Free Solo

By AMAC45

Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114

20

7.6K 179 2
By AMAC45

Audrey's POV

"Great job today ladies." Vlatko says as we all sit in the meeting room at the Olympic Village.

Our first two games were the only games that weren't going to be near Tokyo so we're now staying in the Olympic Village and Kelley is my roommate.

We were the first game today and we beat Cameroon 3-0 with Christen getting all three goals.

For the second straight game in a row I didn't play at all.

"You girls are free to go, but you have to be back by 11 pm." Vlatko says then he and the coaching staff leave.

"Bye." I say and grab my stuff then start to leave the room

"Woah Little Solo." Tobin says and wraps me in her arms.

"Where are you going?" Kelley asks.

"One of my friends from college is playing with Team USA in the gold medal match of the softball competition so I'm watching that. After that her and I are gonna go watch Maya play against Canada in basketball" I say. "And I really need to leave now."

"Text us when you get there." Alyssa says.

"K. Bye." I say then I run out of the room and out of the Team USA Dorms.

Once outside of the door I get in one of the rentals we have then drive over to the softball stadium.

45 minutes later I arrive at the softball stadium so I park, put on my Sis Bates Jersey that I borrowed from her closet at our place in Seattle, then I head inside to the friends and family section where Sis' parents are waiting

"Hey Audrey." Sis' mom says and hugs me.

"Hi Mrs. Bates." I say then I hug the rest of the Bates'. "So how's she doing?"

"She's coming up to bat right now." Sis' Dad says so I turn around and watch one of my best friends hit.

The first pitch Sis gets is right in her wheel house so she swings and drives the ball out of the park putting Team USA 1-0 over Japan in the bottom of the 3rd inning.

"GO SIS." I shout as my friend crosses home plate then her teammates immediately engulf her in a hug.

Sis looks up towards her family and I then she waves before she returns to the dugout.

The next four innings go by very fast and when the American pitcher strikes out the last Japanese batter everyone loses their shit.

Sis' homerun was the lone run of the game so needless to say she was the most sought after woman by her teammates to hug.

After the medal Ceremony I approach the net so I can talk to Sis once her parents are done.

"Look at you scoring the winning run." I say.

"I can't believe that just happened." Sis says.

"Do you still wanna go to Maya's game?" I question.

"Can we make it?"

"Yeah we can make it."

"LET'S GO SIS." One of the softball ladies say

"You go celebrate and I'll wait in the parking lot for you." I say. "I'm in the Red Nissan Maxima."

Sis nods then she heads with her team to the tunnel while I head back to my car. Once in the car I change Jersey's from Sis' softball jersey to Maya's purple UW basketball jersey watch the Sweden v Brazil game.

Near the end of the game Sis taps on the passenger window so I let her in, hug her, congratulate her again, then we head to the basketball arena.

"Are you guys not celebrating your gold medal?" I question as we pull onto some Japanese Highway.

"We celebrated in the locker room and we're celebrating later." Sis says.

"Oh my extra jersey is in here." I say and point to the center console.

"Thanks." Sis says and grabs my extra Maya King Jersey then she puts on the gold Jersey. "Audrey can I ask you something?"

"Of course." I say.

"Are you still in love with Maya?"

"Not like I use to be." I admit. "I still have a lot of love for her given what we've been through together and for the fact that she was one of the first people who made me comfortable in my own skin."

"Did she ever get together with that best friend she loved?"

"No." I say. "That was just a lie we told so we wouldn't have had to tell people that us being kidnapped ruined our relationship."

"Oh." Sis says then she clears her throat. "So who do you play next.?"

"Uh it depends on the last game."

"Which is?"

"Japan v the Netherlands."

"So if Japan wins?"

"We'll play the Dutch." I say.

"And if the the Dutch win?"

"We'll play Australia."

"Sick." Sis says. "That Alanna girl plays for Australia right.

"Mhmm."

"And her girlfriend?"

"Yep." I say.

"That should be fun."

"If I actually touch the field it might."

"You didn't play again?"

"Nope." I say.

"Well that sucks." Sis says and I nod my head.

The two of us continue to talk for the rest of the drive then when we get to the basketball arena we park then we rush into the venue. Once inside the venue we find our seats then we look for my ex.

"That drive took longer than I thought." Sis says.

We missed the first half.

"Same." I say as I find my ex looking around the arena.

Eventually Maya finds Sis and I so we smile and wave at her to which she smiles and waves back before she returns to her bench.

"Hey there's like five minutes before the second half so do you wanna go get food and a drink?" Sis asks and I nod.

Before we leave I catch Maya's eyes then tell her where we'll be. My ex nods so Sis and I hurry to get our food and drinks then we head back to our seats and get there right as the game resumes.

Sis and I watch Maya ball out through the second half and at the end of the game Team USA beats Canada 90-69. Maya, who's a Shooting guard, scored 22 points and had 12 assists.

"Hey Stud." I say when Maya approaches after the game.

"Hey." Maya says and hugs me then she hugs Sis. "Nice jerseys."

"Thanks." Sis says. "Had to support our roomie."

The three of us lived together in my childhood home our sophomore, junior, and senior years.

"Did you guys win?" Maya asks and looks at Sis.

"We did." Sis says and pulls her medal out from under her jersey.

"That's my girl." Maya says with a smile.

"Now we just need you two to win gold." Sis says.

"We'll see." Maya says. "Lot more games to go."

"MAYA." Someone yells then all three of us turn and see Elena Delle Donne look at Maya. "LET'S GO."

Maya nods then she hugs Sis and I before she returns to her teammate. Sis and I leave the arena, get back in the car, then I drive her to the place where the Softball team is celebrating.

"Thanks for the ride." Sis says as she takes off Maya's jersey.

"Of course." I say as Sis gets out the car. "Have fun."

Sis and I say goodbye then I find a sushi place, grab some sushi and a drink to go, then I head back to the Olympic Village. After I get back the Village I park next to the rest of US Soccer's rentals, grab my sushi, my friends jersey's, my credentials, my phone, and my wallet, then I head up to my room on the 12 floor. Once at my room I sit at the desk in the room and watch the swimming that's on while eating my dinner.

Once I've finished my dinner I throw my trash away in the trash chute in the hall then I come back into the room and take a shower. After i've showered I dry off before I put on a sports bra and sweats then I head into the room.

"Hey roomie." Kelley says and jumps on my back.

"Hi Kels." I say and hold up my Mom's girlfriend. "How was the date?"

"It was great." Kelley says as I carry her to our bed.

When we got to the Olympic Village Kelley and I pushed the beds together to make one big bed.

"Your mom took me to watch some of the swimming races, we went and had dinner, then we watched some of the gymnastics competition." Kelley says.

"That sounds fun." I say then I set Kelley on the bed.

Kelley changes into her pajamas while I grab my Mom's jersey then I head to the bathroom and change out of my sweats and sports bra and into my Mom's jersey and my boxers. After I'm dressed I grab my dirty clothes and put them up then I get in bed with Kelley.

"So what did you do today?" Kelley asks.

"Watched the US win gold in softball, watched the US women's basketball team beat Canada, then got some sushi for dinner."

"Fun." Kelley says then I notice she looks like she wants to say something.

"What's on your mind Kelley?" I question.

"Have you talked to Pinoe since the incident?"

"Is that what you guys are calling it?" I ask and chuckle. "The only way I will talk to Megan is if she gets on her knees and begs. Otherwise I have nothing to say to her."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Rush By Alex

Fanfiction

247K 8.3K 50
Stella has been working for to achieve her dream for 20 years, but not all of her family are supportive of her dream. How will Stella landing her dre...
The Crown By Alex

Fanfiction

250K 9K 74
Anna has had a very hard upbringing, but she's defeated every hurdle thrown her way. But what will happen when her biggest secret comes to light and...
308K 4.8K 40
Uswnt oneshots with Y/n reader.
777K 22.9K 42
Y/n Grant is called up by Jill Ellis to be the starting Goal keeper for the 2019 World Cup. At first, the team isn't a huge fan of the cocky player...