valiant | jaskier x oc

By shookishima

Geralt of Rivia, Jaskier, Yennefer of Vengerberg and Princess Cirilla of Cintra are doomed. They have all fin... More

introduction
1- eagle of redania
2- koi no yokan
3- bringer of the end
4- a princess' duty
5- dance of destiny
6- this is not goodbye
7- her sweet kiss
9- don't let go
10- sacrfices must be made
11- strong amongst the weak
12- feast of victory
13- i'm weak my love [SMUT]
14- double, double, toil, and trouble

8- of battle, love and heroics

1.6K 44 6
By shookishima

"You know I usually date older women." Jaskier says playing with Priscilla's fingers.

"Is that where you got your skill?" She says with a laugh. The morning sun kissed her skin in the most beautiful way and it accentuates her smile and laugh even more.

"What skill might you be talking about, My Lady?" Jaskier asks raising an eyebrow. He was already a ray of sunshine to begin with, never failing to fill every room he goes into with positivity, light and laughter but the sun kissing his skin made him even brighter if that was even possibl. Priscilla replies with a chuckle. She sits up from the bed making Jaskier pout.

"I almost forgot what it is today." She says with a sigh.

"What's today?" He asks but as soon as she turns to look at him, her face said it all.

"Nilfgaard," She replies biting her lip with anxiety. Before Jaskier could say anything, they heard a knock on the door.

"My Lady, the-" before Ranger could continue he coughs and chokes at the sight before him.

"I'm sorry for disturbing, your highness. I'm-"

"What did I tell you, Ranger? Knock and then wait." She says motioning for her to continue on with her hands.

"Noted, Princess. Unfortunately, Nilfgaard is getting closer and closer. We must prepare now." He says bowing and then leaving the room.

The two dressed up into a more proper attire and have done their businesses and have finally went out to prepare. They we're walking the halls of the palace when the Princess broke the silence.

"So you really chose to leave Geralt and the others huh?" She suddenly brings up.

"With a heavy heart yes, but you're worth everything." He says as she tightens her grip on his hand.

"So are you." She says with a smile at him.

"I don't even know how they're going to survive without me." Jaskier says with a laugh.

"I think we're doing just fine." Suddenly, a voice says behind them. They soon realized that Yennefer said it and turned to see the group.

"We have stayed. To help." Geralt says as Priscilla rushes to hug him. Surprisingly, Geralt responded with a pat on the back and not looking uncomfortable.

She finally let go and said, "Why the change of heart?"

"A certain bard has made us open our eyes." Yennefer says with a smile.

"And hearts." Ciri continues. Priscilla couldn't contain her tears while smiling at her friends whom she had just met but meant so much to her already.

"Alright. Let's finish this shit up." She says, wiping her tear with her sleeve. They all walked behind her except for Jaskier who was still holding her hand. They soon noticed hundreds of men all heading to one place.

"Where are they going?" Ciri asks.

"They're going to the armory." She replies.

"Well why aren't we going there too? We are going to fight right?" Yennefer asks. Before Priscilla could answer and before any of them had a chance to ask some more, they reached a room with huge doors. Priscilla opens it with ease as if she has been here millions of times. Lo and behold, it was an armory as well with the most exquisite weaponry and equipments made by the finest blacksmiths the Continent has ever seen.

"Did you lot actually think that the Captain of Redania would have her own armory?" She asks with a smirk.

"Choose your weapons noble sirs." She says.

"And ladies." Yennefer says with a smile. They all pick weapons of their choosing while Priscilla opened a huge cabinet which revealed her so-called lucky armor and weapons. It did look of good quality but it was also what she wore when she won that battle with Temeria, forging an alliance like no other. She dresses up and puts her hair in a braid to get ready for whatever might come.

"Now this is more like it." Priscilla says while looking in the mirror.

"I now get why you like these things. They're so comfortable." Yennefer says standing beside her.

"And damn do you look good." Priscilla says with a smirk checking her out.

"Not as good as you, Princess." Yennefer says with a raised eyebrow.

"Are our significant others..." Jaskier starts but Geralt hoped he wouldn't finish.

"Flirting?" He finally finishes.

"She's not my significant other." Geralt says, exiting the room with Jaskier following him.

"What is up Geralt? How did you two even make up? What happened?" He asks him and Geralt grits his teeth.

"I..." He starts and Jaskier intently ushers him to continue.

"Ciri and I suddenly came across her one day. For some reasons, we still keep on barging into each other. I just couldn't let her go and as soon as I introduced her to Ciri, she couldn't let her go. She wants a child you see. So she's not even here for me. She's here for Ciri and I'm alright with that." Geralt opens up.

"I see." Jaskier says patting him in the back. Suddenly the ladies exit the room.

"We have to gather in the Great Hall now." Priscilla says with the others following her. They all enter the room and the entire room was tense. The King stood on the platform for everyone to to be able to hear and see him. Everyone was scared and anxious. This might be the biggest battle they have ever participated in.

"My people! Today we go in battle and today we risk our lives for our lovely kingdom. Do not fail me." The King says sitting in his throne and chugs on his ale. Priscilla just sighs in disappointment. She suddenly taps on Jaskier which meant for him to sing everyone a song. He clears his throat and strums his lute.

-if you want, you could watch this video first: (there's a version on Spotify so you can listen to it while reading! the title is 'edge of the night' and yes i know the song is not played with a lute but i love this song so much and i want to hear jaskier or joey batey sing it)

"Home is behind the world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade"

Everyone clapped their hands softly with a little tears here and there. Suddenly Ranger spoke, "My Lady, we would love to hear you sing as well." Everyone agreed and was nodding and cheering while Jaskier just stood there dumbfounded.

"Just like before My Lady, when you would sing for us before going into battle." A knight says. Priscilla just tries to shake her head to say she can't until Geralt pushed her from behind making her go in front. She looks at him angrily and the side of his lip just curled.

"May I?" Priscilla asks Jaskier, asking if she could borrow his lute. He just nods and she takes it off his grasp. She clears her throat and bites her lip trying not to let tears flow down from her eyes.

"Before I start, I would like to say how I don't like doing this. Putting your lives in danger. If I could I would fight this battle alone. I-" before she could finish a knight spoke up.

"We could never leave your side, Captain." He says. Priscilla sadly chuckles.

"Just know that I am grateful for you all. And it has been an honor to be able to train you and it is an honor now that I will lead you into battle." She says as her eyes began to water.

"We are grateful to have you as a Captain." Ranger says. He says as Priscilla looks at him with tears in his eyes. She wipes them and finally she starts to sing.

You can listen to this! It is also on Spotify so you can listen to it while reading :) The song is "A Hero Comes Home"

"Just wait though wide he may roam
Always a hero comes home
He goes where no one has gone
But always a hero comes home

He knows of places unknown
But always a hero comes home
He goes where no one has gone
But always a hero comes home"

As soon as she sings the final word and strums the final chord, tears erupted from Jaskier's eyes as he claps softly, mesmerized by her beauty and talent. The emotions she makes them feel. She makes him feel. Even Geralt felt a tad bit emotional causing Ciri to tease her 'father but not really'.

"Let's do this shit!" Priscilla says raising a fist in the air causing the knights and people to cheer. They all marched outside the gates of the palace, leaving the already sleeping King in his throne. Priscilla looks at him in disgust and sighs, scared of what may happen. Jaskier gives her a reassuring smile. Priscilla looks at him, afraid that if she blinks she might lose him. Her heartbeat rises and so does Jaskier's. They were both scared but not for themselves.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 953 19
Jaskier is in love with Geralt, but Geralt can't seem to let go of Yennefer. In an act of desperation, Jaskier wishes to forget both the witcher and...
1.9K 38 14
when u are the love and destiny of geralt but another mage makes u leave him behind to save ur daughter will u? geraltxsarahvane
29.9K 966 31
A book of imagines and one shots dedicated to the Netflix show, The Witcher. I will predominately be writing for Geralt and Jaskier to begin with but...
6.3K 242 12
AZALEA OF VENGERBERG was not normal. Scarlett and slit eyes, dark hair, rosy-pale skin and a mean attitude. She had a kindness deep within her soul...