i like (the idea of) you • gr...

By mercurygrant

Grayson Dolan, the boy who has annoyed Opal for most of her life. He's arrogant, and cocky, and... really cut... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty

seventeen

2.2K 45 70
By mercurygrant

OPAL'S POV

Grayson grabbed my hand, dragging me into a dark janitors closet.

"Gray, what're we doing?" I laughed, feeling around for a light switch. "You've got class in a few minutes."

"I know, babe, but I wanted to wish you good luck with your meeting first," he hums as I finally find the light. I had a meeting with an academic advisor next period, about college and stuff. "And also, you look really good."

It was cute, that he had remembered and wanted to wish me luck. Grayson was sweeter than I could've ever imagined. We still were a secret, but neither of us minded.

Due to us being a secret, I didn't go with him to hangout with his friends on his birthday. But I actually preferred that—he still needed to see them without me around sometimes, and lately we'd been spending a lot of time together, hidden away.

Plus, he came over to my house afterward and we baked a cake, I gave him his gift, normal birthday stuff. It was a really good day.

His fingers reach for the hem of my skirt, leaning in to kiss me. I wore a skirt for my meeting, but his reaction was a bonus.

As the bell rang, he sighed loudly. "Can't we just stay here?"

"I would, but I've got my meeting," I laugh quietly, pressing one more kiss to his lips. "I'll see you later, okay?"

He rolls his eyes as we slip out of the closet, heading different ways. I was pretty nervous for it, and I didn't wanna be late, so I went straight there.

It takes about the whole period, going over different schools, my transcript, and a lot of other stuff. It's overwhelming. By the time I'm walking out I'm exhausted, searching for Grayson.

School was out so I went to his locker, frowning at the sight. He was with some friends, laughing—and a girl was clinging onto his arm. I didn't blame her, no one knew we were dating, but he barely noticed she was blatantly flirting with him.

Her name was Lily, we had a few classes together. She's nice... but I definitely hated seeing her on Grayson like that.

I'm totally the stupid jealous girlfriend.

I didn't want to be, but he was oblivious. My eyes narrowed slightly, and before I could even think about what I was doing I was walking up to them.

"Gray!" I called, my heart hammering. What the hell am I doing?

He smiled slightly as he turned to me, but confusion was written across his face. None of his friends knew about us.

But, ignoring all common sense, I skipped right up to Grayson and pulled him in for a kiss.

It was so petty, and I felt a little bad about it as his arms wrapped around my waist. "Ready to leave?"

"Y-yeah, let's go, babe," he nods, grinning at me. "See you guys later?"

His wide eyed friends didn't even have time to react as I dragged him out the side door, him letting out a loud laugh as soon as it shut behind us. He turns to me, pressing my back up against the brick wall.

"I'm sorry," I whine, frowning up at him. I felt really bad now.

"Opal, I didn't picture you as the jealous type," he teases, fingers running down my sides. "You don't have to be sorry. I just wasn't expecting that."

"I should've said something first, and I shouldn't have done it like that," he shrugs, leaning in to plant open-mouthed kisses along my jaw and underneath my ear. "I didn't think I got jealous so easily either."

"I'm definitely not mad that everyone knows you're mine now," he whispers, sending chills up my spine. "Let's head home, babe."

Part of why I got so jealous was because I knew Grayson was way out of my league. But here he was, with me, reassuring me I was the one he wanted.

Now that we weren't keeping things a secret, I hoped we could go out and do something for once. Mostly we'd just been hanging out at each other's houses, making out—which was fun, of course—but it was a little weird.

We end up at my house today though, sitting on my bed doing our homework. Not without getting distracted of course.

I offer him a kiss for every answer he gets right, which works for a while. But before I know it he's hovering over me, both of us shirtless.

My heart is caught in my throat at the feeling of his lips on me. "Opal, you okay?"

"Y-yeah, I—"

"Just let me know if you wanna stop, babe," he hums, lifting his head to smile at me. "I don't wanna make you uncomfortable."

"I know," I smile back, my hand on the back of his neck as I yank him down to meet my lips once more.

God, I was so nervous. Truthfully I wasn't sure if I was ready—but it was normal to be nervous, right? I trusted Grayson, I knew he wouldn't hurt me or push me too far.

He hums appreciatively as I suck on the skin of his jaw, his hands gently move my legs apart, looking up at me to check one more. My breathing is erratic as he pushes my skirt up, a breathy moan slipping past my lips as he plants kisses on my inner thighs.

"Opal!"

Both of us freeze in place, hearing my dads voice calling out to me. He wasn't supposed to be home yet. He was a couple of hours early.

I rush to pull my shirt on and fix my skirt, shoving Grayson inside of my closet with his clothes. Part of me was a little grateful we didn't get any further, the other part of me was frustrated by it—but I'd rather not have to be almost-caught like that again.

"Dad?" I laugh awkwardly, opening my door. "Why're you're home so early?"

"Just finished up," he shrugs, leaning against my doorframe. I was afraid as he glanced around my room that something might be noticeably off, that he'd realize I was hiding Grayson in my closet. "What do you wanna do for dinner, sweetie?"

I bit my lip, "um, not sure. Not that hungry right now, ask me again in a couple hours?"

He nods, eyes still scanning my room before landing back on me. "Why is your shirt inside out?"

"It's—it's not?"

Well that wasn't what I should've said. I could've at least lied and pretended I didn't notice, but nope, it's not.

And it definitely was, taking a second glance at it. To make matters worse, Grayson knocks something over inside of my closet. My dad knows.

I don't say anything, just putting my face in my hands as he walks over to the door. When he opens it, Grayson is sitting on the floor, a few things had fallen on top of them.

"Hi, Mr. Knight."

Cringing, he stands to his feet, and all I can be grateful for is the fact that he got dressed again before getting caught. He awkwardly steps out of my closet, and if not for what was happening, I'd find it funny to see him nervous for once.

"Uh, t-this is Grayson," I mumble, stepping beside him. "We're kind of dating."

My dad just sighs, crossing his arms. "You know you're supposed to tell me when you have people over, Opal."

My face had never felt so warm before.

"I know. I'm sorry," I tell him, feeling Grayson rub his thumb against the back of my hand. "It won't happen again, I swear. I just... it won't happen again."

He knew from my shirt that we were doing more than homework, so I didn't even try to lie about it. It had been a while since I'd dated anyone, and nothing as serious as Grayson and I were becoming, so I didn't even know how he'd react to any of this.

My dad has never been strict, and we were close, but I didn't have enough experience with boyfriends to know how he felt about me bringing them home. This wasn't the best situation to find out.

"Grayson, come talk with me in the kitchen while Opal gets... redressed," my dad hums. Him and Grayson are gone before I can protest.

I fix my shirt as quickly as I can, wipe the chapstick off of my neck, and run a brush through my hair. I didn't want to leave Grayson alone with my dad for long.

"Are you two being safe?"

"Oh, we haven't—I wanna make sure Opal's comfortable before anything happens. But uh, if it does I promise we will be. I know what it looks like but really, we haven't done—" I save Grayson from his endless rambling as I walk back out, sitting next to him at the counter. "Yeah."

"You need to leave your door open when he's over," my dad warns. "Is he staying for dinner?"

"I will. But actually we're probably gonna head to his house... it's just next door, and it's not empty, promise," we hadn't talked about it, but my house was a little awkward to be in right now. I don't think Grayson will be upset if we head over to his instead.

"Oh, you're Dolan's kid? The neighbor?" My dad laughs. "Yeah, have fun, Opal. Text me if you'll be home late."

Grayson furrows his eyebrows slightly, but we head out. The second we get into his house he bursts into laughter.

"Grayson! It wasn't funny!" I whine. "That was my dad. I didn't want him to find out like that."

"It was really fucking funny, Opal," he shakes his head. "Oh my god, you looked so scared, babe."

"You were scared too!"

"Okay, yeah, but your face was priceless," Grayson teases. Maybe it was a little bit funny. My dad wasn't mad, so I could laugh about it. "Why'd he react like that when he found out who I was though?"

"He knows your parents," I shrug. "We have been neighbors forever. But I think they went to school together too."

My dad had only seen him a few times, so it definitely didn't immediately register that Grayson was the boy who kept losing his basketball in our yard. It must've clicked the second I told him though.

Grayson just sighs contently, not caring much more about it. He drags me up the stairs, both of us collapsing on his bed for the rest of the afternoon.

A/N

ending chapters is hard

also this story is literally so much longer than i thought it would be lmao oops,,,, not mad about it tho!

don't mind me by the way,,, I know I published this yesterday I had to unpublish it for a sec it's fine lmfao

if y'all are social distancing or self quarantining or anything, how you doing? The outbreak ain't bad near me yet but the stores are still empty so that's fun

anyway love y'all, vote n comment if you feel!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

540K 11.7K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
184K 7.9K 23
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
404K 16.6K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
1M 43K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...