new perspective

By -CRAZYGENIUS

in zak's imagination, anything was possible. even without a huge load of money standing beside his name, he... More

o. NEW PERSPECTIVE
i. AN UNEVENTFUL DISTURBANCE
ii. THE WONDERS OF WAITING
iii. WHEN BEING OKAY WAS NORMAL
iv. COWARD
v. RICH LIKE CHOCOLATE
vi. DRAWING WITH FLOWERS
vii. US
viii. DON'T BREAK ON ME
ix. KIT'S NOT BLUE
x. OH , ISN'T HE LOVELY
xi. MORE THAN ANYTHING
xii. GET ME OUT OF MY MIND
xiii. NO ESCAPING THE INEVITABLE
xv. THE END OF ALL THINGS

xiv. TRUE LOVE

1.2K 95 149
By -CRAZYGENIUS

chapter fourteen,

true love.

┠━━━━━━━━━━┦

[unedited] 14.

maybe i was weak, because it had been only five hours since i last saw darryl, and i was already standing at his doorstep. i tapped my foot anxiously, knocking once more.

i needed to talk to him. i craved to be by him again.

my stomach had been full of butterflies ever since, they threatened to be free. 

opposite from earlier, my mindset had changed. i didn't care that me and darryl "ruined" things by our love, because, i didn't care about my mother. i deserved to be in a happy relationship, not her. definitely not her. 

darryl and i could run off without them. we would start our own life together, living in the same apartment, sharing our mornings, afternoons, and lives together. endlessly. our love would make it through everything. together.

the door opened, and his beautiful face popped into frame. he waved, "hey."

"hi." i responded, but he didn't seem to share the excitement. "are you doing okay?" i asked him, my words filled with care. 

he glanced behind him, before closing the door and walking toward me. "not really.." he dragged, biting his lip. 

"do you want to go for a walk?" i suggested, and he nodded, slipping his hand in mine, "yeah."

we walked for a couple seconds to nowhere, before we found an abandoned bench. convenient. "let's sit." i told him, gesturing to the seat. darryl squeezed my hand, so i took that as a yes.

we sat together, intertwined.

i took off my jacket and wrapped it around him. i could tell he was cold and probably wondering why he didn't grab a jacket in the first place. i hoped mine would be enough.

the sun was setting behind him, meaning it would only get colder from now on. i rubbed my hands up and down his clothed arms, smiling warmly. he smiled back. 

words weren't needed. we were too special for them.

"he hit me again." darryl said after a while, piercing through the air. i was leaned into his chest, my eyes closed and our hands connected once more. i loved holding his hand. i loved everything about him.

"where?" i asked. he shyly whispered, "on my stomach. but then he threw a plate on my head."

i got up from my position and softly replied, "did it hurt?"

"no." he shook his head, "i didn't feel anything. i felt hurt inside, though. it didn't last long because i couldn't stop thinking about earlier today."

"that's why i came." i said to him, "you were all i could think about."

i didn't want him feeling any sort of pain with me. i wanted him to forget all of that and be the person he wanted to be. 

"there was one thing that i was specifically thinking about." i quietly explained, moving a little closer to him. being in his proximity was all i needed. 

"me too." he replied, and i could feel his body relax. with that, i relaxed, too. why be so scrunched up and nervous all the time when you're around somebody like darryl who takes away all the worry?

i breathed, forcing myself to calm. were we thinking about the same thing? did he want this as much as i did?

"what were you thinking about?" he asked, feeling all the nervousness start to take over. we already knew we loved each other, why was this so scary? 

"how much i wanted to kiss you." i replied in a small whisper. my voice was so quiet it almost flew by my ears. we connected gazes, and all i could see were the stars.

in his eyes, i saw all the constellations. the stars aligned together to create one massive masterpiece. maybe one of those stars were old, though, because we'd have to be careful. we might create a supernova. 

an explosion of a once beautiful star, its remains wondering through the galaxy without meaning. the star lost the one thing it was once good at, and that was shining. 

the departure of the star was always known, as a supernova was the most biggest explosion a human had ever watched. 

it made sense. obviously, something with such worth wouldn't leave without going unnoticed.

connecting the stars, i smiled. he smiled back. i loved his smile. 

"i like the sound of that, honey." darryl told me, and i don't know how, but i suddenly was only inches away from his perfect lips. 

we were close, our noses were touching, my breaths weren't my own. it was perfect. everything always was.

"i love you." i whispered, my words vanishing through the darkness of the night. darryl found their disintegrating pieces, solving their mystery, "i love you too."

and then i leaned a little closer, finally having all of him. our mouths held a symphony of love and truth. i moved mine slowly, placing my hand on his cheek. he brought his hand to my hair, running his hand through in a motion of comfort. 

he moved his lips, too, because with every move and steady rhythm we followed within each other, my heart jumped a little louder, and my nerves fell a little slower. 

his cheek was cold from the air, bringing flames to my fingertips. my body was on fire. i felt hot. 

i kissed him a little harder this time. i brought love and made it into lust. i took my hand and placed it on his chest, above his heart. we were moving in a perfect sync, and i wanted nothing for it to end.

we pulled away when we were desperate for air, leaning our foreheads against each other. i peaked an eye open, breathing in his flushed aura. his cheeks were a dark red and his lips were bruised with love. i probably looked identical.

i leaned back in once i gathered all the air i needed, pressing my body against his. he reacted the same, tugging on my hair.

i was on some kind adrenaline. i felt it pumping through my veins, cascading through my arms and overflowing in my palms. my hands were fire, spreading wildly and quickly.

i never thought this is where me and him would end up, making out on a bench in the middle of no where. it didn't even sound right.

he pulled away this time, his eyes glassy and wide. we didn't speak anything. the quiet buzzing of my ears was good enough.

i leaned against him, resuming the same position we were in beforehand. my hand found his, interlocking our fingers and resting them on my chest.

closing my eyes, i wondered, out of all the love and passion, "what were you thinking about? on our date."

getting comfortable, smiling against the stomach of my one true love, he then told me in a monotone voice, "nothing."

"what?" i questioned, sitting up from my spot. i turned over, and he wasn't there anymore. 

nothing was.

i was in the box, but the box had furniture. and people. 

i rubbed my eyes, feeling the plush of the chair below me. my dad was sitting beside me, hands folded firmly in his lap. his eyes were brimmed with tears, "i just — i just don't know what to do."

"tell him the truth." the woman sitting across from him told. "you love him more than anything, right?"

my dad nodded, "yes. i do."

"tell him that it's not true, and that it never was." she spoke firmly, her words leaving pain in my chest. "there's no escaping the inevitable."

"but he won't leave his bed. he hasn't for days. how will it tell him if he won't listen?"

"hello?" i asked aloud, but their conversation still continued. i was spectating.

"that's why they call it the wonders of waiting." she said, a fake smile plastered on her face, "he will listen. you just will have to give it time."

"i've given it time." he insists, pleading, "i've given him two weeks."

"don't force it. soon enough, he'll be all ready to go, and listening to your every word. it'll just blow by like an uneventful disturbance. give it time."

i tried to grab a hold of my dad, but he disappeared, too. everything did. until, i was back at that bed he was talking about, opening my eyes for what it felt like the first time in weeks.

»«

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.9K 1.8K 37
🌊skephalo 🌊 Darryl and Zak are In high school, And they become friends. They have agreements then and there. And they of course get jealous. But...
780K 17.2K 44
When is romance, friendship, loyalty, and drama. it only takes one breezy afternoon for two boy's lives, to change.. for better or worse. Will Zak ra...
1.6K 88 20
#1 in minerrant(I messed up the name :(( ) #197 in skephalo!! 3/21/23 100 VIEWS YIPPEE Bad would say he was kind of a loner, he didn't mind obviously...
248K 10.4K 25
{#1 in skephalo - 09/04/2020] (cover art by katx-x on deviantart) ~ Zak Ahmed and Alice Cooper were the hot couple of the summer. It was the perfect...