Better With(out) You (Sequel...

johnstonesyx által

A year changes a lot. A year can change two people easily. One realizes their mistakes, but it may be too la... Több

Introduction
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five

Thirteen

231 7 5
johnstonesyx által

It took a couple of weeks for the blowout to really sink in and make Sergio start to think. Not even at his wedding did he see Sarah get so upset at him. She had never screamed like that him before, and every time he thought about it, it ate at him more. He knew how much he cared, and he knew how much he missed her. There was just something there that was preventing him from being able to say the right words to her, and he didn't quite exactly know what. Maybe it was the fact that he never admitted to his teammates that he missed her presence, or it could be the fact that he did see so much good in his wife. It was just so complicated.

Sarah was at a point where she was really strong too. She was happy where she was and seemed to be on a really good path. It was something that she deserved. She should have all of the happiness in the world. Finally, she seemed to find the unconditional love that she wanted and needed in her life. A man that looked out for her and would do anything for her, but it was Harry fucking Maguire. Sergio couldn't stand how that guy had such a mouth on him, but everyone else said he was such a class guy. He was a lot worse than James, but this time, he really actually wanted the best for Sarah. Sergio just felt like he couldn't win.

It was one day in the middle of training that Sergio's head was so clouded. He couldn't concentrate and focus on what he was doing. It was just so..... quiet. He remembered back in the day when Sarah were there, everyone would be more talkative and she'd always be joking around with them. It was so much different without her there. It was weird to see James not going over and talking to someone so much, but of course, Sergio didn't miss that. He was such a cunt to Sergio.

Although, everyone saw Sergio as the cunt. However, they didn't even know what he had done. The team didn't even know that he went to Manchester a few weeks ago. He kept it quiet. He knew he was going to be ripped into when they all found out about what he did. They knew about what Sarah had said, and the moment he got back to the Real Madrid campus after the international break, James let him have it. He let him have it about how everything was now coming back to bite him in the ass.

Those thoughts ate at him so much that he just sudden panicked and walked quickly off the training pitch. He almost felt sick to his stomach as he was thinking way too much about what he had done. He started to wonder what exactly he had done wrong. Where was the turning point? He knew that he was wrong in some sense, but he needed to figure it out. He needed the help.

He got inside into their training building and just sat down against the wall near their changing rooms. "Fucking hell." he whispered to himself as he put his head in his hands. He never let any obstacle in life cause him to walk out of a training session, and this was the first time. It was the first time something had ever eaten up at him so much that he just could not think straight. It pained him thinking knowing someone that he really did care about pretty much spited him now. He knew that once he let the team know what he had did, most of them would let be able to let him down.

"Sese?" His thoughts were interrupted as a familiar voice came from down before. He was surprised to see Laura down the hall and looking at him with confusion. Standing up, Sergio faced her and gave her the same look. "Laura, what are you doing here?" he asked her as she walked towards him. She didn't have the happiest look on her face, especially when she started shaking her head at him.

"The same reason you went to Manchester." she told him coldly. She knew. Sergio could never hide fear from any of his family, and he certainly was not able to hide it from Laura. She looked about ready to hit him as she stood right in front of him, and automatically, he stepped back. "Laura, please don't hit me." he begged as he shook a little bit. Glaring at him, his youngest sister shook her head and clenched both of her fists. "You really think I shouldn't? Sese, how could you do that to Sarah? You are so lucky Harry didn't beat the shit out of you."

He almost cringed at the mention of Harry Maguire. Maguire could have easily hit Sergio back into another time, and Sergio knew it. He was a bit of a scary guy, even to Sergio. "I had to do it though, Laura. Come on, you know that Sarah went over the top with what she did." he argued with Laura. That was never going to convince Laura, however. It just angered her more. He was really shooting him in the foot with what he was doing. "Pilar went over the top first, you whore! Way over the top, and you just can't admit it!"

Of course, James walked in and raised his eyebrows at the conversation they were having. "What's going on? Zidane is wondering what is going on." he questioned as he came over to the two siblings. Here we go. Sergio just rolled his eyes and turned to the Colombian man. He gave him the typical glare, despite James being calm, cool, and collected. "It really is none of your business this time, James." he told him.

In response to that, Laura rolled her eyes and pushed her brother to the side and faced the Colombian and gave him a smirk. "Hi James. I hope you're well. You know when Sergio was gone from training not too long ago? Yeah, he went to Manchester." Laura shamelessly explained causing James to give Sergio the most questioning look. The Colombian man folded his arms and raised his eyebrows. It was like knives were being shot into Sergio as he was being stared at by his sister and one teammate he did not particularly like.

"What did you do to Sarah now?" James asked with the most annoyed tone in his voice and another classic glare. It wasn't like Sergio could explain without either one of them yelling at him for being wrong, so he just shook his head and shrugged. "All you're going to do is tell me how wrong I am." he bluntly told him as Laura just rolled her eyes and let out an annoyed sigh. "You were wrong in the sense that it ended up in her balling her eyes out and you almost getting beat up by her boyfriend."

Disgusted, James just shook his head at Sergio. "You son of a bitch, again? I don't care how vicious she may have been with calling Pilar out, but that gives you no right to make her cry! You know how much pain she was in?" he reminded Sergio. Of course, Sergio didn't want to hear it. It was none of James's business to Sergio when in reality, James had every right. He had a lot to do with the situation, and he owned up to the mistakes he made. Sergio never bought the whole act though.

"You have nothing to do with this, James." Sergio coldly tried to tell him. However, James was already shaking his head as he also had his fists clenched. "Yes I do. I made a mistake in the whole drama. I did love Sarah a lot, but I let my anger take over and I only hurt her more. I listened to Satan, aka your wife, and caused Sarah's mental health to get worse. In return, she did what she did at your wedding and got worse after. At least I can see what I did wrong and I made up with Sarah for it. You, on the other hand, are not going to do anything until you realize you should have never let Pilar off the hook. I know you love her, Sergio. If you're in love, then so be it, but realize that no one's significant other is actually perfect. Come on. Sarah supported you being in love when that woman treated her like complete shit. She knows that she made mistakes, but she's never going to forgive you until Pilar owns up to what she's done."

After that, James just gave Sergio the finger and walked back off to the training pitch. Even when James and Sarah dated, Sergio had never seen James that angry before. It wasn't about how much he loved Sarah or how much pride he had over Sergio. It was the fact that everyone else was actually trying to solve the situation while the one part of the Ramos family was still invested in the drama. They were still trying to be on top and be ahead of everyone else. It just didn't make any sense, but now Sergio was starting to realize that he needed to begin talking to Pilar.

Sighing, Sergio just shook his head at himself and swore under his breath. "I need to go home." he whispered as he started to head in the changing room. At that moment, Marcelo came over and put his hand on Sergio's shoulder. "Capi, what are you doing now?" the Brazilian man questioned him. Turning around, Sergio just shook his head at his vice-captain and close friend. "I am leaving for the day. I need to go start figuring something out at home. A lot has happened in the past couple of weeks." he explained as he entered their changing room.

Marcelo needed answers, so he followed Sergio in and gave the captain a stern look as he began to change. "What did you do? We all could tell you have been hiding something." he pointed out. Stopping as he changed his pants, Sergio gave Marcelo a weird stare. "Really?" he asked dumbfounded. Marcelo then nodded and had to prevent himself from rolling his eyes. The whole team could see through Sergio at this point. "You really haven't been yourself since the whole blowout on social media, and now there's more evidence since James just stormed past me."

James was probably about to go tell the whole team at this point, and they would all be on his ass about it. It was annoying, but nerve-wracking. Sergio couldn't deal with the thoughts. "I went to Manchester." Sergio admitted as he started putting regular clothes on. Marcelo was not one bit surprised. He knew Sergio would end up doing that at some point. It was written in the stars. Sergio would do anything he could to get this all solved, and yet a lot of what he has done has been mistakes.

"And how badly did it go?" Marcelo assumed off the bat. Sighing again, Sergio almost laughed at himself for the humiliation. "I almost got beat up." he admitted. Raising his eyebrows, Marcelo nodded slowly and sighed. "Was it John who almost did?" Sergio just shook his head and widened his eyes. "No, from her new man. Unlike James, he has the capability to physically hurt me, which makes him a lot scarier when it comes to dating Sarah." he explained as he almost shuddered at the thought of Harry Maguire threatening to end his career. He was a scary man, but he was a scary man that cared a lot about his woman. Sergio, unfortunately, could tell how much Harry cared.

"But?" Marcelo gestured for him to go on. Blushing a little, Sergio just shook his head. "I can tell how much this man really loves Sarah and wants the best for her." There was a little bit of defeat in Sergio's voice. He knew that was a signed deal to not have Sarah come back to the team at all. It was another obstacle in making things right, and Marcelo knew that. "If she is happier there, then let her be there. I know she wants it all resolved, but the next step in moving forward with this drama is with you, Sese." he reminded the Spaniard.

Nodding, Sergio finished getting ready and grabbed his bag. "That's why I am going home. It starts at home and I am simply going to ask my wife a few questions." he stated as he walked out of the changing room. He didn't say a word to his sister, who was waiting outside the dressing room and speaking to her close friend, Eden Hazard. He just nodded at the two of them, before heading out to his car.

He got in, drove through the streets of Madrid, and got home. He could hear the happy voices of his sons as he got into the house. It was just another happy day of them playing and being good for their mother, who was enjoying the mood of her boys. Sergio slowly entered the room without disrupting the happiness and sat on the couch next to his wife.

"Hola, amor." Sergio quietly greeted his wife. Pilar turned and gave her husband a look of surprise, but smiled as she was happy to see him home. "You're home early." she pointed out. Nodding, he just shrugged and gave her a small smile. "I couldn't concentrate today. I just have been thinking a lot lately, and it's been a bother." he explained to her. Pilar, being the concerned wife she is, then set everything to the side and took a look at her husband. His wellbeing mattered a lot to her, and she wanted to help him in anyway that she could.

"Mi amor, what has been on your mind?" she asked him sweetly. Sergio almost felt sick to his stomach when thinking about telling her. He was starting to feel really bad about everything now, but he knew he had to say it in a form of a question. Taking a deep breath, he looked right into her eyes. "Why did you do so much to drive someone important out of my life?" He asked her with all sincerity. 

Pilar was suddenly caught off by that question and froze for a moment. He had never asked her why she had done all of the ruthless things to Sarah. He never questioned why she tore someone, who in reality who was harmless, down when Sarah supported their relationship for so long. She loved Sergio, but for the most part, she never did anything to tear the relationship apart. The wedding was an exception, but perhaps, that was a reaction to all of what happened during that summer. Sarah's head was far from being on straight at that point. It was hard to Pilar to answer the whole question. 

"I just, I don't know how to answer that, Sergio." she admitted quietly as she looked down at her lap. Nodding slowly, Sergio sighed as he began to think about it more. He knew Sarah longer than Pilar, but what had she done wrong exactly? Maybe it was the fact that him and Sarah were close friends when him and Pilar initially started dating, and the fact that he and Sarah had done some stuff in the period of time before him and Pilar were together. It was a tough thing to think about. 

"You were threatened by her." Sergio guessed. It was an assumption that made Pilar redder than a tomato. It was the full blown truth. Pilar was always threatened by Sarah. Her positive impact on the team. The way that the Real players loved her and made jokes about her friendship with Sergio. The way Sergio's family loved her. It all bothered Pilar, but it was because Sarah cared about everyone that she worked with and was close with. She never did anything wrong to Pilar in reality. Anything she said to Pilar was in retaliation to what Pilar had started. 

Sighing, Pilar just nodded slowly and tried not to tear up. "She loved you, Sergio. Another woman wanted you." she reminded him weakly. Of course Sergio knew that, and his mother made that clear, but Sergio knew what he wanted in his life. "I thought maybe in point I did as well, but I never felt like it was right for me to be with her. It was always you. I mean you both have done a lot for me, but you gave me my family and it just felt right with you." he explained to her. He never wanted Sarah to be seen as a threat. Sarah was too kind to be a threat. She was the sweetest person. 

Luckily, Pilar didn't say anything after that. She just nodded slowly and sighed. Sergio wanted to speak more, and so he did so. It was his right to do so. She needed to listen and think about what she has done. "I just wish you would have said something. I would have done something to help whatever went on between the both of you. You two never had to be best friends, but just chill with each other. Then maybe none of this would have happened." 

In a sense, Sergio was correct. Sarah and Pilar didn't have to be close, but they should have been able to get along like adults. It was just too much of a competition between them. It saddened him. What really could have been something special was tainted. It was hard to admit, but Pilar had to nod in agreement. It was slowly starting to hit her. Sarah was a great person overall. She had too big of a heart, and it probably made it hard for Pilar.

"I understand. I just don't see her forgiving me, or us for that matter." she admitted. Shrugging, Sergio just sighed and teared up a little bit. It hurt him a lot to think about. "It would take awhile considered everything that has happened, but it's doable. I think we just need to let her be for awhile. Let her continue to get happier." he thought up of. It was so hard for Pilar to take this all in, and she hated admitting that Sergio was right. However, she knew that she could be destroyed more if she didn't shape herself up. 

"Do you think she'll come back to Madrid one day after everything has been resolved?" she asked. It didn't take long for Sergio think about it, and frankly, he didn't like the answer he was giving. "Not a chance. Her best life seems like it's back in England. It's the man she loves that makes it the best for her."

It was truth that hurt for Sergio to admit, but he would slowly have to accept it. 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

8K 250 27
Sergio has a passion for futbol and he'll do whatever it takes to succeed. But when softhearted Luka comes into his life he seems to care about somet...
179K 4.6K 35
Beauty is only skin deep and sometimes you need to look deeper to find the person that you were meant to spend your life with ft. Sergio Ramos
9.6K 292 24
Love may make us all happy, but it makes us suffer. It brings people together, but it tears people apart. It's complicated. We never know what can ha...
4.4K 100 19
"everything I fucking do, I do for you!" He's head over heals for her from the beginning, she likes him, but shes scared.