BTS' New Manager

By PurpleQueenie

(Y/N) had always been interested in travelling the world and now is BTS' only female manager. She has to give... More

Intro
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 1

37.1K 1.1K 850
By PurpleQueenie

BTS gathered nervously inside PD-nim's office unaware of why they had been called in before leaving. It was pitch black and more than once Namjoon caught sight of his tired members as the maknae line leaned on each other for support forming a cuddle pile whilst being vertical. A smile tugged at Namjoon's face at that and met Jin's tired eyes also smiling at the sight. Yoongi was already seemingly asleep leaning on the wall for support and it was only Hoseok who seemed to have a tiny amount of energy left and that was keeping him awake. The door shut behind them and PD-nim cheerfully strode in ignoring the tense silence in the room or the bodies which straightened at his presence as though functioning on autopilot.

After he'd settled down, Bang PD let out a chuckle which dissipated the tension in Namjoon's shoulders which slumped in relief to the sound of joy. All of Bangtan got into formation and as one bowed respectfully towards Bang PD. On their straightening, he got straight to the point
"I won't keep you here long because I know everyone's exhausted after your training schedule today. You guys will be having a new manager joining the team from tomorrow so I expect you to make h— them feel welcome. They're Korean but were raised abroad so I hope you'll make them feel welcome and work together well. That's all. Go rest."
He finished leaving the members now fully awake and wide-eyed in shock.

Bang PD grinned to himself, stifling a chuckle. He'd purposely not mentioned that their new manager was female wanting to hear from her what their reactions were and also wanting to know if they could easily adapt and accept a female manager as capable to lead them. Not only Bangtan but she was also the head of the managers too for BTS.

Bang PD POV:

(Y/N).... frankly he'd accepted her interview application on the urge of his friend who insisted that she was extremely capable as a young graduate fresh out of university but also knowing her father as a close friend of theirs. Rather than giving her leeway because to that, Bang was extremely difficult and harsh in his judging, firm on his belief not to give favouritism. As a result, (Y/N) had gone through the most interviews and challenge tasks not to mention having her fly out in the middle of her work schedule all the way to Seoul for her final interview.

Shaking himself out of his thoughts he provided their manager's interview application to Namjoon, purposely leaving out her photo, and permit them to go home.

BTS POV:

Their car journey home was suddenly lively with chatter except for Yoongi who had taken the passenger seat and was asleep.

"How can PD-nim just announce a new manager..." shouted Jungkook, his mouth forming a pout which made his hyungs coo at the action even whilst nodding along to his words.

"They're not even raised Korean..."
"They won't know how to manage us"
"Do they even know BTS?"
"Hey, do you know BTS?" suddenly shouted Jin before realising that their new manager was not even present and tailed off with his ears turning pink.

Namjoon sighed.... he also had his doubts but he'd have to trust their PD as well as become the leader and reassure them.

"Guys! It won't be that bad, we can't overthink this. Just... trust PD-nim and wait for tomorrow.", and with that the car once again fell into silence, each troubled with their own thoughts. The silence continued until Yoongi cracked open an eye and voiced out
"Well let's just see.... PD-nim is human too. Humans make mistakes."

And on they continued homewards and remained in a stilted silence as they got ready for bed, thinking of what awaited them tomorrow.

Next Day...
Your POV:

The sun filtered through the closed bedroom curtains but the bed was already made, in fact the room was empty.

I hadn't actually slept since landing. You had been greeted by a BigHit employee who had escorted you to a car and taken you to your new apartment (imagine it as you will but it's luxurious and decorated to your taste) and rather than crashing in bed after two long flights, I was buzzing with energy and nerves and so spent the night organising the documents you'd been left regarding Bangtan's schedules and necessary files for their upcoming promotions and workload.

It had been a terrible habit since childhood to get anxious of work was left incomplete before you went to bed and as a result often missed out on sleep when uni deadlines came up, exam season and even organising family events. However, it was with sheer determination you stayed up and by the time dawn broke, I was already dressed in running clothes and taking advantage of the gym within the apartment complex.

I quickly threw on a black slip to cover my clothes and since it was a bit chilly in the early morning hours. As you entered the gym you noticed it was mainly empty spare a few early risers. You quickly glanced over them all before making a beeline for the private booked session with a fitness trainer you had wheedled your dad into paying for.

2 hours later....

Drenched in sweat, you rubbed your face with the towel slung around your shoulders becoming increasingly self-conscious of the stickiness and no doubt mess you looked. Especially because South Korea had extremely high standards regarding public appearances than (Y/C) you flung the hood of your slip up grateful for your insight. As you left, your eyes habitually scanned the room again noticing a lone figure dressed in black also packing up to leave.

I hurriedly made my way out of the gym, bowing respectfully towards the guards and any others you passed conscious of formalities in Korea. Most of the staff were aware of your occupation but you had also introduced yourself as you came last night, bearing food and some baked goods. Mum's habits of hosting and giving food freely and as a form of introductions had rubbed off and so they smiled as you left.

What you were unaware of though was the black clothed figure who followed you, head tilted in curiosity, doe-eyes widening at the familiarity the staff seemed to show you. He couldn't make out your features because of the hood and neither did he feel confident in striking a conversation with a stranger.
What surprised him further was that you both appeared to take the same journey towards home, he also lived in the block but the floor they were on was heavily guarded and secure. So... who was this mysterious figure who entered the apartment next door. The door clicking shut softly.

Shaking himself of his thoughts, the figure entered his own apartment which was beginning to stir to life.

Jungkook POV:

I closed the door behind me, already the smell of Jin hyung's cooking filling their dorm. As he passed the bedrooms, he yelled "Wake up" for the sleeping members. Hobi hyung walked out the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and immediately pounced on me.

"Urgh hyung..... you're getting me all wet and you're squishing me. Eomma, EOMMA SAVE ME!"

Jin came running out wearing an apron and brandishing his spatula but sighed at the common sight and retreated back into the kitchen.

"Hurry up kids..." he said as he walked off. At the smell of food, I ran to shower knowing hyung wouldn't let me sit at the table all sweaty. Jiminie hyung and Tae hyung passed me by, and behind them was the slow zombie walk of Yoongi hyung who looked half asleep still.

After showering and eating, we all piled into the car with Seijin hyung driving us, he had a small smirk on his face and occasionally let out a chuckle as though laughing at an inside joke the rest of us didn't know about. He dropped us off before rushing to his meeting.

Your POV:

I turned to address the three managers sitting at the table waiting for me, just then Seijin-ssi ran in and I nodded permitting it knowing he'd just dropped Bangtan to their practice room.

"Hello, I am (L/N) (F/N) from (Y/C), please treat me well." I said bowing at the managers. They smiled in response and welcomed me to the team.

"Although I am new to the role, please don't hesitate to correct me or give advice if you see any thing I can improve in. Also, please drop the formalities as you are all older than me. My position may be of leading you but please.... I want us all to be comfortable and treat each other like equals."

After finishing the brief meeting, I asked Seijin oppa to ask Bangtan to come to my office at their earliest convenience and went to make my office more personal and welcoming. I had some furniture ordered before coming to Seoul and it was all waiting in my office when I arrived. Closing the door, I removed my blazer and hung it up, rolling up my blouse sleeves ready to work. A few hours later, I had set up the office to my preference with a section with sofas for meetings with a coffee table at the centre. Having learnt of their habits as part of my preparation I had also sectioned a portion of my office to have a few beanbags and comfy couches which could pull out to become beds. I left this hidden behind a portable screen knowing my tendency to nap could hit at any time as well as a more relaxed setting for the boys should they want to relax as well as providing them privacy if they wanted.

Bangtan POV:

"...And that's it for today boys, let's wrap up! Well done for your hard work!" Rang the words of the dance instructor.

As though being held up by strings all this time, all of BTS collapsed to the ground immediately except Hobi who continued to jiggle up and down. The rest of them eyed him tiredly wandering where his energy came from.

Suddenly, Namjoon shot up.

"Guys we have to go meet the new manager after today's schedule!" And all of a sudden the boys seemed to rouse from their positions and quickly make their way to their new manager's office. As one they gathered outside the door, hesitant to knock and suddenly a pale hand shot out and rapped on the door.

Everyone turned to glare at Yoongi, who seemed unbothered by his doings but inside he too was worried about their meeting.

Soft footsteps made their way to the door and a soft click before the door was being pulled open....

Bangtan looked ahead expecting to meet the face of their new manager but found nothing until a small, delicate cough was heard and they looked down to the sound.

From behind the door part of a face could be seen. Big (E/C) eyes peered up at them and their head quickly shook before opening the door fully. Before them stood a young woman dressed in a semi-casual attire who suddenly became flustered by the seven pairs of curious eyes on her.

"Sorry, we just wanted to know if the new manager is in. Could you tell him we're here to meet him?" Namjoon asked.

The woman's head tilted to the side in slight confusion before straightening and bowing respectfully.

"Please come in, I'm sorry to not have said that first" and ushered them all in, guiding them to the sofas and offering them drinks and snacks before settling down on a vacant sofa.

They all stared at her confused until she looked up feeling the weight of their curious stares, immediately to which they all averted their eyes.

"Bangtan Sonyeondan please let me introduce myself as your new manager. I am (L/N) (F/N) from (Y/C) and I will be here to help guide you down your already successful road towards further happiness... oh and fame."

After her brief introduction, she looked up finally making eye contact and giggled at the sight, a soft tinkling sound erupting from her throat, before she flushed and covered her mouth.

Before her sat seven stunned men, drinks half-raised or mouths hanging open.

Before the silence was broken by a rather disinterested voice.

"So our new manager is... you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 7.9K 31
Taehyung got a new job, he works as an assistant for a new popular Kpop boy group called BTS. The manager thought it would be best if Taehyung lived...
2.1K 147 17
COMPLETED A new life in a new country, what could possibly go wrong
40.2K 1.2K 6
BTS's manager leaves for a few months for a business trip. A new manager takes his place and starts abusing Taehyung behind closed doors.
5.6K 110 14
Y/N's best friend is moving away when her dad gets a new job. Jungkook is the new exchange student, but will Y/N hate him as much as she thinks?