Chaos (Satisfy Series Book Fi...

By TVDlover97

Kaylin Salvatore knows that there is something wrong with her brother Stefan. But does Damon believe her? Doe... More

Ch. 1: I Know What You Did Last Summer
Ch. 2: True Lies
Ch. 3: Original Sin
Ch. 4: For Whom the Bell Tolls
Ch. 5: Monster's Ball
Ch. 6: Handle With Care
Ch. 8: Dead Man on Campus
Ch. 9: The Cell
Ch. 10: Fifty Shades of Grayson
Ch. 11: 500 Years of Solitude
Ch. 12: The Devil Inside
Ch. 13: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Ch. 14: No Exit
Ch. 15: Gone Girl
Ch. 16: While You Were Sleeping
Ch. 17: Rescue Me
Ch. 18: Resident Evil
Ch. 19: Man on Fire
Ch. 20: What Lies Beneath
Ch. 21: Promised Land
Ch. 22: Home

Ch. 7: Death and the Maiden

707 20 1
By TVDlover97

Stefan said that Tessa dropped by last night to give Stefan his memories.

Stefan, Damon, Elena and I were sitting together in the parlor.

"October 1852," I told him.

"You broke my nose when Damon was trying to teach us both how to throw a right hook," Stefan answered.

"But not on purpose," I told him. I looked at Elena and Damon. "Just to be clear." 

Elena laughed.

Damon looked at Stefan. "How much did you pay for that hunk of junk motorcycle you ride?" 

Damon smirked.

"That's a trick question," Stefan told him. "You bought me that motorcycle, although I'm guessing it was pretty expensive."

"So Tessa just gave you back your memories, no strings attached," Damon told him. 

"Well, it wasn't exactly a gift," Stefan told us. "It was a lot to take in at once, everything from blowing out the candles on my first birthday cake to drowning in a safe."

*****

"Stefan," Elena said to bring him out of his memories.

Stefan held his glass a little too tight, breaking it in his hand.

"Whoa!" I told him. "Easy there, buddy."

"Stefan, where did ou go?" Elena asked.

'All that and I still can't remember my own strength," Stefan said. "What was that noise?" 

"Uh, well that is . . ." Damon trailed off. 

"We have a situation," Elena told him.

"Of the Doppelganger variety," I told him.

"Yeah," Elena said.

"Katherine?" Stefan asked.

"No, nope," I answered. "Not Katherine." 

*****

We walked downstairs to the cell.

Amara was screaming, trying to pull free from her chains, causing the noise. "I don't know! I don't know."

"What's wrong with her?" Stefan asked.

"Tessa turned her into a block of rock, left her in a box for 2,000 years, probably went a little stir crazy like those deserted island guys who talk to volleyballs," I told him.

"I said I don't know!" Amara said.

"So, you're telling me that this girl is the only thing holding together the Other Side?" Stefan asked.

"Yep," I answered. "She's the Anchor."

"Leave me alone," Amara said.

"As long as she's alive, the Other Side exists, and we can keep trying to get Bonnie from over there," I told him.

"I said I don't know!" Amara said, growing angry.

"Well, considering she's immortal, I'd say we have plenty of opportunity," Stefan told me.

"You'd think, except last night she stuck a hole in Silas' neck, sucked the Cure right out of him, so now she's not only nuts, she's mortal, which means we have to keep her ordinary little human heart beating until we get Bonnie back," I told him.

"How would you plan to do that?" Stefan asked.

"Silas made a pinky promise that he'd do a spell to bring her back," I told him. "Unfortunately, he's taking his sweet time coming back to Mystic Falls." Amara tried to bite herself on the wrists so she would bleed to death. I opened the door, walking inside, grabbing her wrists to stop her. "Amara, stop."

"No!" Amara told me. "No! Let me die. I want to die!"

I looked at Stefan. "Let's hope love is blind or at least deaf."

*****

Silas wasn't going to bring Bonnie back. He wanted us to kill Amara so that the Other Side would be gone forever.

"We need to buy some more time, protect Amara," Elena told us. "Maybe we should move her somewhere else."

"Silas is a witch," I told her. "He's a living, breathing, GPS tracking device. He'll track her wherever we take her."

"We can't let him anywhere near her until he brings Bonnie back," Elena told us.

"Weren't you listening to anything?" Stefan asked. "He's not gonna bring her back."

"So, what, I should just give up?" Elena asked. "Come on, Stefan. You got your memory back. You know me probably better than anyone else. Do you really think that I'm gonna give up?"

"You know what?" Stefan asked. "You're right. I do know you. You put your hope in all the wrong places and sometimes . . ." He looked at Damon. "In the wrong people." He looked at Elena. "Silas needs to die and put us all out of our misery."

"So long as he's alive, I'm holding out hope that he can still help us," Elena told us.

"Well, as someone who just spent the last three months at the bottom of a quarry because of the guy, I wouldn't hold your breath, pun intended," Stefan told her. "Silas needs to die, and I need to be the one to kill him, end of story."

Stefan walked out of the room.

*****

Jeremy came upstairs to tell us what he had found out. "Amara could see Bonnie, and Bonnie could touch her. They made physical contact. It's like Amara's got a foot on each side or something."

"Poppy exists in both places at once, here and the Other Side?" Elena asked.

"Then she's not crazy crazy, she's just talking to dead supernatural beings roaming around in our basement," I told them.

"The point is if Silas isn't gonna help us, what if Bonnie could be the same thing?" Jeremy asked. "What if she existed on both sides at once? What if she became the Anchor?"

"You're right. Jeremy, you're right," Elena told him. "So, all we would need is someone who could do that spell."

"Oh, please don't say who I think you're gonna say," Damon told her.

"Think about it," Elena told us. "Silas wants Amara to die, and Amara wants Amara to die, so who, besides us, in the one person with the biggest stake against letting that happen?"

Damon went to talk to Tessa.

*****

 Damon led Tessa into the house. 

"So, you live in this giant mansion with two Doppelgangers that are destined to end up together?" Tessa asked. "I swear there's a sitcom in there somewhere. So, where's the ancient boyfriend-stealing bitch?" 

"This way," I told her, leading the way down to the cell in the basement. 

Amara was tied to a chair. 

"That'll be all," Tessa told me. I closed the door, but I still listened. "Well, if it isn't the face that launched a thousand Doppelgangers. A little birdie told me you aren't enjoying your immortal life. 2,000 years, you have nothing to say to me? No apology?" 

"I'm sorry," Amara told her.

"What was that?" Tessa asked.

"I'm sorry," Amara told her.

"Oh," Tessa said. 

"That is what you want to hear, isn't it?" Amara asked. "How I have suffered, how every moment of my life has been a living hell? It has! My sin was falling in love, and I've learned my lesson. You win. You won. Now, please, kill me. Please. Please kill me!"

"Don't worry," Tessa told her. "When I make someone else the Anchor, I will, and since you're nothing more than a non-supernatural human, you'll pass on while Silas is trapped on the Other Side, and the you and Silas, you're gonna spend eternity apart and that is gonna be kind of fantastic for me. Selfishly speaking."

*****

 The lights had went out. 

I walked into the parlor with the Doppelgangers, Damon and Tessa with a flashlight. "Electricity's out in the whole house. What happened?"

"Silas is here," Damon told me. 

"Well, Silas owes us a fuse box," I told him. "Hang on. I only count two Doppelgangers. Where's Crazy Pants?

"And where's the other crazy?" Elena asked.

Elena realized Silas was behind it and walked out of the room.

*****

I found Tessa in the library with an iron poker stuck in her shoulder. "No way." 

"Can't a witch rest in peace?" Tessa complained. 

"It's a flesh wound," I told her. "Get up." I pulled the iron poker out of her shoulder. "You're not done yet. Come on." 

I grabbed Tessa, helping her out of the room and going to the others for her to finish the spell.

*****

"Stefan and Amara are not inside," Damon told us.

"That's because Stefan took her," Elena told him. "You have to go find him before he gets himself killed."

"No," Damon told her. "He's luring Silas away so he can finish this. It's typical Stefan. He'll be fine."

"He's hurting," Elena told him. "Damon, he's not thinking clearly. Okay, Silas may have been the one that put him in that safe, but we were supposed to get him out of it." She looked at me. "Kaylin. Please go find him. We can't lose him again."

"Okay," I told them, walking away.

Tessa continued chanting her spell to replace Poppy with Bonnie as the Anchor to the Other Side. "Ina-pran-khos-suptheia-jhen-ai-pada-khey-rassattan."

*****

I saw Amara trying to kill herself, rushing toward her, giving her vampire blood. "Amara. No. Amara, Amara. Drink this. Drink. More." Amara vomited it up. My blood wouldn't heal her. "No, no, no. Okay. No. Hey. Stay with me. Look at me, look at me. Amara, Amara. Hey! Look at me." 

"I've been in hell for 2,000 years," Amara told me.

"What's another five minutes, huh?" I asked. "Hey!" 

"Let me die," Amara told me. 

"No!" I told her. "Amara! Come on. Please." 

Amara died in my arms.

That meant everyone on the Other Side, including Bonnie, was going away for good. 

*****

Tessa had finished the spell before Amara had died.

That meant Bonnie was the Anchor to the Other Side, and everyone over there was safe and sound. 

Damon and I saw Elena and Stefan talking in the middle of the woods. 

Stefan looked down at Silas' body, resting his hands on the handle of a shovel. 

Elena stood nearby him. "So, he's dead. It's over." 

"Yeah, it's over," Stefan answered.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked.

"I'm fine," Stefan told her. 

"Look at me and tell me that killing Silas worked," Elena told him. "That you'll be okay now."

"Why is this so important to you?" Stefan asked.

"Because I know how much he stole from you," Elena answered.

"Yeah, and he's dead," Stefan told her. 

"And because while you were suffering in that safe, grasping onto hope, fighting every second so you wouldn't lose your humanity . . ." Elena trailed off. "I was happy. I got everything that I wanted, Stefan. I got to be in love, I got the summer of my dreams, I got Bonnie back. So I need to know that this worked. I need to know that it's gonna take away all your suffering. I need to know that you're gonna be okay."

"I wanted it to be you," Stefan told her. "When that safe finally opened and somebody found me . . . I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be all of you." 

Stefan looked at Damon and me. 

I looked at Stefan regretfully. 

We should have been the ones to save him. 

Us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.8K 27
This is a delena fan fiction full of laughs, cries and changes of heart. Elena Gilbert as you know has always loved Stefan Salvatore, She uses the sa...
148K 2K 37
It has been four years since Stefan has left Mystic Falls, due to all the drama and life threatening situations. There's also the fact of Elena leavi...
21.3K 318 7
Y/N is in a relationship with one of the Salvatore brothers, but Elena isn't happy about it. Angry with the intrusion, she will stop at nothing to tr...
24K 399 22
Kaylin Salvatore is doing everything it takes to get her brothers Stefan and Damon back. Damon is dead, and Stefan had disappeared afterward, never t...