a knight's promise // botw li...

By bleachbub

a cute lil story between you and link before the calamity! (side note! this story is not related to 'silent m... More

employed
every girl's dream
welcome to hyrule castle!
the princess
blondie
saved
the guardians of hyrule
meeting the champions
bonding time with anya!
appointed knight's request
sunsets
zelda's hobby
trust & value
a ball?
fired?!
frenemies
an unexpected encounter
the heart of the hero
zelda's confession
the king's decision
the memorable dance
risky actions
tender embrace
his gift
intimacy

hyrule's royal ball

5.1K 163 161
By bleachbub

yes i am alive and i sincerely apologise for not updating in so long!! tbh i was super busy cos i was in the middle of moving houses and then christmas came along blah blah... and i didn't get to write christmas chapters for my books :(

anyway, i'm here now and i hope u all enjoy this chapter!! happy new year!! this one's a bit long btw and i hope i didn't make any mistakes whoops.

———————————<3———————————

the rest of the day consisted of you sweeping the floors until they were crystal clear and setting up tables for the upcoming ball. as you were cleaning one of the tables, your e/c eyes led to the balcony just outside on your right and you imagined how beautiful the view must look in the night. 

"miss (y/n)! stop daydreaming and get back to work!"

you jumped from fludia's loud screeching voice and got back to work. you wiped your forehead and kept your eye on the chores in front of you so that you could focus on something other than link. 

*✭˚·゚✧*·゚later*✭˚·゚✧*·゚*

"(y/n)! (y/n)!"

you turned around and was face to face with anya. she looked to her right then to her left and whispered to you.

"did link ask you to go to the ball with him yet?"

you shook your head. to your dismay, link still didn't ask you and you felt a bit upset about it. you thought that maybe he would ask you to be his date since he really only communicated with you, even on a personal level. and those warm moments you occasionally had with him too must've meant something right?

anya frowned too and tried to cheer you up.

"w-well, let's go together. i was going to go with a knight, Rhodes, but i'd rather stay with you."

you smiled sweetly at anya but felt bad since you knew that she really wanted to go with the knight and you politely declined her.

"no, it's alright. you should go have fun, don't worry about me, anya."

-

"(y/n)...well, if that's what you want...hey! why don't you go with judo? i don't think he's going with anyone."

-

"yeah, maybe i'll ask him if he hasn't got a partner."

-

"that's the spirit! there's only two more hours left until the ball officially starts, we need to get ready! come on!"

anya grabbed your wrist and dragged you to the maid's quarters and you smiled at your friend. you were so grateful to have a supportive friend like anya, you wouldn't know what to do without her. she opened the doors to her shared room and made you sit on your old bed, memories began to fill your mind as you looked around the tiny room. your current room was a lot bigger than anya's plus, you had an ensuite bathroom too. 

"which dress should i wear?"

your eyes directed themselves back to your friend, she was holding two dresses in her hands. one was dark blue, it was long and tight fitting, and had delicate white gems over the top and bottom. the top/neckline was heart shaped, and would show off her fair skin nicely. 

the other dress was more like a gown, the bottom had two layers and consisted of dark red and dark magenta. the sleeves cuffed around her shoulders and it would shape her waist wonderfully. 

"hmm..."

anya waited for your decision with a glint in her eyes.

"i think, the dark blue one. blue's the colour of the royal family right? with this one, your date, who's a knight, would be highly impressed. i'll do your hair if you want?"

anya squeeled and hugged you tightly. she squeezed you and beamed. 

"i was hoping you'd choose that one! oh, (y/n)! i'm so excited! Rhodes is going to love this!"

anya danced around the room and you chuckled. 

"get changed so i can do your hair, anya."

-

"eh? what about you? when are you gonna get ready?"

-

"i'll get ready when you're done and i'll meet you at the ball, we don't have much time to mess around with our dresses!"

-

"what! (y/n)! you have a dress?!"

you shyly smiled and nodded. you didn't tell anya that it was the dress you both awed over all those weeks ago and you couldn't wait for her reaction. 

speaking of the dress, you still needed to thank zelda for it! you decided you'd thank her tonight.

*✭˚·゚✧*·゚later*✭˚·゚✧*·゚*

"thank's (y/n)! i'll see you tonight!"

you waved goodbye to your friend and quickly left to get ready. you decided to just ask judo at the ball instead of walking all the way to the butler's quarters.

you entered your room and gazed at the beautiful f/c gown on your vanity. it was just simply fit for a princess, even a goddess.

how on earth were you going to pull this off?

you shook your head and quickly took a shower and walked over to your vanity and carefully placed the dress on your bed. you put on a little bit of light makeup on, a gift from zelda of course and carefully slipped out of your towel. you put on your undergarments and carefully stepped into the dress. 

it wrapped itself onto you, making your waist look a bit smaller than usual and the gown spread out, almost like a wedding dress. the top was a heart shaped neckline and the sleeves were small amounts of the material of the dress that went around your shoulders, leaving enough skin to show for a royal ball.

you looked at yourself in the mirror and twirled and as you spun around, the dress glimmered and you looked at the dress carefully. the whole dress was covered in dainty, little white gems and sparkled in the light. you didn't even notice!

you smiled widely and quickly did your hair, nothing too dramatic since the dress was so eye-catching. you quickly checked the time and it read 7:50, the ball was going to start in 10 minutes! you definitely could make it in time for the grand opening and you hurriedly left your room. you lifted the front of the dress and quickly fast-walked to the ballroom. 

*✭˚·゚✧*·゚later*✭˚·゚✧*·゚*

as you entered the room and walked over to judo, you felt eyes staring at you and you blushed. you quickly made your way to him and tapped his shoulder. you couldn't see anya anywhere.

the ballroom was quite large, the middle of it being empty whilst the edges of it had the tables you helped set up. near the back of the room, there was a second level that could be entered by the large heap of marble stairs in the middle, making the second level almost like a balcony that overlooked the room.

"(y/n)--oh my goddesses, you look--"

judo was then interrupted by a certain young knight.

"(Y/N)! you look a-ma-zing! when i saw you i couldn't keep my eyes off of you, you're gorgeous!"

you blushed immensely at caleb's compliment and you complimented his appearance as well. the knight scratched the back of his head cheekily and smiled widely at you. judo rolled his eyes and complimented on your dress, and you thanked him. 

"oi, (y/n), did you come with someone? judo and i didn't."

-

"ah, no...no one asked me. i-it's fine, though! i can spend time with my friends and you guys, so i'm not all that upset about it..."

judo eyed you and noticed the dullness in your face, but decided not to ask you about it. 

suddenly, the lights of the large room started to dim as more and more hylians, zoras, gerudos, ritos and even the large gorons started to pile into the room. you awed at everyone's attire and felt excited again. 

everyone patiently waited for the king to enter from the level above and you waited for zelda to walk out. soon enough, everyone stopped talking as the king entered in his royal attire, dressed in the royal blue colour.

"welcome everyone, to hyrule's grand royal ball!"

the audience clapped.

"the royal family hopes that each and every one of you will thoroughly enjoy this ball, and make loving and precious memories along with it. i will now announce my daughter, zelda, to come and have the first dance."

the audience clapped once again and waited for the princess to walk out. 

zelda appeared from the side, her long and gorgeous royal ballgown you picked for her trailing after her as she walked down the stairs and onto the marble floor. everyone awed at the princess' beauty. her hair was done by braiding it into one tail and then wrapping itself to make a braided-looking bun. she wore a small crown and pearl earrings.

then, a young figure walked towards her, his hand extending and waiting for hers to join his.

judo leaned down to you and whispered quietly.

"is that master link?"

your heart dropped, and you looked directly at the young figure. 

it was link.

the knight was dressed in his royal guard attire, except this one was more detailed and more ball-esc. your heart thumped loudly in your chest as you took in his appearance and felt your heart race. some words were exchanged between the princess and her knight.

"princess zelda, will you be my partner for tonight?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 3.4K 30
Zelda and Link have finally reunited after the Calamity, and there's a lot to do to restore Hyrlue to its former glory. On their adventures together...
519 13 4
His motions were a subtle but steady pushing, an undulation of that warm frame behind her. His steady hand just over her hip was dimpling her nightsh...
91.9K 1.7K 18
This is the story of Link and Zelda and their travels together before the Great Calamity hit. It's the story of their relationship and adventures, so...
4.5K 124 43
Sidlink fanfic. This story takes place after the events of botw but before totk at this point Link has already defeated Ganon. I dont proof read the...