A Plus In Love

By ElleUnsworth

Lily and Giles are selected for a class experiment. It's senior year and the summer wasn't kind to Lily or Gi... More

Electric Feel
*TALK*
*Baptized By Fire*
*In Sickness and Health*
*UNSOLICITED ALMOST D*** PIC*
*CO-SLEEPING*
*Farris Wheel*
*Better*
*LOVELY*
*PANIC SWITCH*
*HOUSE GHOSTS*
*FUSSING*
*ONE DARK SPOT*
*HOME WORK*
*THE SLEEPS*
AU
*PRELUDE*
*COUNTERPOINT*
*F***ED UP FOREPLAY*
* CATS OUT OF THE BAG*
*CHOICES*
*SHE GAVE YOU HER FLOWER*
*JUST A SLIGHT BUZZ*
*WHAT WAS IN THE CUP*
*UM...WHAT*
*UM WHAT..PT2*
*BREAK*
*PAIN IS MY FAVORITE COLOR*
*DOMESTIC PARTNERS*
Author Note
*JUST ANOTHER COURTROOM*
*EVERYBODY'S BACK*
*THERAPY*
*ROCK MEET HARD SPACE*
*Some Time Later*
*SEVEN HOURS THIRTY SIX MINUTES*
*GOOBYE*FAREWELL*AMEN*
It's FINALLY done!
Question

*Where Is Your Mind*

1.6K 67 15
By ElleUnsworth

We walked into school with heavy attention. Not what I wanted when I didn't have a hoodie on. We had homeroom together so we walked all through the building and down the stairs. At the door Giles pulled me back a few steps and held up his phone, camera ready. I gave him a smile and went back into the classroom.    

    Beth and Anna were already there and they were looking at me with eyes the size of saucers. I knew Giles was behind me because I could feel him tugging at the ends of my hair. I took my usual seat beside them, and as expected I was pulled away a few inches so I was right next to him. I motioned for them to move closer and they did.

    "Beth and Anna, this is Giles." I felt a finger poke between my ribs. "Uh..my hubs. Hubs, Beth and Anna." He smiled at them and he talked for a moment while I tried not to feel all the eyes in the room on us.  They  both stare at him, wordless.

    "You two are embarrassing me. He is just a boy. Talk to him." Beth took a deep breath and looked between us for a minute.

    "HI Giles."

    "Hey. Aren't you partnered with Serge in Life class?"  She blushed, oh Lord.

    "Yeah, he doesn't really talk much, I don't think he likes me." She looked down at her feet. Giles leaned over me, his chin on my shoulder. I tilted my head away from him.

    "No it's not that, he just doesn't  talk much. I think I may have heard him say all of ten words in three years. Don't take it personal. He shows his intentions in other ways."  Mr. Rea came in, late as usual and without looking at any of us rattled off roll.

    "Alright heathens, go to first period." I gathered up my things and head to English, with that ever present tug on the ends of my hair. I tried to ignore it and but he was keeping me close to him that way.

    "My hair is not a leash, Giles. I don't mind if you play with it, but not while walking." He stopped us and pulled me over to the wall, out of the flow of bodies. He faced me and sank his hands deep into my hair and gather it in his fist and gently pulled my head back. I didn't know what to think.

    "Do you like that?" I did like it and that wasn't good. So I put both my hands on his chest and pushed. He stumbled back and took some of my hair with him.

    "Don't do that. We are not a real couple." I turned around and rejoined the stream of moving bodies. Not long he was beside me again, up the stairs around the corner to the door for English.  He stepped in front of me to block my entry.

    "I didn't mean to upset you. I just want to have fun with you." He kicked at the carpet.

    "That's not the kind of fun we are meant to have Giles." I brushed past him and went into English class. He came in a few minutes later and handed the teacher a piece of paper. She nodded  for him to take a seat. Of course  he walked up to the kid beside me and gave him the boot.  "Giles!"  He leaned up a seat to the kid and apologize.  "You weren't in here yesterday."

    "I am now."  He was up to something for sure.

    "What are you getting at St.Claire. You are way to into this for it to be just an assignment."  The teacher cleared her throat and began telling us how we were going to be going over four of Shakpear's works this year, blah blah blah. I knew all of them already. Easy A.

    "My parents want you to come over for dinner on Saturday."

    "Why?"  I was looking over the first piece of work we were going to be studying.

    "My dad saw you in the driveway. Wants to meet you."  I gave him the stank eye.

    "You told them we aren't together right?"  He nodded

    "Of course. My mom really likes you and just wants to talk". We are going to be spending a lot of time together. One dinner  wouldn't matter.

    "Sure. What time?"  The teacher cleared her throat at us. Giles waited for her to look away then leaned in.

    "Six thirty. Wear something sexy." I did pop him in the shoulder. I wasn't like the girls he dated. I didn't wear skirts and show of my tits.  I would wear a dress, but it wouldn't show anything. I sighed heavily.

    "Am I to expect you in all my classes now?" I needed a break from him. His presence was almost overwhelming.  I had hyped this up so much in my brain that now that it was happening, it felt like he was suffocating me sometimes. I didn't realize how much I really did like being alone.  How could I want to be alone when I had Giles next to me?

    I was still afraid. This still didn't feel quite right. It felt right  when we were in the middle of an easy  flow but when things got quite or awkward, it showed. He didn't quite feel comfortable with me. I knew that look, I wore it well. He might not be doing this to me, but he was doing something to someone and I was part of it. Or maybe he really just wanted to get a good grade and be friends.  He hadn't never been a part of any pranks in the past and has always stood up for kids he's seen bullied.

    Maybe I was just projected my insecurities on him. He was most likely just prodding me to get back at Melanie for whatever they are squabbling about . They will get over it and we'll be good friends.

"Not all, I don't take zoology or Choir."  Oh great, a skip between the last  periods of the day.  I got two one hour breaks from him before going home. Which he now wanted to be the drive home and dinner on saturday. Mrs Morris had mentioned extra credit for optional standard couple activities. He had started an Instagram account the first day. If it was anything like his actual instagram...OH Boy! I don't like taking pictures.

"You were in one class yesterday,how did you manager to switch the rest? He smiled and started typing on his phone. I grabbed his arm. "Hey we are talking,you look at me when we are speaking to each other." I cocked my head to side to get it across to him that I was serious. "It's disrespectful." He looked shocked for a moment but put his phone in his pocket.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize." He did looked remorseful too. His sweet face with a hint of sadness made my heart cry. But he needed to understand. I was raised to expect particular things for a man. I was raised to meet certain expectations. Have manners, be polite and courteous. Help when you can and stand for those who can't. I was raised that you better not start the fight, but you damn well finish it. "I've never had someone care before."

"It's good manners, and your suppose to be paying attention to your wife." I glared at him with a smirk. He smiled back and the bell rang. He took my bag again, right of my shoulder and we were mid stream in the line out the door.

The hall however was fast streaming and the volume of people overwhelmed me. Normal what I would do was just ride the outside currently. It took longer to get to class , but I didn't have a panic attack either.  Giles moved me in front of him and somehow molded around me. It was astonishing.  He was taller than me and his shoulders were more than twice as wide as mine.

He had that classic greek body. His waist tapered down to his hips. His stomach was flat and now that I had a photo of his bare chest, I knew he was cut. A well defined six pack, a possibility of an eight peeking out. Even Mrs. Darcy had gasped and gulped a little when she took the phone from my hand.

I was completely stunned. I assumed it was from my friend Lettica, she gets a new number every two weeks. But nope, I opened a message to Giles clearly posing and smiling sexy af at the camera.  My entire body froze. It was better than I had imagined. He was gorgeous.  So how could he make me feel so small, and protected by him? He just step right into the flow of traffic and move to our next class, free and easy.

He felt like he covered my completely. But there was no way. My waist was twice as wide as his and my hips too. He picked out our seats he put me against the wall at the corner of the class in the back. I had one friend in this class and she came in smiling at me like the devil. She sat in front of me and handed me her phone.

Our instagram account was pulled up and a picture of me for not even an hour ago was up with the caption Wifey realizing I'm a part of her bubble now."  There were over three hundread likes. She giggled.

"Scroll down and look at Giles comment for his personal acct." It was the fifth comment down. She told me how disrespectful it was to look at my phone while we were talking. I was posting this but she didn't care. She demanded my full attention. Man that's something new.

I looked over at him. He was talking with his friends. Underneath his comment where several more. Mostly positive.  I had expected to see Melanie blast  her ugly opinion on here. But she wasn't on any of the posts.  He looked back at me.

"Why isn't Melanie commenting?  I gave back Alison's phone and raised an eyebrow at him.

    "I blocked her and all her little friends. This is supposed to be a good and positive thing." We adjusted our attention to someone who clearly was not Mr. Kicks. He was older and seemed very disinterested in what was going on in this room.

    "Hello Class, Mr. Kicks and his wife welcomed a new baby over the summer. I will be your sub until he finishes paternity leave. I'm Mr. Burger." He had wheeled in the good ol' t.v with a death grip from a  bright orange strap. We were watching a movie! Not that movies about microorganisms where interesting but it wasn't boring lectures. Mr Burger popped in a movie and turned to us before starting it.  "When we are done watching the movie, I want an essay written about how the microorganism was born, spread, lived, reproduced and died. Was a vaccine and or cure created? Why or Why not. Where did it originate?"  He handed out a paper titled study guide.

    I was looking over the questions when I felt Giles lean toward me and tap on my shoulder. I turned to him to see what he wanted and his lips brushed mine. I pulled my head away, and furrowed my brow at him. He just smiled at me and showed me the picture.  It was a little blurry on my part, but did look cute.

    "Microbiology and chill." He took a picture of the title of Contagion. I had seen this movie a few times It was a good, but made you feel like you wanted to go live in the forest.  I started answering questions before the movie even started. "Wifey. I like it when you don't wear the hoodie."

    "OK. Random. I like it when you don't wear your hair in a ponytail." I turned my attention back to the paper. His hair tie spun around my pen. His beautiful black hair fell around his shoulders. It was silky and shiny. He took care of it. I took some of it between my fingers, it felt soft. Then it dawned on me. He wanted my hoodie.

    What shirt did I even have on underneath this? I pulled at the neck and looked down. It was my Deadpool t-shirt. It wasn't tight on me so, I gave the hoodie up. My friends had been trying all our high school career and Alison started at me as he shoved it in his backpack.  Then he pulled it back out. He folded it up in a square and laid  his head on it, on my desk.

    I don't remember him being like this with Melanie. She always seemed to be barking orders at him and he just did it. I always though the sex must be amazing. Or maybe he just like bitches. It wasn't my place to judge.  I had friends that liked dicks.

    "When I said you could touch me, I didn't think it meant we were going to be going all in. Is this how you wanna do this? Cuz I promise this isn't going to go like you think. I told you once Giles, being with a big girl is a whole different ball game." He just took my hand and plopped it on his head.

    "Soothe me." One of the other students petitioned Mr. Burger to turn the lights out, due to hard of hearing? Mr. Burger obviously gave no fucks.  I had Giles lift his head, sweeping all of this hair out from under him. I raked my fingers through his locks and then began to massage his scalp. I was actually watching the movie and mindlessly playing with his hair.

    Alison turned around to look at me when a small noise escaped my mouth when I felt his hand on my thigh.  I smiled at her and nodded toward the movie. She looked back and I lowered my mouth to his ear.  The warmth of his hand was seeping through my jeans

.

    "What are you doing? We were having a totally normal couple kind of time"

    "Soothing you." He didn't look up at me.

    "That is not soothing to me." I bounced my leg. "That kicks my anxiety into high gear." I could feel it starting to squeeze my lungs and my thoughts were starting to jumble and race. "Please."  I didn't want to have an attack in school.  He didn't move his hand but he leaned up and face me.

    "It's not sexual Lily. I mean it can be, it just  wasn't meant to be. Just focus on my fingers and the movements." He laid his head back down and I tried to focus on just his hand and his movements and not where it was on my body. His fingers trailed and down my thigh. Soft and light. In patterns, at first a figure eight, then hearts, then I don't know what. I zoned out hard.  I was vaguely aware of the movie and his hair in my fingers.

    The lights were bright and unnatural. I felt like I was coming out of a haze.  I blinked a few times before I felt a tickle really high inside my thigh.  My instinct was to push back but I was already butted up against a wall so my desk just rattled. Giles had been asleep and  his eyes were rolling around in his head as he tried to figure out what was wrong.

    "We have to have a discussion about boundaries." He shoved my hoodie in his backpack and grabbed my stuff. We were just two doors down from our next class. Pre-Cal. I hated math and it hurt my brain every time I had to do it but I had goals and I need a noteworthy gpa. Again I was steered toward the back corner. We settled down, but class hadn't started yet."I need you to let me concentrate. I have a hard time with math."

    "I got you wifey, this stuff is easy. I'll get you an A." He seemed so no chanlent about.

    "No. If you would like to help me, I will appreciate it, but you aren't going to do my work." I pulled out my notebook, pencils and erasers. I already knew what battle I was going into. I also feel like I have it when the teacher explains it. I even do the practice questions along with her. Then about 4 questions in I just get stuck.  Your suppose to be able to use your new method to solve various equations. But my brain just couldn't take the basics and run. It could  only figure with the most basic forms.  

    My parents tried to make me feel better telling me my creative side was too dominant. I was always able to work a little harder and achieve my goals in academics.  But math was always going to be my weakness.

    "I'll help you." He was quiet and I listen and he left me alone until I started to get frustrated. He laid his fingers over my wrist and I looked up. I was trapped in a storm of numbers and symbols. " Stop, I'll help you after school."  I was about to ask why when the bell rang. Forty five minutes and I got six questions done.  "Let's go to lunch" I stood up to stretch.

"No. I got to lunch with my friends off campus." I tried to get to my bag before he could. But he reached over the desks and stole it from my fingertips. This is why he was a Star football player.  Dammit. "I drive us because I have the best car and there isn't any more room."  I technically wasn't lying. I was just omitting that we could squeeze another person in.  "Shucky Darns"

    I had already locked eyes with Deann who was at the door waiting for me. I was begging for telepathy between us to be a thing so she would just know what to say when we got there. I reached for her, she knew that wasn't normal.  She saw behind me too.

    "Are you ready to drive us to lunch. The others are already walking that way." He was silent behind me. I started to go with with Deann but I felt his fingers slide down the inside of my forearm and encircle my wrist. He yanked me to his side and Deann let me go.  I watched as she stood stone still, unblinking as he took me away.  I just trailed behind him like a sad puppy.

    Lunch left us open to a wider group of spectators and I wasn't quite ready for that.  I wasn't used to him yet. He took us around the corner and into the alcove where the soda machines used to be. Extra chairs were stacked here now but you could still tuck away.  He dropped our bags and spun me around until I was in front of him.

    He moved forward and my natural reaction was to step back. Step for step until I was pressed between his body and wall. He placed his hands on either side of my head, palms at the height of my ears. He pushed himself back, and looked down at me. I was on the verge of being frightened. His eyes were a dark blue.

    "I don't really belong to you Giles, you can't do this."  I had pushed off the wall a little, but he leaned right into me with my words. He dropped his hand so his hair fell in my face and his scent filled my lungs. He smelled like vanilla and lavender and it  surprised me. I lost myself in the burst of the moment.I grabbed his shoulders and pulled myself up into his hair. But it wasn't really his hair.  It was his skin. His soft,warm, smooth skin.

    He pulled my face away from his neck with his hand in my own hair. What did I just do? He looked at me for a long moment before tilting my head to the side and burning his face in my neck. WTF?  I thought he was going to pull away but then I felt a warm tongue go up my neck.

    "I drive my wife to lunch." Then he turned around and walked back towards the hall.  I took a moment to breath. His saliva was cool on my neck.I dabbed His wetness from my neck with the hem of my shirt and followed. The girls where indeed at my car and were not looking at me. "Lily is going to ride with me.  We will meet you there.  He basically threw me in his car.

    "Ok seriously Giles. You've gotta stop acting like this." He started the car and then he grabbed my neck. He rubbed his thumb over my throat. " Stop touching me like that."

    "Don't you like it?" He backed out and followed Deann's car out of the parking lot and onto the road. It didn't  matter how I felt about it. This wasn't real and he was making it really hard to keep believing that.

    "It doesn't matter.  The more you do stuff like this, the more I think something is going on. Why would you suddenly be so interested in me, even for a school assignment. What are you doing with me Giles?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 70 27
Y/N and Aaron believed that their lives would slow down a little after Y/N remained with the BAU and Aaron left. But with a job as time consuming as...
178K 4.1K 33
Ayda and Kingston are seniors at the same high school. Their graduating class is over 300 people they have a few classes together but don't talk and...
38.5K 684 61
"Evan, you can't control me all the time" Willa exclaimed, her voice laced with anger and hurt all in one. "Why can't I control you? I'm in love wit...