The Lily and The Sword (Conra...

By Lazy_Rain

After being sucked into an unknown world, Rina Shibuya, doing her best to protect her little brother comes to... More

The Beginning
First Impressions
The Unfair Duel/"I will become your Demon King!".
The Coronation/ Yuri The Demon King
"It Bit Me!"/"What's wrong with a toothless dog?".
The Shrine Maiden, Ulrike/ The Attempted Kidnapping
The Kidnapping
The Great Escape
The Elopers and The Sand Bear
Celi's Getting Married?!
I See The Light
The Great One and Julia
Conrart's Arm
Shimaron/ "Do you want to kill Julia?!"
Günter vs. Conrad
Your Name is Demon King
For Our Bonds

The Pirate Attack

423 8 3
By Lazy_Rain

Our journey began for the Unholy Sword Morgiph, I took a deep breath as we traveled across the sea to Cavalcade in the human realm.
Although despite Conrart and I accompanying Yuri, Wolfram decided to stow away on the voyage with us.
It must have been from that promise I made him swear, I smiled sheepishly as Wolfram suffered from sea-sickness. I tied my hair up in a ponytail then I continued stroking Wolfram's hair to much of his dislike but it soothed him a little. As he rested his head in my lap while I marvelled at Yuri's new look.
I think Wolfram thought Conrart and Yuri were doing something entirely different I ended up laughing a little.

"Wow, you look like an entirely different person" I exclaimed smiling.

"These contact lenses are like pebbles in my eyes" Yuri complained as he tried to get used to them.

"Now you know how Shouri feels when he wears them sometimes" I chimed giggling.

Yuri pulled a childish face and I pulled one back followed with a small laugh.

"How are you feeling this morning, Wolfram?" Conrart asked as he stepped back from my little brother.

Wolfram dropped his head back on my lap, "not good".

I sighed with a sympathetic smile as I gently stroked his hair, "think of land, Wolfram, think of land".

"It serves you right for stowing away" Conrart said firmly.

"Don't be mad at him Conrart despite Wolfram being the way he is, he just wanted to keep Yuri safe", I replied as I continued to stroke Wolfram's hair, "besides four people looks less suspicious than three".

"Don't speak for me" Wolfram groaned irritably.

"At least someone's speaking for you" I replied as I looked down at Wolfram.

"I suppose where loyalty is concerned, Wolfram isn't wrong" Conrart sighed as he rested his hands on his hips, "now let's go to breakfast".

"Don't mention food around me, I'm too sick to eat" Wolfram exclaimed as he clung to the bedsheets.

I slide off from under Wolfram and stroked his hair comfortingly, "I'll bring you back something, perhaps a drink of water".

"What about yoghurt?", Yuri suggested, "I hear that goes down smoothly".

I grimaced a little as Wolfram grabbed his sick bowl then I glared at Yuri, "well done Yuri, you made it worse".

"Sorry...".

Leaving Wolfram suffering in the room, the rest of us went to breakfast. I began to think of what to get Wolfram, something small and light on the stomach, maybe bread and honey.
Suddenly we came across two other passengers, it looked like they were father and daughter.

She's so cute! She reminds me of the kids at the kindergarten!!

"Hi there" Yuri greeted awkwardly.

"And to you, young man" the gentleman greeted back as he took his hat off his head.

It was a bit of a surprise that when he removed his hat that it revealed his shiny, bold head. Nothing would have been said about it when my stupid, little brother started to over react and jumped back.

I nudged his shoulder, restraining myself from hitting him over the head, "you're being rude".

"I must apologise for my master, he's not used to the Cavaulcade style of greeting" Conrart exclaimed as he rested his hand on Yuri's shoulder.

"Oh it's quite alright" the stranger replied with a smile, "what might your names be?".

Conrart introduced Yuri as a silk tradesman and I'm his older sister while he is the loyal attendant, I looked down at the young miss holding her father's hand and smiled warmly. She hid more behind her father's leg shyly.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, my name is Hyscliff of Misshinai and this young lady accompanying me is my daughter, Beatrice" the gentleman smiled as he gestured to the young girl.

I bent down to the young girl and offered my hand, "hello Beatrice, my name is Rina".

The young girl looked up at her father then at me and took my hand, "hello".

Cuteness overload!

"I like your pigtails, you look so cute" I beamed sweetly.

I noticed the little girl's shy confusion had changed to a shy smile with flushed cheeks, "thank you".

Suddenly there was a commotion on the other end of the corridor that it made Yuri run to see what the fuss was about, Conrart ran after him. I got up and waved at them before excusing myself. We found a sailor beating up a young boy, Yuri wanted to get involved and almost gave the older crewman a speech. Conrart handled it with money and the situation desolved itself quickly after that, it's a shame that even here everything comes down to money.
I sighed and leant against the paneling where the boy was as I tried catching my breath.

"Rina are you alright?" Yuri asked worriedly.

"I thought there was brawl of some sort", I rested my hand on my chest as I took another deep breath, "thank goodness it wasn't".

Yuri is confused but Conrart smiles with a laugh, "Nothing like that will happen, I assure you".

"Excuse me for being concerned for everyone's well being", I pulled a funny face and then sigh again.

I noticed Yuri looking a little sad and tried standing up straight, "What's wrong Yuri?".

"I was just thinking how selfish I've been" Yuri replied as he leaned on the railing.

"What do you mean, your majesty?" Conrart asked with bewilderment.

"I've always felt I was unlucky" Yuri exclaimed, "but that's not fair, take that kid we just rescused".

"I know you've had some bad luck sometimes but that's a bit much", I smiled sympathetically, " and thinking that the ship apprentice is unlucky is one sided, Yuri".

"Huh?".

"Rina's right your majesty, saying he is unlucky isn't for you to say" Conrart remarked, "he might consider himself lucky for what he's able to have".

"Well you're both mature, aren't you?" Yuri stated as he looked off to the sea.

I giggled, "learning from experiences makes the person, you'll find that out one day".

"I'm older than you your majesty, at this point in time" Conrart replied with a smile.

*******

The day went by quite quickly and there was a party sort of gathering on deck, Wolfram was better but wasn't well enough to get up.
I felt underdressed for the party but I also felt no need to change for a simple couple of hours.
As the gathering went on, more and more people were throwing their left overs on the floor, I was just grateful Wolfram wasn't here to see it.

"So this seems like a human custom" Yuri stated weakly.

"It seems so" Conrart agreed.

Shortly after Yuri was surrounded by a big group of beautiful women that all wanted to dance with him, Yuri ended up calling out for help he was that over whelmed.

"Rina, Conrad, help me! Get me out of here!".

"Yuri you're so handsome in this world, there's nothing I can do for you" Conrart replied with a smile.

"You're so full of it and you're so dead!" Yuri yelled in annoyance.

I giggled and covered my mouth with my hand, "poor little brother, what am I gonna do with you?".

It was then that Hyscliff, the passenger from earlier, asked if Yuri would dance with Beatrice.
Anyway to get away from the crazy women, Yuri agreed and went to ask her for a dance. It looked like he was asking weirdly, but Beatrice agreed none-the-less.

I watched with Conrart as Yuri danced with Beatrice, "My, my how Yuri has grown. It feels like only yesterday I was walking Yuri to pre school and now he's having his first dance. It reminds me when I used to dance with my dad or sometimes my older brother every year on my birthday".

"You sound like you had a fortunate life" Conrart smiled at me.

"Yes, I count myself fortunate to have a loving family and all that comes with it", I smiled back then turned back at the dancing couples, "I just wish other people had more comfortable lives, like food to eat and a roof over their heads but also the love from those close to them".

Conrart was silent, I must have said something strange and felt a wave of embarrassed as my cheeks heated up, I felt his gaze still on me.
I smiled more and then an idea popped up, "anyway Conrart", I jumped in front of him and I held out my hand, "care to dance with me?".

You're rather bold this evening, Rina...

Oh shush, he needs a bit of entertaining...

Conrart looked surprised but smiled and took my hand, "I would be honored".

I grin at his reply, the feeling of his hands on me and his gaze left me blushing as the music went on.

Conrart's POV

Rina is so intriguing and yet so kind it's unsual to find kind people like her, I wonder what else she has under her sleeve that could bring out more of my curiousity. The feeling of dancing with Rina is like I'm in some sort of lucid dream, loosing myself in the dance made it so surreal. I felt almost lost in the moment until Rina let out an inward giggle.

"Do I amuse you?" I asked curiously.

"I didn't think you could dance so well" she admitted as she looked up at me, "It's nice to be able to dance with someone without them stepping on my toes".

I laughed in response, "you must have not had many dance partners".

"No, I suppose not", she giggled more.

Rina's POV

The blush on my cheeks lessened but still lingered, his words seemed so genuine and carefree despite how reserved he behaves.
I admit it was a joy and a comfort to talk with him unlike previous men I've spoken to in University and my part time job.
Suddenly strange men in skirts came out with their weapons yelling for us to do as they say or we would get hurt, it was clear no one was going to stand still and thus a commotion began on deck. Conrart tightened hos grip on my hand and we ran to go find Yuri, in the commotion we lost sight of him.

"Wait, let's go check the room" I exclaimed as I pulled me another direction.

So we did we ran as fast as our feet could carry us, praying Yuri would be there and safe.
We got there to find Yuri and Wolfram arguing, I held Yuri tightly.

"Thank goodness, you're safe Yuri. We were so worried" I exclaimed panting heavily.

"What's going on?" Yuri asked confused.

"The ship has been taken over by pirates, your majesty needs to hide" Conrart exclaimed as he moved Yuri and Wolfram to the closet.

"You too Rina", he was about to push me in with them

"No way, I'm not standing on the side lines while you play humble hero!" I cried with detemination, "I know how to defend myself just fine".

Conrart looked at me surprised but nodded in agreement.

"Rina, what are you doing?" Yuri asked worriedly.

I smiled and ignored him as I turned to Wolfram, "please keep Yuri safe Wolfram. I know you can do it".

The blonde looked at me astonished but nodded, I look at Yuri and kissed his head, "it's going to be ok. We'll be right back".

Yuri looked confused but Conrart and I had shut the closet door and left before there was any protest.
Conrart and I were running down the corridor with haste and I could tell there was a lingering question.

"Why are you doing this?".

That one.

"I'm not gonna stand by and be dead weight, if I am to be dragged into this world I rather be useful than useless" I explained as I ran faster to where all the noise was coming from.

The moment we were on deck I kicked a pirate down and grabbed his sword, my fighting spirit was alight and I began to fight, no pirate would stand in my way to defend the ship my little brother was on.
Mum taught me well and it became clear when I started high school that sword fighting was like a dance, a deadly but gracful dance but a dance regardless.
I sweeped a man of his feet literally, I headed to the other end of the deck.
Until I noticed the little girl Beatrice looking for her father, I ran for her as fast as I could but when I was almost there I was tripped up by a pirate I missed and crashed.
They were holding me and Beatrice to one side, the women were moved to their ship and the men including Conrart were huddled together on the other side of the deck being gaurded by some of the ruffians. The smell of alcohol and bad breath made me grimace as part of the crew searched the rest of the ship, I prayed that they wouldn't find the boys.
A pirate was pulling at Beatrice's hair causing her to cry and call for Mister Hyscliff, it broke my heart and infuriated me to think he could be so cruel.

"Have you no heart?, she's just a little girl. Let her go! She's just a child, she won't do any harm!" I cried as I struggled to get free so I could give the oaf a piece of my mind.

Suddenly I noticed Wolfram and Yuri being forced on deck and I began to panic as I struggled even more, "Yuri!"

"Shut it you cow!", the pirate behind me whacked me over the head with the hilt of his sword.

I bite back the pain and began to feel a little dizzy, in all the commotion Julia was talking to me in between each painful throb that pounded in my head.

Don't be so rash Rina, all will be well you'll see...

I looked up to see Yuri he looked so frightened and I ended up smiling in reassurance. I must have looked awful since Yuri's eyes widened with fear.

"STOP THIS!" Yuri cried as radiant, blue light surrounded him.

I stood there in shock as Yuri transformed into a man I couldn't recognise. I looked on with astonishment as Yuri used is demon powers despite it being disgusting as a rubbish giant started attacking the pirates, they in turn looked like a bunch of ants scrambling for safety in the panic. My feet felt like they would give in underneath me from how much pain I was in but I preserved as I guided Beatrice back to her father without a struggle then ran over to Conrart and Wolfram, I began to have a dizzy spell as I accidentally knocked into Conrart.

"Rina are you alright?" He asked, concerned.

"D-don't worry about me", I stood up properly, "what about Yuri?".

It looked as if he wasn't going to stop terrorising the people who were still on board, I ended up running the best I could to Yuri.

"Come on little July, that's enough. I think they understand that what they did was wrong" I exclaimed sweetly.

"Rina?".

"That's right, come here Yuri we're safe. No... need to... worry", I began to wobble a bit.

Before I knew it my knees buckled from under me and I held my head from where I received that blow, I noticed the blue light edge it's way closer to me and then I felt a soothing touch on my head to the point the pain went away. Every thing went dark...

*****

I stirred from my sleep as I flutter my eyes open, the first thing I saw was Wolfram's cute face.

"Wolfram...?".

"How are you feeling Rina?" The blonde asked with concern.

I began to lift my head noticing I was using Conrart's shoulder, I felt a little self concious and began looking around the room we found ourselves in. To see we were in the brig of a patrol ship, Yuri was lying on the otherside of Conrart sound asleep.

"I'm... alright, I think" I replied as I put my hand where my injury should have been.

"It was fortunate that his majesty healed you before he reverted back to normal" Conrart exclaimed.

I smiled a little at Conrart, "so I've finally witnessed my baby brother's demon powers, he truly has grown up".

"Sadly it was in such pour taste" Wolfram replied bitterly.

I giggled a little and looked at them both, "even so in all my years, I've never seen anything like that happen to Yuri. I feel fortunate to be able to witness something so great".

Conrart and Wolfram looked at me strangely as if I developed a bump on my head, I giggled in amusement.

"It's fine, I don't expect you to understand".

A couple days later, we escaped the ship with the help of Conrart's friend Yozak and bribing a crew member we rowed all night to our journey's end. After tonight I saw a whole new world that I never wanted to let go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 593 22
When you and Yuri were younger you were in pairs figure skating together but you could only go to Russia during winter break. One year you had to lea...
851K 29K 45
━ ❝ 𝐈𝐅 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍, 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍? 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐈 𝐃𝐎 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍? ❞ ( kny upper moons x fem!reader )...
26.6K 636 13
Sequester (v.) To isolate or hide away Y/N is running from the Galra when she happens upon the paladins of Voltron. The blue paladin strongly resembl...
1.3K 77 15
Note-* I can never remember how old everyone is. So all characters have been aged up. Except for Shura who has been aged down a bit. " Warning Lemons...