The Protector

By ShadeandShadows

Thrust into an unknown world that had only lived in myth, Tracy Evans finds herself mated to a werewolf, Prot... More

Author's Note (Please read)
Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 (Mature Content)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 (Mature Content)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Mature Content)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Short Bonus)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Mature Content)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Mature Content)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 (Mature Content)
Chapter 37 (Mature Content)
Chapter 38 (Mature Content)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Not a Chapter
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Mature Content)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Just a note... please read.
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Before we continue... Help Wanted
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Author's Note (Ignore this)
Author's Note
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
THE END
Author's Note
Q & A
NEW BOOK!!!
EXCITING NEWS!!!

Chapter 48

2.7K 119 35
By ShadeandShadows

CHAPTER 48

Jackson was not happy. First and foremost, taking them to Dameon Wilde would mean leaving his mate behind. No female, mated or not, within a 100 miles of the Rogue King was safe. The man had a reputation of being jaded and women could not resist his cruel charm. They feared him as much as they drooled over him.

The difference between the "kingdom" of rogues and regular packs is the same difference between the early american colonies and the pirates of the Barbary Coast. A werewolf council was established to make and enforce laws to maintain order. Rogues were outcasts of the normal packs. Rogues with ambition and Alpha blood would savagely fight to the death to establish their kingdoms. In all there were 8 known rogue kingdoms that were set up in the "Unclaimed" Lands all over the world. These areas were considered neutral territory. As long as the rogues didn't attack anyone then they were left at peace by enforcers from the Werewolf Council or Born Were-Hunters such as Tracy's father.

Dameon held claim to all of the United States. He maintained control by intimidation and fear. However others have started to silently rise to power and Jackson wondered how much longer the Rogue King would hold his throne. Already others have started to use the title of royalty. 

Jackson was completely against taking his daughter and step daughter anywhere near "Rogue Ranch" as they had named the king's domain. The ranch was located in a remote desert area in New Mexico. Jackson remembered Dameon from when he first was banished from his pack. He had been a mere child about 6 years old but had seen more with his young eyes that gave him more of a world weary gaze than men 6 times his age.

The previous king, Dameon's father, was sadistic hedonist and the drugs and orgies were unbelievable. Jackson had stayed there for almost 3 years as a bodyguard for Dameon. He met Carla's mother, Mina, there. She was a human that had been invited to a party. Normally the king would have first dibs but Jackson had saved Dameon's life during a hunt the day before and he was given first rights on the new "party slut" as a reward.

^Mina^

Jackson became a "lone" wolf by choice after he scented his pup growing in Mina's belly. She had become an addict and staying around the ranch would have been a constant temptation due to the free flowing drugs that was in abundance. So Jackson essentially kidnapped Mina and forced her to get clean so that his pup would be born healthy.

It was such a messed up time and Jackson had no desire to revisit that place. Jordan and Laura mind linked him to find out why they could feel his distress. Jackson said that everything was fine and he would tell them when they got off work. Carla could also feel his turmoil over the paternal bond.

"Dad. You don't have to do this." She said quietly.

Tracy nodded, "It's a lot to ask. But it has to be done. If you could just give us the location-"

"Then what, Luna?" Jackson asked his dark stone cold gaze trapping her own, "That place is a hell. The last "King" was Caligula reincarnated. Vlad the Impaler was nowhere nearly as creative in his methods of torture and death. The Creator only knows what sort of creature his son is. It's a place where no one can save you. What happens there doesn't matter to anyone. If the council or our Alpha finds out that you are wanting to go to such a place you will be locked up and forbidden to leave. If you go without their knowledge, then your on your own and help will not reach there in time."

"I'm a Protector-"

"You!" Jackson snapped cutting Tracy off once again, "Are becoming arrogant with your powers. 'Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.'" he quoted, "Truer words were never spoken. You must be careful. You can't protect anyone if you disregard your own safety and waltz blindly into danger. As a Luna you should know this."

Tracy sighed, "What would you suggest I do?"

Jackson was silent a moment, he knew what he would have to do and pray she doesn't hate him later, "I will see if I can get into contact with a man I knew. His name is Crim. He held some sway there and was the only one that could reason with Demon, the last King. He would be able to give us some information about the current one and we might be given an audience. While it doesn't guarantee that we'll walk away. It will allow us to at least get in and speak with Dameon."

------------------

A few minutes later....

"The Rogue King is most curious to meet you." Jackson said after hanging up the phone, "As luck would have it Crim was with Dameon, he was turning in his retirement notice. I simply said that you were interested in speaking with the Rogue King in person. Dameon himself gave permission and safe passage. Safe passage is as good as life insurance that not even Allstate can top."

"And it was faster than Gieco." Reilly interjected.

Jackson continued as if Reilly hadn't spoken, "We can leave immediately." he said looking at flights on his phone.

"Book it and let's go." Tracy said pulling out her card that Jonathan had given her.

Arriving at the airport they got through security quickly since no one had any luggage.

"Why did we leave so fast?" Reilly asked from across the aisle where he sat next to Cade, "We have no snacks."

"Jonathan is gone overnight and will be back tomorrow evening." Tracy replied.

"And I needed to leave before my mate came home and insisted on coming with us. I can't say no to that woman." Jackson admitted from where he sat next to a sleeping/drugged Tiffany in the seats in front of Tracy and Carla.

"That still doesn't solve the snack problem." Reilly growled lowly looking sadly at the measly bag of peanuts.

"You want substance?" Firelight asked climbing onto Reilly's knee from the inside pocket of Reilly's jacket, before waving his hands. A few seconds later a piece of fried chicken and a small bottle of hot sauce was conjured from thin air.

"Lighter man, you are my most favorite person in the world." Reilly said around a mouthful of chicken.

"Close your mouth when you chew!" Carla gritted out, the sight was making her sick.

Tracy agreed feeling slightly queasy.

"And what about you my beauty?" Firelight asked Carla, "Sweets to match your sweetness?" he made a box of chocolates appear, "or something more exotic like yourself." he poofed up a plate of steaming escargot.

Carla lifted a brow, "I'm a snail?" she asked drolly.

The smell was too much and Tracy quickly made her way to the bathroom. After emptying her stomach contents, Tracy rinsed out her mouth, and examined her pale face.

Great! Stomach bug...She thought with a sigh.

Returning to her seat, she turned to Carla and asked, "How did you get Jack to let you go?"

"I told him that I was spending the night with my dad." Carla replied.

"Ha! Smart."

"And truthful..."

"Yeah, yeah. Though technically I didn't lie to Jonathan."

"You told everyone not to bother you because you weren't feeling well."

"I just threw up. My stomach is upset so technically I didn't lie either."

They were silent a moment before Carla spoke again, "They're going to kill us."

Tracy sighed, "I know but there was no way Jonathan would have allowed this."

"You still should have tried."

"I know."

------------------

They checked into a cheap motel, six and a half hours later, to freshen up. Tracy and Carla washed an unconscious Tiffany up and did their best to put some makeup on her which was difficult because her head kept rolling to the side. Frustrated, Tracy threw her brush down.

"I don't even like putting makeup on myself but she always has an entire makeup section pasted on her face. I think we should wash it all off and let her natural beauty shine because Lord knows she doesn't have any inner beauty to display. At this point I don't care how mean that sounds." Tracy growled.

Carla was liking the "clown" effect she was making on Tiffany's face. Grabbing the lipstick she said, "Hang on she needs one more thing," painting the tip of Tiffany's nose bright red, she said, "Voila! Perfecto! She's done."

Tracy eyed Tiffany, "Is she supposed to be Rudolph?"

"No silly, Pennywise." Carla said with a smirk.

"Well she's definitely horrifying. Seriously though we need to get this stuff off."

"We have no more makeup and besides I worked so hard on this."

Tracy raised a brow.

"Fine," Carla said as she grabbed a washcloth and wiped away most of the lipstick on Tiffany's nose, "There she's done. Let's go." Carla said hurriedly, standing up.

Going to the next room, she knocked on the door to see if the guys were ready to leave. The guys entered the room to pick up Tiffany on the way to the rental SUV.

"I thought you guys were supposed to work some girly magic and fix her up to meet her mate." Reilly said.

"She's fixed." Carla said waspishly.

Reilly rolled his eyes, "Hopefully the dude is into comic con."

Carla felt slightly bad for the botched makeup. Meeting your mate is a special moment in both your lives. But then she remembered the bitch's crimes and wished she had left the red nose on.

They got into the vehicle and as they rolled up to the huge metal gate in a chain link fence topped with barbed wire that looked more like a prison than a ranch. Looking over the barren landscape, they wondered if they would be walking away in the same condition they entered. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 9.1K 29
BWBM ♤♤♤♤♤ Darius picks me up from my seat and pushes me against the wall. "It's hard to concentrate with that enticing smell coming off of you in w...
5.3M 142K 80
I was walking down the hallway when all of the Sudden I feel a hand grab me and pull me into a janitors closet . I let out a scream , not knowing w...
277K 13.5K 55
{MATURE +18} I am strong, I am resilient, I am fire... *******************************************************************************************...
274 2 42
Seth Jackson was the first of her kind. She was the first ever tribrid in history. Knowing this, her two brothers were going to do anything in her po...