Married By Chance

By AurumHeart

This book is a sequel and continuation. In order to understand it, you have to read 'Partners By Chance' firs... More

Married By Chance (BOOK 2)
Prologue: Till death do us apart.
Chapter 1: She's married.
Chapter 2: It's not about him.
Chapter 3: Two months late.
Chapter 4: I love Liam.
Chapter 5: Why are you here?
Chapter 6: Christian Louboutin.
Chapter 7: Hey, hubby.
Chapter 8: It's time for me to party!
Chapter 9: Kit Kat.
Chapter 10: Take me there.
Chapter 11: Still in love with him.
Chapter 12: Are you happy?
Chapter 13: Dinner.
Chapter 14: Louis Vuitton.
Chapter 15: We need to talk.
Chapter 16: HOPE.
Chapter 17: I was crazy.
Chapter 18: Miss Beauty and Brains.
Chapter 19: Nobody is Perfect.
Chapter 20: Seoul Fashion Week.
Chapter 21: Like a Rose?
Chapter 22: Mr Black, Mrs Black.
Chapter 23: Ciao.
Chapter 24: Mum.
Chapter 25: Black Industries.
Chapter 26: Donatella Versace.
Chapter 27: Nice to meet you.
Chapter 28: The Hotlist.
Chapter 29: You forgot about him.
Chapter 30: Edward and Elle Smith.
Chapter 31: I wasn't your boyfriend.
Chapter 32: Sushi.
Chapter 33: Gordon Ramsay.
Chapter 34: Back in London.
Chapter 35: Anna Wintour.
Chapter 36: Oscar de la Renta.
Chapter 37: They used to date.
Chapter 38: I like dresses.
Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.
Chapter 41: April 16th
Chapter 42: Vogue.
Chapter 43: This is happening.
THANK YOU!
Chapter 44: Make me cry.
Chapter 45: Need a ride?
Chapter 46: Home.
Chapter 47: His brother.
Chapter 48: Driving me crazy
Chapter 49: Please?
Chapter 50: Adam Black.
Chapter 51: Happiness.
Chapter 52: Sad night.
Chapter 53: July 18th
Chapter 54: Colton and Emily.
Chapter 55: You make my heart race.
Chapter 56: Getting kidnapped was fantastic.
Chapter 57: Bad Idea.
Chapter 58: The Summit
Chapter 59 : Cartier (Part 1)
Chapter 59: The effect you have on me (Part 2)
Chapter 60: Fellow Graduates
Chapter 61: Grow the fuck up.
Chapter 62: What are you afraid of?
Chapter 63: Speak Now (TV)
Chapter 64: My Darling
Chapter 65: Their daughter-in-law

Chapter 40: Cause you're gorgeous.

14.2K 631 392
By AurumHeart

Amelia's outfit above.

Amelia Black

'Always tell the truth.' That is probably the first lesson that my parents gave me when I was growing up and since I was a good girl, I learnt to always be honest.

My mother is obsessed with Maya Angelo.

"Tell the truth to yourself first, and to the children." It's a quote by Maya that my mum framed and put on my bedroom wall.

I was a very honest child and I was taught that the first person I shouldn't lie to is myself.

I think it's very obvious to say that I have liked Adam for a while now. I don't when or how I started having feelings for him, I just know that he triggers my heart.

I'm always thinking about him and doing that makes me so happy. He's an amazing person, he's the most gorgeous man I've ever laid eyes on and he's so good to me. What more can a girl ask for?

"What are you thinking?" Colton asks me.

"You look so different." I half lie.

"Emily thinks it's hot." He grins, stroking his new facial hair.

He and I made plans to meet today so after my classes ended, I came and met him at a cafe near his company. Colton is the most serious out of all my friends. I really respect and trust him because he's always been there for me.

Kinda like a big brother. He is also perfect with Em. He makes her happy. He's a good guy.

"It is." I agree, smiling.

"Thanks." He smiles.

"So how are you dealing with all these responsibilities?" I ask referring to him working at his dad's company.

"I mean, I haven't taken full control yet but it's exhausting. Everything feels different." He answers.

"I know and it sucks that the guys are not here to help you chill out." I pout.

Colton has gone through a lot but he's a very brave person. He is so mature and can handle himself in every situation.

"Yeah."

"But you know, I'm here right? If you need anyone to go with you to those weird art bars that you like, I'll be happy to come along." I smile.

"I'll hold you on to that."

"Emily told me about Adam."

"What?! Oh my God!" It hasn't even been twenty four hours since I told them.

"Am I bad person?"

"Why?"

"But he's Liam's brother."

"We don't get to choose the people we fall in love with, Amelia."

"No, we don't because I tried so hard, Colton. Every time I felt something, I tried to ignore it and push every feeling away but they kept coming back." I let out a deep breath. "I just......I've never met someone like him. He's incredible."

"It's okay."

"I know this is hard to ask but can you please not say anything about this to Liam?"

"Of course."

"I just don't know what to do. I know Adam doesn't feel the same and he probably never would."

"Don't say that. Adam might be very complicated but he has emotions."

I let out a deep breath. "This is hard. It was easier when I kept it to myself. Now, it's like every thing is a hundred times stronger."

"You're going to get through this. You are one of the strongest girls I know."

"Thanks, Colton."

Thirty minutes later, Colton and I finish chatting. We head out the restaurant and say goodbye and as I'm about to enter my car, I hear someone call my name.

"Amelia?"

I turn around and see Nathan and Brie, holding hands as they walk toward me.

"Hi, guys." I walk closer and we hug.

"How are you doing?" Nathan asks.

"I'm great, how about you guys."

"We're good. Nathan is finally giving me his time now." Brie grins.

He chuckles then kiss her softly on the forehead and turns back to me." So how is he?"

"He's doing well." I reply.

"You know, this isn't the first time that he's shut down like this. When he does, he thinks of this horrible things about himself and all the reasons why he doesn't deserve to live."

"Why?"

"Adam is close with only a few people so losing one person is a huge deal to him because he has loss so much."

"Yeah, I understand."

"I know you've been there for him over the past couple of days but you need to stop."

"What do you mean?"

"He's definitely enjoying all the attention that you're giving him now. It's clear that he loves spending time with so that will make it harder for him to go out of this phase."

"So you're basically saying that I should stop hanging out with him."

"Yeah, stop caring too much. Act cool when you see him."

"Okay then." I chuckle.

****

"What are you watching?"

After coming back home, I took a nap then came downstairs to make some waffles.

Adam is watching a movie in his sitting room so I decide to check up on him.

He shifts his head from the screen and looks at me in surprise. "When did you come back?"

"A few hours ago."

"You didn't come to me." He frowns.

"I was busy." I shrug.

"There's something I want to talk to you about."

"What is it?" I ask.

He grabs my hand and pulls me to his lap. "What are you eating?" He asks looking at my plate.

"Waffles."

He brings his face closer to mine and look down at my lips. "You have some chocolate on your lips." He says softly.

"Do you wanna lick it off?" I whisper back, giving him a seductive look.

The look in his eyes also changed completely. "Do you want me to?"

I feel a pound in my heart. "Um-"

He starts moving closer, his lips almost touching mine but then he smirks and kisses my nose. "Why are you blushing so much?" He chuckles. "I was just joking."

"I hate you." I glare at him.

"But why are you blushing? You are really as innocent as I thought you were." He teases.

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"Stop it. I'm not."

"Okay."

I raise my hand and start stroking his hair. "Adam Black."

"Hmmm?"

"You have to go to London."

He raises an eyebrow. "So what exactly did Nathan say to you?"

"What? How did you know that I spoke with Nathan?"

"Your bodyguard told me."

"Cooper?"

"No, Kristine."

"You know, I don't like her."

"Why?"

"I don't know. That's not the point! Stop trying to change the topic."

"Amelia-"

"No, listen to me. Enough is enough. Aunt Jane has passed and I'm so sorry about that. You need to man up and accept that. Your cousins and your uncle need you."

He sighs. "That's what I want to talk to you about. I'm leaving tomorrow."

My eyes widen. "You are?"

"Yes, I am."

"Oh."

"It's cute when you get bossy like that." He smiles.

"Don't you mean beautiful?"

He rolls his eyes then reaches forward to touch my hair. "Did you change your hair?"

"Yeah, I had a haircut. You like it?"

"Yeah, I do."

I smile and hug him. He hugs me back and buries his face in my neck.

"Are you smelling me?" I chuckle as I feel him sniff.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"You smell good."

My heart melts and I grin. "You do too."

I feel a soft kiss on my neck and I close my eyes. "Let's go out tonight." He says.

****

"I have a very packed schedule in the upcoming weeks. After I spend a week in London, I'm going to New York then Russia and Iceland." Adam says. We are having dinner at

"Oh wow."

"I know your birthday is coming so if you don't have any plans yet, I would like to fly you and all of your friends to Paris to celebrate."

My eyes widen. "What? Seriously?!"

"Yeah."

"I would love that, Adam."

"Then it's settled." He grins, showing of those dimples that make my heart flutter.

"Thank you so much. My friends are going to be so excited."

"Good." He says.

I look down to continue eating my creme brûlée but I feel his stare on me.

I look back up and find him looking at me in a weird way. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

His eyes soften. "Cause you're gorgeous. I like the hair and makeup and the dress."

"You look very handsome too. You always do. Without even trying." I smile.

He lets out a soft chuckle and shakes his head.

"What's funny?" I ask then quickly add, "Hey, do your employees check you out a lot?"

"No, they are too afraid. I am my employees' biggest nightmare."

"And you enjoy being that?"

"I fucking love it."

I roll my eyes. "Then do you also love being attractive and making girls feel flustered all the time?"

His lips slowly curve to a smirk. "Sometimes."

"Gosh! Men are so arrogant."

"Just the truth." He winks playfully.

"Tell me the craziest thing a girl has ever done to get your attention."

He thinks for a bit then starts talking.

"Okay so when I was in college, there was this girl. She was so hot but I kept my distance because she was seeing someone. She said that she would leave him for me but I told her that I did not want to be in a relationship. I just wanted to spend the night with her-"

"Oh my God!" My eyes widen.

"Yeah, I was a dick back then."

"Clearly." I mutter and he narrows his eyes at me. "Sorry please go on."

"She kept on bugging me and I kept saying no so one night she sent me some pictures and her boyfriend found out."

"What kind of photos?"

He gives me a look. "Are you that innocent?"

Oh! Nudes!

"No. What happened after her boyfriend found out?"

"He came to my apartment and beat the shit out of me and I'm not even kidding, the guy was huge and strong. I couldn't move for days."

"That's what you get for being a dick."

He looks at me in shock with his mouth dropped.

"What?" I chuckle.

"That wasn't the reaction I was expecting from you."

"What did you expect?"

"I thought you would be all sweet and cuddly. I told you I couldn't move for days. You're a bad wife." He teases.

I giggle and raise my glass. "Cheers to that."

"You know, you look really pretty tonight."

"You're acting so weird today."

"How?"

"You're giving me compliments and you've been smiling non-stop."

He sexily runs his fingers through his hair. "I know. I feel more comfortable around you now."

"You felt uncomfortable before?"

"Yeah. I still do because I never know what to expect from you." He explains.

"Hmmm."

"So I want to talk about the other night."

"About your nightmare?"

"What?" He puts on his emotionless mask and shakes his head."I mean, you being a part of Black Industries."

"Adam-"

"You know you're already a part of it. It's one of the reasons that we had to get married. I'm just trying to make it official."

"But why now?"

"I just want you to have everything you want."

"I do have everything."

"You're so stubborn!" He frowns.

"And so are you! I said no to you already."

"I don't take no for an answer. I always get what I want." He said in a business-like manner and that makes me see red.

"Adam, I'm not just some business deal!" I snap.

"Of course you aren't."

"Well, you're making it seem like I am and I hate it." My voice breaks.

"Please don't cry. I wanted this night to be fun for us"

"Me too."

"Come here."

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Give me a smile then."

I slowly curve my  lips into a smile.

"That's my wifey."

****

I kick of my heels as Adam and I enter our home. I am so tired. Today has been crazy.

"You okay?" Adam asks, giving his coat to the maid.

"Yeah." I reply softly.

He lets out a deep breath. "I'm sorry for what happened earlier. You know I hate to see you upset."

I look up and our eyes meet. He continues talking before I reply.

"The reason why I'm doing this is because I want you to be protected especially when we divorce."

I instantly freeze and look at him in confusion. "Sorry what?"

"I-"

"What do you mean when we divorce?"

My mind is thinking of a thousand things right now and that the fact that he said when not if
makes this even scarier.

Adam has completely taking over my heart and the thought of not being married to him is very upsetting to me.

"I did make a promise to you on our wedding day. This isn't like any other situation. We didn't want to get into this but we had to. I know you want to live your life by your choices and I want to give you that."

"But I'm good now." I say and enter the living room.

"I'm glad you are but are we going to live like this for the rest of our life? I think you and I are different and you know, you deserve so much in life and I want you to have everything."

"But I like don't wanna lose you."

"I don't want to lose you to but I know you want to find love and like all the romantic stuff. I can't give you that, Amelia"

Oh my God, my biggest nightmare and greatest fear was having feelings for him. I know that he can never feel the same but I fell for him anyway. "Okay." I look down.

I thought I might give him sometime, maybe he'll eventually feel the same but he sounds so sure of himself. I want him in my life. I like Adam a lot. A tear drops from my eye.

He frowns. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Amelia, talk to me."

"I'm just really scared of losing you." I admit, wiping my tears.

His expression is still cold and stone as he says, "You won't."

I'm not sure I believe that.

****

Hi guyssss!

I know it's been a while so I'm really sorry. Writer's block is real. I wanted to write and update so bad but I didn't have any ideas. I'm not even sure if this chapter is good enough. I hope you enjoyed it.

What do you think about Adam leaving?

And him bringing up the divorce?

How real do you think Amelia's feelings for him are?

I've missed you. I hope you're all staying safe and taking care of yourselves.

Don't forget to vote, comment, share and wash your hands!

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
1.3M 40.9K 36
In this sequel to Falling Helplessly, Miles and Isabella find each other again. It's as if they're meant to be. What will the future hold for them? ...
689K 29.3K 36
Isabella was not interested in falling in love. Marco was not looking for a relationship. The perfect combination for a foolproof agreement. Right? ...
800K 14.3K 49
THIS BOOK IS 18+/ NOW ON KINDLE VELLA WITH SOME ADJUSTMENTS! "Alright, I'll tell you the rules twice, and I'll need you to memorize them, write them...