The Guardian Rose

By GramzonDragon

(Y/N) encounters Summer Rose during a Grimm attack. When (Y/N) is injured Summers tells him to run, giving hi... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1: A New Day
Chapter 2: Initiation Test
Chapter 4: Dealing With A Bully.
Chapter 5: The Challenge.
Chapter 6: A Secret Is Revealed.
Chapter 7: Confessions.
Chapter 8: Best Day Ever!
Chapter 9: Explanations.
Chapter 10: Another Day At Beacon
Chapter 11: Painting The Town...
Q & A
Chapter 12: Recruiting the Enemy.
Chapter 13: Preparations for the Ball.
Chapter 14: Dance and Infiltration.
Chapter 15: The Shadow's Rage and Field Trip.
Chapter 16: What Was Once Lost, Has Been Found.
Chapter 17: Breach and Final Goodbye.
Q&A 2
Team T/N Bios
Chapter 18: Vital Festival
Chapter 19: Frosty Greetings.
Chapter 20: Planning
???
Chapter 21: The Beginning of the Fall.
Chapter 22: Battle of Beacon.
Chapter 23: The Fall of Beacon.
Epilogue
Q&A 3

Chapter 3: Classes

9K 130 256
By GramzonDragon

3rd POV

Ozpin: Russel Thrush. Cardin Winchester. Dove Bronzewing. Sky Lark. The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL, led by... Cardin Winchester!

Y/N: (Why do I have the feeling that I'm gonna hate them?

The audience gives one more wave of ovation, while four students walk up to the stage to take their places in front of the headmaster as their faces fill the screen.

Ozpin: Jaune Arc. Lie Ren. Pyrrha Nikos. Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR.

Amid the clapping, Nora laughs and gives Ren a hug.

Ozpin: Led by... Jaune Arc!

Jaune: Huh? L-Led by...?

Y/N: (SON OF A BITCH!)

Ozpin: Congratulations, young man.

A grinning Pyrrha offers a friendly shoulder bump to Jaune, but her "fine leader" is knocked over and falls to his butt in front of the laughing audience.

Ozpin: Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by... Ruby Rose!

Weiss looks to her right surprised, where Ruby is obviously in shock as Yang goes over to hug her sister.

Y/N: (SON OF BITCH AGAIN!)

Yang: I'm so proud of you!

Ozpin: Now, Y/N L/N. Vernde Celtin. You two never got more partners, on normal circumstances you would be kicked out. But since you both retrieved the crimson pawn pieces. You will be a two person team, lead by Y/N L/N.

Vernde: *Whispers* You okay?

Y/N: *Whispers* I'll tell you later...

Ozpin: It looks like things are shaping up to be an... interesting year.

Y/N thought for a moment before he realized something.

Y/N: Wait...

Vernde: What is it? You look like you've seen a ghost.

Y/N: Lie Ren... Nora Valkyrie... I know them.

Vernde: Where do you know them from?

Y/N: The village where I lived before it was destroyed... Kuroyuri...

Later

Y/N: Ren! Nora! Is that really you?

Ren and Nora turned and their eyes widened.

Nora: Y/N? Is that... Really you?

Y/N: Y-yeah, I'm glad to see other people made it out.

Ren: ... We were the only ones.

Y/N: I-I see... Well, good luck to you both.

Nora: Sure thing! You take care of yourself!

Ren: See you around Y/N.

Y/N went to his dorm room and collapsed on a bed.

Y/N: (I'm glad they made it out. They were my only friends there.)

Y/N slowly drifted to sleep feeling slightly more relaxed.

Elsewhere

A shadowy room filled with shelves and a desk in the back, where a shadowy figure paced back and forth in front of a cell. In the cell was a young woman whose face was covered in dried blood and bruises'

???1: Wonder how much longer you can last.

The mysterious figure laughed as he walked up the stairs. When the door slammed a the woman spoke only one word.

???2: Y-Y/N...

???3: H-he'll come... *cough* I k-know he w-will...

The Next Morning

Y/N woke up around 6 AM with a headache. He shook it off as he went to take a shower. After he was done, he looked at himself in the mirror. He was well built, and he noticed his hair seemed a bit brighter. He then felt the scar that was on his shoulder.

Y/N: Can't believe it's been 7 years since that day.

Y/N walked out in his uniform and saw that Vernde was already awake and ready.

Vernde: Hey, Y/N. How'd you sleep?

Y/N: Not too bad. First time I slept in a bed in a long time.

Vernde: So what got you so worked up yesterday?

Y/N: Well... I kinda swore to Oum that if either Jaune or Ruby became leaders, I would get a girlfriend before the end of the school year.

Vernde: Damn, got hit with a double whammy huh?

Y/N: Yeah, now let's get the room more organized.

Y/N and Vernde then went to work. Y/N began to pull out two metal poles from the shadows, that had two hooks on them. Vernde started to put up a few posters. One of them had a RTX logo, while another had a rooster and chattering teeth on it. Y/N moved one of the beds to the center of the room, then set the metal poles on the ground. The poles began to extend until they embedded themselves into the floor and ceiling.

Vernde: What are those for?

Y/N: You'll see.

Y/N then pulled out a cloth that had rope on it, and began to attach it to the hooks on the poles. That's when Vernde realized what it was.

Vernde: You have a hammock?

Y/N: *nods* Yup, I sleep in them better.

Vernde: So what are you going to do with the other bed?

Y/N: Open the window.

Vernde opened the window and Y/N chucked the bed out it. Vernde looked at Y/N in shock.

Vernde: You are gutsy.

Y/N: Yup, now let's head on over to class.

Vernde: Wait, what time is it?

Y/N: 8:54

Vernde: Oh, well you got time. See ya there!

Vernde ran out the door as Y/N jumped out the window and began to causally walk to class. Teams RWBY and JNPR ran past him.

Ruby: Come on Y/N! You're going to be late!

Y/N smiled as he vanished into the shadows. He reappeared in Professor Port's class right next to Vernde.

Vernde: Glad you could make it.

The late bell was about to ring when RWBY and JNPR fell into the classroom

Port: Please be sure to be on time from now on.

RWBY&JNPR: Sorry professor.

Port: Now... Monsters! Deeeemons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!

The members of RWBY, seated on the front row, are in varying stages of interest. Blake and Yang are sitting up and paying attention, Weiss is taking notes, and Ruby has her head propped in her hand as she takes a quick nap until she is woken back up by Port's bad joke, which receives a cricket-filled silence as a result. Y/N and Vernde silently groaned.

Port: Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses...Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world!

Student: Ayyyy-yep!

Y/N&Vernde: (For the love of Oum, sit back down!)

Port: That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy...

His words fade into blahs when Weiss notices Ruby is very focused on penciling the paper in front of her. Y/N decides to start drawing in his notebook.

Port: ...Despite smelling of cabbages, my grandfather was a wise man. 'Peter', he told me...

The speech evolves into more blahs as Ruby chuckles at her creation and shows it to her teammates: a ball-with-limbs-and-a-head drawing of the teacher with stink lines coming from him and Professor Poop written underneath. Ruby blows a quick raspberry. Y/N, Vernde, Blake and Yang laugh, but Weiss looks annoyed.

Port: Ah-heh-hem! In the end, the Beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity, and I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high, celebrated as a hero!

The teacher takes a bow as Weiss slowly gets more and more frustrated with Ruby's antics.

Y/N: (Oh lighten up Ice Princess.)

Port: The moral of this story? A true Huntsman must be honorable!

Ruby is balancing an apple on a book with her pencil held only by her finger while making a silly face. Y/N attempted to do the same but his apple vanished.

Port: A true Huntsman must be dependable!

Ruby has fallen asleep again in the first class of the year.

Y/N: (Don't blame you, how can anyone stay awake long enough?)

Port: A true Huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise!

Ruby is not-so-subtly picking her nose, much to Weiss' building anger.

Port: So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?

Weiss is about to raise her hand when Y/N Shot up.

Y/N: I believe I do Professor!

Port: Well, then, let's find out! Step forward, and face your opponent!

Y/N stood on the stage and cracked his knuckles.

Port: Umm, don't you want to grab your weapon?

Y/N: I use my hands to fight sir.

Port: Very well. Let's see how you handle this!

Port broke the lock off and a Boarbatusk rushed out. The Boarbatusk stared at Y/N and was beginning to look nervous. Everyone was a bit shock when the Grimm didn't attack immediately. The Boarbatusk then charged at Y/N who simply dodged it by jumping over it, and as he did he placed his hand at its back. During this short period of time, Y/n's hand had red mist coming off of it. Y/N managed to land behind the creature as it turned to face him again. Everyone noticed on how the Grimm was shaking its head violently, as if it were trying to shake something off. The Boarbatusk charged at Y/N again, who didn't bother moving, only to run past him and back into the cage.

Y/N: Game. Set. Match.

Port: Ah, Y-yes. I believe that concludes today's lesson.

The bell rang and everyone left to their next class, except Y/N who decided to stay behind.

Y/N: So Professor, what did you think?

Port: How did you do that?

Y/N: Make the Boarbatusk run away? Easy, I won the battle of fear, with fear.

And with that Y/N left to go to his next class when he saw Weiss on the balcony. He sighed as he went to talk to her.

Y/N: Y'know, no matter what you think, you are not worthy of being a leader.

Weiss: What?! How dare you!

Y/N: I trust Ozpin made his decision for a good reason.

Weiss: So you would just blindly trust his decision even after seeing how exceptional I am?

Y/N: To be fair, you have a poor attitude.

Weiss: No I don't!

Y/N: My case has rested. When I look at you, I see a brat who has spent her entire life getting exactly what she wanted.

Weiss: That's not even remotely true! Well... not entirely true.

Y/N: So the outcome did not fall in your favor. Do you really believe that acting in such a manner would cause those in power to reconsider their decision? I don't. So instead of fretting about what you don't have, savor what you do. Hone your skills, perfect every technique, and be not the best leader, but the best person you can be. And I'm sorry about before, being alone for so long, you kind of forget how to properly deal with situations.

Weiss: Th-thanks Y/N. y the way, how did you defeat it?

Y/N: the Grimm are attracted to fear, so why not have them fear me?

Y/N walked away and met up with Port and Ozpin.

Port: Couldn't have said it better myself!

Y/N: Thanks Professor, is there something I can help you with?

Ozpin: Port told me what happened. I just want to know if it has to do with your Semblance.

Y/N: Fear Control. It allows me to make my opponent feel fear. And that was my first time using it on a Grimm. Interesting results if I do say so myself.

Ozpin: Very well, enjoy your evening.

Later That Night

Y/N laid down in his hammock as he pulled out a few pictures. One had him and Summer on it, the other one had him and his family on it, and the last one had a picture of him and a young girl eating ice-cream together.

Vernde: Hey Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah, Vern?

Vernde: Do you remember how we first met?

Y/N: Of course how could I forget? I saw you killing beowolves left and right.

Vernde: Yeah, then the alpha showed up and started giving me a hard time.

Y/N: Then I had to come help you.

Vernde: I probably would've died if not for you.

Y/N: Yeah. You got a good cape out of it.

Vernde: I wonder how it happened. Was it fate? Destiny?

Y/N: A horse.

Vernde: A horse?

Y/N: Yeah, believe it or not I was chasing down a missing horse.

Vernde: Wow... Well I'm headed to bed now. Night Fear Master.

Y/N: Night Bad Wolf.

A/N

We now know of Y/N's past.

Love interest - ends Chapter 4 - Man, it's a back and forth between Ruby and Neo.

(VOTES CLOSED)

Ruby - 5

Yang - 1

Velvet - 0

Neo - 4

OC Name list - ends on Chapter 5

1. Alex Ryder by: mageboy2

2. No character yet.

3. No character yet.

The Guardian Rose - #60 in rwby - as of 1/13/2020

That's amazing! thank you for the views/votes! See You next Chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 2.2K 42
This is an RWBY fanfic in which the Winter Soldier meets RWBY. The reader was born without Semblance or Aura. He had to train himself to achieve his...
1.6K 98 6
The boy who ran from bis problems. Found his spirit and ran towards then. The story of Y/n and his adventures as a prospective student of Beacon aca...
166K 2.1K 9
(F/N) (L/N) is just another face in the crowd. No one would bother looking twice at him. Except someone does, two someone's in fact. Somehow, (F/N) m...
10.1K 61 25
in the forest, y/n training to fight fallen Angels, grimm and villains. but he heard something in the bush and met a little girl that can Heal people...