Adorable Treasured Fox: Divin...

FRIES1andCHIPS0 által

She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family. Having just transmigrated into a young lady's... Több

Chapter 526-530
Chapter 541-550
Chapter 551-560
Chapter 561-570
Chapter 571-580
Chapter 581-590
Chapter 591-600
Chapter 601-610
Chapter 611-620
Chapter 621-630
Chapter 631-640
Chapter 641-650
Chapter 651-660
Chapter 661-670
Chapter 671-680
Chapter 681-690
Chapter 691-700
Chapter 701-710
Chapter 711-720
Chapter 721-730
Chapter 731-740
Chapter 741-750
Chapter 751-760
Chapter 761-770
Chapter 771-780
Chapter 781-790
Chapter 791-800
Chapter 801-810
Chapter 811-820
Chapter 821-830
Chapter 831-840
Chapter 841-850
Chapter 851-860
Chapter 861-870
Chapter 871-880
Chapter 881-890
Chapter 891-900
Chapter 901-910
Chapter 911-920
Chapter 921-930
Chapter 931-940
Chapter 941-950
Chapter 951-960
Chapter 961-970
Chapter 971-980
Chapter 981-990
Chapter 991-1000
Chapter 1001-1010
Chapter 1011-1020
Chapter 1021 - 1030
Chapter 1031 -1040
Chapter 1041 - 1060
Chapter 1061 - 1080
Chapter 1081 - Chapter 1100
Chapter 1101 - 1120
Chapter 1121 - 1140
Chapter 1141 - 1160
Chapter 1161 - 1180
Chapter 1181 - 1200
Chapter 1201 - Chapter 1220
Chapter 1221 - 1240
Chapter 1241 - 1260
Chapter 1261 - 1280
Chapter 1281 - 1300
Chapter 1301 - 1320

Chapter 531-540

1K 30 1
FRIES1andCHIPS0 által

Chapter 531 "Indulgence with the Face Slapping (30)"

"Haha, all of you have good eyes. My granddaughter really is astounding and unprecedented." Laughing aloud without care, Bai Chang Feng happily accepts the compliments.

If it was in the past, these people would've at least secretly called this old grandpa shameless, but now... they couldn't because Bai Yan was in every sense of the word, excellent.

"Humph!" Ren Yi (second) grumpily huffs a snort, "What are you all so happy for? Yan Yan is my disciple first!"

"In any case, she will always be our most precious disciple." Zheng Qi (first) slightly raises a smile as well instead of going all huffy and grumpy like his second brother. He's not angry at having to share his disciple, he only wants to give the girl his blessing.

"Fine, fine, I'll leave things be then," Ren Yi sighed. "It's just that I have been robbed by this old fart several times before so of course it will leave me with a bad taste. But... if it's for my precious Yan'er's sake, I will accept it. However, if the Medicine Sect tries to stop her from leaving or try anything against her will, I won't let things slide!"

"Grandfather," Bai Yan were all smiles, "when is your birthday?"

"In about half a month," Bai Chang Feng guffaw's a laugh, "I'm going to announce to the world again that you are my granddaughter."

Even now, the old grandfather's excited mood hasn't slowed down in the least to the point where he had to wipe away some of those trickling tears when no one's looking.

"Right, I remember Zhanpeng said that the woman who adopted you is called Lan Yue? Is it the Lan House from the Liu Huo Kingdom? Let's do this then, you invite those whom you wish to come and we will treat them as guests of honor."

"Okay," Bai Yan's smile was now reaching up to her eyes. "Old Grandpa Lan is also my grandfather, his status in my heart will never change. Just that his temper isn't the best and has a proud nature to his personality. I hope that everyone from the Medicine Sect could accommodate this when he comes."

"Oh yes, there's still her Highness the Dowager." Thinking it through, she continues to go down her list. "As a result of an incident in the past, it was only she and my disciple Nangong Zhun who stood by my side when not knowing about my identity. Grandfather, could I also invite them both here for your celebration? I owe her a favor."

For the sake of her two shifus face, Bai Yan didn't divulge about the embarrassing matters regarding the things related to the Holy Land. However, the Dowager's kindness has really touched her heart so she couldn't ignore this.

Visit my site on Bcatranslation if you wish to read ahead of public releases

"Putting the icing on the cake is extremely easy, but adding coal to the fire in the winter snow is not so simple. The friendship between you two is commendable." Bai Chang Feng nods in approval, "This birthday celebration is mainly to bring you back into the ancestral books and allow others to know of your status. If you wish to bring someone you are familiar with then by all means, Grandfather here has no complaints. As for that Old Lord Lan..."

Halting his words then, the old grandfather then eyes the crowd with a look of stern seriousness: "He is to be treated in the same manner as I! Whoever dares to offend him will receive severe punishment!"

If it hadn't been for the Lan House and their kindness, then perhaps my granddaughter would've already perished from this world. That debt can never be repaid with something so meager!

"Yes Milord." All of the members of the Medicine Sect answers in unison, their voices resoundingly loud and crisp.

In the same way, Bai Chang Feng words today have directly become a declaration to the other powers that Old Lord Lan was to be treated like the man himself. Otherwise, it's a direct affront to the Medicine Sect of the highest order.

Must not offend the Lan House! Must not offend the Lan House! These were the only thoughts running through these attendees' heads right now.

Chapter 532 "Mustn't Provoke the Lan House (1)"

In recent days, the Lan family seems to have hit a string of bad luck lately.

First it was the female ruler of the Feng Qi Kingdom taking a liking to Lan Shaoling (big cousin), the eldest grandson of the Lan House. But after the boy rejected her, the female queen then went ahead to declare it a national offense, thus creating a huge rift between two kingdoms.

As to the other incident, it had much to do with Lan Shaoyan, the second young master of that family. The righteous boy somehow got caught in a dispute with the young lord of the Blood Moon Sect and ended up breaking the other person's leg.

With these two matters combined together, the Lan House has once again been brought to the forefront of a cliff's edge.

To be clear, the public was already being quite considerate out of Bai Yan's existence. They are well aware of her relationship with that family by now and of how the girl's not the biological daughter of Lan Yue, making her an unknown factor. If something were to break out, no one knows whether or not the woman would help or not.

......

Right now, Lan Shaoyan (second cousin) was currently kneeling inside the main hall with his head held low. The boy's awaiting judgement from his grandfather so the place was dreadfully quiet.

"Father, this isn't entirely Shaoyan's mistake. Who could've guessed that the young lord of the Blood Moon Sect would try to rape a girl while inside our kingdom!"

When Dong Ruolan (good aunt) saw how her son's being kneeling there for a good half hour, the kind woman definitely felt distressed inside. However, since the grandfather hasn't said a word, she didn't dare to help.

"Am I angry because he hit that cockroach?" Old Lord Lan's expression was hard: "Being a man, one should have blood in their veins, that is fine! I don't believe Shaoyan is wrong on that end either. What I am angry about is the boy being so rash. What if that person brought along helpers from the Blood Moon Sect? Shaoyan, by then not only will you not be able to save the girl, you will also drag yourself down!"

The boy's head only grew lower: "Grandfather, I know my fault now..."

"Since you know your fault then do it right next time! When you get into a fight, come back first and tell me, understand?"

"Grandson understands."

The boy knows his grandpa was doing this for his sake, fearing he would suffer while outside. But he's a man, an upright and good man. If he sees a thug trying to rape a girl in open public then there's no way he could remain indifferent.

Visit my site on Bcatranslation if you wish to read ahead of public releases

If I can't do as my heart tells me when injustice is before my eyes... then I don't deserve to protect this kingdom!

"If you understand then that's good. As for the young lord from the Blood Moon Sect, what's done is done. If they do come back to make trouble, I will hold them down. It doesn't matter anyways, I'm already an old bone." Slowly getting up from his master chair, Old Lord Lan's face was firm and resolute.

Dong Ruolan had a look of worry: "Father, should I go tell Yan'er about this matter? If she comes back then the Blood Moon Sect should back off."

"No one can go!" Old Lord Lan roars out instantly: "Yan'er's achievement today didn't come easy. Our family couldn't help her at all so we mustn't be her baggage. I've inquired around already. The Blood Moon Sect is a subordinate power of the Medicine Sect. Are you planning to pin the girl against a behemoth like that?"

"But Father..."

While she still wanted to say more, the old grandfather has already cut her off.

"I won't allow us to drag Yan'er down. It's not easy for her to have such strength! This time I will be the one to bear the repercussions!"

At this moment, Old Lord Lan's figure seems to have aged again. No longer straight or stoic in his back, the old man slightly camels down like a weak elder, thus causing the young boy to hurt immeasurably inside.

Lan Shaoyan doesn't regret hitting that cockroach from the Blood Moon Sect, nor does he regret getting reprimanded, but....

Chapter 533 "Mustn't Provoke the Lan House (2)"

But now, he's found that Grandfather has aged more than he thought and still needs to wipe his own ass afterwards...

For that reason, his heart grew incredibly uncomfortable.

"Mother, am I wrong in all this...?" Lan Shaoyan's voice devolved into a whimper.

Startled over her son's question, Dong Ruolan deflates as well: "If you have the strength to back up yourself then anything you do is justified. But if you don't, then you will only drag your grandfather down."

Strength......

All of this is because of strength.

Lan Shaoyan couldn't help but clench his fist in frustration. For once in his lifetime, he's never desired strength this hard before.

......

Blood Moon Sect.

When Liu Yang (sect leader) saw his son being carried back to his doorstep, the middle-aged sect leader literally nearly fainted. Furious, he roars out: "Who? Who dares to hurt my son? I'm going to tear him apart."

"Sect Leader," the two guards who brought the youngster back shivered hard, "it's... it's the Lan House."

Lan House....

Originally Liu Yang was still fuming in that second; however, the anger was quickly transformed into uncertainty. "Which Lan House are you indicating?"

There is just no way around it. That word is like a taboo so I must make sure.

"Reporting to Sect Leader, the one who injured the young lord is the Lan house's second grandson, Lan Shaoyan of the Liu Huo Kingdom."

First it was green, then to white, then it was to a reddish-purple color of extreme fright. "The family you are talking about, d-do they ha-have a married off daughter by the name of Lan Yue?"

The guards were surprised and met the man's eye, How did Sect Leader know?

"Yes... there is a Lan Yue. That Lan Shaoyan injured the young lord, this debt..."

"Bastards!"

Liu Yang's hand was crunchingly loud when he smashed it into one of the guard's face.

"Sect... Sect Leader..." Holding that bruised up cheek, the guard looks up in confusion.

"Get this twerp to stand up right this instant. Why is he acting dead in front of me? If he's going to make trouble then he better go solve it himself. Don't go dragging our Blood Moon Sect with him."

In his fit of rage, the master of the place ended up kicking his son Liu Xu repeatedly until everyone was gawking their eyes now.

Visit my site on Bcatranslation if you wish to read ahead of public releases

Argghhh! This twerp has always been a troublemaker, but why does he have to go provoke the Lan House?

That is the Lan House!

The Lord of the Medicine Sect have already spoken that the old chief of that family must be treated like the man himself.

Yet this insufferable twerp just has to go provoke the number one taboo right now!

Slowly coming out of his dizzying state, Liu Xu still hasn't gotten enough time to figure out the current situation when a storm of punches came flying down at his body.

"Father, what are you doing? Ah! Don't hit anymore. I am your son, your son!" The boy shrieks from the pain added to his already injured leg.

"I'm wishing with all my heart that you are not right now!" Liu Yang shakes profusely due to the seething anger: "Look at what you've done, why did you go mess with the Lan House? Why did you have to go provoke the Lan House!"

Liu Xu became absolutely stunned by his old man's outbreak: "Father, what's the matter? It's just a tiny little family in the Liu Huo Kingdom, what's to worry about? Oh I know, you must be worried about that granddaughter Bai Yan. There's nothing to fret. The girl may be in name part of that family but she's not a biological one, they have no blood relationship. Besides, we are working under the Medicine Sect..."

"You..." Liu Yang didn't even want to waste his energy on this nonsense. Whipping his sleeve at the boy's head to give him a good smack on the backend: "You will go this instant to apologize to the Lan House. I'm telling you, if you become the cause of the Blood Moon Sect's demise then I will never let you go!"

Chapter 534 "Mustn't Provoke the Lan House (3)"

At the same time within the palace of the Feng Qi Kingdom, a certain beautifully dressed woman was currently loafing around on the dragon chair with some wine in hand. Due to the person's lazy demeanor, the fluid was constantly dripping down the corner of those blossom lips as she gorged herself.

"Lan Shaoling, what's so bad about me that you must keep rejecting my advances? Am I not beautiful enough, or am I not outstanding in your eyes?"

If I am not good enough then I can change. I can make myself more perfect. Yet you don't even give me a chance....

"Majesty," a eunuch hurriedly walks in from the front, his voice urgent, "the first elder seeks an audience."

"What is he coming for?" Feng Luan tightly furrows her brow as she sneered in disdain: "At the beginning it was always this bastard who's fully against me being with Shaoling. Now what is he coming still? Tell him to scram, I'm not seeing him!"

However, before her words could be passed onto the person in question, a white-robed elder have already walked into the main hall. Arching his hand: "My Queen."

"Ho," Feng Luan snarls sardonically, "who are you calling queen? I can't even decide my own marriage so what point is there in me being in this post. Why don't you go find another to take up this spot so I can go chase after Shaoling. I need nothing, only his company as we wander the world freely."

That's right, this ruling position didn't bring comfort for the lovestruck girl, only binding rules and constraint.

"My Queen, my visit today is only to ask you one question..." The elder didn't get angry at all. On the contrary, he seems quite pleased instead. "Do you really like that Lan Shaoling?"

Visit my site on Bcatranslation if you wish to read ahead of public releases

Making a self-deprecating smile at herself, Feng Luan's sorrowful face grew more apparent: "I have known Shaoling for eight years and have loved him ever since. For him, I'm willing to keep my harem empty. But what's the point when he doesn't love me at all..."

Taking another sip from her wine cup, "Originally, I thought even if he doesn't love me, he would still hold some affections, that's why I threatened him not so long ago. But now, not only did he not answer my plea, he's now completely ignoring me..."

"Did I not do enough? I can change, I really can change. If he's not willing to marry into the Feng Qi Kingdom then I can abandon this post and go to his home. As long as he says it then I will."

"My Queen, if you want to go to him then go. I will find someone to safeguard the kingdom while you are gone." The old man's iris flashed meaningfully as he spoke.

Peng!

As result of that statement, the wine jug that was already wobbling constantly by the chair handle have now smashed onto the floor, causing a pungent smell of alcohol to stain the hall.

"Do you really mean it?" Feng Luan's surprised face shoots up with excitement, causing that beautiful face to turn dazzling.

"Of course I mean it," the old man gives a mild nod. "I had intended earlier to fulfill your wishes after learning of Bai Yan's status within the Holy Land. Shame that news broke out the woman's not a genuine daughter of that Lan House, that's why I wanted more time to think about it."

Chapter 535 "Mustn't Provoke the Lan House (4)"

Prior to everything, Bai Yan did not have any communication with the Lan family and only ever made contact after she returned with her son, that's why no one could figure out the relationship between the two parties.

"But..." The old man dons a shallow smile, "Just the other day I have managed to get wind of some new information."

"What information?" Feng Luan grew a tad irritated at being baited.

There's no question she wants to know the secret. After all, it couldn't be anything small if it could change this old fart's opinion to such extent.

"I heard that Bai Yan's biological mother is Bai Ning of the Medicine Sect, the young lady of that power. Due to the woman being missing for many years, the Lord of that place is now showing immense gratitude to the Lan family by issuing a decree. Anyone whom meets the old family chief of that household is now to treat the elder like the Lord himself!"

The old elder's explanation causes the female queen to shudder immensely. Slowly closing her eyes: "I understand then..."

"My Queen?" Wrinkling that old brow, the elder seems to not understand the lack of response.

"When he was but a young master of the Lan family, all of you were preventing me from going to him. Now that his family is with background, you are pushing me to him? Even if you can be this shameless doesn't mean I can!"

The elder's complexion completely changes: "My Queen, this is a golden opportunity!"

"Enough! I don't want to see anyone right now. if you want me to continue staying inside the kingdom then don't bother me!" After saying this, Feng Luan was done speaking with the elder and closed herself off.

In light of the blatant dismissal, the senior nevertheless continues to pester the woman until he too was at a loss. In the end, both parties separated on negative terms.

After the footsteps faded away, Feng Luan slowly opened her eyes and picked up the wine jug: "Shaoling, perhaps we really will have to go our separate ways in the future...."

Visit my site on Bcatranslation if you wish to read ahead of public releases

Back at the beginning, it was everyone else who deemed Lan Shaoling to be too inferior while she herself didn't care. But now, the situation has been reversed and its herself who's not worthy of him.

......

Lan House.

Lan Shaoling was currently looking up into the open sky as if he's thinking of something.

"Big Brother," its unsure when Lan Shaoyan had come but the second grandson had somehow managed to sneak up behind his brother's back in the main courtyard. "Are you thinking about her again? I'm sure Her Majesty is only saying those words in a moment of heat. She doesn't mean it. After all, the both of you have been friends for so many years...."

Retracting his gaze, the troubled boy turns to his younger brother: "About the matter of you injuring the young lord of the Blood Moon Sect, is Grandfather able to handle it?"

"One person's fault is one person's responsibility, I don't need Grandfather to clean up after me." Lan Shaoyan's voice turned hard, "If nothing else, I will give him my legs and that's that."

Grandpa is so old already, how can I bear to have him continue working so hard?

What's more, the disaster is caused by me, I won't ever regret it!

"Do not worry," Lan Shaoling then pats his younger brother's shoulder, "I will not turn a blind eye to this matter either. As long as the Lan House is around then no one can hurt you."

"But, Big Brother..." The boy still wanted to speak but was cut off by the other side.

"You are my younger brother so your mistake is my responsibility. What's more, one cannot be too timid when representing our family! You did no wrong. Also, if you had turned a blind eye to something like that then I really would've looked down upon you!"

Chapter 536 "Bai Chang Feng's Birthday (1)"

Lan Shaoyan only grew more remorseful, If not for me then perhaps the whole family wouldn't have had to worry so much.

"Young Master, Young Master!" It was then that a servant came running over, his breath panting still from the rush. "This isn't good young masters! Someone big is happening..."

"What?"

"What happened?"

Both boys were startled by that.

Is it the Blood Moon Sect?

This possibility promptly causes the second grandson to drop a rock into his heart. Nevertheless, the fear quickly changed to a firmness never before seen in the boy's eye.

Regardless of what they want to do, I must bear it all on my own. I cannot let my family be dragged down with me.

"Let's go, we will see first then decide." Patting his younger brother's shoulder, Lan Shaoling attempts to reassure the other side with his soft voice: "Don't worry, nothing will happen."

Giving a nod in return, Lan Shaoyan hurried to follow his older brother and the messenger.

......

Main reception hall.

Old Lord Lan was currently gawking his eyes out in his master chair due to the impressive number of treasure boxes displayed before his very eyes.

"Grandfather, what is going on?" Lan Shaoling asks, his brow furrowing hard at the odd scene.

Visit my site on Bcatranslation if you wish to read ahead of public releases

At the moment the old house master was still clouded in a mass of fog, that's why it took him so long to respond. However, before the old man could say a single word, another servant of the household has already run over in haste to report.

"Milord, the elder of the Shadowless Sect is wishing to seek an audience."

Shadowless Sect?

A series of hissing sounds were filling up the place as well as looks of surprise in the two brothers face.

"Isn't it supposed to be people from the Blood Moon Sect, why is it the Shadowless Sect? Shaoyan, did you go and provoke them as well?"

Lan Shaoling's complexion was seriously not looking so well at this point, The Blood Moon Sect is hard enough to handle, now there's a Shadowless Sect? It seems we can't keep this matter from Bai Yan after all.

"I-I haven't had ti-time to tell you boys," stuttering, the old grandpa couldn't keep his cool at all. "These things are all sent by those second-rate sects of the mainland."

Skipping a beat at his grandfather's word, Lan Shaoling widened his eyes in shock: "Why would those sects send us gifts? What is going on here?"

"I don't know either," Old Lord Lan also makes a frown then, "Perhaps... they've all gone crazy?"

Apart from this reason, he really couldn't think of any other reason.

Just as he was discussing the reasons with his grandsons, the elder from the Shadowless Sect have finally stepped into the main hall with the gift in hand.

"I'm assuming this must be Senior Lan?"

Senior Lan?

Old Lord Lan was seriously taken aback by the form of address. Whether it be strength or seniority, the other side was by far leagues ahead of himself. Twitching in that mouth till it's now showing an awkward face: "I am not worthy of such seniority, but do tell your reasoning for this visit?"

"No, no, your position in our heart is well deserving of being called 'Senior'." Making an awkward laugh himself, the elder from the Shadowless Sect hurries to get to the point: "I'm here to bring gifts and to congratulate your family."

Now Old Lord Lan was getting more and more confused because its one thing if only a single person came, but so many at once? There's no way this could be a coincidence, thus making his heart more and more anxious by this point.

"Senior, you wouldn't mind me calling you Senior right? Mind telling me what is happening? Why are all the powers out there sending my family gifts left and right?"

Chapter 537 "Bai Chang Feng's Birthday (2)"

"You don't know?" The elder from the Shadowless Sect exclaimed with amazement in his eyes, "Did the Medicine Sect people not come to you yet?"

The news has spread across the whole continent already and the hottest topic was of how fortunate the Lan family was in getting such good luck. But more than that, they're also making sure to convey one message in their conversations: It's better to provoke the Underlord than the Lan House.

That's why the various powers are coming in droves to offer their gifts to this family, they don't want to leave a bad impression....

"I don't know, I don't know anything," Old Lord Lan rolls his eyes. "I only know that before you arrived at my home, I kept getting gifts sent to me by various powers. Don't tell me you are here to thank me for my grandson's act of beating the young lord of the Blood Moon Sect right?"

That's pretty much the only plausible reason this old timer could think of. Anything else just doesn't make sense.

"....."

What does this have to do with Blood Moon Sect? The guest raises a brow at the odd question.

But before the miscommunication could be cleared up, it was then the servant who retreated earlier came running back: "Not good Chief, the... the Blood Moon Sect's people are here!"

The old grandpa literally jolted out of his seat, "Where are they right now?"

In the end they are here still....

"Uhhh," the servant quickly gives himself a wipe to clear those trickling sweat, "they want me to present this visitation letter to you first."

Visitation letter? The old man's expression quickly shifted from a stern one to a stunned look.

Visit my site on Bcatranslation if you wish to read ahead of public releases

Just like their grandfather, Lan Shaoling and his younger brother was also looking at each other in shock.

When did the Blood Moon Sect become so polite that they would first send a visitations letter before coming to settle a score?

It couldn't be, they want to first show politeness before drawing the knife?

"Let him come in then." In the end, Old Lord Lan ends up doing as expected while rubbing his hand in a perturbed manner.

If its going to be a knife regardless then let's get it over with directly.

"Yes, Chief." After getting the order, the servant then hurried to retreat.

Minutes later, a middle-aged man could be seen walking in with a crowd of followers behind his back. As a result of this domineering lineup, the occupants inside had to take a good moment to realize there's also a stretcher in the back as well. In fact, if not for the constant moaning and groaning of the boy's painful voice, Old Lord Lan would've completely missed it entirely.

"Lord Liu," seeing the intense air from the group, Old Lord Lan knew this couldn't be good. Though his heart was also nervous and unsettled, he nevertheless presses on: "This is indeed the fault of my grandson, however, your son isn't entirely without fault either. If he didn't...."

Bang!

But before the old grandpa could finish his words, Liu Yang have already instructed his men to stop and put the stretcher down. Roaring now: "What are you still lying down there for? Hurry and get your ass off of it!"

"....."

Stiff in his old face over the picture, What sort of situation is this? Isn't Lord Liu here to demand punishment for his son's injury?

"UUoohh!" As a result of being thrown off of the stretcher, Liu Xu's injured leg ended up making a severe impact on the floor: "Father, I...."

Bang!

Another stomp comes flying down at the injured boy's back, causing him to issue out a long wailing howl of agony.

"How could I have given birth to a coward like you! To think my son would do something like raping a maiden in broad daylight. Hurry and apologize to Chief Lan this instant. Whether he wants to beat you or punish you is all up to his decision." Screaming and bashing, Liu Yang's appearance was the epitome of a father enraged by his son's poor behavior.

However, Old Lord Lan clearly knows that the Blood Moon Sect wasn't the reasonable type and the counter opposite of a righteous faction.

Chapter 538 "Bai Chang Feng's Birthday (3)"

After all, if the other side was so righteous in their manner of doing things then there wouldn't be such a cockroach among their ranks!

Can anyone tell me what happened? Why are all these powers acting this way? Did they all get knocked on the head or something?

"Senior," Liu Yang grumpily shoots a glare at his own son before turning back with a flattering smile. "My useless son is truly outrageous. But since I've already punished him, I'm hoping Senior could have leniency when carrying out your side of the beating."

After saying this, his sight then shifted to Lan Shaoyan with a smile as well: "This must Senior's second grandson. Look at how promising he is, truly a figure of upstanding nature. My son made a terrible mistake a couple of days ago but thank goodness you were there to stop him. The lesson is a good one, a great one! Allow me to extend my gratitude for the lecture you instilled upon him."

If it weren't for Liu Yang's sincere look then perhaps Lan Shaoyan would still believe the guy was faking it and inwardly cursing and yelling at him inside.

"It seems that all of you really don't know," the elder of the Shadowless Sect sighed. "Then let me ask this, does any of you know about Bai Yan being an adopted daughter of Lan Yue?"

The grandpa frowned: "I have seen my daughter's letter, but that doesn't change anything. Yan'er will always be my family's granddaughter. Why do you ask, did she get into some sort of trouble while outside? If so then its also my fault for not disciplining her. If you people want to make trouble then send it my way."

"No, no," the elder hurriedly shook his head. "Senior Lan, don't misunderstand me. What I want to say is that Bai Yan's biological mother is Miss Bai Ning, the long-lost young lady of the Medicine Sect!"

Boom!

These words were like thunder, sending the entire Lan household asunder.

Bai Yan's biological mother is Miss Bai Ning, the missing young lady of the Medicine Sect?

Now the grandpa remembers. According to his old memories, his daughter Lan Yue did have a friend by that name long ago, just that the name didn't ring any bells until now....

"Is what you saying absolutely true?" Trembling right down to his fingers, everything seems so surreal to this old grandpa. "But what does this have to do with my Lan House?"

The fact that Bai Yan was the disciple of the Holy Land elders didn't change much when it became public knowledge. The reasoning being the girl's not a genuine child of the Lan household. Of course, Old Lord Lan would be pleased that the girl could find her biological family, but that doesn't explain anything about the change in attitude from everyone.

Visit my site on Bcatranslation if you wish to read ahead of public releases

"Of course it does," the elder makes a rather frank laugh like he's quite amused by the situation. "Miss Bai Yan declared it already, saying the entire Lan House is to be invited to Lord Bai's birthday celebration. And as a way to please his newfound granddaughter, Bai Chang Feng has made it publicly known that you are to be treated with respect."

"Whether it be the members of the Medicine Sect or the other powers out there, the rule applies to everyone! And if anyone dares to refuse this order, they will become the enemy of the Medicine Sect. That's a declaration directly from the Lord himself." After saying that, the elder from the Shadowless Sect then sneaks a peak at the moopy looking man from the Blood Moon Sect.

"Misunderstanding, this is all a misunderstanding," sweating profusely, Liu Yang attempts to downplay the matter. "My son is indeed immature and ignorant, Sir Shaoyan beat him good and proper. From now on the citizens of the Liu Huo Kingdom is my Blood Moon Sect's responsibility. What happened that day will never happen again."

Chapter 539 "Bai Chang Feng's Birthday (4)"

"And..." Liu Yang then puts on the most pleasing smile one could make, "I will take my son to apologize to the girl and make compensations. Would that be fine?"

Due to how muddled Old Lord Lan's brain was still at the moment, he had completely missed everything the man said and only nodded to the question like a machine.

Seeing this, Liu Yang finally issued out a relieving sigh. Glaring at the guards behind himself: "What are you bunch still standing there for? Hurry and drag this brat to the girl so he can apologize! This will be your lesson. If I hear another incident like this in the future then I will break your legs for good!"

And as if his words weren't enough, the man swiftly raised another stomp at his son's butt to send him flying out the door.

So close...

My Blood Moon Sect nearly got destroyed because of this useless son of mine!

Oh thank goodness that Lan Shaoyan isn't injured, otherwise who knows what the Medicine Sect would've done to us.

As wronged as Liu Xu's heart felt over this maltreatment from his old man, the injured boy didn't dare to rebut. Rather, his gaze promptly shranked away when he met the one who injured him and scrammed out of the estate with his leg limping still.

Turning around again: "Senior Lan, I should leave as well. But be assured, if there is anyone who dares to cross your family in the future then you just need to say the word, my Blood Moon Sect will unconditionally come to your aid."

Cross?

The elder from the Shadowless Sect couldn't resist a smirk, Who in their right mind would want to cross this family from now on? Besides, if the Lan House really is facing trouble, why would they need you to help when there's countless others more willing and more powerful to step in!

"Senior Lan, I will also take my leave then as well since I've brought the gift as per my Lord's instruction. When the time comes, I will be sure to greet you at the Medicine Sect. Hahaha!" Once again making a jolly laugh like when he first entered, the elder from the Shadowless Sect soon left, leaving behind his gift just like the rest today.

Still muddled and dazed there, Old Lord Lan eventually issued a lamenting sigh: "Shaoling, Shaoyan, your aunt has done many wrong things in her life: she handed all of the Dan pills the family saved to that ungrateful bastard, then even in death she never returned to us for help.... However, she nevertheless did one correct thing in her life and that is to take Bai Yan in as her own."

Visit my site on Bcatranslation if you wish to read ahead of public releases

In the years where Lan Yue was still alive, Bai Yan was undeniably the most favored daughter of the Bai House where both father and mother showered the girl with love. But good times never last... As the old saying goes, a step-mother could never truly take in one that's not her own.

"It's too bad that bastard died too early," said Lan Shaoyan with a sense of injustice. "If that bastard is still alive right now and learns of Bai Yan's identity then he would be regretting it even more than he did!"

It was Bai Zheng Xiang who lost the young lady of the Medicine Sect, and it was he who also turned Bai Yan into his enemy! Imagine the man being still alive right now. Its almost certain he would be green with regret by this point.

"If I remember correctly, it should be Nangong Yi's execution date in two days." Old Lord Lan suddenly brings up the topic after some musing, "We can pass this information off to him."

As stern and upright as this old grandpa may look on the outside, he's in fact very bias when it came to his own family.

"I will do it," Lan Shaoling pre-emptively offers to take the job after some contemplation. "Nangong Yi is already judged with treason, just that His Majesty wants to keep him imprisoned until a later date."

Even if the main conspirator was Bai Ruo and not the former crown prince, Nangong Yi nevertheless still had a hand in it. There's no way he could shirk off responsibility.

Chapter 540 "Bai Chang Feng's Birthday (5)"

More importantly, Nangong Yuan (king) knows that if he doesn't deal with Nangong Yi then it would likely offend Bai Yan. As such, he could only personally sentence his own son to death for the sake of himself.

Fortunately there are still two days from the date of the execution. Nangong Yi, he can suffer for the remainder of his time in this life. That's what Lan Shaoling thought, wanting to get some payback.

......

The dungeon's a cold and damp place, by no means was it a comfortable place, evident by the countless flies hovering around the former crown prince's body that's currently huddling to one corner.

Nangong Yi originally couldn't stand such drastic changes to his lifestyle, but anything would become the norm after so long in here....

"Did any of you hear about the news? All of those third- and second-rate powers out there are coming to give gifts to the Lan House in droves. They say each of the boxes are holding priceless treasures!"

The sound had come from the outside where the guards normally sat. But due to the angle of the cell, the prince didn't know the exact location.

"Che, who doesn't know this yet? Pretty much everyone in the kingdom and the whole land is booming with this news. Lord Cang's wife is the granddaughter of the Lord of the Medicine Sect and that the lady who left the girl behind to Miss Lan Yue is in fact the young miss of that power! Now as gratitude for the care they gave Miss Bai Yan, the Medicine Sect is now openly shielding the Lan House with their influence."

"Not only that... because of the Dowager and Prince Zhun's good relationship with the lady, they're now invited to the Medicine Sect's upcoming birthday celebration for the Lord. It can be said that our Liu Huo Kingdom is now on a whole different level compared to our neighbors."

"AHHHH!!!"

Just as the two prison guards were at the height of their discussion, that's when a painful and heart wrenching howl broke in.

"What is doing now by screaming like that?" One of the guards asks, his brow furrowed into a knot.

Visit my site on Bcatranslation if you wish to read ahead of public releases

"Probably fear I'm guessing. He only has two days before his execution. Forget about him, let's continue where we left off...."

......

Back over in the prison cell, Nangong Yi was currently holding his head in a painful manner as tears of remorse trickled down his side.

Bai Yan is the granddaughter of the Medicine Sect...

The words from the prison guards were like haunting echoes, constantly ringing inside his ear until he nearly broke his teeth by gnashing down in agony.

Bai Yan was supposed to my wife! The glory of the Lan House is supposed to be mine! It was me, it was me who threw all of those away! This is all my own doing....

"HaHaHa!"

The crying didn't stop; however, it did eventually evolve into a hair-raising laugh that creeped the hell out of everyone else.

"Bai Yan, if life could be rewind... I will never give up on you again!"

In that split second, everything in his life seems replay itself like a drama show before his very eyes. And it was also at this point where he realizes how much he missed, how much he lost, and how much he pushed away.

This erratic behavior naturally drew in the attention of the prison guards who's still discussing the topic. Shaking their head upon coming to check, This once glorious prince really have gone crazy now....

"What do we do now?" The shorter guard turns to his companion and asks.

"What can we do? Let's go and report this to the young master from the Lan House. If we can somehow please that family then we won't have to worry about being picked on by others again!"

That said, the two men then happily strolled out of the dungeon, leaving behind nothing but the erratic laughter of the former crown prince and his remorseful self.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

2.7M 127K 49
when a rich spoiled bad boy Jeon Jung-hoon gets into an encounter with a Muslim girl and they become enemies so he bully her humiliates her and insul...
43.7K 1.4K 38
"I no longer want you." Emperor Richard de Tristaine fumed as he looked upon the woman he was ready to abandon just a few weeks ago. "You don't mea...
461K 13.2K 37
Warning: There is abuse and extreme trauma in the beginning of this story. "This is the first time I've seen a human as small as you." I lightly fli...
906K 54.4K 56
Published on 4/5/20 In Neo's past life, he was a wicked person who sought to kill his little brother, the rightful heir of a Ducal House. His conspir...