A Pirate's Tale [Larry Stylin...

By GrauesBluemchen

[Sequel to A Pirate Story] by Chelli Time has passed and things have changed drastically ever since the attem... More

Prologue
1- A stroll around the past
2 - By All Means
3 - Rest
4 - Explain
5 - Progress
6 - Angry
7 - Grapes
8 - Magic
9 - Coast
10 - Spain
11 - Fight Me
13 - Journals
14 - Back In Action
15 - Same thing
16 - Bruises
17 - Comfort
18 - Rekindle
19 - Fresh Oceans
20 - Homly Shores
21 - Gray
22 - Navy
23 - Steps
Epilogue

12 - Mixed Signals

655 37 11
By GrauesBluemchen

Liam, Dean and Louis were back on board just before dawn. The last rays of light still brightened the sky a little, while the opposite side to the dawning sun was coated in a deep, dark shade of blue with little stars twinkling faintly.

Meanwhile, the crew on the ship was already preparing everything for when they would leave Spain's coast again. Their next destination being England. At least that's what Louis was told. After all, Harry probably wanted to get the treasure now. He'd been promised the exact location by Louis, so they might as well go and get it. Louis frankly had no problem pointing them into the direction.

In fact, it would probably be a good idea to check if Louis' theory was true and a quick visit to Harry's quarters could not only give him the answer he needed, it would also provide some welcomed entertainment.

So Louis said his goodbyes to both Liam and Dean, and specifically thanked Liam again for the new blouse, before he left the scene, only to end up in front of Harry's doorstep. Just like all those times he visited him before, in the past.

He carefully knocked on the door, waiting for that muffled "come in" like he heard it so many years ago. He pushed the door open and stepped into the room, closing it mere seconds after he entered.

Harry was sitting at his usual spot, going through the checklist he had made earlier to cross out everything they got from the trip to the town.
,,What do you want?" Harry asked blatantly.
The work probably was dull enough to lower his good mood from before. Now he came across a little more bored and busy.
,,Just wanted to inform you that I won." Louis grinned, taking a few steps towards the captain's desk.

,,That's pathetic."
,,What is? That I won?"
,,Yes."

Louis felt a little insulted. It didn't hurt his self-esteem, but it still bothered him that Harry didn't show him the interest or approval he thought he would get. He didn't even pretend to care. Not even a single compliment or notion of kindness. No more showering him in compliments.

,,That's rude." Louis added, looking at the ground to hide how much he didn't like Harry's disinterested over his little put somewhat meaningful achievement. Especially after he had lost time and time again while fighting against Styles.
,,It's not. It's pathetic. You can tell me when you successfully fought an actual pirate. Not a guy who can barely hold a sword."
,,He's not that bad." Louis mouthed, but he got nothing back. ,,Let me enjoy my little achievement."

Harry most likely just rolled his eyes and kept ignoring him. It was hard for Louis to tell, cause he would not look up. Not even for a spare second.
,,Anyways. What's next on the agenda? Are we going to England or..."
,,Soon."
,,Alright." Louis bit his bottom lip, keeping his words from spilling out. He didn't want to talk too much, fearing that Harry might get angry or kick him out if he mindlessly rambled some more. After all, his mood swings were unpredictable at times. But now it got quiet and neither Harry, nor Louis liked that.

,,Was that all? You wanted to disturb my work for that?"
,,Yea, kinda. I don't know. It's really an old habit of being here by evening." Louis smirked.

Harry's eyes finally glanced up at him as he brought up such a key memory from the past. From when everything was still easy. When Harry would basically wait for Louis to show up in his room.

Harry thought for a moment, before he put down his quill and got up from behind his desk. But it was not what Louis had said that sparked his interest. It was something else.
,,Where did you get that from?" Harry suddenly asked, gesturing at Louis' new blouse.
,,Oh. Liam got it for me. Isn't that nice of him."
,,I can't believe it." Harry quietly muttered to himself, turning his face away from Louis. His facial expression changed in the blink of an eye and his body language said it all. He was absolutely baffled by how his crew went behind his back so shamelessly.
,,What? Don't you like it?" Louis asked, picking at the material.

,,I can't even rely on Liam anymore. He also betrayed me. God! Do I have to do everything myself?" Harry vented. It wasn't hard to notice how done he was. Mostly due to exhaustion though.
,,Guess so." Louis mumbled. Just adding fuel to the fire.
,,Oh, you be quiet!" Harry hissed at him, causing Louis to press his lips tightly together till they were thin lines.

Harry put his hands on his hips, debating on what to do next. He couldn't trust anyone on this ship anymore, cause they all fell victim to Louis' charm or trickery. He would have to take it into his own hands from here on out. He had to deal with this mess himself from now on.
Harry's eyes went around the room, lost in thought on how his crew with his very own, two best friends came to betray him. His own god damn crew!

,,You're just trouble, you know that?" Harry's voice was weirdly calm, more fitting to his bored attitude from before.
,,I know."
,,Sure you do? Cause you keep causing it."
,,I didn't know a blouse would bother you so much."
,,It's not the blouse, it's..." Harry stopped. He didn't have to explain himself to Louis. Instead, he should be angry with him. ,,... Just be quiet."

Louis smiled unwillingly. It was fun to watch Harry totally out of place. He looked so clueless and that was something rare, which Louis had always enjoyed a little too much. This was probably how Harry had felt, whenever he watched one of Louis' plans turn into a disaster.

,,Besides. The sun is down, and I think your crew is waiting for further commands."
Harry dropped his hands from his sides and looked back at Louis, noticing his satisfied grin.
,,Why didn't you say that first?" Harry spoke, rushing past Louis and towards the door, to go on deck and instruct his crew on how to proceed.
,,I thought my win today was important enough."
,,No. It's still pathetic!"
And then the door closed behind the captain, leaving Louis by himself in Harry's room.

Louis smiled fondly at the captain's behavior after the door had shut. He knew he didn't mean it. He was probably proud of Louis. At least a little. He just didn't want to show it.
But now he was gone and Louis was alone in his room.

Usually he would have gone straight to planning what shenanigans he could do next, but he was still trying to show his better behaved side, so theft, destruction or even a little act of arson were out of the question this time.

He technically didn't have any reason to steal, cause he still carried the sword Harry had given him for their training. He didn't need another weapon. In fact, it was quite strange that he still had the sword, cause rule number three clearly stated that Louis wasn't allowed any weapons. Yet, Harry didn't bother about the deadly object, but instead got stressed over a piece of clothing.
Louis shook his head with the same smile from before still resting on his lips.
The captain himself seemed to disregard the rules. He wasn't any better than Niall or Liam and Louis loved it.

And if even the captain was breaking rules now, then surely this was the prime time for rule breaking and why not use this to Louis' advantage.
So the pirate walked up to Harry's desk, brushing his fingers over some of the documents.

If Harry wouldn't tell him where they were going, then the maps on his desk would. And to no surprise, Louis was right.
He put a few papers off to the side and was promptly met with a map showcasing the quickest route from Spain to England's beautiful south coast.

The pirate took the map in his hand and set down on the captain's chair, gazing at the route. In his head, Louis was already sketching the way from the harbor to the place closest to where the treasure laid buried. It wasn't even that far from the harbor. Maybe a couple of hours. It would be easy to get if nothing went wrong in the meantime.
,,What are you doing?"
Louis looked up from his place, watching as the captain walked back into the room and immediately hurried over to the pirate.
,,Who allowed you to go through my stuff?" Harry quickly snatched the map out of Louis' hand and took a quick glance at it.

,,So we're going to England next?" Louis shamelessly asked, smirking again at Harry's obvious displeasure.
,,Don't snoop through my stuff! Who even allowed you to sit there?"
,,I didn't want to stand around while waiting for you."
,,Why were you waiting? Haven't you told me all you wanted to tell me."
,,Yea, but you haven't. So I found the answer to my question myself." Louis said proudly, causing Harry to despise him even more.

,,Get up!" Harry demanded.
And Louis did. Even though he did it with a displeased groan and a clear dislike for Harry's harshness.
He got up anyways and silently stood opposite of the captain, looking at him as if he was waiting for further instructions.
Harry eyed the smaller pirate up and down, thinking of what the hell he should do with him. Throwing him over board was still an option, but something inside of Harry told him not to do it. Essentially cause he was necessary if he wanted to get the treasure.

,,What is it? Still got a problem with the blouse?" Louis grinned as he toyed with the captain.
But Harry just rolled his eyes, paying no further mind to Louis' teasing words. Instead, he was more focused on the weapon he seemed to have forgotten about.

Harry looked back up at Louis' making their eyes meet more intensely. He held out his hand towards the cocky pirate.
,,Give it."
,,What? The blouse?"
,,No not the blouse! The sword, you idiot."
,,Oh" Louis smiled, obediently taking the sword he still carried with him to hand it back to the captain.
,,What a shame. It really suited me."
,,Tell yourself." Harry quietly mumbled, putting the weapon off to the side.
,,I sure will."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.3K 2.3K 35
(BOOK ONE) First they have to hide their relationship because Louis isn't ready to come out then they have to hide it because their management don't...
51.8K 2.3K 30
the sequel to 𝘮𝘦, 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘰𝘯, in which life in the woods brings more dangers than the boys could have ever imagined. a surprisi...
59.5K 2.9K 24
Against his wishes, Omega Prince Harry Styles is arranged to mate with someone he doesn't love, much less knows. Though he pleaded to his parents inc...
4.2K 248 20
Liam Payne and Zayn Malik are paid to kidnap people for their boss Niall Horan. Their adopted son Louis wasn't meant to be a part of it, until Niall...