excited though 'cause if all goes well, they might just end up being my in-laws.

I like Josh, a lot and I know Lisa doesn't approve so much 'cause she thinks he's a jerk but he's very nice and one day (hopefully at my wedding) she would realise he isn't a jerk.

It makes me sad sometimes because I've always wanted a boyfriend and a best friend who would be pals and would be nice to each other but I ended up getting Lisa and Josh who don't like each other. That reminds me I should make it one of my missions, To get my best friend and boyfriend to be friends. Wow, so many friends in that statement.

At this, Lisa gave a small smile. Sarah was planning to make her and Josh get along. That was something that would never have happened considering the fact that even her death didn't bring them close.

She couldn't remember the last time she saw Josh after that day. Even at the burial, she didn't see him. He might have come but she didn't see him.

So back to what I was saying. We went to his parent's house which is very huge, though it's not as huge as my aunt's.

Lisa already knew she was talking about Irene and even if she didn't say she was, she would have found out because it was only Irene's house that was bigger than that of Josh's parents.

So when we got there, his mum, Maria was nice she invited me to have tea with her and Josh's dad, Carter. Such a conniving, sneaky man. All through the tea, he gave me disgusted looks like I was some filth. I felt like slapping him and after finding out what I did today, he is the filth.

The only time he talked to me was when he asked me where I came from and what I did. When I told him I was an artist he made a sour face. Then he revealed some information about my past which I am not surprised he found that out, given how cunning and sneaky he was. Sure Josh was a bit angry that I wasn't truthful about my past but we were able to get over that and that just proved that his father is the problem. When I tried explaining to him, he didn't even bother to listen and just walked out.

Rude much! Lisa thought.

That was so rude.

At this, Lisa smiled. They had thought the same thing. Well technically, she thought the same as Sarah.

Anyways, so after he left, Josh also left because he was angry with me at that time so it was just Maria and I. She never judged me for whatever Carter said and still supported me. She always mentioned how happy she was that I was with her son. I'm pretty sure she would be an amazing mother-in-law.

When I was ready to go I went to the toilet before I left but on my way back. I passed a room where I was sure it was Carter on the phone. I listened and I found out he was talking to his lover which was Gwendolyn!

Gwendolyn and the mayor! They were seeing each other!

Lisa was in complete shock. She took her time to try and think if there was anything she could remember about the two of them being together but she didn't. Well, she like everyone in town, knew of Carter and Gwendolyn's past as high school lovers but after his marriage to Maria, that had surely ended. No one had ever suspected them so that means they hid their relationship well.

I couldn't believe what I heard so I stormed into the room and confronted him about it. I told him I was going to tell Josh and his wife. So he threatened me.

Carter had threatened her, could he be... Lisa held her train of thoughts and continued.

But who did he think I was? Did he think I was going to keep my mouth shut? I told him I wasn't and once he knew I wasn't intimidated he moved on to saying Josh and Maria wouldn't believe me. He had said that Maria loved him more than anything.

That spineless cockroach, who did he think he was? Cheating on his wife when he knew she loved him. What kind of man would do that? And he looked at me like I was filth. He was the real filth and he deserves to be exposed.

That was where the entry ended for that day. Lisa closed it looking baffled. Carter had threatened Sarah. What if he killed her because he thought she was going to expose him.

She had to tell Pablo about this. As she was about to get her phone she heard the bell ring. She looked at the time. It was still early who could it be?

A voice in the back of her head said it could be a dangerous person.

What if it was, she thought. She looked around and grabbed a baseball stick that belonged to her since she was young and headed towards the door.

》》》》》

Ian entered Robin's office. He saw Robin facing the window. He didn't know how to start. He now saw it was stupid coming here. The man was obviously grieving. He turned to leave but Robin spoke.

"What have you guys found?", he asked.

"Well, it looks like a suicide though Madisyn speculates it could be a murder considering some facts. The autopsy would make that clear for us. Her neighbour said she looked sad when she came and the last person with her was Miles. He was the one who dropped her off and... Where are you going?", Ian asked when he saw Robin taking his jacket and his gun.

"I'm not making this mistake again.", he said and left. Ian followed him out.

"What mistake? What are you going to do!", he called out.

"As a policeman, you should know a murderer when you see one.", Robin said as he neared his car.

"And who are you going to arrest?", Ian asked.

"Miles Dwine.", was all Robin said as he entered his car and drove off leaving Ian who felt like he made a big mistake coming here.

And true to his words and on no evidence, Robin went ahead and arrested Miles for the murder of Ana Matthews.

Okay, who thinks Robin is crazy? Cause I kinda do. I mean, what do you guys think? Is this because of his grief or just What? And should Ian have just gone to Miles for questioning first? And who do you think has come to visit Lisa? So many questions. And yeah, sorry to drop this on you guys but the next chapter is gonna be a bombshell. From the title, you'll know. ;D

Vote, Comment, Share
SJ💝

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

1.2K 63 11
CRIME/THRILLER, MYSTERY [+BOOK 2] An unexceptional woman becomes a murder suspect when the son of a high-ranking police official who harassed her dau...
96.6K 1.6K 40
Caged, abused and tortured, Ariana's life had been a living hell until she was forced to spy on the most dangerous mafia in the whole world, La Cosa...
The Painting Bởi Col

Bí ẩn / Thriller

133K 8.7K 94
"It took me five seconds to fall. The impact on my chest jarring my body but not my mind. I suppose this is the point where your life is supposed to...
659 158 22
Carry on living without parents is already hard for them. Angeline and Sarah have been living under a happy masks seeing the other's happiness. Mostl...