Daughter Of L贸rien || Book 1||

By LightofLaurelin

Celebr铆el is the first-born daughter of Lord Elrond and Lady Celebr铆an, though her parentage is not easily re... More

Ch 1 ~ The Forest
Ch 2 ~ Creatures of Mirkwood
Ch 3 ~ The Dungeons
Ch 4 ~ Daughter of Elrond
Ch 5 ~ Captain of the Guard
Ch 6 ~ The Woodland King
Ch 7 ~ The Prince
Ch 8 ~ Celebr铆el
Ch 9 ~ The Palace
Ch 10 ~ Memories
Ch 11 ~ Reunited
Ch 12 ~ The Healers Wing
Ch 13 ~ A Night's Meeting
Ch 14 ~ Morning Mischief
Ch 15 ~ Chocolate
Ch 16 ~ Twin Trouble
Ch 17 ~ Meeting Again
Ch 18 ~ The Hands of a Healer
Ch 19 ~ Archery Practice
Ch 21 ~ Swords Crossed
Ch 22 ~ Word from Rivendell
Ch 23 ~ Horses and Princes
Ch 24 ~ A Lesson in the Forest
Ch 25 ~ Swordswoman
Ch 26 ~ A Friend
Ch 27 ~ The Library
Ch 28 ~ Homeward Bound
Ch 29 ~ Matters of the Heart
Ch 30 ~ More Time
Ch 31 ~ The Dwarf
Ch 32 ~ Return to Mirkwood
Ch 33 ~ The Dwarf's Departure
Ch 34 ~ Orcs from the Moutains
Ch 35 ~ Lingering Days
Ch 36 ~ The Lady of Rivendell
Ch 37 ~ A Letter from Home
Ch 38 ~ The Shadow of Sorrow
Ch 39 ~ The Morning of the Feast
Ch 40 ~ The Feast of Starlight
Ch 41 ~ A Visit to the Kitchens
Ch 42 ~ From Dusk til Dawn
Ch 43 ~ The New Captain
Ch 44 ~ Call to the Front
Ch 45 ~ Farewell Promises
Ch 46 ~ Confronting the King
Ch 47 ~ Returns
Ch 48 ~ Reminiscence
Ch 49 ~ And Regret
Ch 50 ~ Home
Thank You

Ch 20 ~ Trouble with Bows and Arrows

4.4K 206 13
By LightofLaurelin

We've been practicing for hours, my fingers sore, the muscles along my arms and back utterly spent. He'd been instructing me from the sidelines, occasionally shooting his own bow to demonstrate, but we haven't made much progress. Currently, he watches me with a bored expression, resting his head against a tree as he sharpens his new pair of knives.

For the hundredth time that afternoon, I lock my gaze on the target in front of me, shooting only to miss the center yet again, and let a stream of curses slip past my lips.

A low whistle sounds from the side lines.

"That's quite colorful language for a Princess."

The Prince chuckles softly as he pushes himself off the tree, sheathing his knives at his side, and struts over to me with an amused smirk on his face.

"For the last time, I'm not a Princess," I growl, my frustration with my progress sparking into anger as I glare hotly at him.

He just raises his arms in mock surrender before I whip back around to face the target, slipping another arrow into the shaft of my bow.

Anger, frustration, and fatigue cloud my vision as I try to regain control over my body and concentrate on the target infront of me. Slowly, my breaths begin to even out and I pull back the arrow, eyes fixed straight ahead. I almost jump when I feel his arms come around me to brace my own, his callused fingers gently steadying my hand as I hold the arrow in place. His face is inches from mine as we focus on the target ahead, and I feel my heart rate speed up; from nothing other than shock, I quickly convince myself.

"Calm down," he whispers in my ear. His breath is warm against my neck, sending shivers down my spine. "Let the world around you fade. Focus."

Despite my heart pounding erratically in my chest, I do as I'm told, letting his warm touch, the noise of the wind, the ache of my tired muscles, all fade into nothing as I concentrate solely on the target and the arrow between my fingers... and release it.

It hits dead centre.

The world comes rushing back to me, and I quickly pull myself away from him, realizing that his arms still hold mine. My head spins, trying to process what just happened.

What was that!?

I barely register my perfect shot as an avalanche of emotions tumble through me, my heart beating a mile a minute as I attempt to sort through them. His voice jars me from my thoughts, sending a shockwave through my body.

"Celebríel... you did it."

He sounds suprised and possibly even impressed, though my muddled brain could be playing tricks on me.

I refuse to turn to face him as I set down my bow and start unstrapping the quiver attached to my back, slowed down by the shaking of my hands. Storing the half-empty quiver back on the shelf, I start walking back towards the entrance through which I came, struggling to calm my pounding heart.

What in Varda's name is wrong with me!?

"Where are you going?" I hear him call to me in confusion, his voice nearly drowned out by the blood roaring in my ears.

Quickly glancing back to him, I mumble something about 'clearing my head' and rush out of the training area before he can respond.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 248 17
When dreams stop being dreams, things get confusing. Anna is back - back in a place she once thought was just a product of her imagination. The silve...
818K 28.2K 68
*WATTYS 2015 WINNER* A woman has been living with the corsairs for centuries, she could only see the outside world through a window. But when given a...
4.7K 174 15
In the wake of a dark and grimy cell of Mirkwood, you find yourself in a sticky situation. You are [Y/n], the last daughter of Izalith, the Witch of...
49.1K 1.4K 22
Melethril is the daughter of the great elven silversmith Celebrimbor, Everything in her world is just and right before her father falls prey to Sauro...